A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 11-12-2021

(11-12-2021, 03:07 PM)nothing Wrote: Would it be acceptable to make a crisp sandwich with pringles?

Today's advent question  Big Grin @Trigger  @E.N. 

I myself only prefer Tayto in a crisp sambo but you go for it @nothing , let us know how it tastes

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 11-12-2021

(11-12-2021, 07:49 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 03:07 PM)nothing Wrote: Would it be acceptable to make a crisp sandwich with pringles?

Today's advent question  Big Grin @Trigger  @E.N. 

I myself only prefer Tayto in a crisp sambo but you go for it @nothing , let us know how it tastes

I ended up with a chicken salad sandwich and some pringles on the side, that was pretty good

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 11-12-2021

I love a salt and vinegar crisp sandwich . Sounds weird but is actually great !

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 11-12-2021

(11-12-2021, 08:02 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: I love a salt and vinegar crisp sandwich . Sounds weird but is actually great !

I don't like s&v crisps, but c&o make a nice sandwich

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 11-12-2021

I've never got the point of carb on carb like crisp or chip sandwiches.

Also Pringles aren't crisps, so can't be used in a crisp sandwich but if that's your thing you can just have a Pringle sandwich.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 12-12-2021

Couchside with the Glenroes ahead of the last full week of work of the year, really looking forward to the break and the days getting longer.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 12-12-2021

Mildly panicking about my next due assignment. But it's thankfully not due until Wednesday. I need to go out for chocolate at some point tomorrow. Should probably go to bed.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 13-12-2021

I have an assignment due this week I think and I haven't looked at it yet. I need to contact the lecturer and see about getting an extension.
I rang in sick to work today, I had a covid test on Friday and I'm negative. I was awake half the night coughing so feel wretched! I think it is yet another sinus infection.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Declan A Walsh - 13-12-2021

It's a while since I looked at this particular thread. I am sorry to hear that Diamonds of Frost lost her mother after suffering from dementia. DoF (and Neowise) are probably fed up hearing about it being a happy release for her, etc., but, in a sense it's true if, from what I can gather, the mother was not really having a meaningful quality of life anymore.

There are so many with that awful affliction, whether it's alzheimer's disease or some other form of dementia - there are so many versions diagnosed these days. Terry Jones of the Monty Python sadly died in 2020 after succumbing to primary progressive aphasia, a form of frontotemporal dementia. Basically, this impairs the ability to speak and communicate.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 13-12-2021

Sorry to hear about your mother Diamonds, apologies only really catching up with all the threads this evening.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 14-12-2021

Sorry to hear about your mother diamonds.
The last time I saw my grandmother (mother's side) she didn't remember who I was. She passed a few years later, after I had moved to Ireland.

When I was home last, my father got a video of a family tape recording (a cousin's christening) from 1975! There's my parents, my eldest brother still a kid Big Grin and the grandparents, aunts and uncles, including the one who died of covid last year.
I think he must have watched that video a million times already.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 14-12-2021

So sorry to hear about your mom, Diamonds. Sending you hugs!! I know that "sadglad" feeling better than I'd like, I felt the same when cancer took my mom a few years back.

As others have said, take care of yourself, and take all the time you need for that.

Tableside here, lunch is in the oven. Only had 200 unread emails when I came back from my day off yesterday. The end-of-year slowdown is kicking in pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 14-12-2021

Just home after being boosted, in a surprising turn of events to no one, I will be working on an assignment.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 14-12-2021

What's the relevance of your sig @nothing?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 14-12-2021

(14-12-2021, 02:30 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: What's the relevance of your sig @nothing?

My current assignment is interior design - create a mood board to show how I would redesign my living room, and I've decided on a doctor who based design Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - aaronjennings - 14-12-2021

[Image: doctorwho-david-tennant.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 15-12-2021

(13-12-2021, 11:45 PM)Necro Wrote: Sorry to hear about your mother Diamonds, apologies only really catching up with all the threads this evening.

same here, haven't been on too much of late.. 

So sorry to hear of your loss Diamonds  Heart

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 15-12-2021

All by myself in the office.
May as well watch the office

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 15-12-2021

(15-12-2021, 04:33 PM)Barna77 Wrote: All by myself in the office.
May as well watch the office

Good use of time Wink 

My office won't be seeing me, I took some leave, I'm exhausted, 2022 is soon enough to deal with the real world again (now if only my xmas shopping was finished!!!

