A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 24-12-2021

(24-12-2021, 10:59 AM)Strawberry Milkshake Wrote: Hey all!

I’m obviously Mrs Organised 2021! I went to Asda and M&S last Saturday and stocked up on booze, biccies, the ready made veg, dessert, even bread. Into the freezer they went. I’d ordered the turkey, ham and sausagemeat from the butcher so collected that yesterday.

All I have to do is grab milk and cream in the local spar shop when I do the lotto!

That's the thing strawberry, I can't understand anyone getting a trolley full of shopping so close to xmas. Ideally you should be picking up most things bit by bit, and only needing a basket of bread, milk and maybe fresh fruit on xmas eve. Stroll around, and maybe get a coffee afterwards. 

The thoughts of queuing like that for hours, only to be battered over a bag of sprouts lol, then having to go home and put on a Santa suit til all hours  Sad . 

I wouldn't put that kind of pressure on myself. I'm sitting on my hole for the day working my way through the xmas treats  Smile

Don't forget your lovely friends here when you hit the jackpot  Wink

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 24-12-2021

I have everything in bar the fresh stuff a week or 2 in advance, then it's only fruit, veg, milk and bread etc on Christmas week. I don't cook Christmas dinner though so much easier for me than others. Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 24-12-2021

I did my non perishables two weeks ago. I cook the dinner in my Dad's, which is hours away from my own place, so it requires planning as he never has any of the stuff I'd need. I did my last few bits of fresh stuff yesterday, made another batch of mince pies this morning and have just had one with cream for late breakfast! Going on a drive by Secret Santa drop off in the afternoon Big Grin which we do amongst a few friends locally. Probably make the stuffing shortly so I'm not stressing when it comes to Xmas Paint Reveal time at 6pm Big Grin Happy last prep day everyone!!! pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 24-12-2021

(24-12-2021, 11:19 AM)Necro Wrote: Happy Christmas everyone. Will be a tough one here with Dad gone but the kids will get us all through, they have been brill and an amazing distraction. Funeral was yesterday and he had an amazing send off from the community. My panto castmates did a guard of honour for him which he would have been chuffed about. Mind you he would probably be giving out to us all about all the fuss pac

Sorry to hear about your dad, commiserations to you and all your family.
Glad he could get the send off he deserved in these times.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 24-12-2021

(24-12-2021, 12:20 PM)Spears Wrote:
(24-12-2021, 10:59 AM)Strawberry Milkshake Wrote: Hey all!

I’m obviously Mrs Organised 2021! I went to Asda and M&S last Saturday and stocked up on booze, biccies, the ready made veg, dessert, even bread. Into the freezer they went. I’d ordered the turkey, ham and sausagemeat from the butcher so collected that yesterday.

All I have to do is grab milk and cream in the local spar shop when I do the lotto!

That's the thing strawberry, I can't understand anyone getting a trolley full of shopping so close to xmas. Ideally you should be picking up most things bit by bit, and only needing a basket of bread, milk and maybe fresh fruit on xmas eve. Stroll around, and maybe get a coffee afterwards. 

The thoughts of queuing like that for hours, only to be battered over a bag of sprouts lol, then having to go home and put on a Santa suit til all hours  Sad . 

I wouldn't put that kind of pressure on myself. I'm sitting on my hole for the day working my way through the xmas treats  Smile

Don't forget your lovely friends here when you hit the jackpot  Wink

When did the double scratcher hit pockets?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 24-12-2021

(24-12-2021, 10:58 AM)Trigger Wrote:
(24-12-2021, 10:53 AM)Spears Wrote: I actually can't tell if your taking the piss or not.

I kinda believe it though Big Grin Big Grin

Nope, it's true pac I live across the road.. cars were parking on the footpaths in the estate blocking houses n all.  Estate management was getting cars towed if they were on the paths or blocking house entrances.  Think 4 or 5 cars were towed
That's mad !

Sorry to hear about your dad Necro

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 24-12-2021

(24-12-2021, 10:05 AM)Butty Brennan Wrote: The alcohol laws are a pita. You get in to do your shopping early in the morning to beat the crowds but it's all pointless, you have to come back to face the mayhem later in the day anyway because you're not allowed buy any flipping drink. Angry

Flip off whoever came up with the law originally (VFI had a lot to do with it I would guess). When did you ever see hordes of chronic alcoholics descending on shops to stock up on booze first thing in the morning before the law was in place? Dodgy

Opening hours in the licensing laws haven't changed in years, I don't remember ever being able to buy drink before 10.30am.  As for alcoholics being there early, well my former brother in law was spotted leaving a Tesco with a bottle of vodka at 10.35 one morning, so if they're determined enough they'll be there early.  It's the stupidly early closing time for off licences is the issue imo.  Why you can't buy booze to take home when the pubs are still open (under normal circumstances) is beyond me.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 24-12-2021

Picked up my beef, some sausages & rashers, milk and coleslaw, so I don't need to leave the house til mid next week I reckon! Woowoo!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 24-12-2021

Sorry about your Dad Necro. The kids will help pull ye through the dark moments.

