A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Auto - 11-11-2021

I watched a few episodes waiting to find the funny parts and I’m still waiting ?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 11-11-2021

(11-11-2021, 01:18 AM)Auto Wrote: I watched a few episodes waiting to find the funny parts and I’m still waiting ?
It took me a good few episodes to get into, David was my favourite character. Roland, Jocelyn and Bob annoyed me but they were intentionally annoying.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 11-11-2021

Another long day, designing a compact carry case/bag that at minimum holds a phone and bank cards. The background research is so time consuming!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 11-11-2021

Round 2 reveal starting soon, we've randomised to SHEEP, you are all verrrrry lucky it wasn't PEEHS again!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 11-11-2021

(09-11-2021, 10:36 PM)Zaph Wrote:
(09-11-2021, 06:53 PM)nothing Wrote: Haha definitely break it out!

I tried a white chocolate orange today, was pleasantly surprised

[Image: DistortedAnxiousBlowfish-max-1mb.gif]

Chocolate and orange is one of the worst combinations there is.  I really don't understand how people like it.  And then to add it to the sweepings off the floor after they make proper chocolate?  Madness!
SHOCK!!

Chocolate and orange is the GOD EMPEROR of flavours!!!!!!!!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 11-11-2021

I do not tolerate any criticism of Schitts Creek! (Joke!)
The show is epic.The show does start slow though, and the character development over the seasons is perfect. I find it funny, but that's not what the draw with it is for me. It's the characters. All so beautifully written.

I'm just home from Wagamama. I wish I could roll up the stairs straight to bed. The ramen defeated me.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 11-11-2021

Yeah, I didn't find Schitt's Creek all that funny exactly. But I did enjoy it. I just found it a very pleasant place and company to spend 27 minutes at a time. It's comfort food TV rather than side splitting laughs.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 11-11-2021

Patrick's and then David's version of Simply the Best ... I'm not a romantic but that got me right in the feels.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 11-11-2021

(11-11-2021, 10:28 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Yeah, I didn't find Schitt's Creek all that funny exactly.  But I did enjoy it.  I just found it a very pleasant place and company to spend 27 minutes at a time.  It's comfort food TV rather than side splitting laughs.
The show for me is a comfort blanket. If I'm having a really bad day, putting on an episode is just like engulfing myself in a hug. 

@Leg End Reject Simply the Best gets me every single time.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 11-11-2021

Strong German presence on the replacement crew on their way to the ISS

https://twitter.com/i/status/1458732377606397952

Hopefully Thomil checked that enough stroopwafel were packed for the mission

edit : live stream of crew arrival  at ISS running at this time  

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 12-11-2021

(09-11-2021, 07:35 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I love orange chocolate and white chocolate so will have to try that!
[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 12-11-2021

Sitting room side with a small 3 year old biyeen (my nephew ) watching paw patrol, there's a 1 and a half year old little princess wearing her unicorn hat ( niece) here beside us as well .

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 12-11-2021

Finally getting towards the end of a pig of a week, stressed off my face, and I got an email saying I'd won a competition I'd seen on boards. A Staropramen Supper Box. It's amazing how much the knowledge of some food and beer heading this way in the post has cheered me up Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 12-11-2021

(12-11-2021, 04:33 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: Sitting room side with a small 3 year old biyeen (my nephew ) watching paw patrol, there's a 1 and a half year old little princess wearing her unicorn hat ( niece) here beside us as well .
Sounds perfect... apart from Paw Patrol!
What's the incompetent mayor done now? Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 12-11-2021

I got a bar of white Terry's chocolate orange, it's orgasmic. Didn't see an egg version though.

Beer chilling in the fridge too. Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 12-11-2021

(12-11-2021, 06:24 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I got a bar of white Terry's chocolate orange, it's orgasmic. Didn't see an egg version though.

I ate a whole round one during my classes this morning and then had a lovely nap this afternoon, possibly sugar induced.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 12-11-2021

(12-11-2021, 06:24 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I got a bar of white Terry's chocolate orange, it's orgasmic. Didn't see an egg version though.

Necrina gave me an early bday pressie today so this is my plan for the evening ...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 12-11-2021

That's a fantastic pressie, Necro, Necrina is a keeper!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 12-11-2021

I'm finally unpacking all the boxes of our kitchen stuff into our new kitchen cupboards, while listening to Red (Taylor's Version). I have a bottle of wine chilling in the fridge for when I'm done.

@cee_jay, we need pics of the new kitchen!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 12-11-2021

(12-11-2021, 09:59 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: @cee_jay, we need pics of the new kitchen!

Yes! A grand tour!

(12-11-2021, 07:09 PM)Necro Wrote: Necrina gave me an early bday pressie today so this is my plan for the evening ...

