A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 14-10-2021

It's back there now , I just checked .

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Declan A Walsh - 14-10-2021

I will look at Boards on the Desktop over the weekend. Not giving up on it yet, but something has got to give eventually. I am currently an active member on three different forums. It all started for me more than 15 years ago with Radiowaves Forum. A short time after I got really active on Radiowaves I also signed up to Boards.ie. The Radiowaves Forum was always the main one but I was gradually spending a bit more time on Boards. Then, when Radiowaves Forum was shut down as an interactive site, I already had a foot in the door in Boards and it took over. The only difference now is that I discovered the Forum Games on Boards nearly two years ago, so here I am trying to follow three forum sites!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 14-10-2021

(14-10-2021, 08:21 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(14-10-2021, 08:17 PM)Trigger Wrote: They say on twitter that a scheduled update brought it down, and hoping to get it back up ASAP..  so maybe a week or so Big Grin
I knew it! Tongue

All the upgrades tend to cause problems now, and if they're sort all the customisations will cause problems and eventually a new "upgrade" will be announced.

They could have gone for whatever platform is used here, it seems to have all the functions old Boards had and is easy to navigate.

And, its free.

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 14-10-2021

(14-10-2021, 09:15 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(14-10-2021, 08:21 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I knew it! Tongue

All the upgrades tend to cause problems now, and if they're sort all the customisations will cause problems and eventually a new "upgrade" will be announced.

They could have gone for whatever platform is used here, it seems to have all the functions old Boards had and is easy to navigate.

And, its free.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Well that just shows the level of incompetence that led to the current mess! I really feel sorry for Niamh having to respond in Feedback every time the shit hits the fan.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 14-10-2021

(14-10-2021, 11:06 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(14-10-2021, 09:37 AM)Barna77 Wrote: I met an ex on Boards.

Now he's getting married to someone else and I'm invited to that wedding  pac
Is there a prize for guessing who your ex is? Tongue

(14-10-2021, 11:19 AM)Kol Wrote:
(14-10-2021, 11:06 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Is there a prize for guessing who your ex

My guess is Neo  Wink

Ha ha

He hasn't been on Boards in many years and I doubt he's on here either

Well a collective congrats to all the newly weds / soon to be married / soon to be parents / house buyers / lottery winner hopefuls (deluded because I'm going to win it)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 14-10-2021

(14-10-2021, 09:26 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: ....I really feel sorry for Niamh having to respond in Feedback every time the shit hits the fan.

She could do herself a favour, get another job

Or is she  locked in with a holding ?

We need the local busy body to investigate  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 14-10-2021

(14-10-2021, 09:54 PM)dawg Wrote:
(14-10-2021, 09:26 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: ....I really feel sorry for Niamh having to respond in Feedback every time the shit hits the fan.

She could do herself a favour, get another job

Or is she  locked in with a holding ?

We need the local busy body to investigate  Big Grin
I'd say she's actively looking, I'm not sure having Boards on your CV would inspire confidence in any employer though!

Joking aside, she's always been pleasant to deal with and I think most posters know she's sent out in front of the firing squad.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 14-10-2021

(14-10-2021, 10:03 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I'd say she's actively looking, I'm not sure having Boards on your CV would inspire confidence in any employer though!

Joking aside, she's always been pleasant to deal with and I think most posters know she's sent out in front of the firing squad.
Talk about someone being caught between a rock and hard place!

Niamh is a gem, it would be a real loss to Boards to lose her. 

I do wish she had another Mark, to help shoulder the load.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 15-10-2021

Sofaside, feeling rough but not sure why. Pesky body. Need to work on course stuff at some point today

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 15-10-2021

Hope you feel better nothing!

