A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 03-08-2021

Good morning everyone. Coffee machine warming up over here. Anyone else want a cup/mug/bucket? Wink

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 03-08-2021

Wheelbarrow please! Lots of sugar

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 03-08-2021

*Dispatches small coffee tanker to nothing*

Refills are available, so have at it Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 03-08-2021

Excellent, this *should* just about wake me up

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 03-08-2021

Nothing like 3 nespressos to start the day

*yawns* the desk can feck off, working from the couch today

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 03-08-2021

I'll take a coffee!

I'd forgotten how hard looking at a computer screen for ages is

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 03-08-2021

I'm still in bed. Oops.

I'm catching up on yesterday's synchronised swimming

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 03-08-2021

I want to stay in bed and eat ice cream and chocolate and peetza.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 03-08-2021

(03-08-2021, 03:44 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: I want to stay in bed and eat ice cream and chocolate and peetza.

Why not all three in one?

[Image: Triple-Chocolate-Ice-Cream-Pizza-HERO-2.jpg]

Oh wow EN ? I would devour that. We got wedding cake samples a few weeks ago and I was the happiest I'd ever been!

Oh my emoji posted as a question mark

Mmmm cakes

(03-08-2021, 04:18 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Oh wow EN ? I would devour that. We got wedding cake samples a few weeks ago and I was the happiest I'd ever been!

Ah yeah, I remember wedding cake sampling  Big Grin

...and the crash diet afterwards to get into my suit!

(03-08-2021, 04:31 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 04:18 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Oh wow EN ? I would devour that. We got wedding cake samples a few weeks ago and I was the happiest I'd ever been!

Ah yeah, I remember wedding cake sampling  Big Grin

...and the crash diet afterwards to get into my suit!

I ordered my dress a size bigger than I am. I thought ahead  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 03-08-2021

Couchside very confused about werewolf. Big Grin

(03-08-2021, 07:49 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Couchside very confused about werewolf. Big Grin

Are you going to join a game Leg?  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 03-08-2021

(03-08-2021, 07:51 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 07:49 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Couchside very confused about werewolf. Big Grin

Are you going to join a game Leg?  Big Grin

I have already and I has a confused.

All I can say is there is no wrong way to play and just go mad Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - TheValeyard - 03-08-2021

Do we have a discord group for this place?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 03-08-2021

65 members !!!!

[Image: tenor.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 03-08-2021

(03-08-2021, 08:16 PM)TheValeyard Wrote: Do we have a discord group for this place?

Not presently...

Very impressive

[Image: tenor.gif]

Great work guys - there's obviously been a lot of effort put into this, you deserve it to be a great success. And thank you all, it really is brilliant

We should all add a link to our Boards sigs like some have for Gubu.

I rarely see sigs unless I switch to the desktop site, but others seem to use that version.

(03-08-2021, 08:16 PM)TheValeyard Wrote: Do we have a discord group for this place?

This is like one massive Discord  Smile

(03-08-2021, 08:43 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:

This is like one massive Discord  Smile

Agreed, it seems to have kicked the chat into life, which is nice 

Think that may be my last ever game on boards finished, it really was just fiddly. Very glad to be over here now (though, like the hamsters spinning the wheels here, I'm sure I'll be glad to go back to boards if they do ever sort it out)

It's even a pain to follow a thread, the pages are so long and you need to constantly refresh to try to keep up.

Yeah, and each time you post it adds it to what you can see on screen, without adding any posts added in the meantime, so you have to refresh and scroll up to find where you were, just to read down again

And how have they not fixed the double spacing? It's such a simple thing, but it makes such a difference to the readability

Ah well, RIP boards I fear. Hope I'm wrong though, I'd check FG the most but there were other threads I'll miss

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - RSOAPS - 04-08-2021

(03-08-2021, 11:35 PM)E.N. Wrote: Ah well, RIP boards I fear. Hope I'm wrong though, I'd check FG the most but there were other threads I'll miss

Yeah, I know what you mean, there's a big part of me that hopes they can somehow sort boards out and rise from the ashes, but there's another part of me that feels it could well be beyond the point of no return as Fleetwood Mac go around and around in my head singing Never Going Back Again... pac 

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 04-08-2021

It's a telling sign that in the half hour I have before leaving for work, it's here I come and I haven't even opened Boards yet.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 04-08-2021

I still go to Boards first. It is struggling at the minute but I'm still fond of it.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 04-08-2021

It's an inglorious end for Boards, but it's all looking rather inevitable now.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 04-08-2021

I have mixed feelings on the whole situation. Boards has been my go to since 2013 - initially just for Pro Wrestling but then I got involved in the FG community and have watched it grow massively since that time.

