A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 10-10-2021

I honestly don't know how people do daily things with nails like that , EG - get dressed without stabbing themselves!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 10-10-2021

I have quite short nails, I spend my days typing, so they need to be kept short. I like having them shaped, and change up the colour often, so it is a treat I enjoy.
I see people trying to use their phones etc with nails that long and they look so awkward. And how to they wipe their bum? Do they end up hurting themselves? It just seems so impractical!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 10-10-2021

Bah ! that only a pic of Persepoly

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 10-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 09:54 PM)cee_jay Wrote: I have quite short nails, I spend my days typing, so they need to be kept short. I like having them shaped, and change up the colour often, so it is a treat I enjoy.
I see people trying to use their phones etc with nails that long and they look so awkward. And how to they wipe their bum? Do they end up hurting themselves? It just seems so impractical!
I'd imagine you need a good scrub with a nail brush after anyway! Cool

I like nail polish, but not a fan of false nails. I use a computer every day too so my nails are also a sensible length.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 10-10-2021

My nails are kept short to the quick. Only way I can avoid biting them.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 10-10-2021

I type no bother with my longer nails but I generally grow them out to that length - I couldn't just go from nothing to long nails and and manage, you adjust the angle you do things at, just happens naturally as they grow. I couldn't cope for the first few weeks last year when I had to cut them down short all of a sudden pac Mine aren't that long, nothing like the pic long, and not pointy Big Grin Nails like that require a whole roll of loo paper for every trip Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 11-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 02:32 PM)thomil Wrote: I've spent the last hour or so watching a volcano in the Canary Islands Wink
I have Spanish tv live feed on a separate tab on my computer as I type. That beast is loud and wild!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 11-10-2021

Sofaside, classes done for the day though still have bits to work on. Maybe later

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 11-10-2021

I am choking down some dry turkey and have come to see if Elf Ari has started an ot christmas thread yet Big Grin pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 11-10-2021

No no no no! The C word is banned until post-Halloween

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 11-10-2021

Way way way post Halloween if possible.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 11-10-2021

(11-10-2021, 07:24 PM)nothing Wrote: No no no no! The C word is banned until post-Halloween

(11-10-2021, 07:26 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Way way way post Halloween if possible.

[Image: tootsum-booptie.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 11-10-2021

https://forumofgames.com/showthread.php?tid=180

[Image: nervous-shifty.gif]

(11-10-2021, 07:38 PM)Trigger Wrote: https://forumofgames.com/showthread.php?tid=180

[Image: angry-angry-face.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 11-10-2021

What, I love Christmas.. I love it even more since the little man has been around Big Grin

(11-10-2021, 07:38 PM)Trigger Wrote: https://forumofgames.com/showthread.php?tid=180

(sigh) My Hero! Big Grin

[Image: merida-brave.gif]

(11-10-2021, 07:41 PM)Trigger Wrote: What, I love Christmas..  I love it even more since the little man has been around Big Grin
"It's the most wonderful time of the year..." Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 11-10-2021

Is there a whiff of gingerbread in this thread already? Big Grin

First part of the end of quarter reviews done. Tableside now, waiting for some grilled ham and cheese bagels...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 11-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 05:23 PM)ari101 Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 04:58 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: What sort of manicure do you have ari? I'll be getting mine done on Thursday for only the second time in my life. A manicure and Shellac. I won't know meself  Cool

I do DIY gel at home, just overlay on my own rather long nails.  I had been interested in trying it for a while as I follow a number of youtube nail channels, so bought the lamp and electric file and everything during the first lockdown and just taught myself Big Grin Haven't graduated to Acrylic yet, but I can build an extension with a form and polygel or builder gel if I break one! Mostly I use a builder get to give mine enough strength to not break while being quite long. I like to do marbling and ombre with gel polishes and there is always some glitter or cheap fake crystals and metal decals for a bit of sparkle Smile Just ordered some alcohol inks to try for my next adventure! I do detest removing and filing/shaping them though... 
Hope you get something nice. I spied a girl in Finglas who does acrylic with great gel polish art (https://www.instagram.com/tashas_beauty_page/)
Wow you know your nails ari Big Grin It can be a lovely thing to do for yourself when you have the interest. My very good friend loves doing hers and like you she does them herself. I'm a bit unsure though because mine break easily and I don't think shellac or gel are recommended for such.
Maybe just a nice polish instead. Or I'll get my friend to do them Saturday morning  Big Grin

