A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 25-10-2021

Write like the wind, thomil!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 25-10-2021

Kitchenside with two of my favourite little people, there's a 3 old little biyeen (my nephew)  helping me build a tower with blocks and and there's a 1 and a half year old little princess (my niece) waddling around the kitchen calling my name  .

Here is said tower 

[Image: IMG20211025132925.jpg]

photo url

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 25-10-2021

That is an excellent tower!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 25-10-2021

I'll second what Nothing said. Impressive, most impressive.

Maybe we should give that little guy the job of building the Customs House Tower here in Cork. At least then, it has a chance of getting built pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 25-10-2021

Smile

Hard hat and Hi-Viz jacket on Christmas list for construction crew ?

*twiddles thumbs*

I should do something

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 25-10-2021

(25-10-2021, 05:41 PM)nothing Wrote: *twiddles thumbs*

I should do something

No you shouldn't. Sit back and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

(25-10-2021, 05:48 PM)quickbeam Wrote:
(25-10-2021, 05:41 PM)nothing Wrote: *twiddles thumbs*

I should do something

No you shouldn't.  Sit back and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

I'm off for the week but do have some catching up to do

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 25-10-2021

Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow.

You're so right. Fuck it, it can wait.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 26-10-2021

So busy recently, haven't had much time to check in here. How's all folks?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 26-10-2021

@Necro it seems to be quite than usual here lately, time of year of suppose ☺

Made chicken curry here , son will have it , I threw some duck spring rolls into the oven for myself pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 26-10-2021

We pulled our old kitchen out this weekend. So until 12th November all our meals will be cooked in either the airfryer or microwave.
Tonight's delicacy was an M&S lasagne. I have an M&S Chinese feast lined up for tomorrow night Big Grin

It also means we got no laundry done over the past few days so I'm currently sat in my car at an Applegreen waiting for Laundry Revolution to finish washing and drying our clothes. Not the best time to be reading a horror book!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 26-10-2021

What are you reading @cee_jay ?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 26-10-2021

The Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James.
I never read horror, but it is for book club and they wanted a horror for Halloween.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 26-10-2021

Ah. I do like horror though I don't really find any of them that "horrific". Tis the season. All the booktubers I follow are doing horror for the whole month. I don't know that one though. Hope you enjoy it and it doesn't put you off horror forever as there are some great ones out there.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 26-10-2021

(26-10-2021, 08:10 PM)cee_jay Wrote: We pulled our old kitchen out this weekend. So until 12th November all our meals will be cooked in either the airfryer or microwave.
Tonight's delicacy was an M&S lasagne. I have an M&S Chinese feast lined up for tomorrow night Big Grin

It also means we got no laundry done over the past few days so I'm currently sat in my car at an Applegreen waiting for Laundry Revolution to finish washing and drying our clothes. Not the best time to be reading a horror book!

Well la-di-da look at you food shopping in M&S.. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95266959af0d5dd47b497...y.gif&ct=g]

(26-10-2021, 08:47 PM)Trigger Wrote:
(26-10-2021, 08:10 PM)cee_jay Wrote: We pulled our old kitchen out this weekend. So until 12th November all our meals will be cooked in either the airfryer or microwave.

Well la-di-da look at you food shopping in M&S.. 

I needed a treat... We will be lucky for our relationship to survive the kitchen renovation Big Grin M&S was the furthest shop I could think of to be out of the house the longest Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 26-10-2021

(26-10-2021, 08:50 PM)cee_jay Wrote:
(26-10-2021, 08:47 PM)Trigger Wrote: Well la-di-da look at you food shopping in M&S.. 

