A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 03-12-2021

Also, this is from the rte website two days ago. They're really making a balls of their communication

Quote:The country is doing substantially better in terms of Covid cases, numbers in hospital and deaths than the National Public Health Emergency Team's optimistic models, Tánaiste Leo Varadkar told the Fine Gael Party tonight.

For this reason, he said he was sceptical that imposing new restrictions on people's freedoms, family life and businesses would be warranted at this time.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 03-12-2021

(03-12-2021, 05:28 PM)E.N. Wrote: Also, this is from the rte website two days ago. They're really making a balls of their communication

Quote:The country is doing substantially better in terms of Covid cases, numbers in hospital and deaths than the National Public Health Emergency Team's optimistic models, Tánaiste Leo Varadkar told the Fine Gael Party tonight.

For this reason, he said he was sceptical that imposing new restrictions on people's freedoms, family life and businesses would be warranted at this time.

The old saying - The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing comes to mind . MM says one thing , then LV says something that contradicts what was said , throw NPHET into the mix and it becomes a clusterfcuk  .

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 03-12-2021

(03-12-2021, 03:41 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(30-11-2021, 06:05 PM)Necro Wrote: It's the only one in Sligo this year though, so we're already sold out in all but the last show on Sunday (well, assuming the Govt don't put the brakes on kids attending pantos this evening)
NPHET have advised cutting to 50% capacity Sad
Not clear yet if the government will listen...

Quote:Concerts/pantos/events
One of the most difficult decisions facing ministers today is whether to accept a recommendation that venues cut their capacity in half.

Health officials want live venues such as including entertainment, culture and sporting events to operate at no more than 50pc of a venue’s capacity and be fully seated.

Pantos are already under pressure as a result of a call for parents to limit the activities their children engage in.
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/nphets-christmas-letter-revealed-close-nightclubs-limit-pubs-cut-household-visits-and-venue-capacities-41115170.html

Luckily, we are already only running at just over 50% capacity to allow for proper social distancing. Whole hall is being sanitized between shows and we've hired HEPA air filters for the entire week to ensure that people are comfortable

What concerns me more is the unelected CMO sending a letter to all schools advising parents not to take kids to any indoor social gathering for the next two weeks.

Last I checked NPHET were an advisory committee and they should not be sending out letters like that, they should be coming from the government if they have to be sent out.

Strange there not being any leaks from the cabinet meeting this afternoon, I wonder are they considering rejecting some of the advice NPHET so readily leaked last night before even sending a letter of their recommendations...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 03-12-2021

No such luck with rejecting the advice. Le sigh. I think we will be ok but I dunno what happens with shows that are sold out to full capacity from Monday

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 03-12-2021

(03-12-2021, 05:28 PM)E.N. Wrote: Also, this is from the rte website two days ago. They're really making a balls of their communication

On the same day RTE reported the Taoiseach saying restrictions were likely ... that disappeared quickly though.

It's the shit show that keeps on giving, to 50% capacity audiences of course. Confused

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Purple Mountain - 03-12-2021

Is it safe to come back here without feeling the need to vomit??

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 03-12-2021

I think so....

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 03-12-2021

(03-12-2021, 09:06 PM)Purple Mountain Wrote: Is it safe to come back here without feeling the need to vomit??

Depends.  How do you feel about ...?

[Image: mSEA43x.png]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 03-12-2021

Pineapple on pizza , yaay! !

In other news , (not really) , I smell lovely , laundry detergent. Shook the bottle when I picked it up ,and over me it goes , yep , that'll teach me not to forget to put lids back on things properly pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 03-12-2021

(03-12-2021, 09:09 PM)quickbeam Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 09:06 PM)Purple Mountain Wrote: Is it safe to come back here without feeling the need to vomit??

Depends.  How do you feel about ...?

[Image: mSEA43x.png]

needs pepperoni!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 04-12-2021

Sitting on the couch waiting on the cleaner to come. Tree lights are all twinkling! Nursing home rang earlier to say mammy has been given her first dose of morphine. Please light candles for her journey onwards.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Purple Mountain - 04-12-2021

Sorry to hear this, @Diamonds of Frost I hope you will be able to visit her over Christmas.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Tigger - 05-12-2021

(04-12-2021, 12:09 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Sitting on the couch waiting on the cleaner to come. Tree lights are all twinkling! Nursing home rang earlier to say mammy has been given her first dose of morphine. Please light candles for her journey onwards.
I never know what to say.
Hope your ok

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 05-12-2021

Well this was my afternoon...

