A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 30-12-2021

[Image: th?id=OIP.fqCzy8AdOCnaXHfX94h-jwHaG0&pid...=196&h=182]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 30-12-2021

(30-12-2021, 12:17 AM)jp liz v1 Wrote: [Image: th?id=OIP.fqCzy8AdOCnaXHfX94h-jwHaG0&pid...=196&h=182]
Meet your sister  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 30-12-2021

Didn't get any call after today's test, so I'm guessing that's good news.

Met a friend and we've been drinking all afternoon and evening. It felt good to have some "normal" life back

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 30-12-2021

(24-12-2021, 01:13 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(24-12-2021, 12:20 PM)Spears Wrote: I can't understand anyone getting a trolley full of shopping so close to xmas. 

When did the double scratcher hit pockets?

Ah I hadn't even thought about that!

I'm not sure when that payment was made but it could have been the reason actually. I feel bad for judging now Sad

I still stand by getting little things in bit by bit over the weeks before xmas if you can. 

I even bought and cooked my ham, cabbage and turnip the week before xmas and froze it. Mostly because I only wanted to get small things any time I needed to go into a shop. 

But I always freeze my leftovers anyway and it tastes exactly the same, so it made no difference to me that it was coming out of the freezer for xmas day Tongue . Made it easier as I only had to cook mash, sprouts and fresh carrots.

Everything else was flung into the oven- turkey, stuffing, croquettes, yorkshires...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 30-12-2021

(29-12-2021, 10:18 PM)E.N. Wrote: We got chipper tonight Confused
Went to the zoo today, which was cool but knackering, so didn't have the energy to cook

I've counterbalanced it by just making my first ever steak marinade though, I feel like this is a new stage of manhood! They'll have the best part of 24hrs in some Worcestershire sauce, mustard, rosemary and truffle oil. They'd better be good!
Oh I think I'll take a trip to the zoo soon myself Smile

& erm.. I went to an all you can eat buffet yesterday!  Confused

Big Grin Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 30-12-2021

Was this site down for anyone else last night late?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 30-12-2021

(29-12-2021, 10:18 PM)E.N. Wrote: I've counterbalanced it by just making my first ever steak marinade though, I feel like this is a new stage of manhood! They'll have the best part of 24hrs in some Worcestershire sauce, mustard, rosemary and truffle oil. They'd better be good!
Well that was crap. Bloody Jamie Oliver can do one!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 30-12-2021

(30-12-2021, 08:22 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(29-12-2021, 10:18 PM)E.N. Wrote: I've counterbalanced it by just making my first ever steak marinade though, I feel like this is a new stage of manhood! They'll have the best part of 24hrs in some Worcestershire sauce, mustard, rosemary and truffle oil. They'd better be good!

Bummer. He can be a let down about half the time.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 30-12-2021

Can't stand that Jamie Oliver lad.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 30-12-2021

You can give me Delia Smith any time
I like her recipes too...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 30-12-2021

(30-12-2021, 09:37 PM)dawg Wrote: You can give me Delia Smith any time
I like her recipies too...

Ramsey for me, mmm mmm.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 30-12-2021

(30-12-2021, 10:28 PM)nothing Wrote: .
Ramsey for me, mmm mmm.
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 31-12-2021

(30-12-2021, 09:18 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Can't stand that Jamie Oliver lad.

Yes I find him pompous

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 31-12-2021

(30-12-2021, 08:22 PM)E.N. Wrote:
I'm not a fan of rosemary at all, but rosemary and mustard together sounds like a nightmare.

You really only have yourself to blame here I'm afraid. Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 31-12-2021

(31-12-2021, 02:57 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(30-12-2021, 08:22 PM)E.N. Wrote: Well that was crap. Bloody Jamie Oliver can do one!
I'm not a fan of rosemary at all, but rosemary and mustard together sounds like a nightmare.

Oi Angry

We've already established it was Jamie Oliver's fault! Tongue

It was actually the Worcestershire sauce. I really like it but there was far too much in this recipe, it was really overpowering

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Butty Brennan - 31-12-2021

(31-12-2021, 11:10 AM)E.N. Wrote:
(31-12-2021, 02:57 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I'm not a fan of rosemary at all, but rosemary and mustard together sounds like a nightmare.

Oi  Angry

We've already established it was Jamie Oliver's fault! Tongue

It was actually the Worcestershire sauce. I really like it but there was far too much in this recipe, it was really overpowering
Now come clean E.N. Did somebody mix up their tablespoons with their teaspoons? Wink

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 31-12-2021

(31-12-2021, 02:30 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote: ...
Now come clean E.N. Did somebody mix up their tablespoons with their teaspoons? Wink

This has the makings of a new chain game....'Fake Recipes'

Anyone for a coleslaw chocolate eclair ?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 31-12-2021

Why do all our conversations lead to food?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 31-12-2021

Happy New Year, hope 2022 is great for everyone

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 31-12-2021

Happy New Year to you too Liz , and to everyone here .

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 31-12-2021

Happy New year FoGgies!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 31-12-2021

Probably something that @thomil will know all about...

