A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
I'm happy because... - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: I'm happy because... (/showthread.php?tid=102)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: I'm happy because... - Trigger - 08-09-2021

(08-09-2021, 07:44 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: I'm happy because I have a new nephew who was born in the wee hours of the morning. My baby brothers first kid. Can't wait to meet him.

I knew there was really a human under that mask!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

RE: I'm happy because... - Trigger - 08-09-2021

(31-08-2021, 06:32 PM)Trigger Wrote: I'm happy today because I got the most amazing news!

That's is all Big Grin

With all the house talk, I'll bring this back up.. the reason for this post is we got offered a house on the affordable homes scheme in Lusk. We signed our acceptance letter the other day and just waiting on the developers to get in touch to pay the deposit.

New build house that will be ready in August next year. We have got our address and house number and plans and we couldn't be happier with the one offered to us.

So even through all these covid tests, we are still beaming from ear to ear Big Grin

RE: I'm happy because... - nothing - 08-09-2021

Fantastic news all round!

RE: I'm happy because... - Mam of 4 - 08-09-2021

Aw great news Trigger , congratulations!

RE: I'm happy because... - cee_jay - 08-09-2021

(08-09-2021, 07:44 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: I'm happy because I have a new nephew who was born in the wee hours of the morning. My baby brothers first kid. Can't wait to meet him.

Congratulations! My fourth nice or nephew is due next month. I'm happy as this evening I popped out to M&S for Percy Pig sweets for my niece and nephew as I'm going to visit them this weekend. Haven't seen them in over a month - my niece started school last week so will be full of stories.

RE: I'm happy because... - cee_jay - 08-09-2021

(08-09-2021, 08:12 PM)Trigger Wrote:
(31-08-2021, 06:32 PM)Trigger Wrote: I'm happy today because I got the most amazing news!

That's is all Big Grin

With all the house talk, I'll bring this back up.. the reason for this post is we got offered a house on the affordable homes scheme in Lusk. We signed our acceptance letter the other day and just waiting on the developers to get in touch to pay the deposit.

New build house that will be ready in August next year. We have got our address and house number and plans and we couldn't be happier with the one offered to us.

So even through all these covid tests, we are still beaming from ear to ear Big Grin

Wow congrats! This is great news!

RE: I'm happy because... - Leg End Reject - 08-09-2021

Congratulations to Nitters, Trigger and Soapy, bottles of Champagne all round!

I'm happy seeing so much positivity.

Oh, and not one, but two housewarmings to look forward to. Big Grin

RE: I'm happy because... - E.N. - 08-09-2021

Nice one Trig, great news Smile

And congrats to Soapy Jr Jr Big Grin

RE: I'm happy because... - Purple Mountain - 09-09-2021

@Trigger that's really great news,my friend. We shall put Lusk on our "On Tour" itinerary!

RE: I'm happy because... - thomil - 09-09-2021

Happy on a much smaller scale. I'm feeling better, my COVID Test was negative, and I finally got a desk lamp that really completes my workspace.

Oh, and the prospect for housewarming parties mentioned in this thread Big Grin

RE: I'm happy because... - Leg End Reject - 09-09-2021

(09-09-2021, 08:00 PM)thomil Wrote: Happy on a much smaller scale. I'm feeling better, my COVID Test was negative, and I finally got a desk lamp that really completes my workspace.

We're still waiting on your balcony party ...

I'm happy because the weekend is nearly here.

RE: I'm happy because... - thomil - 09-09-2021

(09-09-2021, 09:17 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(09-09-2021, 08:00 PM)thomil Wrote: Happy on a much smaller scale. I'm feeling better, my COVID Test was negative, and I finally got a desk lamp that really completes my workspace.

We're still waiting on your balcony party ...

I've got the drinks chilled but none of you ever showed up...  Sad

RE: I'm happy because... - nothing - 09-09-2021

I'm happy because it's almost bed time!

RE: I'm happy because... - Leg End Reject - 09-09-2021

(09-09-2021, 09:19 PM)thomil Wrote:
(09-09-2021, 09:17 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: We're still waiting on your balcony party ...

I've got the drinks chilled but none of you ever showed up...  Sad
If you chill drinks we will come!

RE: I'm happy because... - Necro - 09-09-2021

Happy because after a couple of years of being the dame there's a great chance I might get another role in the panto this year.

I was worried I'd be typecast into the role if I took it for another year pac

RE: I'm happy because... - E.N. - 10-09-2021

(08-09-2021, 04:35 PM)E.N. Wrote: I almost daren't say it as I fear something else coming up, but we've cleared the final hurdle for selling our house in Dublin, signing contracts on Friday!

It's been 9 painful months, so many things have come out of the woodwork, but it looks like we're finally, finally there Smile

(Now just need the builders to finish the house we're buying, looks like that might be Christmas though Sad)

And signed pac

Next week there'll be a lot of money in our account! We need it for the next deposit though, better not spend it Tongue

(09-09-2021, 10:27 PM)Necro Wrote: Happy because after a couple of years of being the dame there's a great chance I might get another role in the panto this year...
...oh no you won't!

(someone had to say it!)

RE: I'm happy because... - Neowise - 10-09-2021

(10-09-2021, 04:17 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(08-09-2021, 04:35 PM)E.N. Wrote: I almost daren't say it as I fear something else coming up, but we've cleared the final hurdle for selling our house in Dublin, signing contracts on Friday!

