A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 04-03-2022

(03-03-2022, 10:04 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote: So glad to be free of the mask at last...
Went to the shop without one for the first time at lunch. It felt quite odd Tongue

Delighted we're at this point, I've just got so used to it that it's second nature to grab it as I get to the door of the shop, I had to actively stop myself today.

Still will if I see other people doing so, mind. I appreciate other people might still feel the need and it's no bother to me to wear one for a short while.

Heading out tomorrow night for the first time in a good while. I'm sure it'll be odd, initially, being in a normal pub environment again but I can't wait to be sat at the bar (hopefully!) enjoying a Guinness and looking round a pub full of everyone just being everyone Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 04-03-2022

Enjoy @E.N.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 04-03-2022

(02-03-2022, 10:08 PM)E.N. Wrote: Our old house in Dublin, that we sold last year, is up for rent. €2,600 a month. It's an amazing house, but still crazy money, over 30k a year on rent. Our mortgage was half that

I think the government should cap rents as too many greedy landlords including government ministers themselves

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 04-03-2022

Had an exhausting but productive day. Feeling a bit more normal, but still need to take it easy for a few days I think. Its tough being nice to myself.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 04-03-2022

I'm not by any means a violent person but after the stupidity of those stupid eejits attacking a nuclear power plant last night, I wish I could go over to the kremlin and give that fat head putin a few slap to knock some sense into him, stupid idiot!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 05-03-2022

I'm beyond slapping that guy, Seph. I'd just give him a Makarov-induced cerebral haemorrhage! He's not worth a bullet but the situation is too urgent.

Apart from that, how are y'all doing? Pretty hungover here. Had an office night out yesterday and looking at my Revolut account this morning, I may have gotten a little carried away. Glad that I was off all week, including today.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 05-03-2022

(05-03-2022, 12:14 AM)thomil Wrote: I'm beyond slapping that guy, Seph. I'd just give him a Makarov-induced cerebral haemorrhage! He's not worth a bullet but the situation is too urgent.

Apart from that, how are y'all doing? Pretty hungover here. Had an office night out yesterday and looking at my Revolut account this morning, I may have gotten a little carried away. Glad that I was off all week, including today.

I hope someone takes him out soon, I can't see how this will end without a world war breaking out otherwise. 

I'm looking forward to a relaxed weekend, have some tv to catch up on, some magazines to peruse, an MSPaint to finally finish, some cooking of damn tasty food, and not think about course work until Sunday evening when I decide if I'm up for classes next week or not. How are you doing @thomil aside from the hangover?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 05-03-2022

To be honest, nothing, I've had better times. The whole bloody Ukraine war has tipped my mind into a bit of a doomsday flat spin that I'm just managing to recover from. The night out actually really helped with that, but I feel like I could do with another week of time off following my first one. But we've got VIPs rocking up in the office next week and I want to meet some of them for discussions *glances at medieval pole axe in the corner * pac

Ah well, St. Patrick"s week is coming up and that will be a three-day week this year, so at least that's something. And I can finally walk into shops without a mask, which is a massive relief for someone like me who wears glasses. Shopping is so much easier when you can actually see what you're getting...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 05-03-2022

Kitchen side cooking a beef stir-fry 🤤🤤 it's gonna be savage like! 🤤

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 05-03-2022

(05-03-2022, 07:07 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: Kitchen side cooking a beef stir-fry 🤤🤤 it's gonna be savage like! 🤤

In a reversal of roles here - slides plate over pac

(Please and thank you!)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 05-03-2022

Woke up with a toothache, quite possible a wisdom tooth is making a break for freedom. Thank feck for ibuprofen and plenty of comedy shows to watch. Keep reminding myself that it's ok to just chill and mind myself. I don't have to be go go go.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 05-03-2022

I just had a Clonakilty black pudding pizza, delicious

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 05-03-2022

(05-03-2022, 07:47 PM)nothing Wrote: Woke up with a toothache, quite possible a wisdom tooth is making a break for freedom. Thank feck for ibuprofen and plenty of comedy shows to watch. Keep reminding myself that it's ok to just chill and mind myself. I don't have to be go go go

Take Care  @nothing 

Corsodyl mouthwash or gel could help

(05-03-2022, 07:47 PM)nothing Wrote: Woke up with a toothache, quite possible a wisdom tooth is making a break for freedom. Thank feck for ibuprofen and plenty of comedy shows to watch. Keep reminding myself that it's ok to just chill and mind myself. I don't have to be go go go.