I decided to give a little back by taking on modding two of the busiest forums but to be quite honest I've zero interest since the update. I cannot understand why they didn't utilise the community before making the switch over, even reading the Feedback thread you have people offering CSS fixes for the new platform already - these people and more including the guys that have set up this place would probably have had no problem giving a hand testing and checking out the new site before they made such a huge switch.

It's a terrible shame what is happening right now, it's been a staple for many of us for years (some much longer than me!), for me what's more important is keeping the community alive and it's quite clear it was dying a death day by day and week by week as time went on.
Maybe things will work out and we can go back to Boards but at least there's somewhere people can continue to play games for now.

Once again folks if there's anyone you want to invite feel free to send them a PM/add the sig of the site link to your profile/other and tell them to come over, the more the merrier!!!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 04-08-2021

I joined boards in 2000 or so to keep in touch with the ctyi gang on the advice of a friend. Usually more of a lurker, til I finally found you lot! I only know one boardsie in real life, my cousin, but not sure he posts much as we don't cross virtual paths. Never went to any beers after a... weird... encounter with bubbles. *shudder*

Anyway, finding I'm on here much more than there. I never imagined leaving it, but it's loading slower, the whiteness is blinding, formatting is ugly. I don't think I'll stay there much longer if they don't iron out the kinks.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 04-08-2021

Sig added now!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 04-08-2021

I joined Boards in 2015. It kinda saved me in many ways and that's no exaggeration. Many a lonely night was spent with Boardsies for company.

My first home there was the Noc Forum and I loved the chats. It was a little strange at first because I was connecting with people who I couldn't see and didn't really know. I wasn't long getting in to it though. One of my best friends came from that forum and another from AH.

In fact I've had so many great experiences thanks to Boards. I've been to nights out and days out and met some fantastic and some not so fantastic people. There are plenty still I'd love to meet in 'real life'.

I would be very very sad if it went away and I think a alot of people would.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - HildaSilvioOgden - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 09:41 AM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: I still go to Boards first. It is struggling at the minute but I'm still fond of it.

Same here.

It's a shame, as has been said, that users on boards weren't asked to test stuff before the shambles that it now is, was launched. I still read and post there. It's a hard habit to break after so long. 

But the traffic is (understandably) way way down. I hope it can be saved yet.  Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 04-08-2021

It's sad to see what has happened to Boards . It was a lifeline for a lot of people (myself included ) at times when we maybe didn't have any other outlet , or others to talk to .
Still post there too , but it's painfully slow , it "shudders" when scrolling up or down for me , yet I think a lot of us are posting away , trying to encourage a few more to do so also !

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 04-08-2021

Deskside, stewing. Looks like my Kindle died overnight. Granted I didn't spend too much on it when I got it, but it's still frustrating.

Rest of the day is going about as well, I should really just have stayed in bed...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 10:56 AM)nothing Wrote: I joined boards in 2000 or so to keep in touch with the ctyi gang on the advice of a friend. Usually more of a lurker, til I finally found you lot! I only know one boardsie in real life, my cousin, but not sure he posts much as we don't cross virtual paths. Never went to any beers after a... weird... encounter with bubbles. *shudder*

Anyway, finding I'm on here much more than there. I never imagined leaving it, but it's loading slower, the whiteness is blinding, formatting is ugly. I don't think I'll stay there much longer if they don't iron out the kinks.

Is "bubbles" the name of a poster?  Or is it actual bubbles?  I think we need to hear this full story.

Be warned though if you meet us for beers, there may not be bubbles involved but there very well might be balloons and one member has a strange habit of nicking balloons from other tables Tongue