A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Wrestling Chat - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Wrestling Chat (/showthread.php?tid=101)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Wrestling Chat - ShaneU - 20-08-2021

CM PUNK! CM PUNK! CM PUNK!

He's heavily rumoured to be showing up at AEW Rampage tonight. The roof will blow off if he shows up  Big Grin

RE: Wrestling Chat - Necro - 20-08-2021

Tempted to watch it but it means signing up to FiteTV and I've already got too many subscriptions Sad

RE: Wrestling Chat - ShaneU - 20-08-2021

(20-08-2021, 05:03 PM)Necro Wrote: Tempted to watch it but it means signing up to FiteTV and I've already got too many subscriptions Sad

Pretty good for €5 a month for both shows

RE: Wrestling Chat - Lord TSC - 20-08-2021

I honestly can't describe how pumped I am for tonight.

I was a massive Punk mark back in the day, and just adored him. When he left, I thought he'd eventually come back, and had finally accepted he would never return.

Only for AEW to lure him back in. I'm just stupidly hyped for it now.

RE: Wrestling Chat - E.N. - 20-08-2021

Haven't watched wrestling for ages but loved CM Punk, this could tempt me back in!

Is it shown on ITV? Even if not live. I see they have Dynamite, but is that a separate show?

RE: Wrestling Chat - jp liz v1 - 20-08-2021

Yez all should be watching AEW for Christian

RE: Wrestling Chat - ShaneU - 20-08-2021

(20-08-2021, 05:55 PM)E.N. Wrote: Haven't watched wrestling for ages but loved CM Punk, this could tempt me back in!

Is it shown on ITV? Even if not live. I see they have Dynamite, but is that a separate show?
Dynamite is a different show. Rampage is new, tonight is only the second episode, it's not on ITV. Only way to watch legally is by subscribing to AEW+ on FiteTV. https://www.fite.tv/join/aew-plus/ There's a 7 day free trial

RE: Wrestling Chat - E.N. - 20-08-2021

(20-08-2021, 09:28 PM)ShaneU Wrote: Dynamite is a different show. Rampage is new, tonight is only the second episode, it's not on ITV. Only way to watch legally is by subscribing to AEW+ on FiteTV. https://www.fite.tv/join/aew-plus/ There's a 7 day free trial

Cool, might check it out tomorrow

John Cena knew it was coming...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=112]

Oops, over shrunk that Tongue

RE: Wrestling Chat - ShaneU - 21-08-2021

Unreal noise

RE: Wrestling Chat - Necro - 21-08-2021

Didn't watch it live but yeah that's some pop. Some buzz about pro wrestling today online, it's probably THE biggest modern day return you'll ever see tbh.

RE: Wrestling Chat - Kol - 21-08-2021

Haven't watched AEW before or any Wrestling in the last few years. Might be time to start watching again.

RE: Wrestling Chat - Necro - 21-08-2021

(21-08-2021, 07:17 AM)Kol Wrote: Haven't watched AEW before or any Wrestling in the last few years. Might be time to start watching again.

They do seem to be genuinely gearing towards what fans actually want, even if there are some... *cough Young Bucks cough* ... elements I can't fucking stand.

I only watch Smackdown right now tbh WWE wise.

RE: Wrestling Chat - E.N. - 21-08-2021

His promo is on youtube now (officially), for anyone who wants to catch it without paying Tongue

He is great on the mic, hope he can still wrestle as well!

RE: Wrestling Chat - jp liz v1 - 21-08-2021

How can WWE top this for Summerslam, Rock or Becky returns?

Becky and Beth to get involved in their men's match, Rock to confront Reigns?

RE: Wrestling Chat - ShaneU - 21-08-2021

(21-08-2021, 09:40 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: How can WWE top this for Summerslam, Rock or Becky returns?

They can't top it. But Rock return would be good

RE: Wrestling Chat - ShaneU - 22-08-2021

NO CHANCE I'd pay that  Dodgy

RE: Wrestling Chat - jp liz v1 - 22-08-2021

(21-08-2021, 10:31 PM)ShaneU Wrote:
(21-08-2021, 09:40 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: How can WWE top this for Summerslam, Rock or Becky returns?

They can't top it. But Rock return would be good

Brock and Becky returned and poor Bianca and Nikki shafted 

Amazing how over Riddle is

RE: Wrestling Chat - ShaneU - 22-08-2021

(22-08-2021, 07:38 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote:
(21-08-2021, 10:31 PM)ShaneU Wrote: They can't top it. But Rock return would be good

Brock and Becky returned and poor Bianca and Nikki shafted 

Amazing how over Riddle is
Becky return was absolute shite. Bianca didn't deserve that

RE: Wrestling Chat - ShaneU - 26-08-2021

That episode of dynamite was rubbish. All the new eyes watching because of CM Punk and their main event is a 3 minute squash job?

RE: Wrestling Chat - Necro - 27-08-2021

(26-08-2021, 11:17 PM)ShaneU Wrote: That episode of dynamite was rubbish. All the new eyes watching because of CM Punk and their main event is a 3 minute squash job?

I find it a problem with AEW that for all the talent they've signed, the booking of Dynamite is a bit bizarre at times. It's why I haven't committed for Fite TV as I don't find it that enthralling. Also the feuds drag on far too long, I don't want to see MJF and Jericho for 656th time pac

For all the WWEs faults Smackdown is a consistently solid show especially with Reigns as the top guy.

Raw on the other hand is a festering dung heap of awfulness.