Take it easy, nothing. Toothaches of any kind can be vicious, so take care of yourself Smile 

Tableside here, after another day of doing sweet Foxtrot Alpha. That being said, I have fresh PJs and a bed with fresh new sheets waiting for me later. Gotta enjoy the small things in life Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 05-03-2022

Typical Seph , slide a plate over and he vanishes , mention food and he miraculously appears .... I have fresh iced buns here ......@Sephiroth_Dude ..

@thomil and @nothing , take it easy and enjoy the evening focusing on time for yourselves☺

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 05-03-2022

(04-03-2022, 11:22 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: I'm not by any means a violent person but after the stupidity of those stupid eejits attacking a nuclear power plant last night, I wish I could go over to the kremlin and give that fat head putin a few slap to knock some sense into him, stupid idiot!

Dont try this

This is not a DIY job

You need to message @mossad .

Doubtless shekeles will be requested. ( no prob - sorted with a  whip around )

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 06-03-2022

(04-03-2022, 04:47 PM)E.N. Wrote: I'm sure it'll be odd, initially, being in a normal pub environment again but I can't wait to be sat at the bar (hopefully!) enjoying a Guinness and looking round a pub full of everyone just being everyone Smile
Excuse the self quoting, and the French, but fuck me these pints are amazing Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 06-03-2022

(05-03-2022, 07:33 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 07:07 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: Kitchen side cooking a beef stir-fry 🤤🤤 it's gonna be savage like! 🤤

In a reversal of roles here - slides plate over pac

(Please and thank you!)

well now.....I don't believe it! the absolute cheek of ya mam! 

Tongue

(05-03-2022, 08:50 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote:  I have fresh iced buns here ......@Sephiroth_Dude ..

[Image: allie-cat.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 06-03-2022

(06-03-2022, 12:56 AM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 07:33 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: In a reversal of roles here - slides plate over pac

(Please and thank you!)

well now.....I don't believe it! the absolute cheek of ya mam! 

Tongue

(05-03-2022, 08:50 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote:  I have fresh iced buns here ......@Sephiroth_Dude ..

You're lucky I kept you one 🍰

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 06-03-2022

(06-03-2022, 11:42 AM)Mam of 4 Wrote:
(06-03-2022, 12:56 AM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: well now.....I don't believe it! the absolute cheek of ya mam! 

Tongue

You're lucky I kept you one 🍰

Ahhhh thanks a million mam, you made my day Big Grin 

I'm deskside with coffee, I started a programming course last week and I'm trying to get my javascript assignment done so I can go see two of my favorite little people then Big Grin  not that not having it done would stop from going to see them anyway  Smile .

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 06-03-2022

@Sephiroth_Dude , aww, have a brilliant time with the little ones, lots of fun and laughter for the day ahead for you all ☺

Best of luck with the course too Seph ☺

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 06-03-2022

@sephers, for light relief (if you havnt already|) look up Brendan Eich on YT. A great speaker and carries most of the blame for JS  Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 07-03-2022

Best of the luck with the course @Sephiroth_Dude, fancy writing a code for me to win the Euromillions??? 😆

I'm in bed, I'm just exhausted lately and have a severe case of Mondayitis brewing.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 07-03-2022

Just got 8 giant 850g dairy milk bars for 40 squids! And made a couple of people smile by giving them 1. I feel a-ok today. Going to just enjoy that feeling.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 07-03-2022

You're paying with squids now? I knew that the bloody war was going to drive up prices, but that's a bit extreme, being charged eight arms and a leg each? pac

Tableside here after finishing off dinner. It's bleeding cold outside, taking a rental bike from the office to my bus stop was not the brightest idea in retrospect...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 07-03-2022

It was worth the hassle of going fishing. Though the unexpected and highly unwanted hug from my annoying neighbour definitely brought the mood down when I pawned one off on her! Had to fold the bars in half to fit them in the freezer and fridge.

Nice dinner? I had a Buddha bowl, very little cooking involved, but was a good way to ease myself back into cooking.

The chocolate is on me, if someone will stick on the kettle

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 08-03-2022

Happy international women's day peeps (men, women and non binary friends alike - I'm all for sharing the day)! For today what I really wanted was to roll over and sleep away the day, so tired 😴🤣

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5135255]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 08-03-2022

Happy International Women's Day to you too ari!

