A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 16-01-2022

How are the Foggies?

I'm in the bed with coffee. What to do what to do.
I would like to stay in bed but too much makes me go a bit.... funny...
I need to ponder a bit more on this.

My prints arrived so I will go buy frames. I could have bought them framed but they were expensive that way so I'll pick up a few in The Range.

It's all go here today! Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 16-01-2022

Oh! I forgot. Tomorrow is dentist day which means IV sedation which means lovely floaty sleepy sleeps Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 16-01-2022

Oh the Range - thank you, I have a print that I'm finding quite hard to get a frame for, and I haven't thought of there.

Speaking of frames, I got myself new glasses ordered yesterday. I sat on mine last month, and they haven't stayed on my face properly since, so went and got new ones. My prescription hasn't changed too much, and I get my new glasses on Thursday Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 16-01-2022

I didn't win anything on the lotto, the injustice is almost overbearing. ?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 16-01-2022

I have a day of sketchbook work ahead (mainly lots of pritt stick and printed images)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Butty Brennan - 16-01-2022

(16-01-2022, 03:54 PM)nothing Wrote: I have a day of sketchbook work ahead (mainly lots of pritt stick and printed images)
Don't work too hard, maybe take a break around 7. And I've just realised that the TV Sheep reveal is on then. Angel
https://forumofgames.com/showthread.php?tid=234

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinim...f=1&nofb=1]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 16-01-2022

What an excellent suggestion!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 16-01-2022

I did it. Just one of those days where I didn't have any motivation but then once I got moving I had a great time. I had three big dogs with me and we met the teeniest, tiniest, little dog you have ever seen. Could have fit her in my pocket and she was chasing my three around like a boss!! It was so funny and cuuuute!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 16-01-2022

Right I need to take this as motivation, get off my behind, put on my shoes and get some exercise!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 16-01-2022

(16-01-2022, 05:37 PM)ari101 Wrote: Right I need to take this as motivation, get off my behind, put on my shoes and get some exercise!

Same here! 
Starting tomorrow   Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 16-01-2022

(16-01-2022, 05:52 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote:
(16-01-2022, 05:37 PM)ari101 Wrote: Right I need to take this as motivation, get off my behind, put on my shoes and get some exercise!

Same here! 
Starting tomorrow   Smile

Haha, well I decided to take the bins out on my way, got as far as the bin room and found some other apartment's keys in the door! No sign of a person.
I've left a note with my number (bin room door and main block door). I assume it was someone heading out who will only find them missing when they get back. Hopefully they have a phone and can call my number when they arrive home to get their keys. Needless to say I'm not heading off for the walk until they claim the keys. If no taker over night I'll organise to pass them off to the caretaker guy tomorrow.

Maybe I should have left them there, I just didn't want an unscrupulous person to find them...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 16-01-2022

Fair play to you@ari101 .
Many people would have just left them there .

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 16-01-2022

I think you did the right thing there @ari101 or someone might have cleared them out! I did that one day, left the keys in the door and I was sick when I realised.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 16-01-2022

(16-01-2022, 07:06 PM)BuileBeag Wrote: or someone might have cleared them out! I did that one day, 

You cleared out someones apartment ? o_O I wouldn't admitting that now on an internet forum.........

*gets coat*

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Tigger - 17-01-2022

(13-01-2022, 02:58 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(13-01-2022, 02:56 PM)ari101 Wrote: It's a senseless act regardless of gender, etc. The circumstances are sympathetic for media attention and some situations just ring true. She was doing what I like to do, walk alone in a nice area (I do it in the local park on paths that wind among the trees), and some nutcase attacked her - maybe he would have attacked whomever he met, but it does make you think twice about your own safety.
It does make you think twice. I used to do a lot of rambling by myself. I think everyone of us needs to be mindful of our surroundings and take care to be safe as best we can no matter our gender.
Men dramatically overestimate their ability to self defense and women don't 
This means that men walk around acting like random cerial killer wouldn't be able and while men are far more likely to be murdered or attacked tebyvact like they won't and aren't .Wmen are far more aware of their vulnerability and so they react to terrible crimes like this with the appropriate amount of terror and worry.

We don't know the details although It dose sound like this was a sexuall attack on poor Aisling. 

Do a practical self defense Couse no matter what your genetallial and while carrying tools  is frowned upon in this country I'd look into it. Can of mace might be illegal but there are some alternatives that aren't . Mini cans of etch primer work just as well but maybe bug spray or spray on plaster might be easier to explain.
Same with the whole knife dilemma. Get a decent pen and in a pinch it's just as pointy as a knife an twice as legal.

You think I'm mental right up to the second someone bigger and stronger than you decides to take out their mental on you and in that second you better have an answer or you are fuck d.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 17-01-2022

Port activity report  ( somewhat tedious followup to @thomil s last post on same. )

So, The Cadets turned up and they were, indeed, put on sentry duty. A couple of days later they sailed. So that left The Roald ( which is still tied up ) and the rather down at heel small ship that was mentioned previously. It is named Ocean Nova  https://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Ocean-Nova-1113  and seems to be no shrinking violet when it comes to pics on the internet.  Maybe alright poking around costal shores in it but I would not fancy being in it on the high seas.

