A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 16-10-2021

Never had the flu jab either and I don't intend to. I did get the Covid jabs, so not an antivaxxer or anything.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 16-10-2021

I've only started getting it since I got diabetes and the GP suggested it. Might have to get covid booster at some point too.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 16-10-2021

I get the flu jab every year, I'm actually getting it tomorrow morning. I have asthma, so the flu isn't fun at all if I get it, which thankfully I've only ever done once. That was before I started getting vaccinated and I never want to experience that again.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 16-10-2021

I don't think I've ever had the flu. Not in my adult life anyway. I don't even get colds. I won't get the Covid booster, I don't think. Two were enough.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 16-10-2021

The flu is one of the most unpleasant things I've ever experienced, I felt like I'd been hit by a bus. I felt really crappy and thought I had a bad cold, so I called in sick. After a while I came downstairs to get something to eat. I lay on the couch first, and only managed to drag myself off it 8 hours later to make some toast. It took several days before I could function even half-normally and it was a couple of weeks before I was fully better again.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 16-10-2021

I've never had the flu, just colds with a dramatic "I'm dying" attitude as the major symptom. Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Purple Mountain - 16-10-2021

Yea I only had the flu once years and years ago. I made my mam bring me to the gp. This was before I really had knowledge about viruses and that it was pointless going to the doctor. I lay across the car back seat, I was too weak to even sit up. I was also so shivery, I wore a wolly hat to bed.
After having it once, I know the difference between colds and flu now and if you had said the house was burning down, I don't know if I'd have had the energy to get up and get out of the bed when I had that flu.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 16-10-2021

That sounds grim Zaph. Don't think I've ever had it. My work were offering it for free when my wife was pregnant the first time so I got it to protect her. Have got it every year since then, it's just become habit

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 16-10-2021

I think the only time I can remember having the flu was the exotic Australian one a few years back . . No thanks , don't want any more flu viruses , that was enough .

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 16-10-2021

About to go to de shop

In other news

I made a post on Mumsnet last night ( dont ask ...  Angel )

Simple statement of fact ( no opinion expressed  Tongue )

It seems it did not go down well

I was, I think 'lynched' is the word Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 16-10-2021

All those blanks lines in my post above...I cant get shut of them . Didnt have this issue yesterday.  Anyone else having the same problem or know how to fix same ?

They look like normal hard returns which can be deleted.

(16-10-2021, 07:23 PM)dawg Wrote: Simple statement of fact ( no opinion expressed  Tongue )

No room in this world for facts any more. Feelings are much more important than facts.

(16-10-2021, 07:23 PM)dawg Wrote: About to go to de shop

In other news
I made a post on Mumsnet last night ( dont ask ...  Angel )
Simple statement of fact ( no opinion expressed  Tongue )
It seems it did not go down well
I was, I think 'lynched' is the word Big Grin

Even if it was the last place on the internet to post, I wouldn't go near Mumsnet, although admittedly I'm not their demographic on at least two counts.  Everything I've seen from there has re-defined my definition of batshit crazy.  I vaguely remember something from there either spilling over onto Boards, or possibly being mentioned in the admins forum as a "get a load of this" story.  Anyway, whatever it was, I do remember that it's the closest I've ever seen to Dav's head exploding, he just couldn't cope with the stratospheric levels of nonsense on display.  And Dav had put up with a huge amount of nonsense on Boards over the years.  If it could do that to him, it's definitely not somewhere mere mortals should venture.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 16-10-2021

(16-10-2021, 07:54 PM)quickbeam Wrote:
(16-10-2021, 07:23 PM)dawg Wrote: Simple statement of fact ( no opinion expressed  Tongue )

No room in this world for facts any more.  Feelings are much more important than facts.
The sudden change from "I think" to "I feel" as justification for nonsense is testament to that, we can't be so cruel as to dismiss someone's "truth". That "My truth" bs really annoys me.

No one can contradict me BTW, I feel like I have just expressed my truth. Tongue

@dawg, mumsnet? Big Grin

(16-10-2021, 07:51 PM)quickbeam Wrote: They look like normal hard returns which can be deleted.
Thanks
Edited the post just now to try to clean it up...something a bit odd going on....backspace at start of line sometimes brings cursor to end of same line and sometimes to what I would expect ( i.e. the end of line above ).
Was playing around with cp last night, is there something I could have changed  that might cause this ?

(16-10-2021, 08:40 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: @dawg, mumsnet? Big Grin

I always wear my disguise when over there !
[Image: 471fc5d315945b11805fa0f495c8de64.jpg]

might have gone down better if I'd posted as myself Big Grin

@Zaph      nail hit on head

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 16-10-2021

(16-10-2021, 04:51 PM)Zaph Wrote: I get the flu jab every year, I'm actually getting it tomorrow morning.  I have asthma, so the flu isn't fun at all if I get it, which thankfully I've only ever done once.  That was before I started getting vaccinated and I never want to experience that again.

