A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 03-02-2022

(03-02-2022, 04:52 PM)ari101 Wrote: Oh no , not Fartway, keep them away from me please🤯🤬😅 Thankfully mine are An Post via Post NL, I like my postman 🙂
It's 'In transit' Huzzah! Big Grin

There's a woman postman who sometimes does be on my street. They are a rare sight. Post women.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 03-02-2022

(03-02-2022, 11:02 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(03-02-2022, 04:52 PM)ari101 Wrote: Oh no , not Fartway, keep them away from me please🤯🤬😅 Thankfully mine are An Post via Post NL, I like my postman 🙂
It's 'In transit' Huzzah! Big Grin

There's a woman postman who sometimes does be on my street. They are a rare sight. Post women.

I've got a lady postie!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 03-02-2022

(03-02-2022, 11:03 PM)nothing Wrote:
(03-02-2022, 11:02 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: It's 'In transit' Huzzah! Big Grin

I've got a lady postie!
Oh wow! Does she have a bike or a little van? At home in the sticks they have bikes but here they have little van.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 03-02-2022

(03-02-2022, 11:10 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(03-02-2022, 11:03 PM)nothing Wrote: I've got a lady postie!
Oh wow! Does she have a bike or a little van? At home in the sticks they have bikes but here they have little van.

She's on the bike, there's another lad in the wee van

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 04-02-2022

Oh joy, it's tonsillitis for me. Need to go out to pick up antibiotics, and a few library books that came in this morning too. Feeling rotten today. Might see if I can get a friend to do it for me

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 04-02-2022

(04-02-2022, 12:53 PM)nothing Wrote: Oh joy, it's tonsillitis for me.....

Yuk!  thats not a nice thing to descend on you Sad

but, you know, this is the sort of thing that happens people who do not eat enough chocolate.

At this stage its probably too late to make amends on the choc front.

I wouldn't be surprised if its got to the stage where sipping a smooth red wine thru the evenings is what will be necessary.

Expect to need a bottle per night. 
May also help you sleep.  
Ignore normal drink guidelines, this is a medical emergency.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 04-02-2022

pac love it dawg! I don't drink, but chocolate sounds good!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 04-02-2022

(04-02-2022, 05:08 PM)nothing Wrote: ... I don't drink, but chocolate sounds good!

Heck, I dont take antiBs ( unless they are prescribed )

Dr Dawg is sending you a script for a smooth red....like it or not ( perhaps holding your nose as you sip will help )

Nasty medicine

Perhaps Frostie will be here later. She knows all about this sort of thing Big Grin

Haha well if it is prescribed... pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Wichita Lineman - 04-02-2022

[Image: getgraphic.gif?resize=620%2C401]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 05-02-2022

(04-02-2022, 05:18 PM)dawg Wrote: Dr Dawg is sending you a script for a smooth red....like it or not ( perhaps holding your nose as you sip will help )
Red wine is disgusting.

Even the smell of someone drinking it near me turns my stomach.

Sick

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 05-02-2022

Nasty medicine and no two ways about it

Hope Nothing is on the mend

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 05-02-2022

Resting, and a bit sore, but on the mend

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 05-02-2022

(05-02-2022, 02:34 PM)Spears Wrote:
(04-02-2022, 05:18 PM)dawg Wrote: Dr Dawg is sending you a script for a smooth red....like it or not ( perhaps holding your nose as you sip will help )
Red wine is disgusting.

Even the smell of someone drinking it near me turns my stomach.

Sick
I am the same. Hate the smell of red wine. And port and sherry. Love white though!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 05-02-2022

I'm on the mobile so won't quote all the posts, especially those blasphemers with their hatred of red wine! 😛

Glad to hear you're on the mend @nothing . You might have been a bit run down. College work can take it out of you. I used to be worn out with it.

@dawg I do like a tipple so am best placed to advise on all things booze Big Grin In fact I bought a bottle of ready made passion fruit martini in Marks earlier. It's nice. Some of them concoctions can be awful but this one isn't a million miles from the real deal.