What is the storey with this yoke

and ( if it is not a rude question ) what exactly does Gorch Foch  mean   Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Irish Aris - 31-12-2021

Happy New Year from Greece guys!!! We're already in 2022 here!! Wishing you all health, happiness and positive energy!!!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 01-01-2022

Happy New year from the past!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 01-01-2022

Happy New Year folks. My son broke my heart today but in the most beautiful way, walked in on him sitting with a picture of his Grandad watching TV

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 01-01-2022

(31-12-2021, 10:13 PM)dawg Wrote: Probably something that @thomil will know all about...

What is the storey with this yoke

and ( if it is not a rude question ) what exactly does Gorch Foch  mean   Tongue

Well, it's not a rude message for starters  Big Grin

Gorch Fock is the sail training vessel of the Federal German Navy. She's attached to the Naval Academy in Mürwik, near the city of Flensburg in Northern Germany and all prospective naval officers have to serve a full tour on her as part of their training, regardless of which part of the navy they end up serving in. Her name is actually the pen name of Johann Kienau, a Northern German author of the early 20th century who went down with the cruiser SMS Wiesbaden at the Battle of Jutland in 1916.

May I ask where and when you spotted her? The last I'd heard she was in dry dock for a massive repair and refit, whilst at the same time, there was a lot of political pressure to have her scrapped due to the extensive cost of said refit.

EDIT: I actually just noticed that she's flying the Spanish flag on her starboard side as a courtesy flag. Was that picture taken in Spain by any chance?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 01-01-2022

Happy New Year everyone Big Grin

May it be a good one for all of you, God knows you deserve it!!!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 01-01-2022

Thanks nothing, and Happy New Year back at you and to all the lovely FoGers!
A New Year with new possibilites and hope for us all!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 01-01-2022

@Necro , your son with the pic of your father , is the most precious and beautiful image .

Happy New Year Fogies , may it be a better one for all of us x

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - aaronjennings - 01-01-2022

Happy New Year, everyone Smile

Here's hoping for a better year than before

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 01-01-2022

[Image: e9b6291af8aca439428610a26ce8950d.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Purple Mountain - 01-01-2022

@Necro the picture of your little guy with his grandad, just perfect!
Sometimes you could just melt with pride from things they do.
My own guy went off shopping this year and got me Xmas presents with his own money. They were actually lovely gifts but one was a Cadbury bar of chocolate with "Mum" on the wrapper (Christmas novelty). It was so simple but yet so cute.
You and @Necrina gave a good lad there!
May all of FOG have a healthy and happy 2022 and hoping we can push past these rubbish days and burst into spring like baby lambs with a new freedom!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 01-01-2022

Belated Happy New Year to all you wonderful Fogers

@Necro, get that picture printed !

Did you ever notice that its always the great pictures that get swallowed when the bit muncher comes out of his black hole ?  Sad

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 01-01-2022

(01-01-2022, 01:02 AM)thomil Wrote: ...
Gorch Fock is the sail training vessel of the Federal German Navy...
Thats very interesting.  Its a bit like The Asgard was to Ireland  ( except that it wasnt replaced after it sank )

Its great that the refit did go ahead ( I'm tempted to have a rant about politicians in countries with large numbers of old people being able to find money for old people projects but hardly ever for stuff for the young - they know where their votes come from Sad )

That ship has been tied up at Santa Cruz de Tenerife for a good few days now.  There is a small area of the port given over to things that float but are not 1:ferries 2:freighters 3:yachts. The area also has a thing that looks like a small tug but seems to be to do with seismic activity  ( La Palma related ? ) and also a rather suspect looking down-at-heel boat  little ship claiming to be registered un Bermuda.

I actually just checked out the German Navy's website and apparently, she's in Santa Cruz awaiting her first load of cadets following being recommissioned after her refit. The class is supposed to board on January 3rd and the ship is slated to leave on her training cruise in Mid-January after an initial work-up period for those new cadets. She's expected back in Germany in late March.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 01-01-2022

Happy New Year FoGers. 

@Necro what a touching moment to capture. 

Hopefully 2022 will be kinder to us all.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ShaneU - 01-01-2022

Just noticed that Werewolves Within movie was added to Netflix today. If it was anything like the last werewolf game I played on here all the women would kill me off instantly for looking at them wrong lol

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 01-01-2022

(01-01-2022, 05:53 PM)ShaneU Wrote: Just noticed that Werewolves Within movie was added to Netflix today. If it was anything like the last werewolf game I played on here all the women would kill me off instantly for looking at them wrong lol

Is that the one the trailer was put up on boards?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ShaneU - 01-01-2022

(01-01-2022, 06:21 PM)nothing Wrote:
(01-01-2022, 05:53 PM)ShaneU Wrote: Just noticed that Werewolves Within movie was added to Netflix today. If it was anything like the last werewolf game I played on here all the women would kill me off instantly for looking at them wrong lol

Is that the one the trailer was put up on boards?

It was either here or boards can't remember

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 01-01-2022

Excellent! Will defo be watching it this week