How was yours folks? Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 05-12-2021

I took the day off and had a lovely nap

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 05-12-2021

I had a nice relaxing day too, but how is tomorrow Monday already????

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 05-12-2021

(05-12-2021, 09:49 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I had a nice relaxing day too, but how is tomorrow Monday already????

I have the day off college, but have a gp appointment at 9.15am. What was I thinking?!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 05-12-2021

(05-12-2021, 09:52 PM)nothing Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 09:49 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I had a nice relaxing day too, but how is tomorrow Monday already????

I have the day off college, but have a gp appointment at 9.15am. What was I thinking?!
That's a rookie mistake!

(05-12-2021, 09:57 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 09:52 PM)nothing Wrote: I have the day off college, but have a gp appointment at 9.15am. What was I thinking?!
That's a rookie mistake!

Tell me about it! Though I do have a load of assignment stuff to work on, so probably not a bad thing to be up early. Sigh.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 06-12-2021

@Purple Mountain
@Tigger

Thank you both x

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 06-12-2021

DOF thinking of you and your mam. Hope she is comfortable x

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 06-12-2021

(05-12-2021, 09:52 PM)nothing Wrote: I have the day off college, but have a gp appointment at 9.15am. What was I thinking?!

I'd always, always, always go for an early GP appointment if I can get it. Much better chance of being actually seen on time, and being able to get out quickly.

Good luck with your appointment.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 06-12-2021

(06-12-2021, 09:24 AM)quickbeam Wrote:

I'd always, always, always go for an early GP appointment if I can get it.  Much better chance of being actually seen on time, and being able to get out quickly.

Good luck with your appointment.

Ended up oversleeping, so going tomorrow instead.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 06-12-2021

Storm to hit Cork Kerry and Clare, Stay Safe

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 06-12-2021

(06-12-2021, 06:35 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Storm to hit Cork Kerry and Clare, Stay Safe
It's going to be a rough day everywhere, but the south and west looks scary!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 06-12-2021

Sephie tomorrow!

[Image: windy-cat.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 06-12-2021

(06-12-2021, 06:47 PM)BuileBeag Wrote: Sephie tomorrow!

[Image: windy-cat.gif]

The  exact same thing happened during Ophelia .

Cork after it gets washed away from the mainland tomorrow

[Image: island-island-views.gif]

Here's me going to a beach party

[Image: beach-come-on-guys.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 06-12-2021

Cork the real people's capital

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 06-12-2021

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: th?id=OIP.9TjFYvUN3G-0nNXAixQZhAHaDs&pid...=364&h=182]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 07-12-2021

It's eerily quiet outside, the calm before the storm. Due to kick off here before dawn but won't be severe.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 07-12-2021

(07-12-2021, 12:34 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote: It's eerily quiet outside, the calm before the storm. Due to kick off here before dawn but won't be severe.

It was the same here all evening Leggy , very still outside . . Those in the firing line stay safe .

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 07-12-2021

A miserable, cold, wet and very windy day in the status yellow Midlands, I hope all of you in the danger zones are faring ok and still have rooves and electricity.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 07-12-2021

(07-12-2021, 04:47 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: A miserable, cold, wet and very windy day in the status yellow Midlands, I hope all of you in the danger zones are faring ok and still have rooves and electricity.

[Image: archer-kenny-loggins.gif]

Yellow for me too, though we're getting a boosted upgrade to Orange from 8pm this evening Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 07-12-2021

Yellow here, not much of note so far, windy but nothing intense. About to take a break from coursework to paint (mspaint)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 07-12-2021

It's still pretty windy and rainy here in the south but at least we have power, think Cork still on red alert

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Tigger - 07-12-2021

its very windy

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 07-12-2021

Really picking up here again in South Dublin in the last half hour or so!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 07-12-2021

Similar here in Laois Ari , gets very loud and wild then eases back a little bit then off again.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 07-12-2021

(07-12-2021, 10:03 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: Similar here in Laois Ari ,  gets very loud and wild then eases back a little bit then off again.

A wild night ahead, hopefully everyone stays safe Smile