A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - aaronjennings - 20-03-2022

(20-03-2022, 08:22 PM)nothing Wrote: Ah feck. Time for a DW marathon!

I have been watching a good bit of Patrick Troughton lately Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 21-03-2022

(20-03-2022, 08:20 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: Two years I managed to dodge Covid, unfortunately couldn't avoid it forever

Just feels like the flu at the moment, knock-on-wood it stays that way

Take Care @aaronjennings

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - lorcand1990 - 21-03-2022

(19-03-2022, 08:56 PM)nothing Wrote:
(19-03-2022, 08:47 PM)E.N. Wrote: Nice. But also, bit scary!

I had similar off moonpig last week - ordered a few cards and they didn't arrive. They just reprinted them and gave me an extra tenner credit, fair play

It didn't stop me eating the rest of them hah! Though if I'd accidentally swallowed it, I probably would have choked. Thankfully I bit straight into it. Shop manager was horrified as they make them in the shop. She kept asking what could they do, which I wasn't expecting, and didn't know what to say except that it was ok lol
I think they were probably shitting themselves because some people would try to milk that situation for all its worth, fair play to you for being sound about it  Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 21-03-2022

Apparently Meta has been labelled an extremist organisation by the Russian kangaroo courts 😂😂

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 21-03-2022

(21-03-2022, 04:02 PM)Necro Wrote: Apparently Meta has been labelled an extremist organisation by the Russian kangaroo courts 😂😂
They'd know! Didn't they (cough, allegedly, cough) use facebook heavily to influence the US elections and Brexit vote?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 23-03-2022

Had a rotten day, though it did have a few nice moments. Exhausted. Head melted. Grumpy.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 23-03-2022

(21-03-2022, 04:02 PM)Necro Wrote: Apparently Meta has been labelled an extremist organisation by the Russian kangaroo courts 😂😂

Guess they got around to watching Lex Friedman interviewing MZ....

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 24-03-2022

The weather is glorious here today

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 24-03-2022

Same down this way, last couple days have been just lovely. I need to tidy up and get my mini printing press all set up, but my sofa is so comfy

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 24-03-2022

I worse a dress, didn't bring a coat and had salad for lunch, combined these are sure signs of summery weather 🤣

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 24-03-2022

(24-03-2022, 03:45 PM)nothing Wrote: Same down this way, last couple days have been just lovely. I need to tidy up and get my mini printing press all set up, but my sofa is so comfy

I first read mini printing dress  Blush

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 24-03-2022

Heya Smile How are y'all keeping?

Homeside here after an absolute cracker of a day. Just glad that the roof terrace at work was inaccessible, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten anything done today pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 24-03-2022

Chilling here, have an easy few days ahead

(24-03-2022, 11:26 PM)nothing Wrote: Chilling here, have an easy few days ahead

Enjoy

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 27-03-2022

Happy Mother's Day

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 27-03-2022

Deskside watching police academy 2, I love these films, this scene just came on and has me in stitches, I love slapstick comedy!

I also love this scene

Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 27-03-2022

Tackleberry reminds me of Jim O'Callaghan TD (FF), genuinely  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 28-03-2022

Well this happened at the Oscars..

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 28-03-2022

Will seem to laugh at the joke first, then saw Jada's face and reacted, I thought first it was a scripted gag but no it was real, Will still won the Oscar if he will be left keep now

I'm happy Coda won best film

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 28-03-2022

(28-03-2022, 10:42 AM)Necro Wrote: Well this happened at the Oscars..
Jada Pinkett-Smith has alopecia and Chris Rock makes a joke about her playing GI Jane? That's pretty shitty

If that joke was made in a group in a pub, and Will Smith gave him a slap, I reckon most people would be would think it was fair enough. It's amplified by the event, and he probably went too far, but I don't really blame Will Smith here

And regarding him laughing at the joke. They said the same about Venus Williams when Jane Campion made her "you don't have to beat men" joke. I think that's a bad take, these guys have to sit there with a smile on their face, laughing away for appearance's sake. Sometimes it takes a moment for stuff to sink in

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 28-03-2022

I initially thought that Will Smith had completely overreacted, until I read that Jada Pinkett Smith had alopecia. I'm not a fan of Chris Rock anyway, but what sort of dick makes fun of someone like that, and especially so publicly? He definitely deserved a slap, and probably more tbh.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 28-03-2022

I heard they have previous beef from Rock making fun of Jada previously too. There's a suggestion that Will was still laughing at the previous joke while the camera was on him. Can't say I condone violence as a solution to anything, but I also think Rock got what he deserved and he's lucky it wasn't worse

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 28-03-2022

(28-03-2022, 12:25 PM)nothing Wrote: I heard they have previous beef from Rock making fun of Jada previously too. There's a suggestion that Will was still laughing at the previous joke while the camera was on him. Can't say I condone violence as a solution to anything, but I also think Rock got what he deserved and he's lucky it wasn't worse

I heard that too and with Rock it's not even that surprising.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 28-03-2022

