A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 12-01-2022

(12-01-2022, 08:44 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 08:42 PM)nothing Wrote: I get like that sometimes, it's like my bones are cold and there's no way to warm up

That's it exactly! 
(Except I'm nearly always cold and wear more layers than an onion)
nothing - when I felt like, soaking in a hot bath was the only thing that would warm me through (sigh, I miss that option now,  but it sure was helpful!)

Mam, have you had your thyroid checked? Classic sign mine is out of whack, when I am shivering under a down duvet, midday in summer temps.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 12-01-2022

Jaysus, we really are a bunch of foggies!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 12-01-2022

Trying to figure out what the fog is going on outside. Main Street has all but disappeared once again, not sure whether I'm in Cork or in Silent Hill pac shock

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 12-01-2022

(12-01-2022, 10:37 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: nothing - when I felt like, soaking in a hot bath was the only thing that would warm me through (sigh, I miss that option now,  but it sure was helpful!)

Mam, have you had your thyroid checked? Classic sign mine is out of whack, when I am shivering under a down duvet, midday in summer temps.

Great description! Deja you just need to sign up for some menopause symptoms, the hot flushes break the freezing cold up nicely pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 12-01-2022

Mammy always said 'cold hands warm heart'
Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 12-01-2022

My feet are often cold but I do experience hot flushes and a sort of sudden clamminess now and again. Dunno. Will get my bloods done soon.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 13-01-2022

(12-01-2022, 11:28 PM)ari101 Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 10:37 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: nothing - when I felt like, soaking in a hot bath was the only thing that would warm me through (sigh, I miss that option now,  but it sure was helpful!)

Great description! Deja you just need to sign up for some menopause symptoms, the hot flushes break the freezing cold up nicely pac

The hot flushes used to make me feel what I assume a normal temperature is pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 13-01-2022

Bored.com here. Still, at least I have menopause to look forward to ... Confused

No fog here, but it's cold and my back and knees do not like it. Anyone have the number of a glue factory handy? Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 13-01-2022

Menopause has it's benefits Big Grin I do dread Summer though, that heatwave last July flummoxed me pac

I've got a probably dried up partially used tube of super glue somewhere if that will do...? Wink

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 13-01-2022

Getting flashbacks to Joe Duffy's menopause phase... pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 13-01-2022

(13-01-2022, 06:32 AM)Barna77 Wrote: Getting flashbacks to Joe Duffy's menopause phase... pac

Joe Duffy had a menopause phase... Teehee, I'm not a fan so I don't listen ever Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 13-01-2022

(13-01-2022, 11:09 AM)ari101 Wrote:
(13-01-2022, 06:32 AM)Barna77 Wrote: Getting flashbacks to Joe Duffy's menopause phase... pac

Joe Duffy had a menopause phase... Teehee, I'm not a fan so I don't listen ever Big Grin

Last spring for some reason his show was a menopause special for about two weeks.

People calling his show get the hot flushes very easily  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 13-01-2022

Another thyroid sufferer here. My meds were increased just before Christmas, the house was apparently a furnace and I was working under a fleece blanket with all the layers on. A sure sign bloods were needed Big Grin

My mam has the same thyroid issues as me. She passes all the fun stuff onto me - like getting my gallbladder removed.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 13-01-2022

I'm finding it so hard to concentrate on anything today thinking about the senseless murder of Ashling Murphy in Tullamore. I can't comprehend it all, in broad daylight too. I feel sick thinking about it.

Parents give us all the fun stuff!

Yes senseless stuff, makes me so angry. I get very obstinate about walking on my own and refusing to be bullied or scared out of normal behaviours. Muireann O'Connell was on Ireland AM talking about things women do or don't do to protect themselves or to avoid be blamed for some man's criminal act. Yes I want to keep myself safe but why should our culture make me think twice about wearing a skirt or walking alone just because I am female Dodgy

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 13-01-2022

I'm the same with walking/travelling alone, feel like "well, why shouldn't I?!"

