A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Walrii (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide (/showthread.php?tid=107)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - Sawduck - 31-08-2021

Answers in, round 2 was harder to just pick one song

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - RSOAPS - 31-08-2021

3 Hour Warning for @nothing (or any newcomers who want to join in) to PM me an answer.

Everyone from Round 1 is now in and we have a new player joining us for Round 2 as E.N. has also thrown his hat in the ring. Welcome aboard. If any other lurkers wish to get an entry in my PMs will remain open until 8pm for Round 2 newcomers.

Once again all 5 songs in this Round were selected...

But was there another obvious frontrunner this time around?

Or will we have a more even spread of votes per song?

Time to find out...

A bit more divergence than Round 1, but still a decent enough SHEEP, and only one Ace this time around...

Question 2: Round 2

Good Charlotte - The Anthem - 5
Kol
Necro
Sawduck
ShaneU
Spears

Fionn - Dirty Dancing - 2
ari101
cee_jay

HAIM - Don't Save Me - 2
E.N.
Irish Aris

James Blunt - Wisemen - 2
jp liz v1
Neowise

ACES - 1:

Incubus - Anna Molly - nothing

Good Charlotte - The Anthem will be joining Avril Lavigne in Semi-Final 1 as we bid farewell to 4 more songs...

As much as I love all the songs that appear here Good Charlotte would've been the last of them to secure my own vote from those 5, so I certainly wouldn't have been part of the SHEEP for this one. Would've been a tough call for me to choose between Fionn and HAIM, but I would have had a vote in on one of those two.

Same as yesterday, feel free to discuss the Round 2 songs, but bear in my end that Good Charlotte will be part of the Semi-Final SHEEP question so maybe avoid statements like "I'm going to pick this every single time" or "It's bound to win the entire game" etc. etc. so as not to influence how people pick their answers later in the game.

Leaderboard after Round 2, sees 4 people pull away from the rest of the group, but still plenty of game left to play, and there may even be an opportunity to amass some bonus points that could shake things up before the game is done too.

Scores after question 2:

12 - ShaneU
12 - Sawduck
12 - Necro
12 - Kol
9 - jp liz v1
9 - Neowise
9 - ari101
6 - Spears
3 - cee_jay
3 - Irish Aris
2 - nothing
2 - E.N.

Round 3: Send me a PM with whichever of these songs you want to SHEEP or think will SHEEP by 8pm Wednesday (that's tomorrow)

Klaxons - It's Not Over Yet

Little Big Town - Pontoon

Mike + The Mechanics - Over My Shoulder

New Radicals - Someday We'll Know

One Direction - Live While We're Young

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - nothing - 31-08-2021

I'm starting to think I have very different musical taste to everyone else...

(31-08-2021, 08:04 PM)nothing Wrote: I'm starting to think I have very different musical taste to everyone else...

Nah, there's no wrong answers in this SHEEP because I chose all the songs and they're all great, so your musical taste is spot on... pac

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - Spears - 31-08-2021

I did kinda like the Fionn song, but I sold my soul for the last round and went with what I thought would Sheep rather than what I like best, because I didn't want to ace again  Big Grin

(31-08-2021, 08:19 PM)Spears Wrote: I did kinda like the Fionn song, but I sold my soul for the last round and went with what I thought would Sheep rather than what I like best, because I didn't want to ace again  Big Grin

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e475fwovmnil8x09pbx18...y.gif&ct=g]

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - cee_jay - 31-08-2021

I would like to thank Soapy for introducing Fionn to my life Big Grin

(31-08-2021, 08:23 PM)cee_jay Wrote: I would like to thank Soapy for introducing Fionn to my life Big Grin

I'm just glad a couple of people liked that one - wasn't sure if it was one anyone would appreciate.

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - ari101 - 31-08-2021

Yeah, I went with 'feck trying to sheep' and picked Fionn, HAIM was a close second, great music from my perspective. Delighted to get new finds!

Smile

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - jp liz v1 - 31-08-2021

Being blunt I thought it was wise picking James but I was wrong

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - E.N. - 31-08-2021

I don't even need to listen to day 3, i know what's getting my vote Big Grin

I will listen to them though, but I'm 99% certain, absolutely love one of those tracks

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - RSOAPS - 01-09-2021

Have received answers from all but @Kol @ari101 and @Spears - no rush though, you've got until 8pm

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - Trigger - 01-09-2021

(31-08-2021, 11:06 PM)E.N. Wrote: I don't even need to listen to day 3, i know what's getting my vote Big Grin

I will listen to them though, but I'm 99% certain, absolutely love one of those tracks
Yeah we all know what a big One Direction fan you are...

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - Kol - 01-09-2021

Will get my pick in a bit later @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - ari101 - 01-09-2021

I'm torn amongst a few today... nothing I dislike on the list... Smile

Final boarding call for @Spears that this airplane will be departing as scheduled at 8pm. pac 

If you miss out on the day you'll receive zero points for that round, but can of course hop back in for future rounds.

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - Irish Aris - 01-09-2021

(01-09-2021, 05:23 PM)ari101 Wrote: I'm torn amongst a few today... nothing I dislike on the list... Smile

First day that it was very easy for me, one song really stood out!

Moving into Round 3 a new player enters the fray as Wichita Lineman joins us on this journey...

One song was left out in the cold today as New Radicals - Someday We'll Know failed to garner any support (you absolute monsters, I love that song) so how much of a split does that mean went down amidst the other four...

All of our four front-runners who had hit the SHEEP in the first two rounds all went in different directions this time around, but will that make any difference to the overall scores...

Time to find out...

It looked like the SHEEP was going another way earlier this afternoon, but a surge of votes came in for one song over the past few hours...

