A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 08-11-2021

(08-11-2021, 06:55 PM)cee_jay Wrote: I'm just finished work for the day. I am also too grumpy. Too much to do, too little time and staff to meet expectations. Fun.
I am taking Friday off, I am considering taking next Monday off too just for head space. But feel like there is too much on to be able to take the days off.

You need to look after yourself first and foremost, by overdoing it you may end up stressed out and your mental health is more important. Take the days off, recharge and you will probably approach it differently with a fresh head.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 08-11-2021

Ferrero Rocher have a chocolate bar !
I didn't know this until today .

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 08-11-2021

(08-11-2021, 07:48 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: Ferrero Rocher have a chocolate bar !

Whhhaaaaaattttt?!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 08-11-2021

I know , I had to buy one just to reassure myself that it wasn't an hallucination pac

Stupid phone is acting up and I can't attach pic .

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 08-11-2021

I had a Ferrero filled Crepe from scrumdiddlies the weekend.  I'm stuffed just thinking about it now Big Grin

IT...
WAS...
AMAZING...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 08-11-2021

No Ferrero over here, just a decaf Nespresso and my MacBook pac

Feeling a bit down tonight to be honest. It's the fourth anniversary, if you can call it that, of my dad's passing. I kept it together for most of the day but the memories are beginning to come through again... Honestly, I'm glad to be working from the office tomorrow.

Virtual hugs to you Thomil , anniversaries are never easy...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - aaronjennings - 08-11-2021

I know how you feel, there are some things that come up, things you would normally do with people, and when they're gone you just don't know how to respond

Like, I used to have a bet with my grandmother every time Liverpool played West Ham (her team), but there was no bet this weekend, and it just felt like something was missing

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 08-11-2021

Sorry to hear that @thomil, unfortunately there isn't anything anyone can say to help so go with the Churchill suggesting - if you're through hell keep going.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 09-11-2021

[Image: giphy.webp?cid=82a1493bqzyy5bqeq6v1amtzy....webp&ct=g]

Hazelnuts have no business contaminating chocolate like that!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 09-11-2021

(08-11-2021, 11:58 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Sorry to hear that @thomil, unfortunately there isn't anything anyone can say to help so go with the Churchill suggesting - if you're through hell keep going.

Thanks Leggy  Blush

Keeping going is the only option anyway, once I've got my mass in motion, it's hard to stop it. Newton's laws and all that pac 

I'm just glad that it's only a pretty significant bout of sadness at this point, it used to be much worse in the past. 

@aaronjennings So sorry to hear that, I know that feeling all too well. Used to have daily calls with my parents every evening, you know, to talk over the day, celebrate the little wins of everyday life and most importantly bitch about work and take the absolute piss out of each other... Those evenings became very long from late 2017 onward.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 09-11-2021

Sad sorry to hear that @thomil, I'm dreading when my nana goes (she's 89 soon), I don't know how I'll cope. Hope you feel better (or at least distracted) tomorrow

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 09-11-2021

[Image: k8Kmjkd.jpeg]

Finally finished and submitted! I need to stay more on top of things!

[Image: NK40mxd.jpeg]

And my drawings that were submitted last night! So glad I've those out of the way too

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 09-11-2021

Let us know when that edition releases, nothing. I'd definitely go for one of those!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - aaronjennings - 09-11-2021

I hate talented people Big Grin

Those drawings are great, Nothing Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 09-11-2021

So jealous of anyone with those kind of happy family memories even if it hurts to remember.

Not a bad day so far, had a final counselling session, feel pretty good about the progress over the short time. The only other thing I have planned today is the sheep/heeps/peehs reveal later.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 09-11-2021

@thomil I'm sorry today is a tough one for you  
Sad

It doesn't get easier but you just maybe manage a bit better with the passing of the years x

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 09-11-2021

(09-11-2021, 12:04 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
[Image: giphy.webp?cid=82a1493bqzyy5bqeq6v1amtzy....webp&ct=g]

I knew you were a wrong un!!!!!!!!!!  Angry

Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 09-11-2021

(09-11-2021, 03:27 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(09-11-2021, 12:04 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote: [Image: giphy.webp?cid=82a1493bqzyy5bqeq6v1amtzy....webp&ct=g]

I knew you were a wrong un!!!!!!!!!!  Angry

Big Grin

[Image: giphy.webp?cid=82a1493bwjaje9b6akduk0705....webp&ct=g]

pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 09-11-2021

To break out the booze, or to not break out the booze, that is the question??