I'm getting next week as asthma too, I usually get sick after getting it

(16-10-2021, 08:41 PM)dawg Wrote:
(16-10-2021, 07:51 PM)quickbeam Wrote: They look like normal hard returns which can be deleted.
Thanks
Edited the post just now to try to clean it up...something a bit odd going on....backspace at start of line sometimes brings cursor to end of same line and sometimes to what I would expect ( i.e. the end of line above ).
Was playing around with cp last night, is there something I could have changed  that might cause this ?
I think there was something about this in the housekeeping thread and it was to do with CP settings. Have a read and if you don't see anything quote your post and ask in there.

I'd imagine you'll have to wait for a response because there's a certain wedding happening today I believe!

Ah !

So its The Housekeeper that's being married ?

Angel

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 17-10-2021

It's very quiet here today ...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 17-10-2021

Came in to post that Leggy and just saw your message !

Just after lighting the cooker here , don't think I've to venture out for anything , probably jinxed myself saying that though ☺

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 17-10-2021

Sofaside, watching y the last man instead of sorting an assignment

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 17-10-2021

Deskside here, just after throwing a load of linen into the washer. Got one blog post completely written up and ready for layout and publication, got the first draft done for another one.

Now, what to have for lunch???

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 17-10-2021

Busy day reading here.

@thomil care to share your blog?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 17-10-2021

(17-10-2021, 03:01 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Busy day reading here.

Ask and ye shall receive  Big Grin

https://thomil-english.blogspot.com

I try to publish new articles every Wednesday at 9.30 AM, but unfortunately, real life has a habit of intervening sometimes  Confused

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 17-10-2021

(17-10-2021, 04:52 PM)thomil Wrote:
(17-10-2021, 03:01 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Busy day reading here.

Ask and ye shall receive  Big Grin

https://thomil-english.blogspot.com

I try to publish new articles every Wednesday at 9.30 AM, but unfortunately, real life has a habit of intervening sometimes  Confused

......thread goes quiet as we're all busy reading your blog ....☺

They might be busy for a while then. That blog currently has 184 published posts going back as far as 2011, with posts 185 and 186 currently in their final stages pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 17-10-2021

@thomil your new office looks amazing!

Thanks, if our kitchen was fully stocked, it would be even better Wink I kinda miss the pre-pandemic free food...

Then again, it really is a nice office, open plan enough so you can actually collaborate, but with enough nooks and crannies to hide away in when you need some time for yourself.

(17-10-2021, 08:19 PM)thomil Wrote: Thanks, if our kitchen was fully stocked, it would be even better Wink I kinda miss the pre-pandemic free food...

Then again, it really is a nice office, open plan enough so you can actually collaborate, but with enough nooks and crannies to hide away in when you need some time for yourself.
If I ever find myself in the People's Republic you can give me a tour. Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 17-10-2021

I've managed to do absolutely nothing today, despite an assignment due tomorrow

(17-10-2021, 08:29 PM)nothing Wrote: I've managed to do absolutely nothing today, despite an assignment due tomorrow
Probably not the best plan! Will it take long to complete?

(17-10-2021, 08:38 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(17-10-2021, 08:29 PM)nothing Wrote: I've managed to do absolutely nothing today, despite an assignment due tomorrow
Probably not the best plan! Will it take long to complete?

Longer than I have left to do it, but I did miss a week so hoping for a little leeway on it

(17-10-2021, 08:40 PM)nothing Wrote:
(17-10-2021, 08:38 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Probably not the best plan! Will it take long to complete?

Longer than I have left to do it, but I did miss a week so hoping for a little leeway on it
Hopefully you do, but you should ask asap!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 17-10-2021

I usually get a flu jab on Halloween, not sure I will attempt it this year.
The jab is well worth it though, I've had 2 "kill me now" flu's before, and one took out my strong step-dad.

(sorry, just catching up on the thread)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 18-10-2021

First day back in office done and dusted.. on the manky train home.. fit for bed!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 18-10-2021

(18-10-2021, 04:13 PM)Trigger Wrote: First day back in office done and dusted.. on the manky train home.. fit for bed!

I have that to look forward to on Friday.  Really not relishing the prospect of being back on the train.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 18-10-2021

(18-10-2021, 04:38 PM)Zaph Wrote:
(18-10-2021, 04:13 PM)Trigger Wrote: First day back in office done and dusted.. on the manky train home.. fit for bed!

I have that to look forward to on Friday.  Really not relishing the prospect of being back on the train.
Worst part of the day anyways.. I'm in for this week and then back on Mondays from November. Was alright I suppose..

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 18-10-2021

I'll just be doing Fridays for a few weeks and then we'll be doing two days a week in the office from late November. Could be worse, I suppose.