Coursework has my head melted and my eyes blurry. Think I'll be taking a nap soon!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 13-01-2022

(13-01-2022, 11:38 AM)cee_jay Wrote: I'm finding it so hard to concentrate on anything today thinking about the senseless murder of Ashling Murphy in Tullamore. I can't comprehend it all, in broad daylight too. I feel sick thinking about it.
It's absolutely awful. I've been thinking about her too. It reminds me of the Garda Horkan murder that happened last year. The senseless-ness of it.
And there was a poor lad shot in Dub a few days back. Every day you hear of a new tragedy. 

May Aisling rest in peace.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 13-01-2022

(13-01-2022, 11:57 AM)ari101 Wrote: Parents give us all the fun stuff!

Yes senseless stuff, makes me so angry. I get very obstinate about walking on my own and refusing to be bullied or scared out of normal behaviours. Muireann O'Connell was on Ireland AM talking about things women do or don't do to protect themselves or to avoid be blamed for some man's criminal act. Yes I want to keep myself safe but why should our culture make me think twice about wearing a skirt or walking alone just because I am female Dodgy

Nobody should have to take precautions going for a walk or a jog anywhere. I heard Madigan on about legislation for self defence classes or rape alarms earlier and I just rolled my eyes, it's just more of the same victim blaming shite

The judiciary are not tough enough on domestic violence and sexual assaults, that is the inherent problem, far too many suspended sentences for these animals because of their 'tough upbringing' or something similar.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 13-01-2022

I see poor Aisling's murder as a horrendous crime against a person. Why must it be connected to womens safety? There are people in this world who do horrible things regardless of the who and the where.

It's a senseless act regardless of gender, etc. The circumstances are sympathetic for media attention and some situations just ring true. She was doing what I like to do, walk alone in a nice area (I do it in the local park on paths that wind among the trees), and some nutcase attacked her - maybe he would have attacked whomever he met, but it does make you think twice about your own safety.

(13-01-2022, 02:56 PM)ari101 Wrote: It's a senseless act regardless of gender, etc. The circumstances are sympathetic for media attention and some situations just ring true. She was doing what I like to do, walk alone in a nice area (I do it in the local park on paths that wind among the trees), and some nutcase attacked her - maybe he would have attacked whomever he met, but it does make you think twice about your own safety.
It does make you think twice. I used to do a lot of rambling by myself. I think everyone of us needs to be mindful of our surroundings and take care to be safe as best we can no matter our gender.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 13-01-2022

(13-01-2022, 02:58 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(13-01-2022, 02:56 PM)ari101 Wrote: It's a senseless act regardless of gender, etc. The circumstances are sympathetic for media attention and some situations just ring true. She was doing what I like to do, walk alone in a nice area (I do it in the local park on paths that wind among the trees), and some nutcase attacked her - maybe he would have attacked whomever he met, but it does make you think twice about your own safety.
It does make you think twice. I used to do a lot of rambling by myself. I think everyone of us needs to be mindful of our surroundings and take care to be safe as best we can no matter our gender.

That's what's so sad about all of this . Most people,  regardless of gender,  are very safety conscious these days and try not put themselves in danger . Which is exactly what this poor girl did , jogging in broad daylight in a public area  which we all assume wouldbe safe .. ... We teach our kids as best we can , ways to protect themselves and to try avoid dangerous situations,  not wanting to imagine such acts of horror could randomly happen to them .

Evil has no boundaries nor limits to deter a perpetrator from committing horrendous  acts .

(13-01-2022, 05:29 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote:
(13-01-2022, 02:58 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: It does make you think twice. I used to do a lot of rambling by myself. I think everyone of us needs to be mindful of our surroundings and take care to be safe as best we can no matter our gender.

That's what's so sad about all of this . Most people,  regardless of gender,  are very safety conscious these days and try not put themselves in danger . Which is exactly what this poor girl did , jogging in broad daylight in a public area  which we all assume wouldbe safe .. ... We teach our kids as best we can , ways to protect themselves and to try avoid dangerous situations,  not wanting to imagine such acts of horror could randomly happen to them .

Evil has no boundaries nor limits to deter a perpetrator from committing horrendous  acts .
Yes indeed. God love her Mam Sad
I can't get my head around it all.