It was looking so good until the Jim Beam Tongue
When's the birthday party? We'll bring you some nice whiskey Wink

Too tired to cook so having beans on toast.
With a nice shiraz though, because I'm a connoisseur Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 12-11-2021

Happy early Birthday Necro!! Smile

@cee_jay I too would like to see pics Big Grin

We are getting new bathrooms but haven't begun looking for a person to do it. Do people just google?

(12-11-2021, 10:37 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Happy early Birthday Necro!! Smile

@cee_jay I too would like to see pics  Big Grin

We are getting new bathrooms but haven't begun looking for a person to do it. Do people just google?
Good lord no, ask for recommendations, people you know or on Boards. There's a lot of cowboys out there!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 12-11-2021

This is the "larder" - basically this will be board game storage, and appliances and shiz like that I think. 
(Sorry can't figure out how to embed the pic)

Photo of larder press
Fridge and wine rack

I've just sat down with wine, will try get pictures of the rest tomorrow once the splashback has been done.

(12-11-2021, 10:37 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Happy early Birthday Necro!! Smile

We need to do the bathrooms next, but it can wait a while now. For our kitchen, I priced 3 different companies, and went with the design I was happiest with (it was also the cheapest luckily, and cheapest by 5k). Looked at reviews online, and the service has been excellent. 
My dad is our electrician so we have been lucky there. I used FindATradesman for our tiler. He was happy to give pictures and references for his previous work, if happily recommend him. We used LocalHeroes for the plumber. We have been quite lucky with the ones we found.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Kol - 12-11-2021

(12-11-2021, 10:46 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:

Good lord no, ask for recommendations, people you know or on Boards. There's a lot of cowboys out there!
[Image: stock-photo-cowboy-builder-man-with-a-co...453811.jpg]

Ooooh looks awesome so far, can't wait to see the splashback!

The best thing about tomorrow is when dad comes to do electrical work, my mam is coming too with my nephew and niece! Even though the house is up in a heap, it'll be good to see them.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 12-11-2021

It looks fab @cee_jay , enjoy having the time with family tomorrow ☺

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 12-11-2021

(12-11-2021, 10:09 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 07:09 PM)Necro Wrote: Necrina gave me an early bday pressie today so this is my plan for the evening ...

It was looking so good until the Jim Beam Tongue
When's the birthday party? We'll bring you some nice whiskey Wink

Too tired to cook so having beans on toast.
With a nice shiraz though, because I'm a connoisseur Big Grin

Well actually that's my own bottle  Tongue she just got me the glasses but I really like Jim Beam. Wouldn't be a connoisseur or anything but it's nice to have something decent to drink out of Big Grin

(12-11-2021, 11:19 PM)Necro Wrote: Well actually that's my own bottle  Tongue she just got me the glasses
Oh, I assumed that! If I thought the good lady bought it I wouldn't have taken the piss Big Grin

(12-11-2021, 10:46 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:

(12-11-2021, 10:58 PM)cee_jay Wrote:

We need to do the bathrooms next, but it can wait a while now. For our kitchen, I priced 3 different companies, and went with the design I was happiest with (it was also the cheapest luckily, and cheapest by 5k). Looked at reviews online, and the service has been excellent. 
My dad is our electrician so we have been lucky there. I used FindATradesman for our tiler. He was happy to give pictures and references for his previous work, if happily recommend him. We used LocalHeroes for the plumber. We have been quite lucky with the ones we found.

I shall do some digging. I love your presses CJ. The colour is really nice.

Here is a pic of our current bathroom. We think its a bit plain...... Big Grin

[Image: 51xi8Ix.jpg]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Auto - 13-11-2021

Very (how do I say this nicely) white ?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 13-11-2021

(13-11-2021, 01:46 AM)Auto Wrote: Very (how do I say this nicely)  white ?
It is so probably a good thing that its not actually our bathroom  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 13-11-2021

@cee_jay, I love the larder, can't wait to see the rest.

@Diamonds of Frost, that's a very small and modest bathroom, I'd just move if I was you. Tongue

Now I want a new kitchen and bathroom ... Euromillions here I come!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 13-11-2021

What to do what to do. Poker night in friend's house tonight but its not my cup of tea. Would like cocktails instead. I predict a night of Dominoes peetza ahead.

What am I going to do now though? Will I go shops or will I have nap.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 13-11-2021

I have domino's pizza ordered. Season finale of Dexter season 1. And a bottle of wine. Exactly what Saturday nights are made for.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 13-11-2021

I got a chinese, and a game reveal Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 13-11-2021

I thought about Domino's, for one to share with a neighbour too - If only I weren't so flippin' lazy.

Great reveal nothing Smile thanks for the weekend fun.