There are some nice looks on Tashas page. I love the ombre style and I see she does brows aswell. It's a booming industry nails and brows in particular. I go to Alchemy Lab in town for the eyebrows and she does a lovely subtle job tidying them up. 
That is the extent of my treatments Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 12-10-2021

(11-10-2021, 09:57 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Wow you know your nails ari Big Grin It can be a lovely thing to do for yourself when you have the interest. My very good friend loves doing hers and like you she does them herself. I'm a bit unsure though because mine break easily and I don't think shellac or gel are recommended for such.
Maybe just a nice polish instead. Or I'll get my friend to do them Saturday morning  Big Grin

There are some nice looks on Tashas page. I love the ombre style and I see she does brows aswell. It's a booming industry nails and brows in particular. I go to Alchemy Lab in town for the eyebrows and she does a lovely subtle job tidying them up. 
That is the extent of my treatments Smile

I do think if the person doing your nails is good with their efile your nails should be no worse for wearing gel/acrylic. One of the reason I don't do other people's is I worry I would do damage, we've all see that even being a certified tech doesn't mean you can do no wrong! Good gel polish, slow cured for comfort, shouldn't be an issue Smile

Someone else to do the leg wax is my essential, just can't be doing that to myself well pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 12-10-2021

I have just bought the winning Euromillions tickets, 220 mill should last me a few years if I'm careful. Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 12-10-2021

Have had a very lazy day, should really do something productive

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 12-10-2021

Woke up with a mind bending migraine, now onto the "hurling" portion of the show --- ick.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 12-10-2021

Eugh migraines are awful! Feel better

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 12-10-2021

Thanks nothing, have medicine will heal Smile ....just whining is all!

Whine away! I've not had one in ages, thankfully

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 12-10-2021

(12-10-2021, 05:00 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I have just bought the winning Euromillions tickets, 220 mill should last me a few years if I'm careful. Tongue

I'm sorry to tell you I picked that particular ticket up at lunch while some dude was deciding what happens to my money next year Wink

(12-10-2021, 06:14 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: Woke up with a mind bending migraine, now onto the "hurling" portion of the show  --- ick.

Oh no  Sad The 'painting the great white phone while chatting with some deity (that may or may not exist)' kind really suck, thankfully for me they are very very very few and far between! And I'm armed with sumatriptan for the next time. May your drugs work swiftly! Heart

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 12-10-2021

Hectic day in work today, then a great meeting with the bank, thankfully kid has gone straight asleep and I'm now sofaside looking at the mess of toys wondering will I clean them now or chill for a bit!

Definitely chill

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 12-10-2021

Tidy them up now , then you can sit and chill knowing you don't have to do it later ☺

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 12-10-2021

(12-10-2021, 07:30 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: Tidy them up now , then you can sit and chill knowing you don't have to do it later ☺
This was my thoughts exactly and I've done just that.. can now relax!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 12-10-2021

I can't believe this time next week I'll be missus Neowise................ Big Grin Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 12-10-2021

Finished my book. Took 10 days which is a long time when you're not really loving it. I'm too stubborn to quit.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 12-10-2021

@Diamonds of Frost are we allowed ask when , don't worry, we won't gatecrash☺

(12-10-2021, 07:40 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: I can't believe this time next week I'll be missus Neowise................ Big Grin Big Grin

Ooooh a FoG Wedding! How lovely   Heart Smile 
Advanced congrats as by this time next week it will have slipped my mind (until someone updates a signature or similar Wink I'm getting old!)

Really must charge up the kindle for the commute next week Sad stupid work

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 12-10-2021

(12-10-2021, 07:40 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: I can't believe this time next week I'll be missus Neowise................ Big Grin Big Grin
My invite still hasn't arrived.

[Image: giphy.webp?cid=82a1493byz6iw3aynw7hppncn....webp&ct=g]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 12-10-2021

Wait, what?!
I knew you were getting married soon, didn't realise we knew the groom too!

(12-10-2021, 08:46 PM)E.N. Wrote:
Wait, what?!
I knew you were getting married soon, didn't realise we knew the groom too!
If Perse is lynched or munched we'll know it was the hubby. Big Grin

*Munched could be misinterpreted there! TongueCool