Just spotted your signature pac pac pac Love it!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Kol - 16-12-2021

Sorry to hear about your mother @Diamonds of Frost hope you and your loved ones are doing well

Just catching up on the thread now.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 16-12-2021

Thank you all xx

I'll get up. Slept funny which is probably because I've done so much of it the last few days. Have a few things to do in town. Coffee time now.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 19-12-2021

Tis a bit nippy today.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 19-12-2021

Noticed that myself when I went out to get a few final bits and bobs earlier tonight. Also, it was absolute madness in the stores today.

Got everything I needed though, so I theoretically won't have to go out again until after Christmas Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Butty Brennan - 20-12-2021

Thanks for the heads up Thomil. I'm going to take my cattle prod with me when I going shopping during the week.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - aaronjennings - 21-12-2021

Back from having my booster shot, knock-on-wood for minimal or no side-effects now

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 21-12-2021

How‘s the 5G reception? Any improvements yet? pac

Deskside here, one more hour to go. It‘s suspiciously quiet at work, but that just leaves more time for my Christmas playlist, the coffee and the gingerbread hearts I have on my desk Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 21-12-2021

Sofaside, had lunch with a friend, and got all the presents and cards sorted and posted today, and got my Christmas shop in, so just the rest of the Big Clean and picking up the meat on Friday left.

Do need to keep working on some assignments too over the couple weeks off. Thankfully we're not back until the 6th

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 21-12-2021

Roll on tomorrow when I finish up for Christmas and have the ceremonial turning off of the alarms!

House will be cleaned tomorrow evening and I'll commence battle in the supermarket on Thursday, then it's all food and drink for the rest of the year. Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ShaneU - 21-12-2021

People who leave their shopping until the 23rd are the Devil's spawn, enjoy the queues pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 22-12-2021

At least it's not Christmas Eve! I'll go early and avoid the crowds, at least the fresh food will last.

Sincerely,

Devil's Spawn

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 22-12-2021

(21-12-2021, 11:56 PM)ShaneU Wrote: People who leave their shopping until the 23rd are the Devil's spawn, enjoy the queues pac

[Image: nervous-shifty.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ShaneU - 22-12-2021

haha I worked retail for 15 years and the 23rd was always a nightmare.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 22-12-2021

TORTURE AND TORMENT!!!!!!!!!!!

First very early morning in two weeks and I slept rotten. And I have a pimple thing on my bottom eyelid. And I forgot my lipstick. And and and and and....WAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 22-12-2021

That could be a stye on your eyelid, Diamonds. Do pick it or you'll spread it. Call into a chemist and ask them, then buy a lipstick.

I'm in work alternately trying to look busy and hide.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 22-12-2021

Sofaside, had a productive counselling session in my pjs. Thinking about going for a nap.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 22-12-2021

(22-12-2021, 11:00 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote: That could be a stye on your eyelid, Diamonds. Do pick it or you'll spread it. Call into a chemist and ask them, then buy a lipstick.

bet there is a typo here. Get you fingers out of your eyes frostie. Dont be picking at it.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 22-12-2021

Pottering in Galway with my Dad (drinking tea in a hotel lobby while he has an appointment Big Grin) hoping to find him an Xmas gift on the way home  Idea Blush If I can accomplish that there will only be veg, milk and bread left to buy... nearly there, phew!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 22-12-2021

(22-12-2021, 11:00 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote: That could be a stye on your eyelid, Diamonds. Do pick it or you'll spread it. Call into a chemist and ask them, then buy a lipstick.

(22-12-2021, 11:57 AM)Neowise Wrote:
(22-12-2021, 11:00 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote: That could be a stye on your eyelid, Diamonds. Do pick it or you'll spread it. Call into a chemist and ask them, then buy a lipstick.

bet there is a typo here. Get you fingers out of your eyes frostie. Dont be picking at it.

Don't know what I did there.

@Leg End Reject I'll suffer on for the next two hours without the lippy :p As for me poor eye well I think you're right. As mammy used to say if it's not an arse it's an elbow.

@Neowise Sure I'm always poking at them.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 22-12-2021

(22-12-2021, 12:18 PM)ari101 Wrote: Pottering in Galway with my Dad (drinking tea in a hotel lobby while he has an appointment Big Grin) hoping to find him an Xmas gift on the way home  Idea Blush If I can accomplish that there will only be veg, milk and bread left to buy... nearly there, phew!

Sorted!   Cool Woohoo!