A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 24-11-2021

Mainly face away because turning in our tiny piece of crap shower involves banged elbows and potential for slippage (our en-suite is ridiculously tiny, so tiny it probably shouldn't exist). You back in like a truck and park until done in house Necro pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 24-11-2021

This is me!

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 24-11-2021

I face away as I don't like the water beating on my face . (Somehow developed a "slight" fear of water that I didn't have years ago)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 24-11-2021

(24-11-2021, 10:30 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Straw poll - do you face towards or away from the shower?

I'm amazed that the answer is so high.  It would never dawn on me to face the shower.

(This is something from IAC but it's more of a general query so asking here instead of the Reality TV thread)

I'm just about 6 foot, so cannot get the straight down effect in my home shower, so to have a full wash in the shower i have to rotate like a chicken on a spit. I can't recall which way i stood in the last hotel i've had a shower in but i was probably still in the habit of spinning.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 24-11-2021

(24-11-2021, 10:41 PM)Zaph Wrote:
(24-11-2021, 10:30 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Straw poll - do you face towards or away from the shower?

I'm amazed that the answer is so high.  It would never dawn on me to face the shower.

(This is something from IAC but it's more of a general query so asking here instead of the Reality TV thread)

Equally it would never dawn on me to face away.  From what Toto told me women mostly face away because it's easier to wash longer hair.

Yeah I face away for this reason. Long hair.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 24-11-2021

Hotel showers are (normally) the business alright.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 24-11-2021

Neos post got me thinking. I always pull the showerhead down closer to my height. I never move it back. Is this annoying for tall men? Is it rude of me, akin to a fella leaving a toilet seat up? Should I be moving it back up? Ah I'll never remember.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 24-11-2021

(24-11-2021, 11:00 PM)BuileBeag Wrote: Neos post got me thinking. I always pull the showerhead down closer to my height. I never move it back. Is this annoying for tall men? Is it rude of me, akin to a fella leaving a toilet seat up? Should I be moving it back up? Ah I'll never remember.

You have to adjust it down, so they have to adjust it up. I don't think its rude at all.

Like when i get into a car, i'll adjust the seat and mirrors, i would never get a annoyed feeling at who was there before me, as sometimes i even have to adjust the mirrors and I am 100% sure it was me who was driving it last!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 24-11-2021

I always face away to stop the water splashing my face and let the water give my back a mini massage. I've never once considered facing forward but do a quick turn to rinse off shower gel.

Like Buile, I move the shower head down, it makes life easier on the days I don't wash my hair.

(24-11-2021, 11:00 PM)BuileBeag Wrote: Neos post got me thinking. I always pull the showerhead down closer to my height. I never move it back. Is this annoying for tall men? Is it rude of me, akin to a fella leaving a toilet seat up? Should I be moving it back up? Ah I'll never remember.

I'm a good bit taller than Necrina so we have the same issue, also our eldest uses our shower too so it's always down really low when I hop in. I don't even think about it tbh.

The car thing with mirrors and seat though drives me nuts  Dodgy I'm very particular about my car though tbf

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 24-11-2021

Face away - between hair and not liking the water hitting my face constantly. Though do turn a few times. Shower head fixture can't be adjusted except the angle (*shakes fist at whoever installed it*)

Was also wrapped in a blanket this evening until I decided it was time for bed

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 24-11-2021

(24-11-2021, 11:06 PM)Neowise Wrote:

You have to adjust it down, so they have to adjust it up. I don't think its rude at all.

Like when i get into a car, i'll adjust the seat and mirrors, i would never get a annoyed feeling at who was there before me, as sometimes i even have to adjust the mirrors and I am 100% sure it was me who was driving it last!
..............ooooops.....................

Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 24-11-2021

You can take our shower down from its holder thing so that's what I do. I don't like not being able to control it with my hand because I hate standing under or having it go over my head in any way.

If I'm in a shower where the head is fixed then I stand with my back towards it but will turn around sort of as long as keeping my face away from it.

I realise none of that makes much sense Big Grin

(24-11-2021, 11:06 PM)Neowise Wrote:

My mam sometimes drives my brother's car and he was always complaining about her not adjusting the seat back. She took the same attitude as you, sure no big deal. But then he showed us one day. He literally can't get into the car after her. He's 6'2 and shes only a short arse with disproportionately short legs to boot. She'd have the seat on the dash almost! Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 25-11-2021

Move it back up please.....or else 

[Image: 5369d3a4ad4651ccf639ffdf9c67a137.jpg]

Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 25-11-2021

(12-11-2021, 06:05 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 04:33 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: Sitting room side with a small 3 year old biyeen (my nephew ) watching paw patrol, there's a 1 and a half year old little princess wearing her unicorn hat ( niece) here beside us as well .
Sounds perfect... apart from Paw Patrol!
What's the incompetent mayor done now? Tongue

Don't get me started on that pesky mayor! he let the kittens out of his sight again and cause mayhem!  Dodgy

Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 25-11-2021

Anybody else notice lately that they are getting free deliveries from amazon, without an amazon prime sub.
I've noticed it lately, and just got more free deliveries from them. Its black friday already on amazon btw. I wish it was friday tomorow!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 25-11-2021

(24-11-2021, 11:56 PM)BuileBeag Wrote:
(24-11-2021, 11:06 PM)Neowise Wrote: You have to adjust it down, so they have to adjust it up. I don't think its rude at all.