I am having a cuppa and procrastinating dish duty.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Purple Mountain - 15-10-2021

Congratulations to Neowise and Diamonds on their wedding and to Necro and Necrina on their impending baby.
And congrats, Deja on the new MS Paint, I've just sent across mine now so the ball is well and truly rolling!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 15-10-2021

I'll second the congratulations for our newlyweds and soon-to-be-parents Smile

Homeside here and let me tell you, I've never been so glad to see the tail end of a week!!!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 15-10-2021

I forgot Lorcand and his wife are due their first baby in December too, so that's 2 impending new arrivals!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 15-10-2021

(15-10-2021, 03:01 PM)nothing Wrote: Sofaside, feeling rough but not sure why. Pesky body. Need to work on course stuff at some point today
The dark mornings and evenings aren't helping, the weeks seem to be twice as long now.

I'm sure all our immune systems are on holidays too after all the restrictions, so you might have picked up a seasonal (non-Covid 19!) bug. Dr. Leggy prescribes TV, fluids and rest.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 15-10-2021

(15-10-2021, 10:21 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(15-10-2021, 03:01 PM)nothing Wrote: Sofaside, feeling rough but not sure why. Pesky body. Need to work on course stuff at some point today
The dark mornings and evenings aren't helping, the weeks seem to be twice as long now.

I'm sure all our immune systems are on holidays too after all the restrictions, so you might have picked up a seasonal (non-Covid 19!) bug. Dr. Leggy prescribes TV, fluids and rest.

Excellent prescription and exactly what I did today

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 15-10-2021

(15-10-2021, 10:21 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: ...

Did Dr Leggy forget that essential for life, to wit  : Custard  ?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 15-10-2021

(15-10-2021, 10:44 PM)dawg Wrote:

Did Dr Leggy forget that essential for life, to wit  : COFFEE  ?

I agree Dawg , coffee soothes all that  ails...

Tongue

Mmmmm custard... But no milk to make any Sad

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 15-10-2021

(15-10-2021, 10:21 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
Depressing alright.
But only for a few weeks. That's what I focus on. And before you realise, it's January and it starts to get brighter in the mornings and evenings 

#grandstretch

(15-10-2021, 10:44 PM)dawg Wrote:

Did Dr Leggy forget that essential for life, to wit  : Custard  ?
I'd love some custard now! That's going on the shopping list.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 15-10-2021

(15-10-2021, 11:08 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I'd love some custard now! That's going on the shopping list.

Need to know more

- premade ?
- or made from powder
- what about egg custard ? have you made it ?
- creme caramel is not unpleasant.....and is a close relation of egg custard Big Grin

When it comes to comfort food, how does pudding rice ( perhaps with sultanas ) stack up against custard ?

Thats enough important questions for one night

I wish you all Sweet Dreams

Omg, tin of rice heated up with a little jam added... Mmmm

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 15-10-2021

Sweet dreams of custard, dawg!

nomnomnom, nothing!

(15-10-2021, 11:17 PM)dawg Wrote:
(15-10-2021, 11:08 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I'd love some custard now! That's going on the shopping list.

Need to know more

- premade ?
- or made from powder
- what about egg custard ? have you made it ?
- creme caramel is not unpleasant.....and is a close relation of egg custard Big Grin

When it comes to comfort food, how does pudding rice ( perhaps with sultanas ) stack up against custard ?

Thats enough important questions for one night

I wish you all Sweet Dreams
Premade custard for me, the cooker and I are not on speaking terms! Sultanas in rice pudding? That's the work of the devil!

(15-10-2021, 11:24 PM)nothing Wrote: Omg, tin of rice heated up with a little jam added... Mmmm
Oh, yes! But a very important question, and you shall be judged on the answer - what flavour jam?

Choose wisely ...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 16-10-2021

Flavour ?

Red

It has to be red !

( what's up with the sultanas in the rice ? )

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 16-10-2021

(16-10-2021, 12:02 AM)dawg Wrote: Flavour ?

Red

It has to be red !

( what's up with the sultanas in the rice ? )
The jam has to be raspberry or blackcurrant.

