A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 23-02-2022

Happy Birthday Aaron ! the locals cats  prepared a little happy birthday video for you! 

they also said there looking forward to some cake later! and not to give me any ☹️

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 23-02-2022

Happy Birthday Aaron !

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 23-02-2022

(22-02-2022, 11:02 PM)Zaph Wrote: Is it a sign that I'm getting old that I had to look up Vejas to see what they are?

(22-02-2022, 11:06 PM)nothing Wrote:
(22-02-2022, 11:02 PM)Zaph Wrote: Is it a sign that I'm getting old that I had to look up Vejas to see what they are?

That makes 2 of us!

(23-02-2022, 12:37 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: That makes three of us...

And as it happens, I turn yet another year older today 🙂

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 23-02-2022

Happy Birthday AJ!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 23-02-2022

(23-02-2022, 12:37 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: That makes three of us...

And as it happens, I turn yet another year older today 🙂

Happy Birthday @aaronjennings

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 23-02-2022

Ok confession time ...

I hadn't a clue either what Vejas were ... so wrongly thought they were something to do with vejazzling or something. .🙈🙈

Funny though 😂

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 23-02-2022

(23-02-2022, 06:46 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: Ok confession time ...

I hadn't a clue either what Vejas were ... so wrongly thought they were something to do with vejazzling or something. .🙈🙈

Funny though 😂

I thought it was another way of saying pyjamas!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 23-02-2022

Not good news today, father got a cancer diagnosis, seems to have spread and he is not a fan of doctors and hospitals etc., waiting on oncology to come back with plan, I have to stop doctor googling, anxiety high

In other news I'm a fellow February birthday dudette

Oh Geez , sorry to hear that @jp liz v1 . I'm sure the Consultants will come back with the best possible plan of action for your Father .
Hugs to you and Happy Birthday

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 23-02-2022

That's horrible news @jp liz v1, hope you and your dad are doing OK

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 23-02-2022

Sending much love liz!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 23-02-2022

Thinking of you Liz 🤗

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 23-02-2022

Happy Birthday @aaronjennings , hope you're having a nice day!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 23-02-2022

(23-02-2022, 07:01 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Not good news today, father got a cancer diagnosis,  seems to have spread and he is not a fan of doctors and hospitals etc., waiting on oncology to come back with plan, I have to stop doctor googling, anxiety high

Really sorry to read this Liz. Stay away from doctor Google and assume everything you've read so far is absolute worst case as is always the way with google. I'll be hoping for the very best outcome for your father.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 23-02-2022

(23-02-2022, 07:01 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Not good news today, father got a cancer diagnosis,  seems to have spread and he is not a fan of doctors and hospitals etc., waiting on oncology to come back with plan, I have to stop doctor googling, anxiety high

Oh my god, I know that kind of roller coaster all too well. Stay strong and remember, the where's crew is there for you if you need us *hugs*

Speaking of which, Homeside here after a thoroughly meh day. Hope you guys & gals won't mind me dropping in again more often again...

Was just thinking, wheres thomil at? He's been quiet

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 23-02-2022

I've been over in the other place recently, trying to keep the wherer's thread there above water. Not really that successful, mind you.

Also, even with all the gifts & benefits my employer has dumped out over me recently, the start to the year has been decidedly... weird...

Weird good or weird bad?!

Just weird, everything seems ever so slightly "out of place". Reporting season was more chaotic, and everything seems more disjointed and frantic. But at the same time we're back in our lovely office, day to day interactions are good, and the daily cycle between the bus stop and the office is doing wonders for getting me work ready in the mornings. The only really bad thing is the coffee available in the office kitchens, which varies between "thank god I'm not paying for this" and absolutely vile.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 23-02-2022

Sending you hugs liz, hoping for the best possible outcome for you dad, stay strong, were all here for you anyway.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - aaronjennings - 23-02-2022

Very sorry to hear that Liz, try to stay strong  Heart

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 24-02-2022

Sorry to hear about your dad liz, look after yourself. I hope your dad kicks cancer's ass.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 24-02-2022

Sigh. My default ability to procrastinate is really getting in my way this week. Also my reluctance to take out the clay because its so very messy and I hate having it on my hands but also I can't work with it with gloves because I need to able to feel if I need more water on it so I can work with it properly and I'm getting proper annoyed with myself

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 24-02-2022

Thank ye all, feel better today, just to hear the C word completely deflates you

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 24-02-2022

(22-02-2022, 04:36 PM)Necro Wrote: Haven't had that feeling yet at 35 but I'm still a big feckin kid anyways pac

