A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 31-10-2021

Bit the bullet and tackled the task of cleaning the shed. 
Woodlice, cobwebs and spiders the size of a cat all over the place.....

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 31-10-2021

Appropriate for Halloween, at least!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - TheValeyard - 31-10-2021

Soaked trick or treating. Kids happy out, buckets filled with goodies.

Now time for the daddy tax.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 31-10-2021

No kids called asking for treats.

More for me.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 31-10-2021

Nobody called here either and it’s just as well as I had no sweets. After 15 years I suppose they’re finally getting the hint.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 31-10-2021

Happy Halloween Foggers Big Grin

I hope you have tricks and treats. Tonight is my last hurrah of eating whatever I want. So I think Dominoes and prosecco will ring in the witching hour Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ShaneU - 31-10-2021

Only one knock at the door, it used to be non-stop not long ago

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 31-10-2021

(31-10-2021, 08:54 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Happy Halloween Foggers Big Grin

I hope you have tricks and treats. Tonight is my last hurrah of eating whatever I want. So I think Dominoes and prosecco will ring in the witching hour Big Grin

Doing a No Booze November ?

How long will that last  Tongue 

Angel  I'm off it since getting back in Feb. I know its hard to believe but life doesn't come to a full stop without it

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - aaronjennings - 31-10-2021

No knocks here either, not even so much as an egg at the window Big Grin

Plenty of fireworks though

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Kol - 31-10-2021

Halloween isn't a big thing here though shops are stocking more and more things for it every year. I've never heard of any trick or threating or fireworks though.
Even Christmas here is very different, it's celebrated on the 24th.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 31-10-2021

(31-10-2021, 09:26 PM)dawg Wrote:
(31-10-2021, 08:54 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Happy Halloween Foggers Big Grin

Doing a No Booze November ?

How long will that last  Tongue 

Angel  I'm off it since getting back in Feb. I know its hard to believe but life doesn't come to a full stop without it
I most certainly am not! It will be back to being "good" with my eating but not the drinking  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 31-10-2021

I finally finished my drawing today, but still need to do 2 more before Friday. And redesign a book cover. I'm not panicking, you're panicking!

(31-10-2021, 09:54 PM)Kol Wrote: Halloween isn't a big thing here though shops are stocking more and more things for it every year. I've never heard of any trick or threating or fireworks though.
Where's this?
It's the same in Spain. Dinner on the 24th is the main event, the big family reunion. From 8ish pm you won't see a soul in the streets. Christmas day is not as big as here in Ireland, just more food. Some restaurants will be open so families can go for a meal out.

No knocks (thank fuck!) but lots of fireworks.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 31-10-2021

whooops, sorry just reading thru thread now, soz!

Smile Happy dieting Missus Frost O'Wise... I am just fruit and vegging it myself for the next month, to see if it helps my sluggishness.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 31-10-2021

(31-10-2021, 10:04 PM)nothing Wrote: I finally finished my drawing today, but still need to do 2 more before Friday. And redesign a book cover. I'm not panicking, you're panicking!
a book cover? wow, that sounds interesting!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 31-10-2021

(31-10-2021, 10:47 PM)DejaBoo Wrote:
(31-10-2021, 10:04 PM)nothing Wrote: I finally finished my drawing today, but still need to do 2 more before Friday. And redesign a book cover. I'm not panicking, you're panicking!
a book cover? wow, that sounds interesting!

Yep! We have to pick a book, look at its current/past covers, then redesign it using Adobe illustrator - front and back cover and spine. Lots of research, sketching and so on to be done still, haven't decided on a book yet, and definitely not panicking.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 31-10-2021

(31-10-2021, 02:47 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Seph got dressed up early.

[Image: giphy.webp?cid=82a1493bv23nmqvbfjlrx3x5f....webp&ct=g]

Hey leggings you promised you wouldn't post that!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 31-10-2021

(31-10-2021, 10:43 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: Is BabyNeoFro  on their way ? 

...9 months ???

Boo,  post needs one of you GIFs  Smile

(31-10-2021, 10:00 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: I most certainly am not! It will be back to being "good" with my eating but not the drinking  Big Grin
Oh !
OK !
So, its Domino's and salad for November

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 01-11-2021

(31-10-2021, 10:46 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: whooops, sorry just reading thru thread now, soz!

Smile Happy dieting Missus Frost O'Wise... I am just fruit and vegging it myself for the next month, to see if it helps my sluggishness.
Smile Same to you Boo. My favourite food group is carbs and by God does it make you feel like a walking dough ball.  Sick

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 01-11-2021

(01-11-2021, 02:01 AM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(31-10-2021, 10:46 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: whooops, sorry just reading thru thread now, soz!

