A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 06-02-2022

(06-02-2022, 06:09 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote: Maybe something small and more managable like a hamster or a fluffy guinea pig? A hamster can run around in his big ball so he wouldn't be able to get at you. Wink
I'm a bit weird when it comes to caged animals too. I think it's unfair for them to be trapped in a small cage without having the freedom to roam about..

And I definitely would be more afraid of one of them loose, than a cat!  

I think it's just me and my guilt to keep the kid company for now  Big Grin Big Grin

Edit: guilt not quilt lol

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 06-02-2022

I'm scared of anything rodent like, keep em caged 😆
Friend of mine kept rats I mean, mongolian gerbils 😜 and I used to be petrified when she took them out to pet them!

Not for the vegan warrior:
SpoilerShow Content

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 06-02-2022

I'm scared of spiders but more than just scared. Even typing the word gives me a weird uncomfortable feeling 😶 It is a phobia most definitely.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 06-02-2022

How do you feel about other multilegged beasties ?

I'm not to keen on anything that is much longer than it is wide but would be OK with yer typical spiders

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 06-02-2022

(06-02-2022, 11:17 PM)dawg Wrote: How do you feel about other multilegged beasties ?

I'm not to keen on anything that is much longer than it is wide but would be OK with yer typical spiders
I'm totally fine with them and of course I love do(aw)gs 😄

Mammy was similar to yourself dawg. She hated the long and slitheries. I have loads of fears, not just of creatures......and fear can hold us back in all sorts of ways, reign over us if we let it.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 06-02-2022

I'm of the opinion that any creature with more than 4 legs is unnatural. Not a fan of spiders and creepy crawlies at all. I'm OK with snakes though, which a lot of people seem to have a major issue with.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 07-02-2022

I shall arise. I have to go down the road and register mam's death. It's a bit.. strange. I have it in the 'business and practical box' in my head though. So that will help 😊

And I will go sit in Costa like I used to do. Thursdays were a day off for me and part of my routine was going to the big smoke of Portlaoise and sitting there with a book or work related bits.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 07-02-2022

Focusing on the tick box practicality of getting difficult jobs done helps me too 🤗

I've only ever been into a reg office to drop off a marriage form thingy for my friend when she was on honeymoon, and they were lovely and helpful, but they were in a different county to you.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ShaneU - 07-02-2022

Zoom job interviews are the most awkward thing ever ha

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 07-02-2022

(07-02-2022, 01:59 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: I shall arise. I have to go down the road and register mam's death. It's a bit.. strange. I have it in the 'business and practical box' in my head though. So that will help 😊

And I will go sit in Costa like I used to do. Thursdays were a day off for me and part of my routine was going to the big smoke of Portlaoise and sitting there with a book or work related bits.

Coroner takes care of that for us but not until their report is done... Nearly 2 months now waiting for that Sad

They issued an interim certificate but life insurance won't pay anything but funeral bill until they have the official copy.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 07-02-2022

(07-02-2022, 01:59 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: ........
Confused Confused Confused

Thursday , Thinks Dawg

Thursday ?

Thursday ?

Isnt today Monday ?

*** checks newspaper twice ***

You really got me going with that, Frostie  Sad

(07-02-2022, 01:59 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: I shall arise. I have to go down the road and register mam's death. It's a bit.. strange. I have it in the 'business and practical box' in my head though. So that will help 😊...

You can say that again...kind of a day that you never imagined would come ( at least thats how it was for me )

Its a good few years since I registered my mother's death. The young lady that dealt with me was lovely but never the less well clued up.  I had described mum as 'Housewife'. In fact my father had died a few weeks before. So she corrected me saying that my mum should be described as 'Widow'. I never got my head around the fact that she was a Widow rather than a Housewife.  I doubt any of the family did.

Best of luck with this very sad and thankless task

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 07-02-2022

(07-02-2022, 04:13 PM)ShaneU Wrote: Zoom job interviews are the most awkward thing ever ha

I'll raise you. Last year I had a zoom interview. The recruiting manager commented on the fact I'd put a suit on, then said he wouldn't turn his camera on as he shared a kitchen with his wife. So the entire interview was just my own stupid mug staring back at me.

