A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 29-10-2021

I never had nuns teach me. It was just an ordinary cunt teacher who said it to me Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 29-10-2021

I had 2 nuns between 3rd, 5th and 6th class

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 29-10-2021

I had loads o nuns teach me, every one of them was a cunt. I've yet to meet a nun I like.

Glad you used the c word first @quickbeam, but it's the most apt word for them. Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - RSOAPS - 29-10-2021

(29-10-2021, 04:20 PM)cee_jay Wrote: @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick did you see Little Big Town will be supporting The Eagles in the Aviva next year?

Ah, shame they're not supporting someone I actually want to see ( pac ), or even better just doing their own headline gig.

Also, not a fan of big stadium venues like the Aviva (that many people in the one place equals a panic attack for Soapy) - give me an intimate gig at The Academy or Whelans any day of the week and I'm there with bells on though.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 29-10-2021

Never had a nun teach me, but I'd put Christian Brothers into the same category. With one notable exception, every other one I came across was a prick of the highest order. Or in one particular case, a pervert of the highest order. Surprised I never saw his name in the papers in the years after I left school.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 29-10-2021

Ah nuns... I had the supposedly lesbian art teacher nun, the 'because god made it that way' science teacher nun (if you could get passed that answer for anything the reply to which should have been 'that's beyond the scope of our syllabus', she actually was an ok teacher), there was one sound nun but I only ever had her for religion so that was a waste Wink I definitely had as many bad secular teachers as I did nuns! pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 29-10-2021

(29-10-2021, 06:41 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(29-10-2021, 04:20 PM)cee_jay Wrote: @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick did you see Little Big Town will be supporting The Eagles in the Aviva next year?

Ah, shame they're not supporting someone I actually want to see ( pac ), or even better just doing their own headline gig.

Also, not a fan of big stadium venues like the Aviva (that many people in the one place equals a panic attack for Soapy) - give me an intimate gig at The Academy or Whelans any day of the week and I'm there with bells on though.
I went to Bon Jovi before as Matchbox 20 were the support band, and I'm a big fan. Seeing them on Vicar Street years later was much better to be honest. 
I have no interest in going to see The Eagles in the Aviva, like you I'd like to see them in a much smaller venue. The thing is those venues are probably much too small for their fan base elsewhere and would probably be like a step backwards.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - RSOAPS - 29-10-2021

(29-10-2021, 06:45 PM)cee_jay Wrote:
(29-10-2021, 06:41 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Ah, shame they're not supporting someone I actually want to see ( pac ), or even better just doing their own headline gig.

I went to Bon Jovi before as Matchbox 20 were the support band, and I'm a big fan. Seeing them on Vicar Street years later was much better to be honest. 
I have no interest in going to see The Eagles in the Aviva, like you I'd like to see them in a much smaller venue. The thing is those venues are probably much too small for their fan base elsewhere and would probably be like a step backwards.

Yeah, it's unfortunate. If they were co-headlining a big venue with someone like The Chicks now that would probably tempt me, panic attacks be damned.

One of the best gigs I ever went to was back in 2014 when The Shires and Ward Thomas were just starting out and they did a double-header gig in Whelans one night to a decent yet moderate sized crowd. After the gig they stayed around for a few drinks and I ended up just hanging out with them all for ages, and then after that me and a couple of friends ended up going to a Silent Disco with Ben and Chrissy (aka. The Shires) dancing the night away, and they gave us a shoutout on either their Facebook or Twitter (possibly both) with a group photo the next day... It was class...

And now that I've mentioned both bands, it's only common courtesy to throw in an obligatory YouTube song from both from their early days...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 29-10-2021

We had a nun as principal in primary school and she taught us in 5th class. I can't really say too much bad about her cos I was one of her faves pac

There was a group of us that were pretty good at the table quizzes of the time (Credit Union, Cadburys, Community Games, Pioneers the main ones I can think of) and if you made the team you had a much easier ride from her cos it was her pet project.

Then there was our first class teacher who SHOULD have been a nun but never took up the vocation, she'd wash your mouth out with soap if you cursed in front of her or give you a crack with a Sally rod across the legs or knuckles if you were fidgeting in class . That wasnt a fun year.

Secondary then we had a priest as a religion teacher up to Junior Cert. Surprisingly he wasn't too bad and was quite open about discussing other religions. Though if you spoke back or acted up in class he'd put you out for the period and you'd have to spend the rest of the time trying to avoid the principal so you didn't get in actual trouble pac one day we went for the record of people removed from class and 12 of us were hiding in a cloak room for 30 mins till our next class Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 29-10-2021

Used to be a big Eagles fan, I saw them every time they came to Ireland since Hell Freezes Over. I guess I still am, but since Glenn Frey died I haven't had the interest in seeing them live any more. Having his son join as replacement is fine. But Vince Gill seems pointless to me.