It's been 9 painful months, so many things have come out of the woodwork, but it looks like we're finally, finally there Smile

(Now just need the builders to finish the house we're buying, looks like that might be Christmas though Sad)

And signed pac

Next week there'll be a lot of money in our account! We need it for the next deposit though, better not spend it Tongue

Stick €10k on arsenal, they good for it!

(10-09-2021, 09:41 PM)Neowise Wrote: Stick €10k on arsenal, they good for it!
Ha ha, I won't even back them in the Last Man Standing, I'm certainly not backing them with my money Tongue

RE: I'm happy because... - DejaBoo - 24-09-2021

Made Spag Bol, a fave. I could eat the whole pot. Happy out, like Chef G would say. pac

RE: I'm happy because... - cee_jay - 24-09-2021

We got the final design for our kitchen today! It's becoming a reality. Picked out the finishes etc, and probably looking at a fitting date in the first 2 weeks of November.

RE: I'm happy because... - Leg End Reject - 24-09-2021

(24-09-2021, 09:50 PM)cee_jay Wrote: We got the final design for our kitchen today! It's becoming a reality. Picked out the finishes etc, and probably looking at a fitting date in the first 2 weeks of November.
What did you go for? I'd love a new kitchen.

I'm happy because it's Friday and I'm having my first drink. Sláinte!

RE: I'm happy because... - Stu Redman - 24-09-2021

About an hour before finishing work today, my boss landed down with 2 humongous T-Bones that he bought from the local butcher for me.

I'm delighted, as for the first half of the pandemic I worked in the sphincter of County Louth, a real exploitative shithole where you're only a number. Now I'm in a place where my boss goes out of his way to bring me steaks on a Friday just for doing my job. 

Oh and my real actual career resumed in the last few weeks too, so I'm getting there with the whole happiness thing.

RE: I'm happy because... - Stu Redman - 24-09-2021

(24-09-2021, 09:50 PM)cee_jay Wrote: We got the final design for our kitchen today! It's becoming a reality. Picked out the finishes etc, and probably looking at a fitting date in the first 2 weeks of November.

Any Turkish travertine in there? Or was that purely a Celtic Tiger phenomenon?

I've never heard of Turkish travertine.i need to Google this! 

We are going from a tiny L shaped corner kitchen to a U shape, I can't wait for a proper oven and hob, and a dishwasher. Extra worktop space for food prep. Oh and a big fridge freezer! 

It's a bit out there, and maybe a bit too on trend, but getting navy cabinets.

Edit: after google, I can confirm no Turkish travertine. Tiles will be wood effect grey to match the adjoining sitting room.

RE: I'm happy because... - E.N. - 24-09-2021

(24-09-2021, 10:50 PM)cee_jay Wrote: It's a bit out there, and maybe a bit too on trend, but getting navy cabinets
The kitchen is going into our new house. We also went for some navy, just for the island...

(looks black in that light, but it is navy!)

Oh that's lovely @E.N., loads of space! 

This is our design
[Image: kitchen-view-1-1.jpg]

[Image: kitchen-view-2-1.jpg]

RE: I'm happy because... - E.N. - 24-09-2021

(24-09-2021, 11:17 PM)cee_jay Wrote: Oh that's lovely @E.N., loads of space! 

This is our design...

Yeah, cannot wait to get in there!

Yours looks really good there, very classy

RE: I'm happy because... - ari101 - 25-09-2021

There is home decor conversation and kitchen plans and photos - this makes me happy; I watch all the things i.e. Home in the Country, Location Location, Property Brothers, HomeTown, etc. Smile (unless they have way too much drama Dodgy)

RE: I'm happy because... - Trigger - 25-09-2021

(24-09-2021, 11:17 PM)cee_jay Wrote: Oh that's lovely @E.N., loads of space! 

This is our design
[Image: kitchen-view-1-1.jpg]

[Image: kitchen-view-2-1.jpg]
That is super, we are getting further plans and drawings from the developers in a couple of weeks, with options for kitchen style, then bathroom tiling and other flooring.  Really excited to get it as it will be another step

RE: I'm happy because... - cee_jay - 25-09-2021

Oh that will start making it all real for you @Trigger
Exciting times!

RE: I'm happy because... - E.N. - 28-09-2021

I got tickets for the Rugby World Cup Big Grin

RE: I'm happy because... - cee_jay - 28-09-2021

I'm very jealous! What game are you going to?

RE: I'm happy because... - E.N. - 28-09-2021

(28-09-2021, 07:05 PM)cee_jay Wrote: I'm very jealous! What game are you going to?

The Scotland game in Paris. Last group game so should be big Smile

RE: I'm happy because... - DejaBoo - 02-10-2021

Pineapple and chilled grapes go together quite nicely, happy for the food love.

RE: I'm happy because... - fixxxer - 02-10-2021

(02-10-2021, 01:20 AM)DejaBoo Wrote: Pineapple and chilled grapes go together quite nicely, happy for the food love.
The only thing pineapple goes with is a collision course with the sun.

#sorrynotsorry

RE: I'm happy because... - Zaph - 02-10-2021

Pineapple is my absolute favourite fruit. I know a lot of people don't like it, and I really can't understand the lack of love for it.

RE: I'm happy because... - Trigger - 02-10-2021

(02-10-2021, 07:48 PM)Zaph Wrote: Pineapple is my absolute favourite fruit.  I know a lot of people don't like it, and I really can't understand the lack of love for it.
I think the reason is that it tastes rank

pac

RE: I'm happy because... - fixxxer - 02-10-2021

Eating a pineapple is a fight to the death

RE: I'm happy because... - Necro - 03-10-2021

I also love pineapple. I'd often have a pineapple and cheese board and it's just lovely Smile