Tomorrow is zoo day! 🦁🐼🐵🐍

In other news I've decided I would like a rabbit. I was thinking how nice it would be to have a little soft creature to cuddle and care for. A baby was considered but they require more maintenance than a rabbit 😆

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 05-02-2022

Hey Frostie, hope thats a proper 1 litre bottle and not one of those stingy 70cl ones

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 05-02-2022

Definitely run down, it's exhausting, and of course now I'm panicking about what I'm falling behind on, making it harder to properly rest. Stupid vicious cycle.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 05-02-2022

LOTR Blu-Ray tonight Big Grin just the Fellowship mind you, not able for the full marathon all at once nowadays!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 05-02-2022

(05-02-2022, 08:14 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: In other news I've decided I would like a rabbit. I was thinking how nice it would be to have a little soft creature to cuddle and care for.

A baby was considered but they require more maintenance than a rabbit 😆

i'd suggest the rabbit over the baby any day Big Grin

One of my kiddo's is the same, he's very gentle and he'd love to get a cuddly pet. Only problem is, i'm kinda afraid of most animals.

I can see him with a cat, think it would suit him so much but I just can't handle the thoughts of one coming near me. Feel so guilty not getting him one though  Sad

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 05-02-2022

😲😲😲😲
Paging @Sephiroth_Dude to the wherers thread, Sephorite_Dude to the wherers thread please!

A lot of people say that ... until they get a cat. 🐈 😻 😺

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 05-02-2022

(05-02-2022, 10:15 PM)Spears Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 08:14 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: In other news I've decided I would like a rabbit. I was thinking how nice it would be to have a little soft creature to cuddle and care for.

One of my kiddo's is the same, he's very gentle and he'd love to get a cuddly pet. Only problem is, i'm kinda afraid of most animals.

I can see him with a cat, think it would suit him so much but I just can't handle the thoughts of one coming near me. Feel so guilty not getting him one though  Sad
I was exactly like this, and then I moved in with 2 cats. The first time I was at his house and met the cats, I was frozen to the spot, terrified. 
We have one cat now (his brother sadly died), and we are best friends. Watching TV in the evening, he will curl up on my lap. I was doing a college assignment today, and he stayed in the room next to me for most of it. He is like a child though, when he wants to go out in the morning be it 6 or 7am, he will make sure we get up to let him out and feed him.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 05-02-2022

My brother's housemate's cat has negotiated a microchip specific cat flap in the back door 🤣 (I think my brother is rather attached to the cat 🤣)

My brother has that flap for their door too Smile Our cat is an indoor cat (mostly - he gets to go out to the enclosed back garden only for half an hour in the morning). It has the added advantage of us never being brought home "gifts"

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 06-02-2022

Well I don't think any gifts have been brought home yet but the cat does like a fight and often comes home with scrapes 🤣 But if he doesn't get his night roaming and battles in, seemingly he tries to get humans to fight with him 😬😅 I'm hoping as he grows up (he is only about 6 months old) he will settle. I love cuddly cats but am a bit wary of animals generally and get frightened if they start picking fights with me 🤣

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 06-02-2022

(05-02-2022, 10:20 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: 😲😲😲😲
Paging @Sephiroth_Dude to the wherers thread, Sephorite_Dude to the wherers thread please!

Well I can't believe I'm gonna say this now but........I agree with leggings !

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 06-02-2022

(05-02-2022, 10:15 PM)Spears Wrote:

Big Grin

That's a bit of a dilemma for you but try not be hard on yourself. Fears are real and can be debilitating. No need for guilt over how you feel Spears. 

