A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
I'm happy because... - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: I'm happy because... (/showthread.php?tid=102)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

I'm happy because... - BuileBeag - 21-08-2021

... my very close friend, who I haven't seen in person in over a year, is coming to visit today! She's staying tonight and we're gonna have nice food and plenty of drinks! I'm bursting with excitement to see her!

Why are you happy today?

RE: I'm happy because... - Trigger - 21-08-2021

Because no matter how low I'm feeling the little fella always seems to have a knack for putting a laugh or smile on my face. So I'm eternally happy that he is in my life

Oh and I'm also happy that I'm going to be eating loads of cake today! pac

RE: I'm happy because... - nothing - 21-08-2021

Today I'm happy that the shopping is put away and I can just chill for the rest of the day

RE: I'm happy because... - BuileBeag - 21-08-2021

(21-08-2021, 12:21 PM)Trigger Wrote: Oh and I'm also happy that I'm going to be eating loads of cake today! pac

Your other post is so sweet I'm gonna forgive you for this obvious dig at me!! Wink

RE: I'm happy because... - Zaph - 21-08-2021

No particular reason, I'm just a generally happy person.  It takes a lot to make me unhappy.  That said, there is also cake on the cards today, so that's always good. Smile

(21-08-2021, 12:28 PM)BuileBeag Wrote:
(21-08-2021, 12:21 PM)Trigger Wrote: Oh and I'm also happy that I'm going to be eating loads of cake today! pac

You're other post is so sweet I'm gonna forgive you for this obvious dig at me!! Wink

[Image: 2c83d08355bfbfcb634fc3378d1c42c5_w200.gif]

RE: I'm happy because... - BuileBeag - 21-08-2021

Because I'm not rising to Triggers bait. Tongue

RE: I'm happy because... - Mam of 4 - 21-08-2021

That I got the flowers put on the grave , and got a few bits done before the torrential rain arrived !
(Really though , every day that I know the (grown)kids and their families are ok are happy days) ☺

RE: I'm happy because... - RSOAPS - 21-08-2021

A weird one, but having had a bit of an epiphany in the early hours of the morning and staying up until 7am re-writing and updating my CV, tension that had been crippling me for months has lifted after a 6 hour uninterrupted sleep (can't remember the last time I slept so well), and for the first time since March 2019 when the arse fell out of the world, I'm actually starting to feel hopeful about the future again.

[Image: to-new-beginnings-linda-cardellini.gif]

RE: I'm happy because... - Necro - 21-08-2021

(21-08-2021, 12:41 PM)Zaph Wrote: No particular reason, I'm just a generally happy person.  It takes a lot to make me unhappy.  That said, there is also cake on the cards today, so that's always good. Smile

Yeah, ditto. Generally a jovial chap myself. Particularly now my normal weekend schedule has resumed. 

Pints, football, banter with mates/family. 

Also happy because I've had so much extra time since WFH began to spend with the family

RE: I'm happy because... - Lord TSC - 21-08-2021

I'm happy today cause a month long issue with the German Tax Office was sorted in my favour (after someone made a mistake and told me I owed them E1600, lol). Which has meant I can get back properly to work on the business I run. Which is gearing up for Xmas which is always a super fun time (I sell toys).

I'm happy today cause I adore thunder and lightning, cause it reminds me of Orlando, which is my favorite place in the world and I've not been for 2 years (and won't get for another one). Standing and watching heavy rain just brings me back to loads of happy memories.

RE: I'm happy because... - HeyV - 21-08-2021

I’m happy this evening because I think I’ve gained a new best friend. Not purely based on today obviously but just lately, over the last few months, and today especially I know they have my back.

RE: I'm happy because... - BuileBeag - 24-08-2021

Not working today and heading off for a big long walk shortly. Smile

RE: I'm happy because... - TheValeyard - 24-08-2021

What's this about cake?

RE: I'm happy because... - Trigger - 24-08-2021

Because the kid has gone back to school since yesterday and the mornings are mine again!

RE: I'm happy because... - Necro - 24-08-2021

Just finished my Etray exam and I *think* it went really well.

Though less happy about the thoughts of another competency based interview... I hate them! *gulps*

RE: I'm happy because... - nothing - 24-08-2021

Unexpectedly ran into a friend and got to hang out for a few hours, even did a bit of crochet!

RE: I'm happy because... - E.N. - 24-08-2021

(24-08-2021, 03:59 PM)Necro Wrote: Just finished my Etray exam and I *think* it went really well.

Though less happy about the thoughts of another competency based interview... I hate them! *gulps*

Good work!

Ah, I hate competency based interviews too. They're well proven to be pretty useless too, they don't highlight the skills needed for most jobs, they just highlight who prepares and tells good stories

RE: I'm happy because... - Spears - 24-08-2021

I'm Happy Because I had a hotdog* today for the first time in years. 

Have never been overly fond of them but it was fuggin delicious. Therefore, I HAD to make a second.
with fried onions, lambs lettuce and french's mustard.

*not those disgusting frankfurter, mutent things. It was a jumbo sausage hotdog.

Mmmm, jumbo sausages Tongue

RE: I'm happy because... - Mam of 4 - 24-08-2021

I'm happy that there are other people who don't like "hotdogs" either and who make their own with big fat , juicy tasty sausages pac

RE: I'm happy because... - cee_jay - 24-08-2021

I'm happy because our lecturer gave the whole class an extension until 1st October for our assignment that was due this Sunday (I've barely started it). My parents are coming home from Spain this evening so I can go visit them this weekend now!

