A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 22-12-2021

Was having a lovely nap until the building fire alarm started going off

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 22-12-2021

(22-12-2021, 11:57 AM)Neowise Wrote:
(22-12-2021, 11:00 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote: That could be a stye on your eyelid, Diamonds. Do pick it or you'll spread it. Call into a chemist and ask them, then buy a lipstick.

I'm in work alternately trying to look busy and hide.

bet there is a typo here. Get you fingers out of your eyes frostie. Dont be picking at it.
Oops! Yep, I meant don't.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 22-12-2021

Pubs are closed at 8. Sake.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 22-12-2021

(22-12-2021, 03:20 PM)nothing Wrote: Was having a lovely nap until the building fire alarm started going off

My worst ever was they happened to be doing the quarterly testing on a day I had to give myself an injection... I struggle at the best of times with jumping when alarms go off, and let's not even talk about self administered stabbie stabbies, but f* me the alarm went off just as I was doing it ... My poor thigh was black and blue for about 3 weeks and I was completely traumatised pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 22-12-2021

(22-12-2021, 05:57 PM)ari101 Wrote:
(22-12-2021, 03:20 PM)nothing Wrote: Was having a lovely nap until the building fire alarm started going off

My worst ever was they happened to be doing the quarterly testing on a day I had to give myself an injection... I struggle at the best of times with jumping when alarms go off, and let's not even talk about self administered stabbie stabbies, but f* me the alarm went off just as I was doing it ... My poor thigh was black and blue for about 3 weeks and I was completely traumatised pac

Jaysus, my nap interruption has nothing on that!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Kol - 22-12-2021

(22-12-2021, 04:39 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Pubs are closed at 8. Sake.
Bummer indeed, especially when you're usually only getting up around that time!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 22-12-2021

Here in the US omicron is rampant and people  behave like normal. Bars packed, crowds everywhere. I've been asked for proof of vaccination only twice, and don't even try showing a qr code......

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 22-12-2021

Alarms turned off, house clean and glass of wine poured. Let the festivities commence!

Got completely overwhelmed today and hit panic paralysis, so trying to go easy on myself with some tea and goodies

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 22-12-2021

@nothing , do what you need to do to help yourself feel a little better .
Sons go to after a massive panic attack was carbs.
Hope tomorrow is a better day for you .

Thanks @Mam of 4

Just want to sort the kitchen tomorrow so I can cook on Friday without annoying myself. Have given up on getting any other part of the house sorted

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 22-12-2021

(22-12-2021, 10:13 PM)nothing Wrote: Thanks @Mam of 4

Just want to sort the kitchen tomorrow so I can cook on Friday without annoying myself. Have given up on getting any other part of the house sorted

Don't worry about the rest of the house , just do the kitchen  .
Believe me , I think a lot of us at some point have just fecked stuff into presses and rooms and closed the doors so no one sees it until we can get to it ! 

We put too much pressure on ourselves at times .

The housework will wait for you @nothing, don't stress about it.

That's so true. I haven't the headspace for a full on clean up/tidy up at the moment. Kitchen only will be good enough.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 23-12-2021

(22-12-2021, 06:10 PM)Kol Wrote:
Bummer indeed, especially when you're usually only getting up around that time!
How very dare you!! That is a slanderous accusation. I'll have you know I arise a approximately 6.50pm which gives me plenty of time to get in a drink or two.
Tongue  Big Grin

@Mam of 4 You're right about the cleaning. It's something that can wait when we're not feeling our best. I know that sometimes self care can be about having a nice tidy space and the making of it says 'Im worth a clean room/house'.

But I think that the opposite also applies. Self care can be saying 'not today because I need to rest and not worry about cleaning'. And you'll know which is the right approach for you.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 23-12-2021

Won't be on much over the next few days, so want to take this opportunity to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and here's to a great 2022.

Thanks to every one of ye that have made FOG the brilliant community that it is.

Stay safe and keep gaming!

[Image: 4H7n.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Kol - 23-12-2021

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year @Trigger Enjoy it mate.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 23-12-2021

I have survived the supermarket shop. I went in early and it was like a normal day.