Wife had a scan today and we are all set for a March 31st due date, they're planning to induce that day if baby hasn't arrived by then.... already reckon he's about 6 pounds  Confused

Given our last two were 8 and 9 pounds respectively I'm not surprised... poor Necrina though  Angel

[Image: th?id=OIP.ixvcnhe4ecfE1gpvYK0hOwHaE7&pid...=235&h=156]

Go @Necro  and  @Necrina

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 25-02-2022

Deskside with a coffee and was reading the live feed about the war in Ukraine, I've had to stop as my heart is breaking  Sad especially after reading this 

Newborn infants from the neonatal intensive care unit at a children's hospital in Dnipro, in eastern Ukraine, were moved into a makeshift bomb shelter on a lower level of the building on Thursday. https://t.co/l8RAcFMTud pic.twitter.com/kWud9ktt2P

— The New York Times (@nytimes) February 25, 2022

Sad breaks my heart .

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 25-02-2022

Fuck Putin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 25-02-2022

It's horrific @Sephiroth_Dude

It's so incomprehensible as well. I see all these things in the news, but I don't really understand any of it, I just can't process it properly. So many normal people, and their lives have just been turned upside down in an instant.

And it just feels like there's nothing we can do. You hope the politicians will do what they can, but you know that they care as much about the gas supply as about those people's lives. Everything's money in the end, humanity seems have been thrown out of the window.

Sorry, that was much more of a downer than I thought when I started typing.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Kol - 25-02-2022

I live quite close to Ukraine, probably 1.5 hours by car to the border so people here are starting to worry. We are a NATO member so I don't feel threatened in anyway. It's sickening though that in this day and age, one country can invade another and the rest of the world can only look on. There will be intervention if it doesn't stop but how many lives will be lost in that time!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 25-02-2022

What I think it's so unbelievable about the whole thing is who the f*ck invades other countries unprovoked these days? Invading somewhere just because you essentially feel like it is something from the history books. In this day and age we like to think we're more civilised than our predecessors, but then along comes Putin to demonstrate that megalomania is still a thing. And the lies he's spouting to justify it are straight out of the old USSR handbook. The problem is that it's hard to see how he won't get his way. Ukraine isn't a NATO member, so it won't step in and defend them, and their own military is tiny in comparison to Russia's, so it's only a matter of days before they're overrun. After that I can only assume that a puppet regime will be installed giving Russia Belarus and Ukraine as a buffer between them and the west. It's the Baltic States that I'd be most concerned about next, although they do have NATO membership to fall back on.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 25-02-2022

(25-02-2022, 01:00 PM)E.N. Wrote: It's horrific @Sephiroth_Dude

It's so incomprehensible as well. I see all these things in the news, but I don't really understand any of it, I just can't process it properly. So many normal people, and their lives have just been turned upside down in an instant.

And it just feels like there's nothing we can do. You hope the politicians will do what they can, but you know that they care as much about the gas supply as about those people's lives. Everything's money in the end, humanity seems have been thrown out of the window.

Sorry, that was much more of a downer than I thought when I started typing.

Just on this, we fortunately do not rely on Russia for our Gas supply, it's about 50/50 between domestic production and imports from the UK, which come through a Pipline from Scotland, some of which would be sourced from Scandinavia.

A lot of the bigger EU countries do though.

I do understand your point though. Putin is an absolute egotistical cunt and the quicker he is taken out the better for the rest if the world.

The best thing that Ireland and the EU/US can do is impose sanctions and freeze  that assets from the oligarchs that fund him and isolate Russia. The fact that they are a global Neuclear power means that War is out of the equation unless they attack an EU/NATO country.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 25-02-2022

Ah, yeah, omitted a fair bit of what I meant there @Trigger!

I meant the likes of Germany, who are so dependant on it. We just follow the EU line, and I've no issue with that as we're a small country, there's very limited impact we can have on our own anyway

It's just frustrating that the answer isn't to shut out Russia to the rest of the world, but everything's so interlinked these days out doesn't work like that

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 25-02-2022

(25-02-2022, 02:58 PM)E.N. Wrote: Ah, yeah, omitted a fair bit of what I meant there @Trigger!

I meant the likes of Germany, who are so dependant on it. We just follow the EU line, and I've no issue with that as we're a small country, there's very limited impact we can have on our own anyway

It's just frustrating that the answer isn't to shut out Russia to the rest of the world, but everything's so interlinked these days out doesn't work like that

I don't trust Germany. I just don't trust them. They have no appetite for sanctions because they're so dependant on Russian gas. They've had years to pivot away from this but they actually agreed to start Nordstream 2 with the Russians whilst the Crimea was annexed. 