My mam sometimes drives my brother's car and he was always complaining about her not adjusting the seat back. She took the same attitude as you, sure no big deal. But then he showed us one day. He literally can't get into the car after her. He's 6'2 and shes only a short arse with disproportionately short legs to boot. She'd have the seat on the dash almost! Big Grin

This is exactly me with my own mother, it's like she has to sit on top of the steering wheel to drive my car and she Never. Adjusts. The. Seat. When. Done.

Uh oh I'm getting mad thinking about it, drives me insane!!!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 25-11-2021

Its booster time!!!!!!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 25-11-2021

I don't know why people get agitated over such small things.. it takes essentially 2 seconds to adjust.. is it really worth getting annoyed over when there is probably a lot of other things going on

I'm a swivel guy myself

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 25-11-2021

(24-11-2021, 10:47 PM)quickbeam Wrote: I'm going to have to try facing forward tomorrow, just for the novel experience.  Honestly never dawned on me to face the water.

I tried. But it ain't gonna happen. It's not so much the direction of the water that's a problem. It's the fact that facing forward you're only centimeters away from the wall making it feel claustrophobic. Facing away from the shower means you're facing the whole bathroom, which, even when it's as small as mine, is at least a bigger than a few centimeters.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 25-11-2021

(25-11-2021, 10:12 AM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Its booster time!!!!!!

Booster ?

Mean these ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YyV-otP3pI

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 25-11-2021

(25-11-2021, 11:52 AM)dawg Wrote:
(25-11-2021, 10:12 AM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Its booster time!!!!!!

Booster ?

Mean these ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YyV-otP3pI
No  Tongue

Got my '3rd' vaccine. In the bed with drowsy head.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 25-11-2021

(25-11-2021, 01:02 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: ...

Got my '3rd' vaccine. In the bed with drowsy head.

I'm a day ahead of you.

'tis OK, but I was totally creased for the best part of 2 weeks after 2nd AZ, 

My immune system now refuses to react when provoked ?

( whats a booster ? )

Oh scratch that....you meant the Vax, didnt you ?

Best wishes for the day from Dumb Dawg

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 25-11-2021

(24-11-2021, 12:02 AM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Mammy has pneumonia. Nails are a distraction.

Light a candle for us Foggers x

I hope she will be OK @Diamonds of Frost

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 26-11-2021

(25-11-2021, 09:53 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote:
(24-11-2021, 12:02 AM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Mammy has pneumonia. Nails are a distraction.

Light a candle for us Foggers x

I hope she will be OK @Diamonds of Frost
Ah thanks Lizzy Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 26-11-2021

Sofaside, avoiding coursework, hungry, tired, a little grumpy. But have some junk tv to watch, just need to sort some dinner.

Frosty Knickers, hope your mum is feeling better!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 26-11-2021

[Image: nicolas-cage-friday.gif]

Thank fuck!

Off to the big smoke tomorrow for The Book Of Mormon and "a few" drinks, can't wait. First night out for the two of us together for over three months

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 27-11-2021

Sofaside, trying to convince myself to work on the assignment that's due Monday night, but tv is winning

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 27-11-2021

How are you now @ari101

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 27-11-2021

(27-11-2021, 03:41 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: How are you now @ari101

Still crappy, going to have to go to the doc next week and see if there is something more to be done! Think I properly pulled a muscle last night coughing... Confused Sad

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 27-11-2021

Sending hugs @ari101

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 27-11-2021

Hope you get better soon, Ari *hugs*

Sofaside here, watching TV for a change...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 28-11-2021

A cold, wet and miserable here, definitely a day to hibernate.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 28-11-2021

It's the same here Leggy , a very murky day . I fecking cleaned the windows and floors , have to get Christmas stuff out of the attic too . Still seems very early to me though .
I'll get them down , when they go up will be another story though pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 28-11-2021

(28-11-2021, 04:09 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: It's the same here Leggy , a very murky day . I fecking cleaned the windows and floors , have to get Christmas stuff out of the attic too . Still seems very early to me though .
I'd love half your energy! I've done nothing all day and plan on keeping it that way.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 28-11-2021

(28-11-2021, 04:23 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(28-11-2021, 04:09 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: It's the same here Leggy , a very murky day . I fecking cleaned the windows and floors , have to get Christmas stuff out of the attic too . Still seems very early to me though .
I'd love half your energy! I've done nothing all day and plan on keeping it that way.

Leave me out of it!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 28-11-2021

Didn't clean windows for pride , more like shames sake tbh !
Nothing, no wonder you're exhausted!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 28-11-2021

I'm in the Butlers queue. Its decoration night. And dentist tomorrow Sad

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 29-11-2021

Under 2 hours until my assignment is due. About 8 hours worth of work still to do. Aaahhhhh where best to put my energy?! Go go go!