Also, a man came to measure our kitchen for the new one, so hopefully we can sign off on the final spec and get a date for the new one to be fitted!

RE: I'm happy because... - Trigger - 24-08-2021

(24-08-2021, 05:44 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(24-08-2021, 03:59 PM)Necro Wrote: Just finished my Etray exam and I *think* it went really well.

Good work!

Ah, I hate competency based interviews too. They're well proven to be pretty useless too, they don't highlight the skills needed for most jobs, they just highlight who prepares and tells good stories
Way to shite on the whole Civil Service in one post....

pac pac

RE: I'm happy because... - E.N. - 24-08-2021

(24-08-2021, 10:34 PM)Trigger Wrote:
(24-08-2021, 05:44 PM)E.N. Wrote: Good work!

Way to shite on the whole Civil Service in one post....

pac pac

Ha ha, I'm private sector and loads use them there too!

RE: I'm happy because... - Trigger - 25-08-2021

I'm happy because after 5 and a half weeks waiting I have finally got the results of my internal HEO final interview and I passed waheyyyy.. "excellent candidate who performed strongly"

In your face Nitwit!

pac

RE: I'm happy because... - nothing - 25-08-2021

I'm happy today because my credit union loan is cleared and I finally have a counselling appointment!

RE: I'm happy because... - BuileBeag - 25-08-2021

(25-08-2021, 02:44 PM)nothing Wrote: I'm happy today because my credit union loan is cleared and I finally have a counselling appointment!

That's brilliant on both counts nothing!

RE: I'm happy because... - E.N. - 25-08-2021

(25-08-2021, 02:22 PM)Trigger Wrote: I'm happy because after 5 and a half weeks waiting I have finally got the results of my internal HEO final interview and I passed waheyyyy.. "excellent candidate who performed strongly"

In your face Nitwit!

pac

Just goes to show flawed the process is Tongue

(...and, you know, congrats mate!)

RE: I'm happy because... - cee_jay - 25-08-2021

(25-08-2021, 02:22 PM)Trigger Wrote: I'm happy because after 5 and a half weeks waiting I have finally got the results of my internal HEO final interview and I passed waheyyyy.. "excellent candidate who performed strongly"

In your face Nitwit!

pac

Congratulations!!

RE: I'm happy because... - ari101 - 25-08-2021

I'm happy today because I final got some crap somewhat mostly sorted, and my takeaway came back from hols, and now I'm too full and regretting the garlic sauce in this weather pac (which still makes me happy)

RE: I'm happy because... - RSOAPS - 25-08-2021

(25-08-2021, 10:30 PM)ari101 Wrote: I'm happy today because I final got some crap somewhat mostly sorted, and my takeaway came back from hols, and now I'm too full and regretting the garlic sauce in this weather pac (which still makes me happy)

My local Takeaway just opened up after their holidays as well... Weird.

RE: I'm happy because... - ari101 - 26-08-2021

(25-08-2021, 11:30 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(25-08-2021, 10:30 PM)ari101 Wrote: I'm happy today because I final got some crap somewhat mostly sorted, and my takeaway came back from hols, and now I'm too full and regretting the garlic sauce in this weather pac (which still makes me happy)

My local Takeaway just opened up after their holidays as well... Weird.

Tis to do with seasonal sales (people eat less takeaway when it is sunny and they can't be closed when there is money to be made from secondary school kids pac ) and a lot of them are Italians so observe traditional holiday period and go home for a while in August, timed nicely with reopening of travel. Big Grin

And today my car insurance renewal came in lower than expected and my medical team told me to stop my pills until they can help me with the side effects Smile I have now done the lotto for Saturday in the hopes the good stuff continues! Big Grin pac

RE: I'm happy because... - ShaneU - 26-08-2021

I'm happy because that game of werewolf is finally over Big Grin

(26-08-2021, 11:10 PM)ShaneU Wrote: I'm happy because that game of werewolf is finally over Big Grin

I intentionally did not ask for a link this week to follow along as I had too much else I needed to focus on. I hope some fun was had before the eventual end pac

RE: I'm happy because... - Neowise - 27-08-2021

(26-08-2021, 06:56 PM)ari101 Wrote: And today my car insurance renewal came in lower than expected and my medical team told me to stop my pills until they can help me with the side effects Smile I have now done the lotto for Saturday in the hopes the good stuff continues! Big Grin pac

good luck.

RE: I'm happy because... - Spears - 27-08-2021

I'm happy becuae I'm going to spend the whole day in bed tomorrow!! (I'm not doing a thing for anyone)

I've been so busy lately and I feel like passing out with tiredness at the minute  Cry

So I am literally only getting out of the bed for toilet duties or to make coffee and munch  Tongue

RE: I'm happy because... - Barna77 - 27-08-2021

(27-08-2021, 12:23 PM)Spears Wrote: I'm happy becuae I'm going to spend the whole day in bed tomorrow!! (I'm not doing a thing for anyone)

I've been so busy lately and I feel like passing out with tiredness at the minute  Cry

So I am literally only getting out of the bed for toilet duties or to make coffee and munch  Tongue

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: I'm happy because... - Spears - 27-08-2021

Sooooon  Shy  

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=ecf05e47gy...e.gif&ct=g]

RE: I'm happy because... - Trigger - 27-08-2021

I'm happy because United signed Cristiano fuckin Ronaldo

Big Grin Big Grin