Is he old enough to understand you telling him your reason?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 06-02-2022

(06-02-2022, 12:07 AM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 10:20 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: 😲😲😲😲

Well I can't believe I'm gonna say this now but........I agree with leggings !
[Image: giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952d8c901160f81462fb....webp&ct=g]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 06-02-2022

(06-02-2022, 12:31 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 12:07 AM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: Well I can't believe I'm gonna say this now but........I agree with leggings !
[Image: giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952d8c901160f81462fb....webp&ct=g]

You should have used this surprised cat gif leggings as its better 

[Image: cat-shocked.gif]

Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 06-02-2022

(06-02-2022, 12:42 AM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 12:31 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote: [Image: giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952d8c901160f81462fb....webp&ct=g]

You should have used this surprised cat gif leggings as its better 

Smile
That's your gif though, I'm not a gif thief. 😂😂
[Image: giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9524be96eee4be16aabe....webp&ct=g]

(06-02-2022, 12:51 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 12:42 AM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: You should have used this surprised cat gif leggings as its better 

Smile
That's your gif though, I'm not a gif thief. 😂😂
[Image: giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9524be96eee4be16aabe....webp&ct=g]

True........ but I'll let you use it from time to time  Cool

[Image: 4e27ef2a2b5aff7d9565807256b326c1.jpg]

Smile

I'll admit your gifs are better, Sephers!
[Image: giphy.webp?cid=82a1493bvg2gdjnwl31dkvbuq....webp&ct=g]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 06-02-2022

Cats is evil. Especially the local feral f*ckers who keep sh*tting in my back garden and who on two occasions left dead birds on the patio for me to deal with. Give me a dog any day, although only if it's not one of those small yappy yokes

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 06-02-2022

(06-02-2022, 02:08 AM)Zaph Wrote: Cats is evil.  Especially the local feral f*ckers who keep sh*tting in my back garden and who on two occasions left dead birds on the patio for me to deal with.  Give me a dog any day, although only if it's not one of those small yappy yokes
There is a small yappy yoke next door to us and I think he is a bit vicious. An hour ago and he barking away 🙄

(06-02-2022, 01:29 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I'll admit your gifs are better, Sephers!
[Image: giphy.webp?cid=82a1493bvg2gdjnwl31dkvbuq....webp&ct=g]

Cool Cool Cool

😉

(06-02-2022, 02:08 AM)Zaph Wrote: Cats is evil.  Especially the local feral f*ckers who keep sh*tting in my back garden and who on two occasions left dead birds on the patio for me to deal with.  Give me a dog any day, although only if it's not one of those small yappy yokes
They're leaving you presents to thank you for providing toilet facilities, you should be grateful!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 06-02-2022

There's one of those small yappy dogs in a house behind me. Every night it starts barking when I go to bed. The fucker.
I wish the foxes took care of it.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 06-02-2022

(05-02-2022, 09:48 PM)Necro Wrote: LOTR Blu-Ray tonight Big Grin just the Fellowship mind you, not able for the full marathon all at once nowadays!
That was my flight to the US. LOTR marathon  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 06-02-2022

Gifts from cats mean they like you, and are bring you a present to show their love Smile
Our neighbours have a happy dog. And a stupid dog too it seems. During the week, a car wandered into their back garden onto their shed roof. The dog saw these, starting yapping and proceed to bound out to attack the cat... And smashed straight into their closed glass door. Continued yapping though!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 06-02-2022

(05-02-2022, 11:37 PM)cee_jay Wrote: My brother has that flap for their door too Smile Our cat is an indoor cat (mostly - he gets to go out to the enclosed back garden only for half an hour in the morning). It has the added advantage of us never being brought home "gifts"
That's another thing i'd worry about, I'd die!

(06-02-2022, 12:28 AM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Is he old enough to understand you telling him your reason?
He is yeah, and he's very understanding.

It's not like he's asking for one, it's more that I know a cat would suit him.

We talk about it sometimes and always look at cute cat pictures, and I can see fond of them he is. I'm just not sure if I could handle one myself  Sad

I know someone who fosters cats. Maybe I could borrow a cat for a day or two  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Butty Brennan - 06-02-2022

Maybe something small and more managable like a hamster or a fluffy guinea pig? A hamster can run around in his big ball so he wouldn't be able to get at you. Wink