A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 23-11-2021

(23-11-2021, 12:33 AM)BuileBeag Wrote: You know when coming close to Christmas you wake up each morning feeling increasingly excited about the coming festivities!? 
Well advent calendar is where Nitty stomps all over that excitement and makes you wake up every morning with increasing anxiety over what this days unfathomable question will be. 

It's fun, you should play.
[Image: planing-plan.gif]

...or it's like sheep, with a question a day until Christmas, and BB's had an unrelated breakdown!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 23-11-2021

I loved the median answer style game.. I thought that was brilliantly evil!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 23-11-2021

Oh I forgot to mention, just to entice you all..

Whoever gets their answer to E.N first each day gets to sit on @TED_YNWAs knee. And whoever gets theirs in last is subjected to sitting on @Zaphs knee.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 23-11-2021

(22-11-2021, 11:03 PM)Kol Wrote: We need a reality tv thread here, save me going to the darkside to snoop

Reality TV thread

Wink

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 23-11-2021

OK, decided to run the advent calendar here. It's easiest for me. I'll go tell the boards Christmas forum about it though

Tomorrow is one week until December, so I'll get an OP up then to explain this year's format Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 23-11-2021

Yay! I can play! 

[Image: christmas-girl-santa-costume.gif]

(23-11-2021, 03:26 PM)BuileBeag Wrote: Yay! I can play!
[Image: il_570xN.2653594678_94cm.jpg]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 23-11-2021

Delighted you're running it here@E.N. , boards is brutally slow I find .

(23-11-2021, 03:53 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(23-11-2021, 03:26 PM)BuileBeag Wrote: Yay! I can play!
[Image: il_570xN.2653594678_94cm.jpg]

[Image: christmas-girl-santa-costume.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 23-11-2021

[Image: 20211123_201552.jpg]I'm in the pub. Lookit my amazing nails Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 23-11-2021

Oooh fancy!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 23-11-2021

Oh shimmery fun! Smile Heart

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 23-11-2021

Thank yee Big Grin I loved thems.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 23-11-2021

Those are some well-kept "claws", Diamonds Big Grin

Tableside here, thought I'd pop in here again, now that the disappointment of last week has settled.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 23-11-2021

(23-11-2021, 10:30 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: [Image: 20211123_201552.jpg]I'm in the pub. Lookit my amazing nails Big Grin
Fancy clawing the eyes out of Werewolves with those fancy nails and well manicured cuticles? Sign ups needed! You might just know the mod!

https://forumofgames.com/showthread.php?tid=199&pid=30777#pid30777

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 23-11-2021

(23-11-2021, 11:18 PM)thomil Wrote: Those are some well-kept "claws", Diamonds Big Grin

Tableside here, thought I'd pop in here again, now that the disappointment of last week has settled.
Nice to see you back, thomil. I hope it wasn't anything too serious.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 23-11-2021

Nothing too serious, just massive disappointment at being confined to quarters again due to that work from home advice. That also torpedoed a rather large project I'd been planning for work and where I had a presentation scheduled with senior management. That's shelved until we're back in the office.

Also, who the heck left the freezer door open outside??? pac

I think a bigger disappointment is looming ... another bloody lockdown. Tony Harbinger of Doom Holohan has his serious face on!

I'm afraid you might be right. To be honest, I'm not even surprised, given the scenes I saw on my last evening commute on Thursday. Cork city was packed, social distancing was pretty much non-existent.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 24-11-2021

Mammy has pneumonia. Nails are a distraction.

Light a candle for us Foggers x

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 24-11-2021

Oh, and I'll just leave this right here Wink 

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 24-11-2021

(23-11-2021, 11:35 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I think a bigger disappointment is looming ... another bloody lockdown. Tony Harbinger of Doom Holohan has his serious face on!
No we won't go back to lockdown. Tony and his lack of understanding of humanity can feck off.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 24-11-2021

(24-11-2021, 12:02 AM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Mammy has pneumonia. Nails are a distraction.