Now they're vetoing removing Russia from Swift and it all just stinks of selfishness.

The worst part about all of this is how eerily similar to the 1930s this is playing out.
Russia annexing the Donbass (Nazis did same with Sudetenland) then invading Ukraine (see Czechoslovakia)

Next we'll have a Moscow (Munich) Agreement and Boris (Chamberlain) waddling off a plane claiming peace in our time before Russia (Germany) decide to invade Poland a year or two later...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 25-02-2022

Oh and you can throw Italy in the muppet pile with Germany and Hungary after they wrangled an exemption to sell designer goods to Russia out of the latest rounds of sanctions proposed. The three stooges getting the band back together ala 1936.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 26-02-2022

Thank you very much Necro, I'll be giving this place a wide berth then, given your welcoming attitude!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Tigger - 26-02-2022

(26-02-2022, 12:35 AM)thomil Wrote: Thank you very much Necro, I'll be giving this place a wide berth then, given your welcoming attitude!
What's going on are you Russian or German or Italian or something. 

I don't think people mean the people when they talk about teb countryes like Irish people always give out about Irish govt so theybareent one thing. And American forgien policy is bat shitvcrazy but Americans and their culture is cool .
Ans Israel forgien policy is boarderline psychology but the Israel's wonenrem are rediculiouslyblovlet and the people have contributed massively to Western culture  and the arts .
So stay 
Or don't but tell me what's going on cos I never understand what's going on these days 😅

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Tigger - 26-02-2022

(25-02-2022, 05:06 PM)Necro Wrote: Oh and you can throw Italy in the muppet pile with Germany and Hungary after they wrangled an exemption to sell designer goods to Russia out of the latest rounds of sanctions proposed. The three stooges getting the band back together ala 1936.
O just watched the kings man which is a docu drama about the early twentieth century and its actually more complicated than your thinking

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 26-02-2022

(26-02-2022, 01:20 AM)Tigger Wrote:
(26-02-2022, 12:35 AM)thomil Wrote: Thank you very much Necro, I'll be giving this place a wide berth then, given your welcoming attitude!
What's going on are you Russian or German or Italian or something. 

I don't think people mean the people when they talk about teb countryes like Irish people always give out about Irish govt so theybareent one thing. And American forgien policy is bat shitvcrazy but Americans and their culture is cool .
Ans Israel forgien policy is boarderline psychology but the Israel's wonenrem are rediculiouslyblovlet and the people have contributed massively to Western culture  and the arts .
So stay 
Or don't but tell me what's going on cos I never understand what's going on these days 😅

Apologies, Those were two days of VERY late nights posting there. Yes, I am German, though I've lived in Cork for coming up to ten years. I can tell you, the vast majority of Germans are just as horrified about the Russian invasion and our government's completely idiotic response to it as many abroad are. Olaf Scholz is rapidly turning out to be an absolute embarrassment as a leader and is single-handedly tearing down any international  reputation that Germany might have left. From this crisis to the COVID response, German government actions have been vacillating, effete, incompetent, self-serving, and utterly hare-brained, and that's me being kind! At this point, I'd gladly take Varadkar, Martin, hell, even MaryLou McDonald over the current herd of blooming thundercunts in the Reichstag, because Ireland has consistently outperformed Germany by a significant margin in responding to any single of these major crises!

I know that the war is sucking a lot of us into a doom-scrolling black hole, I've been up until 2AM myself over the last three days, despite working a full day as well. So I know how easy it is for emotions to get away from ourselves, hell, it just happened to me as well, as demonstrated above. However, I believe we should take extreme care in these circumstances to differentiate between the people of a nation and its government and to express said differentiation. 

As for Germany, I shudder to think what would be happening now if the conservative party had won the last election instead of Scholz because as bad as Scholz is, his main rival would have been worse by several orders of magnitude still!

Also, it looks as if someone has compromised mod accounts over on boards and is completely deleting any discussion of the ongoing war! The Russia thread in which I"d been somewhat active is being wiped out over the last couple of minutes.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 26-02-2022

(26-02-2022, 02:37 PM)thomil Wrote: Also, it looks as if someone has compromised mod accounts over on boards and is completely deleting any discussion of the ongoing war! The Russia thread in which I"d been somewhat active is being wiped out over the last couple of minutes.

The thread is completely gone now , which seems absolutely crazy plus it was the only thread targeted.  Your posts on the thread were informative and  very balanced Thomil .