I needed a treat... We will be lucky for our relationship to survive the kitchen renovation Big Grin M&S was the furthest shop I could think of to be out of the house the longest Big Grin

[Image: a54e1d56f7e6e33416698434d1f3b337.jpg]

pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 26-10-2021

Pro tip - go to M & S an hour before it closes and buy the reduced items near their BBF date, they're OK for a few days. Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 26-10-2021

(26-10-2021, 09:24 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Pro tip - go to M & S an hour before it closes and buy the reduced items near their BBF date, they're OK for a few days. Big Grin
Yep. Quite often I've seen a big group of people at the bakery area waiting for the reduced breads. I think they snatch any loaf before they hit the shelves 
Food Wars!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 26-10-2021

(26-10-2021, 10:13 PM)Barna77 Wrote:
(26-10-2021, 09:24 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Pro tip - go to M & S an hour before it closes and buy the reduced items near their BBF date, they're OK for a few days. Big Grin
Yep. Quite often I've seen a big group of people at the bakery area waiting for the reduced breads. I think they snatch any loaf before they hit the shelves 
Food Wars!
A lot of the chilled food can be frozen too, so you can have a stock of easy meals in the freezer.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 26-10-2021

I may or may not be known to do this frequently
but claim that I have never done it at M&S

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 26-10-2021

(26-10-2021, 10:49 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: A lot of the chilled food can be frozen too, so you can have a stock of easy meals in the freezer.

Leggy spills the beans

Next she will explain how to refresh salad type veggies   Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 26-10-2021

(26-10-2021, 10:13 PM)Barna77 Wrote:
Food Wars!

Saw that regularly when I was working in Ballincollig but still living in the city centre. I could still afford M & S then, besides it was the only place in town to get Frankfurters that actually came close to the German original. In a British store... Any way, it was like vultures circling around closing time...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 26-10-2021

There was a twitter thread last year about a lad working in M&S and getting the family Christmas dinner after closing on Christmas eve when it was all reduced

It's a mildly entertaining read, if you're bored

https://twitter.com/RichyCraven/status/1332095349176086536?t=RkiLZwHs0h9tOy-hA2kgbA&s=19

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 27-10-2021

not a fan of m&s myself, i have a very uncultured pallete and most their stuff is just yucky to me. i just prefer simpler tastes. but i know its me! not everybody else!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 27-10-2021

I find M & S desserts to be far too rich and heavy, but I love some of their savory stuff.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 27-10-2021

Sofaside after a long zoom call, exhausted. Lots of tidying up needs doing today, maybe after lunch.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 27-10-2021

(25-10-2021, 03:06 PM)thomil Wrote: I'll second what Nothing said. Impressive, most impressive.

Maybe we should give that little guy the job of building the Customs House Tower here in Cork. At least then, it has a chance of getting built pac

He actually did put in a bid 

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 27-10-2021

That's a wild evening out there, definitely a night for the fire!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 27-10-2021

Been happily listening to the rain for a couple hours now. Hope there's more.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 27-10-2021

(27-10-2021, 02:05 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote:
(25-10-2021, 03:06 PM)thomil Wrote: I'll second what Nothing said. Impressive, most impressive.

He actually did put in a bid 

Good to see that there are finally some responsible adults involved in that project  Big Grin

Just finished work here in Atlantis-on-Lee. For the first time, I was actually glad about the Australia calls and subsequent early starts on Wednesdays pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 28-10-2021

The rain has finally stopped, hope none of you were washed away in the deluge. Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 28-10-2021

(28-10-2021, 01:27 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: The rain has finally stopped, hope none of you were washed away in the deluge. Tongue

I miss it already, its a nice stress reliever to listen to it hitting the window behind you when you are working

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 28-10-2021

(28-10-2021, 01:27 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: The rain has finally stopped, hope none of you were washed away in the deluge. Tongue

Not yet anyways...

[Image: throwing-money-paying-bills.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 28-10-2021

Sofaside, lunch time, then I really really need to get some drawing done this afternoon

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 28-10-2021

There's more on the way, Trigger!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 28-10-2021

Me and a friend did get washed away and stranded for a bit leggings 

[Image: Art%2BCat%2BGIF%2B%25E2%2580%25A2%2B2%2B...%2Bday.gif]

but then another friend came along and helped us out 

[Image: cute-swimming.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 28-10-2021

I sat in my friend's car earlier while it lashed, really enjoyed it, I think it might be my favourite sound - rain pounding on things.