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope she pulls through quickly.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 24-11-2021

Pneumonia is frightening , hope she'll be ok DOF .

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 24-11-2021

There'll be no lockdown, hospital numbers dropped by 88 in the last 2 days so its looking like we may have peaked... I'm still rather upbeat about it all, especially just staying away from the negativity that RTE want to spin. And don't get me started on that liberal crowd.

(24-11-2021, 12:23 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(24-11-2021, 12:02 AM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Mammy has pneumonia. Nails are a distraction.

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope she pulls through quickly.

(24-11-2021, 12:43 AM)Mam of 4 Wrote: Pneumonia is frightening , hope she'll be ok DOF .

Thanks girls. Her dementia is very advanced and this is the first bout of bad health since her diagnosis. So we have been lucky really.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 24-11-2021

(23-11-2021, 10:30 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: [Image: 20211123_201552.jpg]I'm in the pub. Lookit my amazing nails Big Grin

You have influenced me to treat myself to a manicure. It's my birthday this weekend, so booked in on Friday after work. My nails are in bits at the moment (thanks thyroid) so at least I'll be looking at halfway pretty nails for the weekend. I love this colour!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 24-11-2021

Well, if it ain't Goldfinger ?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 24-11-2021

The Kindness of Strangers

Finding some Clonakilty gluten free sausages in salmonella corner of a nearby Dunnes, I got enthused about my search and started a serious rummage. 
After a few minutes there was a tap on my shoulder. Looked up to see a ( not really ) ol' wan holding out a fiver and saying 'I had a bit of luck on the Lotto, take this'
Now I'm far from a snappy dresser ( in fact a few years ago the sales girl in BT Nespresso shop did her best to bribe me to leave as she thought my appearance might upset some of her real customers ) .
Do I really look that down-at-heel ? ( Guess the answer must be 'yes'    Blush  )

Anyway, I suggested to the kind lady that she chance the fiver back on the Lotto and I remain mightly touched by her gesture

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 24-11-2021

That was nice of her (let's assume it was not your appearance but the bargain hunting!)
Love the 'salmonella' description pac Everytime I pass that fridge section I will giggle now!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 24-11-2021

I'm so tired. Should not have done an extra day in college yesterday.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 24-11-2021

Tired here as well. 4 hours of sleep followed by a ten hour plus work day is not the best combination. pac

Sofaside now, wrapped in a blanket, candles lit, a mug of decaf coffee and some Christmas pastries (gingerbread, cinnamon stars) on the table. I'd say there are worse ways to spend the evening Wink

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 24-11-2021

It's far from cinnamon stars I was raised! Big Grin

I'm sick of the cold weather and sick to my back fucking teeth of Covid!

Couchside, also wrapped in a blanket trying to coax myself to shower.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 24-11-2021

Straw poll - do you face towards or away from the shower?

I'm amazed that the answer is so high. It would never dawn on me to face the shower.

(This is something from IAC but it's more of a general query so asking here instead of the Reality TV thread)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 24-11-2021

(24-11-2021, 10:30 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Straw poll - do you face towards or away from the shower?
Wait... doesn't everyone else rotate constantly? pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 24-11-2021

(24-11-2021, 10:30 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Straw poll - do you face towards or away from the shower?

I'm amazed that the answer is so high.  It would never dawn on me to face the shower.

(This is something from IAC but it's more of a general query so asking here instead of the Reality TV thread)

Equally it would never dawn on me to face away.  From what Toto told me women mostly face away because it's easier to wash longer hair.

Can't really give you an answer to that, as I mostly resemble this fellow in the shower pac 

[Image: giphy.gif]

(First time posting a gif for me, let's hope this works!)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 24-11-2021

Face away from the shower here !

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 24-11-2021

Away when rinsing the hair (less water runs down my face and into my eyes Dodgy) but otherwise mostly towards I think...  Huh

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 24-11-2021

I'm going to have to try facing forward tomorrow, just for the novel experience. Honestly never dawned on me to face the water.