Question 3: Round 3

Mike + The Mechanics - Over My Shoulder - 5
ari101
Kol
Neowise
nothing
Wichita Lineman

Klaxons - It's Not Over Yet - 3
E.N.
Irish Aris
ShaneU

Little Big Town - Pontoon - 2
cee_jay
Sawduck

One Direction - Live While We're Young - 2
jp liz v1
Necro

INVALIDS - 0:

no answer given - Spears

Mike + The Mechanics - Over My Shoulder will be progressing to Semi-Final 1 where it shall face off against Avril Lavigne and Good Charlotte.

Seemed to be a tough round there for some of you and even though it didn't receive any actual votes, New Radicals at least got a few mentions in the PM's, so I'm happy that it got the nod of acknowledgement anyway... pac

Same as always, feel free to discuss the Round 3 songs, but bear in mind that Mike + The Mechanics will be part of the Semi-Final SHEEP question so maybe avoid statements like "I'm going to pick this every single time" or "It's bound to win the entire game" etc. etc. so as not to influence how people pick their answers later in the game.

Leaderboard after Round 3 sees a shift amongst the frontrunners as Kol takes the overall lead, but still a close enough race overall, and not a bad start for Wichita Lineman despite being late to the party...

Scores after question 3:

17 - Kol
15 - ShaneU
14 - Sawduck
14 - Neowise
14 - Necro
14 - ari101
11 - jp liz v1
7 - nothing
6 - Spears
6 - Irish Aris
5 - cee_jay
5 - E.N.
5 - Wichita Lineman

Round 4: Send me a PM with whichever of these songs you want to SHEEP or think will SHEEP by 8pm Thursday (that's tomorrow)

Prefab Sprout - The King of Rock 'N' Roll

Queens Of The Stone Age - First It Giveth

Radiohead - Jigsaw Falling Into Place

Staind - Fade

Travis - Sing

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - ari101 - 01-09-2021

New Radicals song is great, you generally hear the one massive hit played these days only, but I love this one two, however I love Mike and the Mechanics equally so I'm glad in my thinking that it was the sheepier choice Big Grin

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - Kol - 01-09-2021

I thought 1D might have given Mike a run there but there was always only one winner for me.

Wasn't gone on that Klaxxon cover at all, surprised it got so much love.

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - Irish Aris - 01-09-2021

Klaxon's whole album Myths Of The Near Future is really great.
I had Golden Skans stuck on repeat for the first couple of years after its release.

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - jp liz v1 - 01-09-2021

I don't regret picking 1D love that track so catchy

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - E.N. - 01-09-2021

(01-09-2021, 08:18 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: Klaxon's whole album Myths Of The Near Future is really great
[Image: giphy.gif]

Its a belter of an album, absolutely love it!

I do like the New Radicals and Mike and the Mechanics too, but it would need something special to top Klaxons for me

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - E.N. - 01-09-2021

I know all of today's tracks. Got a good idea of what will sheep but it won't be what I'm voting for Tongue

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - Spears - 01-09-2021

(01-09-2021, 07:41 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Final boarding call for @Spears that this airplane will be departing as scheduled at 8pm. pac 

If you miss out on the day you'll receive zero points for that round, but can of course hop back in for future rounds.

Cry Cry Cry nooooo!

so sorry, wednesday evening is a late work night for me. 

and I don't know how I missed the posted songs yesterday when I was online. I could have submitted if I had actually read the thread properly and seen them  Dodgy 

Also, seen as I don't want to take personal responsibility for my fuck up's when I'm sulking, I'm also gonna blame it on the fact that I don't get notifications here for new posts, or when I'm tagged. tut tut

(01-09-2021, 11:15 PM)Spears Wrote: Also, seen as I don't want to take personal responsibility for my fuck up's when I'm sulking, I'm also gonna blame it on the fact that I don't get notifications here for new posts, or when I'm tagged. tut tut

You may want to have a look at your alert settings in your User CP, by default I think you should be getting them, so you may have unticked some boxes at some point... I get notifications if I'm tagged, and I know you can for new posts too (I have that one turned off myself).

Plenty of time for you to catch up again though...

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - Spears - 01-09-2021

(01-09-2021, 11:26 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: You may want to have a look at your alert settings in your User CP, by default I think you should be getting them, so you may have unticked some boxes at some point... I get notifications if I'm tagged, and I know you can for new posts too (I have that one turned off myself).

Plenty of time for you to catch up again though...

thanks, I'll have a look through my CP now..

I've also submitted entry for tomo so I'm back in thr game  Cool

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - cee_jay - 02-09-2021

(01-09-2021, 11:09 PM)E.N. Wrote: I know all of today's tracks. Got a good idea of what will sheep but it won't be what I'm voting for Tongue
I only know one of today's tracks and it grates on me! It definitely won't be what I am voting for!

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - cee_jay - 02-09-2021

Oh as I listen, I do know more!

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - RSOAPS - 02-09-2021

Friendly midday-ish reminder for @ari101 @ShaneU @Neowise and @Kol not to forget to get an entry in by 8pm.

Round 4 became a battle between only 3 songs as Queens of the Stone Age - First It Giveth and Staind - Fade failed to make enough of impression by comparison.

So the question now is were you polling for Prefab Sprout, rallying for Radiohead, or backing team Travis?

Time to find out...

Team Travis was the place to be on this one as Sing SHEEPS significantly...

Question 4: Round 4

Travis - Sing - 8
jp liz v1
Kol
Necro
Neowise
nothing
Sawduck
ShaneU
Spears

Prefab Sprout - The King of Rock 'N' Roll - 4
ari101
cee_jay
Irish Aris
Wichita Lineman

ACES - 1:

Radiohead - Jigsaw Falling Into Place - E.N.