My sister in law bought our 3½ year old daughter a book called "Girls Are Amazing" for the day that's in it. I read the title to her, asked if she agreed and she said "Yeah! ...but boys are amazing too", made me think we're doing ok as parents Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 08-03-2022

Happy International Women's Day

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 09-03-2022

Having a decent week after deciding it was important to take a breather and mind myself. Getting a bunch cooked today, so there's a good stock when I hit a bad patch. It's nice to be cooking again. And to feel a bit more in control and less overwhelmed after some decisions.

Chocolate for everyone! And hot beverages!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 10-03-2022

Sigh, all the weight that had lifted off me is back because feedback came in from previous assignments. I definitely needed this break.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 10-03-2022

(10-03-2022, 06:24 PM)nothing Wrote: Sigh, all the weight that had lifted off me is back because feedback came in from previous assignments. I definitely needed this break.

Take Care of Yourself, If you Can make Time for Yourself @nothing

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 10-03-2022

(10-03-2022, 06:56 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote:
(10-03-2022, 06:24 PM)nothing Wrote: Sigh, all the weight that had lifted off me is back because feedback came in from previous assignments. I definitely needed this break.

Take Care of Yourself, If you Can make Time for Yourself @nothing

Decided the other day that I'm only finishing one of the 3 remaining modules, just have to let them know at this stage. Glad I made the decision in a better head space, because I'm at throw the towel in completely mode right now. And glad I enjoyed the decent mood while it lasted

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 10-03-2022

I meet an old friend once a month for coffee out , we take it in turns picking where to go . Last month a hotel in town was my pick , treated us to two small breakfasts, with tea/coffee toast , €15, great value !
This morning she chose Kelly Lous (she of tv3 breakfast show fame) - two coffees and two scones €14 ... Wtf? ! Am I just miserly or does that seem a bit much?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 10-03-2022

(10-03-2022, 11:14 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: I meet an old friend once a month for coffee out , we take it in turns picking where to go . Last month a hotel in town was my pick , treated us to two small breakfasts,  with tea/coffee toast , €15, great value !
This morning she chose Kelly Lous (she of tv3 breakfast show fame) - two coffees and two scones €14 ... Wtf? ! Am I just miserly or does that seem a bit much?

No you're right that's feckin mental. 7 quid for a coffee and a scone! 

Interestingly I've been tracking the ever increasing price of breakfast in my local spot where we go on Saturday mornings, it's gone from 7.50 in 2019 up to a tenner now. And the portions are getting smaller too  Dodgy

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 11-03-2022

(10-03-2022, 11:38 PM)Necro Wrote:
(10-03-2022, 11:14 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: I meet an old friend once a month for coffee out , we take it in turns picking where to go . Last month a hotel in town was my pick , treated us to two small breakfasts,  with tea/coffee toast , €15, great value !

No you're right that's feckin mental. 7 quid for a coffee and a scone! 

Interestingly I've been tracking the ever increasing price of breakfast in my local spot where we go on Saturday mornings, it's gone from 7.50 in 2019 up to a tenner now. And the portions are getting smaller too  Dodgy

Oh I hate when the prices go up and the portions get smaller , that's just meanness. You wouldn't mind paying the tenner if you were getting great value for money .
I won't be paying for coffee and a scone at 7euro a pop up there again . I'll drag her out for another small breakfast instead pac

(Or if everything stays going up in price it'll be a bottle of water and dry bread 😵 😂)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 11-03-2022

Jaysus, bottled water?! You must be loaded! Tap for me pac

Seems a lot of places have coffee between 3.50 and a fiver, which is crazy, and scones are gone mad money too. Must have a look at the prices in my local place tomorrow (we've got in the habit of dropping into Centra for a couple of Frank and Honest coffees to take away and sometimes a deli lunch, and driving up to the harbour to sit, eat, chat, drink, relax and craft/art, even with 2 coffees and 2 sandwiches, it's barely over a tenner, and no one is waiting on us to move and it's very peaceful)

Ok, dragging myself off to bed, lots to do tomorrow!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 13-03-2022

It's a bleak day, reminds me of boring Sundays as a child.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 13-03-2022

I've a double bill of movies lined up, just need to sort breakfast, then popcorn and I'm ready for a nice chill day

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 13-03-2022

The sun came and I cleaned the house and did some laundry. 😃