A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 21-11-2021

Welcome home Kol , you've had a long wait to get here ...enjoy every moment☺

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 21-11-2021

(21-11-2021, 11:26 PM)Kol Wrote: Back on home soil.
Delighted for you Kol!!!!    Heart

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 22-11-2021

Very scenic morning , everywhere frosted over with the sun glistening. .

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 22-11-2021

Yes. First day I feel can be called wintery instead of autumny.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 22-11-2021

(22-11-2021, 10:47 AM)Mam of 4 Wrote: Very scenic morning , everywhere frosted over with the sun glistening. .
Including the bloody car, which meant I had to rush aroundthis morning! Sad

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 22-11-2021

Boo to rushing.

My office style chair keeps rising itself up and annoying me

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 22-11-2021

(22-11-2021, 02:37 PM)nothing Wrote: Boo to rushing.

Eat more cake and you'll hold it down Wink

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 22-11-2021

Are you guys still using boards regularly?

I was planning on bringing back the advent calendar next week. Thing is, we often got a few guests coming over from the Christmas forum. Not sure many would register for a new site though, so I was wondering about running it on boards. Be nice to get as many people as possible playing

I did toy with running it across both sites but that's just creating work for myself, plus it would be nice to have all the reactions and chat in the one place

So here or there? What do people think?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 22-11-2021

Go for it on Boards imo. Forum Games is a ghost town though....

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 22-11-2021

I don't use it much any more, I check Cool Vids & Pics every once in a while and that's about it. My *preference* would be having it here, but if you think you'd get Christmas Forum traffic over there then I could certainly check it out. I'm not boycotting it or anything.

I don't think I've actually done the advent calendar thing before now that I think of it, but happy to give it a shot.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 22-11-2021

I'm easy either way, I still browse a bit over there, much less than I used to.

(22-11-2021, 04:44 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(22-11-2021, 02:37 PM)nothing Wrote: Boo to rushing.

Eat more cake and you'll hold it down Wink

It stays down when I sit on it and push the handle, but right back up when I get off, then I'm on my tiptoes to get back onto it pac

(22-11-2021, 04:51 PM)Necro Wrote: Go for it on Boards imo. Forum Games is a ghost town though....
Ah yeah, I'd have to advertise it here! Tongue

(22-11-2021, 04:53 PM)quickbeam Wrote: I don't use it much any more, I check Cool Vids & Pics every once in a while and that's about it.  My *preference* would be having it here, but if you think you'd get Christmas Forum traffic over there then I could certainly check it out.  I'm not boycotting it or anything. 

I don't think I've actually done the advent calendar thing before now that I think of it, but happy to give it a shot.
Thanks - I genuinely don't have a preference, which is why I thought I'd sound people out. To be honest, I'd want everyone here playing as my first priority, but I'm greedy and want more players Big Grin

(22-11-2021, 04:58 PM)nothing Wrote:
(22-11-2021, 04:44 PM)E.N. Wrote: Eat more cake and you'll hold it down Wink

It stays down when I sit on it and push the handle, but right back up when I get off, then I'm on my tiptoes to get back onto it pac
So the solution is more sitting and more cake. Like anything in life Big Grin

(22-11-2021, 05:00 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(22-11-2021, 04:58 PM)nothing Wrote: It stays down when I sit on it and push the handle, but right back up when I get off, then I'm on my tiptoes to get back onto it pac
So the solution is more sitting and more cake. Like anything in life Big Grin

I like your solution! My GP has a completely opposite opinion, clearly I should be getting my advice here instead pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 22-11-2021

I post in one thread on Boards now , sorry , two with IAC back on .

@E.N. , would you throw up a feeler post on boards about the Annual Advent Calendar game , see what the feedback is like , then make your decision where to host it ?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 22-11-2021

(22-11-2021, 04:49 PM)E.N. Wrote: Are you guys still using boards regularly?

I was planning on bringing back the advent calendar next week. Thing is, we often got a few guests coming over from the Christmas forum. Not sure many would register for a new site though, so I was wondering about running it on boards. Be nice to get as many people as possible playing

I did toy with running it across both sites but that's just creating work for myself, plus it would be nice to have all the reactions and chat in the one place

So here or there? What do people think?

Can you put a link to your boards thread here, so i can find it easy over there.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 22-11-2021

Definitely need a link if you use Boards @E.N.!

(22-11-2021, 06:16 PM)Neowise Wrote: Can you put a link to your boards thread here, so i can find it easy over there.

(22-11-2021, 06:28 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Definitely need a link if you use Boards @E.N.!