RE: Wrestling Chat - jp liz v1 - 27-08-2021

(26-08-2021, 11:17 PM)ShaneU Wrote: That episode of dynamite was rubbish. All the new eyes watching because of CM Punk and their main event is a 3 minute squash job?

Could they give anymore hints Daniel Bryan is coming

RE: Wrestling Chat - Necro - 28-08-2021

CM who? Tongue

RE: Wrestling Chat - jp liz v1 - 02-09-2021

Young Rock will receive its UK premiere on Sky Comedy on Friday September 17th at 8pm with a double-bill

RE: Wrestling Chat - jp liz v1 - 06-09-2021

Well AEW certainly on fire

RE: Wrestling Chat - ShaneU - 06-09-2021

Amazing AEW show last night, one of the best PPVs ever

JR commentary for the debutees was awesome too

RE: Wrestling Chat - ShaneU - 06-09-2021

(06-09-2021, 04:52 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: JR commentary for the debutees was awesome too

He's past it, he needs to go. Called Paul Wight the Big Show again

(06-09-2021, 05:05 PM)ShaneU Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 04:52 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: JR commentary for the debutees was awesome too

He's past it, he needs to go. Called Paul Wight the Big Show again

I'll forgive him for that 

[Image: 1297899562563_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=90&si...&type=webp]

RE: Wrestling Chat - Necro - 08-09-2021

https://www.wwe.com/article/paul-triple-h-levesque-health-update

Triple H had heart surgery last week.

RE: Wrestling Chat - ShaneU - 09-09-2021

(08-09-2021, 09:51 PM)Necro Wrote: https://www.wwe.com/article/paul-triple-h-levesque-health-update

Triple H had heart surgery last week.

Glad to hear he is ok, can happen to the fittest of people!

AEW Dynamite time now. Let's see what happens with the new arrivals. A few new feuds starting tonight I reckon

RE: Wrestling Chat - jp liz v1 - 09-09-2021

Apparently WWE wanted Adam Cole on SmackDown as a manager

RE: Wrestling Chat - Bounty hunter - 13-09-2021

Thinking of stepping down as mod on boards PW.

Barely post there anymore and haven't watched a full WWE show since... I honestly don't know (because I put the word full there it would be a few years). Great community but maybe it is me and my age, station in life, I'm just not finding the time for it anymore.

As a 1 off I did watch ALL Out and I have to admit it was really good but I don't know if I will be drawn back into being a regular viewer. If I was to be though it would probably be there even though SD seems to be decent with the likes of Roman, Becky, Brock & Big E. I mean out of nowhere they have Minouru Sazuki vs MOX on dynamite and WWE just keep giving them the guys that they should have made stars (Black, Andrade, Adam Cole) or ones that actually connected with the audience (Punk, Bryan, maybe Wyatt and Owens)

RE: Wrestling Chat - jp liz v1 - 13-09-2021

(13-09-2021, 03:37 PM)Bounty hunter Wrote: Thinking of stepping down as mod on boards PW.

Barely post there anymore and haven't watched a full WWE show since... I honestly don't know (because I put the word full there it would be a few years). Great community but maybe it is me and my age, station in life, I'm just not finding the time for it anymore.

As a 1 off I did watch ALL Out and I have to admit it was really good but I don't know if I will be drawn back into being a regular viewer. If I was to be though it would probably be there even though SD seems to be decent with the likes of Roman, Becky, Brock & Big E. I mean out of nowhere they have Minouru Sazuki vs MOX on dynamite and WWE just keep giving them the guys that they should have made stars (Black, Andrade, Adam Cole) or ones that actually connected with the audience (Punk, Bryan, maybe Wyatt and Owens)

That's a shame you did a great job but the new site layout is hard trying to follow and WWE product is not great besides Smackdown, AEW clearly out shining it

RE: Wrestling Chat - Bounty hunter - 14-09-2021

Trying to think when I started modding that place, think it was back in 08/09 !

Won't spoiler it but there was a big something on Raw so I watched 3mins of the show via youtube and that was all. Very happy for the lad

RE: Wrestling Chat - Necro - 14-09-2021

I've stepped back from modding Boards myself, RL combined with not liking the new layout makes it kinda difficult to want to do anything. Bounty you've been a mod there for longer than I've been posting and if it doesn't suit you've certainly more than done your time there.

I wonder what the future will hold for the PW Draft. I'm not sure if I'm going to be in a position to run it this year unfortunately :/

RE: Wrestling Chat - Bounty hunter - 14-09-2021

With regards the draft I don't know if I will ever be as involved as I used to be but unless I am completely snowed under at the time it is posted I will probably be easily convinced to take part but might go for a more personalized roster and not worry too much about what I produce.

I'd say if there is interest from people participating again you would probably find someone to run it but given how people have reacted to the New boards who knows.

And yeah I am saying that despite being a boards OG, been posting there more than 20 years now! Jaysus.

RE: Wrestling Chat - E.N. - 25-09-2021

This sounds terrible. But you're damn right I'll be watching/playing!

RE: Wrestling Chat - Sephiroth_Dude - 25-09-2021

Anyone remember this brawl ?

My favorite Damn Sketch 

RE: Wrestling Chat - jp liz v1 - 27-09-2021

Big E as WWE champ and no title match at a ppv, what a way to show faith in their new champ

So who will eventually dethrone Reigns, take his title

RE: Wrestling Chat - jp liz v1 - 03-11-2021

Starz renews Heels