I got the job, and after six months working for him I never found out what he looked like

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 07-02-2022

I wonder was his wife grading your answers? I'd be paranoid is the other person had their camera off, he was probably dressed casually and was embarrassed that you'd make an effort.

Miserable day and cold night so I'm in bed plotting to take over the world.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 08-02-2022

I was out in clients shed throwing on a wash for her and her machine door is a bit sticky so you kinda have to slam it. When I did, something started running all around the shed in a panic. It was too dark in there to even see what.

I'm not afraid of mice or anything. Or even rats really. But I'm terrified of spiders and I've seen some big fellas out there, so I was already on high alert with that edge of fear running through me. It was all I could do to keep calm until I had the machine set.

Course now I'm out I'm sure it was just a mouse and nothing to worry about but I still have that creepy feeling like there's something crawling under my jumper or in my hair. And me only after getting my hair done! Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 08-02-2022

(07-02-2022, 11:00 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I wonder was his wife grading your answers? I'd be paranoid is the other person had their camera off, he was probably dressed casually and was embarrassed that you'd make an effort
I was very paranoid Tongue
I should have taken it as a sign not to work for him. It was an absolute shitshow for six months, but I guess it paid the bills

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 08-02-2022

Yay packages from dropchef and ikea. Boo counselling. Boo video calls. Boo phone calls. Boo tonsillitis. Yay tea and chocolate

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 08-02-2022

(07-02-2022, 05:17 PM)dawg Wrote:
(07-02-2022, 01:59 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: ........
Confused Confused Confused

Thursday , Thinks Dawg

Thursday ?

Thursday ?

Isnt today Monday ?

*** checks newspaper twice ***

You really got me going with that, Frostie  Sad

(07-02-2022, 01:59 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: I shall arise. I have to go down the road and register mam's death. It's a bit.. strange. I have it in the 'business and practical box' in my head though. So that will help 😊...

You can say that again...kind of a day that you never imagined would come ( at least thats how it was for me )

Its a good few years since I registered my mother's death. The young lady that dealt with me was lovely but never the less well clued up.  I had described mum as 'Housewife'. In fact my father had died a few weeks before. So she corrected me saying that my mum should be described as 'Widow'. I never got my head around the fact that she was a Widow rather than a Housewife.  I doubt any of the family did.

Best of luck with this very sad and thankless task
I like to keep you on your toes Big Grin.

Losing one parent is difficult, losing both so close together though 😔 I am sorry dawg. 

Thank you. It's all sorted now. It took a bit over an hour. The woman looking after it told me at the end 'that was supposed to be just a half hour appointment'. Eh ok. What am I supposed to do with that information and why is it relevant to me. 

Sure lookit.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Night owl gal - 08-02-2022

Evening all

Couchside

Good news, I'm back on the dating scene 😀

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 08-02-2022

Sofaside, trying to figure out how to not be hard on myself for missing college because I'm sick. Had to sort assignment extensions. And work past feeling like giving up. Eugh, stupid brain

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 08-02-2022

(08-02-2022, 08:21 PM)nothing Wrote: Sofaside, trying to figure out how to not be hard on myself for missing college because I'm sick. Had to sort assignment extensions. And work past feeling like giving up. Eugh, stupid brain

Everyone gets assignment extensions - you had a valid reason that wasn't just "I couldn't be bothered" like my recent extension Smile You need to rest now or you won't get better.

(08-02-2022, 10:10 PM)cee_jay Wrote:
(08-02-2022, 08:21 PM)nothing Wrote: Sofaside, trying to figure out how to not be hard on myself for missing college because I'm sick. Had to sort assignment extensions. And work past feeling like giving up. Eugh, stupid brain

Everyone gets assignment extensions - you had a valid reason that wasn't just "I couldn't be bothered" like my recent extension Smile You need to rest now or you won't get better.