It's overshadowed the ceremony and other winners

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 28-03-2022

(28-03-2022, 12:40 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: It's overshadowed the ceremony and other winners
It has, and that's a real shame.
I haven't seen any of the winners this year. We used to go see all the nominations if we could, but young kids put paid to that. Should be easier now that most are streaming, but I still never seem to find the time

I wish I could rock a bald head like Jada who looks amazing as there are times I feel like doing a Britney and shaving it all off

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - lorcand1990 - 28-03-2022

IMO there is wrong on both sides of this. The 'joke' was lazy, in incredibly bad taste and rock needed to be called out on it. However smith shouldn't be going around hitting people as it sets a bad example to his fans on such a huge stage. I can also understand why he did it though

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 28-03-2022

(28-03-2022, 01:34 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(28-03-2022, 12:40 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: It's overshadowed the ceremony and other winners
It has, and that's a real shame.
I haven't seen any of the winners this year. We used to go see all the nominations if we could, but young kids put paid to that. Should be easier now that most are streaming, but I still never seem to find the time

I'll get round to watching The Power of the Dog sometime when I'm in the right frame of mind for it, and I really want to see Dune.  But tbh I have zero interest in seeing Coda, no matter how good it might be.  It just doesn't sound like my thing at all.  Same goes for Belfast.  The one winner I have seen is Summer of Soul.  Can definitely recommend it to anyone who's a fan of Motown/Stax music.

(28-03-2022, 02:36 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: IMO there is wrong on both sides of this.  The 'joke' was lazy, in incredibly bad taste and rock needed to be called out on it. However smith shouldn't be going around hitting people as it sets a bad example to his fans on such a huge stage. I can also understand why he did it though

Smith would have been better calling Rock out on it during his acceptance speech

I think Rebel Wilson commented on their marriage during her hosting of the Baftas but they were not in attendance, lucky for her

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 28-03-2022

(28-03-2022, 03:21 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote:
(28-03-2022, 02:36 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: IMO there is wrong on both sides of this.  The 'joke' was lazy, in incredibly bad taste and rock needed to be called out on it. However smith shouldn't be going around hitting people as it sets a bad example to his fans on such a huge stage. I can also understand why he did it though

Smith would have been better calling Rock out on it during his acceptance speech

I think Rebel Wilson commented on their marriage during her hosting of the Baftas but they were not in attendance, lucky for her

Tbf he didn't know he would be giving an acceptance speech

(28-03-2022, 03:21 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote:

I suppose there was no guarantee he'd have an acceptance speech to make.  I think they've been pretty open about their marriage, so they probably expect some slagging over it.  But to make fun of Jada's appearance, which is a direct result of a medical condition, definitely crosses a line.  If she just shaved her head as a fashion statement that would be a different matter.

P Diddy claiming all good and dealt with between Will and Chris now

I think Will was the front runner lock for best actor but yes no 100% guarantee

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 29-03-2022

Even The Ukrainian Army have to post cats pics......they just cant help it

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 29-03-2022

Will has issued an apology

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 29-03-2022

(29-03-2022, 04:23 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Will has issued an apology

Chris Rock has issued one too . 
(I dont like either of them tbh)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 29-03-2022

I watched the Sky Movies live Oscars and I think Will shouting keep my wife's f#cking name out of your mouth twice or thrice to Chris was worse than the slap/punch/smack and was surprised no fellow presenters or the hosts didn't condemn Will on violence as Oscars are usually a platform for political or other agendas

I don't think Will or Chris will be invited back next year

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Tigger - 29-03-2022

(28-03-2022, 11:23 AM)E.N. Wrote:
(28-03-2022, 10:42 AM)Necro Wrote: Well this happened at the Oscars..
Jada Pinkett-Smith has alopecia and Chris Rock makes a joke about her playing GI Jane? That's pretty shitty

If that joke was made in a group in a pub, and Will Smith gave him a slap, I reckon most people would be would think it was fair enough. It's amplified by the event, and he probably went too far, but I don't really blame Will Smith here

And regarding him laughing at the joke. They said the same about Venus Williams when Jane Campion made her "you don't have to beat men" joke. I think that's a bad take, these guys have to sit there with a smile on their face, laughing away for appearance's sake. Sometimes it takes a moment for stuff to sink in
Violence is not the answer, if I was in a pub and my mate got a slap off someone for laughing at his bald head then there is now a fight happening. Baldy is in the wrong for resorting to violence and slaggy is on the wrong for taking the piss out of someones hair loss.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Tigger - 29-03-2022

Because Chris rock is smaller than him? 
If it had been someone bigger WS would have stuck to the shouting.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 29-03-2022

(29-03-2022, 06:52 PM)Tigger Wrote: Violence is not the answer, if I was in a pub and my mate got a slap off someone for laughing at his bald head then there is now a fight happening. Baldy is in the wrong for resorting to violence and slaggy is on the wrong for taking the piss out of someones hair loss
Yeah, I initially fell into the usual trap of seeing it as black and white, right and wrong, when everything in life is grey. Will Smith was definitely out of order for what he did. I think Chris Rock was out of order too, but that doesn't excuse Smith's actions