Oh, absolutely! If I do decide to use boards I'll do plenty of promo work here, don't worry Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 22-11-2021

I took Wednesday off work and am getting my booster on Thursday which means I'll just have to take that day off as well Big Grin HUZZAH!!

I'll pimp here in the Christmas forum! Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Purple Mountain - 22-11-2021

What is the Advent Calendar forum game?

(22-11-2021, 08:01 PM)Purple Mountain Wrote: What is the Advent Calendar forum game?
I don't know either! Big Grin

(22-11-2021, 08:01 PM)Purple Mountain Wrote: What is the Advent Calendar forum game?

Last year's: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058135004/the-forum-games-sheepish-advent-calendar-2020/p1

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Purple Mountain - 22-11-2021

Yup, cool I'm in!
Just not going to try analyse it @quickbeam !
And thanks @Leg End Reject for admitting you didn't know either!

(22-11-2021, 08:34 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Last year's: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058135004/the-forum-games-sheepish-advent-calendar-2020/p1
(22-11-2021, 09:07 PM)Purple Mountain Wrote: Yup, cool I'm in!
Just not going to try analyse it @quickbeam !
And thanks @Leg End Reject for admitting you didn't know either!

One question a day, all Christmas themed

The first one was like normal sheep. Last year the answers were number based*. This year there's a new format*! But basically a question each morning, PM your answer and a mini reveal each evening. Scores get added up all the way to Christmas eve. Nothing too complicated

*because I can't think of 24 new Christmas sheep questions Big Grin

The Advent Calendar is brilliant fun !

Father Christmas himself, Loughc, is in anyway!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Kol - 22-11-2021

We need a reality tv thread here, save me going to the darkside to snoop

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 22-11-2021

Looking forward to Advent Calendar (I'll play on boards if that is where we end up - could be a good way to try recruit new blood to invite over here?)

I've been looking for starter pics for an Xmas paint... I'll get a sign up thread up later in the week, do you think people would like (are more likely to attend) a pre Xmas reveal or one after the main event?

(22-11-2021, 11:05 PM)ari101 Wrote: Looking forward to Advent Calendar (I'll play on boards if that is where we end up - could be a good way to try recruit new blood to invite over here?)

I've been looking for starter pics for an Xmas paint... I'll get a sign up thread up later in the week, do you think people would like (are more likely to attend) a pre Xmas reveal or one after the main event?

Ooooh new paint! I'm in! I think pre, ramp up the excitement.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 22-11-2021

I got a negative pcr covid test

[Image: giphy.gif]

Yay, a Christmas paint! Santa will probably change into a saxophone along the way. Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 22-11-2021

@E.N. I'm probably gonna close my boards account shortly. I'm not saying you should do the advent calendar here, I'm just asking.. is it even Christmas if I'm not losing my rag at you and accusing you of being a sadist?!

Just something for you to ponder.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 23-11-2021

(22-11-2021, 11:54 PM)BuileBeag Wrote: @E.N. I'm probably gonna close my boards account shortly. I'm not saying you should do the advent calendar here, I'm just asking.. is it even Christmas if I'm not losing my rag at you and accusing you of being a sadist?!

Hello stranger, and what a post to return with! Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 23-11-2021

(22-11-2021, 11:54 PM)BuileBeag Wrote: @E.N. I'm probably gonna close my boards account shortly. I'm not saying you should do the advent calendar here, I'm just asking.. is it even Christmas if I'm not losing my rag at you and accusing you of being a sadist?!

Ha ha, it certainly wouldn't be advent without my personal Krampus Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 23-11-2021

(23-11-2021, 12:08 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote:

Hello stranger, and what a post to return with! Big Grin
Well you're gonna play this year so you'll see. The rage builds with every question. E.N is the nightmare before Christmas.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 23-11-2021

(23-11-2021, 12:20 AM)E.N. Wrote:

Ha ha, it certainly wouldn't be advent without my personal Krampus Big Grin
Uncanny resemblance too! Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 23-11-2021

(22-11-2021, 11:05 PM)ari101 Wrote: Looking forward to Advent Calendar (I'll play on boards if that is where we end up - could be a good way to try recruit new blood to invite over here?)

What is the advent calendar game @E.N.  @ari101 hello @BuileBeag

(23-11-2021, 12:29 AM)jp liz v1 Wrote:

What is the advent calendar game @E.N.  @ari101 hello @BuileBeag

You know when coming close to Christmas you wake up each morning feeling increasingly excited about the coming festivities!? 
Well advent calendar is where Nitty stomps all over that excitement and makes you wake up every morning with increasing anxiety over what this days unfathomable question will be. 

It's fun, you should play.