I hate dried fruit in general. I'll make an exception for scones, Christmas cake and Christmas pudding. But rice? Nope. Bread and butter pudding? I won't dignify that with an answer!

Ambrosia creamed rice and jam is an ultimate comfort food though and perfect for winter.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 16-10-2021

Dried fruit is the work of the devil and has no place in a civilised society. Neither does rice pudding for that matter, why would anyone want to eat something that looks like it's been digested already?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 16-10-2021

(16-10-2021, 12:39 AM)Zaph Wrote: Dried fruit is the work of the devil and has no place in a civilised society.  Neither does rice pudding for that matter, why would anyone want to eat something that looks like it's been digested already?
I see your logic on the former but you need to stop that nonsense on the latter.

Rice pudding is up there with custard. Trust me, I'm a doctor.
[Image: giphy.webp?cid=82a1493b1wyb627axebtytqpo....webp&ct=g]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 16-10-2021

(16-10-2021, 01:06 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(16-10-2021, 12:39 AM)Zaph Wrote: Dried fruit is the work of the devil and has no place in a civilised society.  Neither does rice pudding for that matter, why would anyone want to eat something that looks like it's been digested already?
I see your logic on the former but you need to stop that nonsense on the latter.

Rice pudding is up there with custard. Trust me, I'm a doctor.
[Image: giphy.webp?cid=82a1493b1wyb627axebtytqpo....webp&ct=g]

I couldn't agree more, rice custard is definitely up there with custard  - as something nobody should choose to eat voluntarily. Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 16-10-2021

Oooh rice pudding, cinnamon, nutmeg - nice autumn treat. Must make!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 16-10-2021

(16-10-2021, 01:33 AM)Zaph Wrote: I couldn't agree more, rice custard is definitely up there with custard  - as something nobody should choose to eat voluntarily. Tongue

+100.

Rice pudding is horrible stuff. If I absolutely had to, I'd probably eat it ahead of custard as that's worse, but they're both awful things that should be scratched from the face of the earth and burned in to the sun.

I like fluffy savoury rice with a curry or chili or something. I don't like sticky rice whether it's savoury or sweet.

I do quite like dried fruit though.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 16-10-2021

(15-10-2021, 11:03 PM)Barna77 Wrote: Depressing alright.
But only for a few weeks. That's what I focus on. And before you realise, it's January and it starts to get brighter in the mornings and evenings 

#grandstretch

I love the winter solstice. Maybe it's the inner druid in me or something, but there's something magical about knowing that this is as dark as it's going to get and that it's only going to get brighter from here on in (even if you don't start noticing it for a month or two afterwards). It makes a lot more sense as a time of "fresh start" than New Year which is pretty much arbitrarily plucked out of the calendar.

Just had coffee and a raspberry and apple Danish, off now to gatecrash a certain wedding. Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 16-10-2021

Sofaside, waiting on tablet and pc to cop on and connect to each other so I can keep going with coursework

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 16-10-2021

(16-10-2021, 01:13 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Just had coffee and a raspberry and apple Danish, off now to gatecrash a certain wedding. Big Grin

Is there a Twitter account we can follow your exploits on?  Big Grin

Deskside here, working away on a new blog post and waiting for the weekly FaceTime call with a friend of mine.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 16-10-2021

(16-10-2021, 01:13 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Just had coffee and a raspberry and apple Danish, off now to gatecrash a certain wedding. Big Grin

You went without me  Angry

(16-10-2021, 02:49 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote:

You went without me  Angry
I saw you waiting and your fascinator was nicer than mine! Cool

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 16-10-2021

(16-10-2021, 03:07 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(16-10-2021, 02:49 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: You went without me  Angry
I saw you waiting and your fascinator was nicer than mine! Cool

That was my natural hair style  Angry

pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 16-10-2021

Just had my flu jab, the excitement never ends here!

I've never had a flu jab, probably a good idea with Covid. If you went out and about with cold or flu symptoms you'd be treated like a leper.