You're absolutely right, and I really don't take the piss with them, I struggle with asking for help, even when I desperately need it, so I feel horrible any time I do. The logical side of me knows this is a reasonable request. The jerk emotional side of me is being an irrational emotional jerk.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 09-02-2022

I parked in a loading bay. I was in the spot before I realised. The only other spaces were behind me so I took a chance and stayed put.

Now I wait to be unclamped. 😆

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 09-02-2022

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95299bb0ae4aaae942665...y.gif&ct=g]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 09-02-2022

Sofaside. Got a tesco delivery earlier and wrecked myself just going to the lift (got the driver to pop shop into lift) and putting everything away. Definitely not ready to go back into college. Covered til the end of the week, and we're online Monday, so hopefully in those 5 days I'll be ready to get back into the studio

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 10-02-2022

Werk side googling 'botox Dublin'. Silly lines in face need to be gone if I'm to remain 39 Big Grin

Woman in Costa gave me a tiffin yoke instead of a cookie. Don't want tiffin yoke want cookie!!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 10-02-2022

Off to a Birthday Tea Party at 5 pm , will be nice ☺

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 10-02-2022

(10-02-2022, 04:30 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: Off to a Birthday Tea Party at 5 pm ,  will be nice ☺

I finally got cake yesterday! Coffee, chocolate, lemon, some donuts, croissants, maple pecan plait, lemon cheesecake and mocha mousse!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 10-02-2022

(10-02-2022, 05:41 PM)nothing Wrote:
(10-02-2022, 04:30 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: Off to a Birthday Tea Party at 5 pm ,  will be nice ☺

I finally got cake yesterday! Coffee, chocolate, lemon, some donuts, croissants, maple pecan plait, lemon cheesecake and mocha mousse!
Yum to all of those!!! 

If you hear knocking, that'll just be Seph at your door! 

[Image: knock-knock-cat-knock-door.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 10-02-2022

We still have cake from our little fella's birthday last week. Necro is never being trusted to pick the size again let me tell you all.

"Oh look, the 14 inch one is only 5 euros dearer than the 12 inch one let's get that"

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 10-02-2022

[Image: observing-cat.gif]

Someone mention cake?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 10-02-2022

Bring us back some cake please ma !

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 10-02-2022

(10-02-2022, 06:23 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote:

Bring us back some cake please ma  !

Of course I brought back cake Seph !
Jam and cream sponge with unicorn icing and a chocolate hazelnut ganache cake 😊
Daughters birthday so really the unicorn one was for her two girls 😁

@nothing, delighted you got cake too , we'll all have another cake party , it'll help @Necro use up his cake too !

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 10-02-2022

Nom cake, I bought some fake Nutella and had it on bread today (I haven't bought Nutella in years). I do feel bad about the palm oil but once every 5 years or so can be forgiven Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 10-02-2022

(10-02-2022, 07:48 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote:
(10-02-2022, 06:23 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: Bring us back some cake please ma  !

@nothing, delighted you got cake too , we'll all have another cake party , it'll help @Necro use up his cake too !

I'm there!! 

[Image: tina-fey.gif]

Lol @BuileBeag , that pic is like the littlest one earlier, she had a Peppa Pig fork , taking little bits of the icing off the cake pac

(10-02-2022, 07:48 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote:
(10-02-2022, 06:23 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: Bring us back some cake please ma  !

That just happens to be my 2nd favorite cake mam! 

*Slides plate over *  Big Grin

I'll make the tae  Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 10-02-2022

(10-02-2022, 07:51 PM)ari101 Wrote: Nom cake, I bought some fake Nutella and had it on bread today (I haven't bought Nutella in years). I do feel bad about the palm oil but once every 5 years or so can be forgiven Big Grin
I used to eat nutella and all its variations straight from the jar  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 11-02-2022

I love Nutella, but then I developed a nut allergy out of the blue.  Only nuts I'm allergic to are my two favourites, peanuts and hazelnuts. Sad

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 11-02-2022

That's very mean, nuts rock 😐

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 11-02-2022

Oh no! That's rotten