Apologies to @ShaneU. Tongue

Happy Christmas @Trigger, your next one will by in your new home!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 23-12-2021

Many happy returns @Trigger, I hope you and your family have a great Christmas.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ShaneU - 23-12-2021

Which one were you @Leg End Reject  Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 23-12-2021

Holy moly!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 23-12-2021

I'm not a Dub! Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 23-12-2021

Wowser

I went to lidl in Naas and it was grand pac

Took the car in for a service this morning and was stuck with nothing much to do near some car garages, so I took some new electric cars out for test drives, they're very cool! Don't think we can afford them, even though we do need a new car this year, but it was a fun way to spend the morning Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 23-12-2021

@Trigger , Merry Christmas to you and yours ☺

It feels like a Friday night I think !

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 23-12-2021

(23-12-2021, 05:58 PM)E.N. Wrote: Wowser

I went to lidl in Naas and it was grand pac

Took the car in for a service this morning and was stuck with nothing much to do near some car garages, so I took some new electric cars out for test drives, they're very cool! Don't think we can afford them, even though we do need a new car this year, but it was a fun way to spend the morning Tongue
I really really want one, but haven't gone for a test drive yet as I know I will be like "take all my money!"
my car is 12 years old, but we don't drive it enough to justify it... But I want one.... But I don't need one... But I want one. Big Grin
What did you test drive?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 23-12-2021

(23-12-2021, 08:45 PM)cee_jay Wrote: I really really want one, but haven't gone for a test drive yet as I know I will be like "take all my money!"
my car is 12 years old, but we don't drive it enough to justify it... But I want one.... But I don't need one... But I want one. Big Grin
What did you test drive?
Ha ha, similar! We need a new car when the wee man goes up to the next car seat, it won't fit behind my driving position as I'm quite tall

I took out the Skoda Enyaq and the VW id4. Both very nice cars, but I definitely preferred the Enyaq. The acceleration is incredible, from standing or at any speed. Both just a really smooth drive. More road noise than I thought, but still very quiet compared to a regular car.

It was a fun morning, but now I'm trying to justify the price to myself... and my wife Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 24-12-2021

(23-12-2021, 04:50 PM)ShaneU Wrote: Which one were you @Leg End Reject  Tongue

That is bonkers!  shock

After all the queuing, you probably wouldn't even get half the stuff you need  Sad

Reminds me of queuing for Tesco at the start of corona. queue started all the way outside the car park, then few layers inside the shopping center ground floor. Then I thought once we went up the escalator we'd walk straight into in Tesco. but no, another queuing system outside the front of the store!

I haven't the patience for that.

Stared shopping in Iceland coz they never had any queues. Bought any aul crap that I could lol. & was happy with life not having to queue like that again  Cool

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 24-12-2021

I did some booze grocery shopping this afternoon  and the store was quite busy but nothing like that!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 24-12-2021

(24-12-2021, 07:07 AM)Spears Wrote:
(23-12-2021, 04:50 PM)ShaneU Wrote: Which one were you @Leg End Reject  Tongue

That is bonkers!  shock

After all the queuing, you probably wouldn't even get half the stuff you need  Sad

Reminds me of queuing for Tesco at the start of corona. queue started all the way outside the car park, then few layers inside the shopping center ground floor. Then I thought once we went up the escalator we'd walk straight into in Tesco. but no, another queuing system outside the front of the store!

I haven't the patience for that.

Stared shopping in Iceland coz they never had any queues. Bought any aul crap that I could lol. & was happy with life not having to queue like that again  Cool
I was at the hairdresser yesterday and she said her boyfriend was there with his Mam yesterday. He went to join the checkout queue with an empty trolley, while she went back and forth to get the stuff they needed. I really wouldn't have the patience for that!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Butty Brennan - 24-12-2021

The alcohol laws are a pita. You get in to do your shopping early in the morning to beat the crowds but it's all pointless, you have to come back to face the mayhem later in the day anyway because you're not allowed buy any flipping drink. Angry

Flip off whoever came up with the law originally (VFI had a lot to do with it I would guess). When did you ever see hordes of chronic alcoholics descending on shops to stock up on booze first thing in the morning before the law was in place? Dodgy

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 24-12-2021

(24-12-2021, 09:55 AM)cee_jay Wrote: I was at the hairdresser yesterday and she said her boyfriend was there with his Mam yesterday. He went to join the checkout queue with an empty trolley, while she went back and forth to get the stuff they needed. I really wouldn't have the patience for that!
I'm suprised they weren't battered for doing that  Wink

I'd actually be afraid to go shopping in that. People get so stressed and cray cray this time of year.