Smile Same to you Boo. My favourite food group is carbs and by God does it make you feel like a walking dough ball.  Sick
Gawd I love carbs.  Blush

[Image: lucy-look.gif]

there ya go dawg, a gif Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 01-11-2021

(01-11-2021, 02:01 AM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: My favourite food group is carbs and by God does it make you feel like a walking dough ball.  Sick

(01-11-2021, 04:19 AM)DejaBoo Wrote: Gawd I love carbs.  Blush

Not all carbs are created equally, and it's silly (IM-unqualified-O) to cut them all out entirely. Sure, your refined sugars, and your white bread and pasta and rice are probably best dumped. But carbs should remain part of of a balanced healthy diet.

However, do as I say, don't do as I do Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Kol - 01-11-2021

(31-10-2021, 10:09 PM)Barna77 Wrote:
(31-10-2021, 09:54 PM)Kol Wrote: Halloween isn't a big thing here though shops are stocking more and more things for it every year. I've never heard of any trick or threating or fireworks though.
Where's this?
It's the same in Spain. Dinner on the 24th is the main event, the big family reunion. From 8ish pm you won't see a soul in the streets. Christmas day is not as big as here in Ireland, just more food. Some restaurants will be open so families can go for a meal out.
Slovakia

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 01-11-2021

(01-11-2021, 08:13 AM)quickbeam Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 02:01 AM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: My favourite food group is carbs and by God does it make you feel like a walking dough ball.  Sick

(01-11-2021, 04:19 AM)DejaBoo Wrote: Gawd I love carbs.  Blush

Not all carbs are created equally, and it's silly (IM-unqualified-O) to cut them all out entirely.  Sure, your refined sugars, and your white bread and pasta and rice are probably best dumped.  But carbs should remain part of of a balanced healthy diet.

However, do as I say, don't do as I do Tongue

Mmmm... bread and pasta (drooling emoji).
I love bread so much ... If only bread and cheese held all the nutrients we need and didn't make our stomachs angry! pac I'm going to my aunt's later this week so there will be some good variety and I won't have to cook it Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 01-11-2021

Cheese is food of the gods! Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 01-11-2021

Deskside, working on a book cover redesign for Terry Pratchett's Going Postal. Quite enjoying it, as long as I don't think about all the research/sketching I still have to do

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 01-11-2021

(01-11-2021, 04:19 AM)DejaBoo Wrote: Same to you Boo. My favourite food group is carbs and by God does it make you feel like a walking dough ball.  Sick
Gawd I love carbs.  Blush

[Image: lucy-look.gif]

there ya go dawg, a gif Big Grin

First laugh of the day,  Thanks Boo Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 01-11-2021

Mmmmmmm, cheese and carbs.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 02-11-2021

Out for breakfast, trying to decide between pancakes and french toast

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 02-11-2021

(02-11-2021, 10:44 AM)nothing Wrote: Out for breakfast, trying to decide between pancakes and french toast

[Image: the-road-to-el-dorado-both.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 02-11-2021

Haha if I could manage both, I would. Decided on french toast, can get pancakes next week

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 02-11-2021

How goes Going Postal?

(02-11-2021, 10:53 AM)quickbeam Wrote: How goes Going Postal?

On hold until tomorrow, but what I was working on yesterday won't work, background is too busy so impossible to read title etc. But know what I want to do to fix it. 

Today I'll be trying to finish drawing 2 of 3, but I'm not hopeful!

Original Discworld covers were fairly busy. Could actually be appropriate.

(02-11-2021, 10:58 AM)quickbeam Wrote: Original Discworld covers were fairly busy.  Could actually be appropriate.

Yeah, they definitely are, but teacher wants something different from what's already out there. I am planning to stick with an image that wraps around the book, just need to simplify what I have and make sure there are a few areas with enough space for titles etc

[Image: j3ichqA.jpeg]

It's cropped and all now, but I'm thinking of just making the stamps smaller and more of them

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 02-11-2021

Great looking stamps nothing. I particularly like the Vetinari penny black, that's a nice touch.

(02-11-2021, 11:37 AM)Zaph Wrote: Great looking stamps nothing.  I particularly like the Vetinari penny black, that's a nice touch.

Not my work, ripped from a discworld stamp site!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 02-11-2021

(02-11-2021, 11:39 AM)nothing Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 11:37 AM)Zaph Wrote: Great looking stamps nothing.  I particularly like the Vetinari penny black, that's a nice touch.

Not my work, ripped from a discworld stamp site!

You're too honest, I'd never have known Big Grin

(02-11-2021, 11:41 AM)Zaph Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 11:39 AM)nothing Wrote: Not my work, ripped from a discworld stamp site!

You're too honest, I'd never have known Big Grin

I had intended to do them, but the time factor is working against me, and no point reinventing the wheel pac