(13-01-2022, 05:39 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(13-01-2022, 05:29 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: That's what's so sad about all of this . Most people,  regardless of gender,  are very safety conscious these days and try not put themselves in danger . Which is exactly what this poor girl did , jogging in broad daylight in a public area  which we all assume wouldbe safe .. ... We teach our kids as best we can , ways to protect themselves and to try avoid dangerous situations,  not wanting to imagine such acts of horror could randomly happen to them .

Yes indeed. God love her Mam Sad
I can't get my head around it all.

Your heart would break for her family and friends, now and in the days, months and years ahead , even with support in place . 
I think we are all shocked by it Dof ..

Couldn't decide what I wanted for dinner , so threw two chicken curry pastry slices into the oven . Cheap and cheerful Dunne Stores finest pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 13-01-2022

(13-01-2022, 08:11 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: Couldn't decide what I wanted for dinner , so threw two chicken curry pastry slices into the oven . Cheap and cheerful Dunne Stores finest pac

I had egg mayo sandwiches!

(13-01-2022, 08:11 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: Couldn't decide what I wanted for dinner , so threw two chicken curry pastry slices into the oven . Cheap and cheerful Dunne Stores finest pac
Neo and me were just talking about them! He got ones in Lidl and I was asking if there were any left. There not Big Grin

@nothing , love egg mayo sandwiches!
@Diamonds of Frost , never tried the ones from Lidl, will half to wait until April to get them pac
(Lidl here under renovation )

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 13-01-2022

Can someone explain the Posting Freak thing to me please? 

Is it some kind of kinky club no one has invited me to  Sad

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 13-01-2022

(13-01-2022, 10:40 PM)Spears Wrote: Can someone explain the Posting Freak thing to me please? 

Is it some kind of kinky club no one has invited me to  Sad

Yes, we all enjoy dogging.

Big Grin If you don't have a custom tag under your tag you will have one based on post count, Newbie up to Posting Freak

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 13-01-2022

(13-01-2022, 10:43 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Yes, we all enjoy dogging.

Big Grin If you don't have a custom tag under your tag you will have one based on post count, Newbie up to Posting Freak

Ooops. And there was me getting a bit excited 

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 14-01-2022

(13-01-2022, 10:43 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(13-01-2022, 10:40 PM)Spears Wrote: Can someone explain the Posting Freak thing to me please? 

FYI

[Image: 8zr3aG4.png]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 14-01-2022

If anyone wants to suggest different names for the various levels feel free to fire them into housekeeping and we can take a look. The ones there currently are the default options. And you can always have your own custom one if you go to your own User CP.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ShaneU - 14-01-2022

You love to see it

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 14-01-2022

Anyone who spends $3.5m on feckin' Pokemon cards deserves to be scammed.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 14-01-2022

Tbf he got the money back and this is all a publicity stunt.. worked too, ye are talking about it pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 14-01-2022

who has 3.5 mil ? and for trivial nonsense! (mind blown)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 14-01-2022

I've made some chicken wings, tv is lined up for the evening, and course work is being ignored until tomorrow. Woooo for the weekend

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Butty Brennan - 14-01-2022

(14-01-2022, 02:52 PM)Trigger Wrote: Tbf he got the money back and this is all a publicity stunt.. worked too, ye are talking about it pac
I saw a video on Youtube about how they have recently created an artificial financial bubble around old video games, paying tens of thousands for old NES titles. It's just a scam at the end of the day.
It sounds like the bubble has burst and now they are doing the same thing with Pokemon cards. 
That lads name sounds familiar too, I'm not sure but I thnk he might have been involved in the games bubble.
If I find the video I'll post it.

edit: I found it, that Logan Paul lad wasn't involved. It was in fact millions the games were selling for! It's crazy that people have been pulling this same scam for years, they just change the product.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 16-01-2022

I'm sitting drinking a giant mug of tea. I have a 10k trek planned with the dogs but can I find the motivation to get moving? Nah. 
Anyone free to come round and give me a kick up the arse, maybe scream in my face boot camp style? 

Laziness did I ever offend thee? No, but I always attend thee.