& I don't really understand that queue at all. It's bloody Dublin, there are so many other shops that you can go to without that carry on of queuing like that  Rolleyes

(24-12-2021, 10:05 AM)Butty Brennan Wrote: The alcohol laws are a pita. You get in to do your shopping early in the morning to beat the crowds but it's all pointless, you have to come back to face the mayhem later in the day anyway because you're not allowed buy any flipping drink. Angry

Flip off whoever came up with the law originally (VFI had a lot to do with it I would guess). When did you ever see hordes of chronic alcoholics descending on shops to stock up on booze first thing in the morning before the law was in place? Dodgy

Ah jaysus Butty, would you not have been on the ball the last couple of days or weeks and stocked up on the goodies without leaving it til the madness of xmas eve? 

I had to go out yesterday and the day before, but I'm not going near a shop today. whatever I have in at the minute, is what i'll be sticking with.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 24-12-2021

(24-12-2021, 10:41 AM)Spears Wrote:
(24-12-2021, 09:55 AM)cee_jay Wrote: I was at the hairdresser yesterday and she said her boyfriend was there with his Mam yesterday. He went to join the checkout queue with an empty trolley, while she went back and forth to get the stuff they needed. I really wouldn't have the patience for that!
I'm suprised they weren't battered for doing that  Wink

I'd actually be afraid to go shopping in that. People get so stressed and cray cray this time of year.

& I don't really understand that queue at all. It's bloody Dublin, there are so many other shops that you can go to without that carry on of queuing like that  Rolleyes

There was aul wans fighting over bags of sprouts and the gards had to be called and the place shut down for an hour pac

(24-12-2021, 10:47 AM)Trigger Wrote: There was aul wans fighting over bags of sprouts and the gards had to be called and the place shut down for an hour pac

I actually can't tell if your taking the piss or not.

I kinda believe it though Big Grin Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 24-12-2021

(24-12-2021, 10:53 AM)Spears Wrote:
(24-12-2021, 10:47 AM)Trigger Wrote: There was aul wans fighting over bags of sprouts and the gards had to be called and the place shut down for an hour pac

I actually can't tell if your taking the piss or not.

I kinda believe it though Big Grin Big Grin

Nope, it's true pac I live across the road.. cars were parking on the footpaths in the estate blocking houses n all.  Estate management was getting cars towed if they were on the paths or blocking house entrances.  Think 4 or 5 cars were towed

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Strawberry Milkshake - 24-12-2021

Hey all!

I’m obviously Mrs Organised 2021! I went to Asda and M&S last Saturday and stocked up on booze, biccies, the ready made veg, dessert, even bread. Into the freezer they went. I’d ordered the turkey, ham and sausagemeat from the butcher so collected that yesterday.

All I have to do is grab milk and cream in the local spar shop when I do the lotto!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 24-12-2021

Happy Christmas everyone. Will be a tough one here with Dad gone but the kids will get us all through, they have been brill and an amazing distraction. Funeral was yesterday and he had an amazing send off from the community. My panto castmates did a guard of honour for him which he would have been chuffed about. Mind you he would probably be giving out to us all about all the fuss pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 24-12-2021

Sorry to hear about your dad, Necro. I hope you all manage to enjoy some happy moments.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Strawberry Milkshake - 24-12-2021

Ah Necro, sorry to hear that your dad passed away. May he rest in peace x

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 24-12-2021

Thinking of you Necro, kids will see you through for sure!

Still in bed here, need to get up and go up to the butchers, they're open until 2. Have to check if I need anything in the shops while I'm out. Kitchen still needs sorting too. And it's raining. Thankfully everything is only a few mins walk away.