Last Eagles related thing I saw was Don Henley live when he toured a few years ago (and Bernie Leadon joined briefly which was FABULOUS!), so that's the last memory and I'm happy with that.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 29-10-2021

(29-10-2021, 01:48 PM)nothing Wrote: And my drawing progress (will be ignoring the background) 
[Image: FKF1jNE.jpeg]
Thats fantastic ! Smile

(  and how appropriate that there is Nothing in the background  Tongue   )

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 29-10-2021

[Image: 5Y9qHlB.jpeg]

Not made much progress today.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 29-10-2021

(29-10-2021, 04:48 PM)quickbeam Wrote: In retrospect I'm actually pretty pissed off by it.  I thought the point of school was to teach you things.  But it seemed unless you were already able to sing you weren't taught how to, and were basically just left to your own devices.

Totally with you on this QB.
Its the things that I was no good at that I should have been taught.

Something just for you freaky guys that like rain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtUnUc-2x78

If you're  into rain you wont be wanting sunshine, so this will be for you too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASzhmXCzoWg

Scott Walker had an amazing voice !     Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - TheValeyard - 30-10-2021

I've carved six pumpkins. No more.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 30-10-2021

[Image: doctor-who-rose-tyler.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 30-10-2021

(30-10-2021, 11:44 AM)TheValeyard Wrote: I've carved six pumpkins. No more.
Pics or it didn't happen!

Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - TheValeyard - 30-10-2021

See if this works

Says file too big

Here

Ah, how to I fix the size

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 30-10-2021

Haha they're deadly @TheValeyard

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 30-10-2021

(30-10-2021, 01:05 PM)TheValeyard Wrote: Here

Sorted that there, you need to click insert into post.. if you are on phone you may need to turn the phone landscape to see the button

Cheers dude

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 30-10-2021

They are some pumpkins, you go all out! Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 30-10-2021

Awesome pumpkins Vale, noiiice!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 30-10-2021

off topic, I think we should have a mam sheep Big Grin game

whoever matches to most of mams answers wins!

beaver pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 30-10-2021

(30-10-2021, 05:18 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: off topic, I think we should have a mam sheep Big Grin game

beaver pac

This is a class idea Big Grin

walrus meets sheep meets mam Smile

I love her answers!

(30-10-2021, 02:42 PM)Trigger Wrote:
(30-10-2021, 01:05 PM)TheValeyard Wrote: Here

Sorted that there, you need to click insert into post.. if you are on phone you may need to turn the phone landscape to see the button

(30-10-2021, 05:18 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: off topic, I think we should have a mam sheep Big Grin game

beaver pac
I've a feeling the number of kids is a trick question

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 30-10-2021

beaver pac

Lmao , you'd all have an out of body experience trying to get your minds set to whichever obscure frequency mine operates on I think  Big Grin

(In other words you'd think you were abducted by aliens pac )

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 30-10-2021

Halloween MS Paint Reveal Happening Now Folks!

(30-10-2021, 08:14 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote:

beaver pac

Lmao , you'd all have an out of body experience trying to get your minds set to whichever obscure frequency mine operates on I think  Big Grin

(In other words you'd think you were abducted by aliens pac )
sorted, an alien themed mammo sheep-a-walrus beaver it is! Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 30-10-2021

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween Liz!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Purple Mountain - 31-10-2021

It's absolutely lashing rain here for over 2 hours. I'm waiting to go asleep in ten minutes to watch my phone clock change automatically so I know that when I wake tomorrow, the time is correct.
Lol.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 31-10-2021

Happy Halloween! The one day of the year I don't need a disguise. pac
[Image: giphy.webp?cid=82a1493bys6aki6cfazxkh2r1....webp&ct=g]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 31-10-2021

Seph got dressed up early.

[Image: giphy.webp?cid=82a1493bv23nmqvbfjlrx3x5f....webp&ct=g]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 31-10-2021

(31-10-2021, 02:44 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Happy Halloween! The one day of the year I don't need a disguise.  pac
[Image: giphy.webp?cid=82a1493bys6aki6cfazxkh2r1....webp&ct=g]
Hey, that's my joke  Angry

Big Grin

Homeside here, got a pot of lentil stew bubbling away in the kitchen while the outside of my place is getting pelted by rain and wind. I'd say it's safe to say that autumn has fully arrived here. I love it  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - TheValeyard - 31-10-2021

Happy Halloween all!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 31-10-2021

Lashing rain here and the forecast suggests it will be all evening. Told the 3 year old we'd take her trick or treating later Confused

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 31-10-2021

[Image: happy-halloween-excited.gif]