Happy Christmas Eve Folks☺
Another here who buys in the extra bits in the weeks before Christmas. Just had to go out before nine for fresh bread and firelighters, that was it .

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Butty Brennan - 24-12-2021

(24-12-2021, 10:46 AM)Spears Wrote:
(24-12-2021, 10:05 AM)Butty Brennan Wrote: The alcohol laws are a pita. You get in to do your shopping early in the morning to beat the crowds but it's all pointless, you have to come back to face the mayhem later in the day anyway because you're not allowed buy any flipping drink. Angry

Flip off whoever came up with the law originally (VFI had a lot to do with it I would guess). When did you ever see hordes of chronic alcoholics descending on shops to stock up on booze first thing in the morning before the law was in place? Dodgy

Ah jaysus Butty, would you not have been on the ball the last couple of days or weeks and stocked up on the goodies without leaving it til the madness of xmas eve? 

I had to go out yesterday and the day before, but I'm not going near a shop today. whatever I have in at the minute, is what i'll be sticking with.
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn11.bigcommerce.com%2...f=1&nofb=1]
Tongue
I just had to get the bird and a few bits earlier and it wasn't really too bad. I think it was way crazier yesterday, and generally today it was a vibe ofpeace and goodwill,  Angel people letting other people go ahead of them at the tills and letting people away at junctions an the like of that.
I also saw a little girl do an impromptu jig on the street from excitement which made me happy. Big Grin

That sprout riot story must be a joke shock That makes me think of the scene in Father Ted where Mrs Doyle and her friend are battering each over who will pay for the lunch Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 24-12-2021

@Necro I'm so very sorry for the loss of your dad Necro Sad My condolences to all of you x

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 24-12-2021

(24-12-2021, 11:19 AM)Necro Wrote: Happy Christmas everyone. Will be a tough one here with Dad gone but the kids will get us all through, they have been brill and an amazing distraction. Funeral was yesterday and he had an amazing send off from the community. My panto castmates did a guard of honour for him which he would have been chuffed about. Mind you he would probably be giving out to us all about all the fuss pac
That guard of honour sounds amazing. Things like that can make funerals an uplifting thing, when you see the love from that many people. I had similar for my granda when all the local gaa teams kitted out and gave him a guard of honour, I still well up thinking about it, it's a source of great pride to me. But like you, I know he'd have said it was a lot of fuss Tongue

Christmas wishes to you mate. I can't imagine how tough it will be but I hope you get to enjoy family time as best as you can

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Purple Mountain - 24-12-2021

Ah @Necro and @Necrina I'm sorry for your loss

Big hugs to you both and the little ones.
Rest in Peace Daddy Necro. X

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 25-12-2021

Downstairs neighbours having a party, next doors kids still running around, have no dinner prep done but the kitchen is in a reasonable state to start on it tomorrow. Just going to set up my presents and get into xmas pjs and then I can sleep until whenever the noise of neighbours wakes me

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 25-12-2021

(25-12-2021, 01:53 AM)nothing Wrote: Downstairs neighbours having a party, next doors kids still running around, have no dinner prep done but the kitchen is in a reasonable state to start on it tomorrow. Just going to set up my presents and get into xmas pjs and then I can sleep until whenever the noise of neighbours wakes me
The excitement of the kids, I remember it well   Smile Do you have many to cook for nothing?

I'm down home with daddy. Wide awake. Popped my nose in to Boards and got irrationally mad so left again.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 25-12-2021

Just for me, so really there's no pressure.

The neighbours have started their revenge music for last night's party, so may as well get up myself shortly.

Hope santy came to ye all! Merry Christmas!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 26-12-2021

(25-12-2021, 03:13 AM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Popped my nose in to Boards and got irrationally mad so left again.

I rarely look into Boards anymore. But there's a few names that I do miss seeing their posts  Sad 

Also miss Omackeral and his games. I wonder does he ever have a nosey in here at all

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - TheValeyard - 26-12-2021

Hope ye had a great Christmas folks. Wishing ye all the best

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - TheValeyard - 26-12-2021

Sorry about the loss Neco. Hope ye are all doing well

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 27-12-2021

Just had bubble and squeak with ham and cabbage.
Fried egg (with a crispy bottom)
Avacado
(also with one sausage that I didn't eat)

Cup of coffee with whipped cream (number 3 of the morning)

was fekin delish  Tongue 

Gonna take it easy on the dinner tonight though and just make some veg soup and soda bread

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Butty Brennan - 27-12-2021

(27-12-2021, 10:39 AM)Spears Wrote: Just had bubble and squeak with ham and cabbage.
Fried egg (with a crispy bottom)
Avacado
(also with one sausage that I didn't eat)

Cup of coffee with whipped cream (number 3 of the morning)

was fekin delish  Tongue 

Gonna take it easy on the dinner tonight though and just make some veg soup and soda bread
I had crisps for breakfast. Like you my stomach is starting to beg for mercy 'gimme some normal healthy food please'. Sad

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 27-12-2021

(27-12-2021, 11:38 AM)Butty Brennan Wrote: I had crisps for breakfast. Like you my stomach is starting to beg for mercy 'gimme some normal healthy food please'. Sad
Big Grin

I'm dying for some crisps Butty!