A few days ago The Mexicans parked up where The Germans had been

fiesta

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%2F-tc...f=1&nofb=1]

They do it well 

Rigging illuminated at night - ( sorry those pics are lost in a yoke that has techno-.gremlins .)

Boat tours

Wild music

Lots of happy visitors

Even if it is steel hull & masts the lifeboats look the real McCoy ( they have some modern liferafts too ... so thats OK Smile  )

Lashed rain here today lol!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 17-01-2022

The neighbour reclaimed the key Smile (I understand it is the spare set, he had given it to the GF and she was obviously taking out the bin on her way home). Got my walk in too! Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 17-01-2022

(17-01-2022, 08:19 PM)ari101 Wrote: The neighbour reclaimed the key Smile (I understand it is the spare set, he had given it to the GF and she was obviously taking out the bin on her way home). Got my walk in too! Big Grin

Woohoo!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 18-01-2022

I am no longer the answer to life, the universe and everything!

That's a cryptic way of giving away my age and telling you to say happy birthday to me Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Kol - 18-01-2022

Happy Birthday @E.N.

How does it feel to be 
SpoilerShow Content

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 18-01-2022

Happy Birthday!

I think Kol needs a +1 if you are no longer Wink

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 18-01-2022

Happy birthday EN!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Kol - 18-01-2022

(18-01-2022, 12:20 PM)ari101 Wrote: Happy Birthday!

I think Kol needs a +1 if you are no longer Wink

Didn't want to embarrass him to much!  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 18-01-2022

That extra year makes all the difference Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 18-01-2022

Thanks guys Big Grin

(18-01-2022, 12:35 PM)ari101 Wrote: That extra year makes all the difference Big Grin
Ah sure, at this stage it's all much of a muchness Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 18-01-2022

(18-01-2022, 12:43 PM)E.N. Wrote: Thanks guys Big Grin

(18-01-2022, 12:35 PM)ari101 Wrote: That extra year makes all the difference Big Grin
Ah sure, at this stage it's all much of a muchness Tongue
Happy Birthday EN!! Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 18-01-2022

(18-01-2022, 11:41 AM)E.N. Wrote: I am no longer the answer to life, the universe and everything!

That's a cryptic way of giving away my age and telling you to say happy birthday to me Big Grin

Thank God there are people out there older than me but more immature. ... Tongue

Happy Birthday EN!

(18-01-2022, 01:26 PM)Trigger Wrote: Thank God there are people out there older than me but more immature. ... Tongue
[Image: AccomplishedUnfinishedHoneyeater-max-1mb.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 18-01-2022

Happy Birthday Nitty!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Butty Brennan - 18-01-2022

Happy birthday E.N.
I baked you a cake but I ate it all.  Blush 
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fc2.staticflickr.com%2F8...f=1&nofb=1]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 18-01-2022

(18-01-2022, 01:43 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(18-01-2022, 01:26 PM)Trigger Wrote: Thank God there are people out there older than me but more immature. ... Tongue
[Image: AccomplishedUnfinishedHoneyeater-max-1mb.gif]

Notes from your mammy don't count as evidence Big Grin

(18-01-2022, 01:56 PM)Trigger Wrote: Notes from your mammy don't count as evidence Big Grin

For my birthday, my mum sent me a screenshot of the confirmation that she'd bought me an amazon voucher. I could see it said "click here to access your account to download it" but she hasn't managed that. What chance do I have? Tongue

(18-01-2022, 01:52 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote: Happy birthday E.N.
I baked you a cake but I ate it all.  Blush 
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fc2.staticflickr.com%2F8...f=1&nofb=1]
Thanks, it's the thought that counts!
My three year old is currently decorating my cake, I'm sure it'll look... ummm... great Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 18-01-2022

Happy Birthday EN , you're still only a chizler!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 18-01-2022

Happy Birthday EN. Oh to be 42+1 again...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 18-01-2022

I'll be remaining '38' for a few years Big Grin

My contract is up next week and I thought I might take some time off working, but was still talking to some people. As birthday presents today I got...
- an interview tomorrow
- an interview on Thursday
- asked if want to stay on in my current role

So much for having a break Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 18-01-2022

Happy birthday @E.N.!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 18-01-2022

Happy birthday EN!

Aahh the youth

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 18-01-2022

(18-01-2022, 05:57 PM)E.N. Wrote: My contract is up next week and I thought I might take some time off working, but was still talking to some people. As birthday presents today I got...
- an interview tomorrow
- an interview on Thursday
- asked if want to stay on in my current role

So much for having a break Tongue

Happy birthday, I'm actually not back to work yet after Dad passing. Going to chance it next week hopefully but I shall see nearer the time. Best of luck in the interviews!