(09-11-2021, 06:25 PM)quickbeam Wrote: To break out the booze, or to not break out the booze, that is the question??
Break it out!

Okay. If Leg End says so then I'd better do what I'm told!

Haha definitely break it out!

I tried a white chocolate orange today, was pleasantly surprised

(09-11-2021, 06:53 PM)nothing Wrote: Haha definitely break it out!

Oh, it's done!!

Is that like a Terry's Chocolate only with white chocolate? Honestly, I can't taste the orange in those, but I taste the chocolate so it's all good.

(09-11-2021, 07:05 PM)quickbeam Wrote:

Oh, it's done!!

Is that like a Terry's Chocolate only with white chocolate?  Honestly, I can't taste the orange in those, but I taste the chocolate so it's all good.

Yep, made by them too. Actually a decent orange taste/smell to it.

I love orange chocolate and white chocolate so will have to try that!

(09-11-2021, 07:35 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I love orange chocolate and white chocolate so will have to try that!

I was very skeptical, but then super happy

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 09-11-2021

[Image: DistortedAnxiousBlowfish-max-1mb.gif]

Chocolate and orange is one of the worst combinations there is.  I really don't understand how people like it.  And then to add it to the sweepings off the floor after they make proper chocolate?  Madness!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 10-11-2021

(09-11-2021, 10:36 PM)Zaph Wrote: [Image: DistortedAnxiousBlowfish-max-1mb.gif]
That gif is a bit halfhearted

More like :  https://youtu.be/GxRnenQYG7I  ( a very disgusting clip )

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 10-11-2021

Is it the time of year , dark nights , people busy.....both here and boards are quiet lately ..

Anyhow , halfway through Wednesday !

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 10-11-2021

My course is a major time suck for me! Damn real life interfering with my games!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 10-11-2021

(10-11-2021, 02:45 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: Is it the time of year , dark nights , people busy.....both here and boards are quiet lately ..

Anyhow , halfway through Wednesday !
Awful time of the year in work for us, budget changes have to be tested and signed off.  Nightmare every year

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 10-11-2021

After the werewolf game I decided to watch The Office US and finally got around to it this week. I'm about 5 episodes in and don't like, Michael Scott has to be the least likeable character ever. Should I stick with it?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 10-11-2021

(10-11-2021, 08:14 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: After the werewolf game I decided to watch The Office US and finally got around to it this week. I'm about 5 episodes in and don't like, Michael Scott has to be the least likeable character ever. Should I stick with it?

Sad

[Image: the-office-steve-carell.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 10-11-2021

(10-11-2021, 08:14 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: After the werewolf game I decided to watch The Office US and finally got around to it this week. I'm about 5 episodes in and don't like, Michael Scott has to be the least likeable character ever. Should I stick with it?

IIRC there's only 6 episodes in the first season so you may as well finish that and start Season 2. If you still don't like him at the start of Season 2 then it's not for you. There was a bit of an adjustment made in his character after Season 1, though he does remain quite annoying IMO.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - lorcand1990 - 10-11-2021

I'm re watching it at the moment for the same reason! I don't think you're really meant to 'like' Micheal to be honest. Do you think it's funny in general?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 10-11-2021

(10-11-2021, 09:20 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote:
I'm re watching it at the moment for the same reason! I don't think you're really meant to 'like' Micheal to be honest. Do you think it's funny in general?
I find it quite meh at the moment, but I found Schitt's Creek the same at first and ended up loving that.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Auto - 11-11-2021

I must be alone in not finding Schitts Creek funny ??

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Purple Mountain - 11-11-2021

(11-11-2021, 01:08 AM)Auto Wrote: I must be alone in not finding Schitts Creek funny ??
It's schit, @Auto!