That's the real reason i'm having soup later, because I've had so much dinner the last few days, and haven't had the stomach for any treats.

So this evening I shall dine, a la Crispee   Cool

Most likely will be chillli heatwave Dorito's  Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 27-12-2021

(25-12-2021, 10:28 AM)nothing Wrote: Just for me, so really there's no pressure.

The neighbours have started their revenge music for last night's party, so may as well get up myself shortly.

Were you by yourself for Christmas? Sad Although I totally understand how that is preferable for many people. It used to be my preference.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 27-12-2021

(27-12-2021, 03:20 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(25-12-2021, 10:28 AM)nothing Wrote: Just for me, so really there's no pressure.

Were you by yourself for Christmas? Sad Although I totally understand how that is preferable for many people. It used to be my preference.

I was, much prefer it that way. Family are all in another county, and when I go up, I stay with my 89 year old COPD suffering nana, and we both agreed we didn't want me to kill her pac

I had some lovely presents from friends to open on the day (always save them) and had a very tasty dinner, had the tv to myself, and even took a few days off from course work to really relax. Was chatting to the important people too. I'm not really into Christmas in general, so for me it's just another day, but with some nicer food, some gifts and tv specials Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - xPawsx - 27-12-2021

Hello lads, how are we?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 27-12-2021

Welcome xPawsx! Still in the food coma I think Wink Happy Christmas Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 27-12-2021

Definitely still in a food coma!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 28-12-2021

Forgot to take one of my meds last night, was awake until 6am, not feeling like a functioning human today

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - xPawsx - 28-12-2021

(27-12-2021, 10:02 PM)ari101 Wrote: Welcome xPawsx! Still in the food coma I think Wink Happy Christmas Smile

Ah thanks. Happy Christmas Smile

Just sitting waiting to take off back to England now

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 28-12-2021

(28-12-2021, 06:28 PM)xPawsx Wrote:
(27-12-2021, 10:02 PM)ari101 Wrote: Welcome xPawsx! Still in the food coma I think Wink Happy Christmas Smile

Ah thanks. Happy Christmas Smile

Airport busy?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - xPawsx - 28-12-2021

(28-12-2021, 06:30 PM)nothing Wrote:
(28-12-2021, 06:28 PM)xPawsx Wrote: Ah thanks. Happy Christmas Smile

Airport busy?

Fairly busy but thought it was going to be worse. 

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 28-12-2021

The glutton fest here continues  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 29-12-2021

All the Christmas food I've been feasting on, and all I'm craving for days is a bloody takeaway pizza!!   Cry

Maybe NewYears day I'll get my fix  Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Butty Brennan - 29-12-2021

(29-12-2021, 11:22 AM)Spears Wrote: All the Christmas food I've been feasting on, and all I'm craving for days is a bloody takeaway pizza!!   Cry

pac Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 29-12-2021

(29-12-2021, 11:22 AM)Spears Wrote: All the Christmas food I've been feasting on, and all I'm craving for days is a bloody takeaway pizza!!   Cry

I have been eating so badly Sad Been ages since I had a bit of fruit. And I have an awful body image. I went through my wedding photos and was struck by how critical I was of myself in them Sad Wish I had more acceptance of my physical self  Sad

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 29-12-2021

(29-12-2021, 02:15 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote:

pac Tongue
 At this rate I think I'd go with the 5second rule there  Big Grin

(29-12-2021, 06:09 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:

I have been eating so badly Sad Been ages since I had a bit of fruit. And I have an awful body image. I went through my wedding photos and was struck by how critical I was of myself in them Sad Wish I had more acceptance of my physical self  Sad
Awh diamonds, I think we can be too hard on ourselves sometimes. I'm sure it's hard for you to feel that way looking at your pics and thinking you don't look your best.
But I imagine you still had a fantastic day, & your now happily married, and that's all that matters  Heart .

It's been a tough two years for everyone aswel. I try not to sweat about those kind of things at the minute. I'm still very much feeling like life is just too fekin short, and I'm gonna role with anything that makes me happy at the minute. 

A few extra pounds, on myself anyway, will be worth it  Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 29-12-2021

We got chipper tonight Confused
Went to the zoo today, which was cool but knackering, so didn't have the energy to cook

I've counterbalanced it by just making my first ever steak marinade though, I feel like this is a new stage of manhood! They'll have the best part of 24hrs in some Worcestershire sauce, mustard, rosemary and truffle oil. They'd better be good!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 29-12-2021

2022 better be a good year

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 29-12-2021

(29-12-2021, 11:00 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: 2022 better be a good year
It will be  Shy