A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 04-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 10:57 AM)Kol Wrote: 2l bottles of Linden Village, those were the days.
Or devils bit!!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 04-10-2021

I too drank peach schnapps back in the day. Though it just tasted sweet. It didn't taste of peach to me.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 04-10-2021

When I drank, I loved Jager, used to have jager and red bull in a pint glass and drink it like that..

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - lorcand1990 - 04-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 12:24 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 10:57 AM)Kol Wrote: 2l bottles of Linden Village, those were the days.
Or devils bit!!
Devil's bit and druids cider were what I drank in college.  Nasty stuff, I'd say if u put a can of either in front of me now I'd be sick from just the smell

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 04-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 12:24 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Or devils bit!!

Was that really something that was meant to be poured into a glass and then drunk ?

Wasn't it an essential to get the flavours to flow when making 'mince' ( of dried fruits )  for Christmas  ?

Might also have been used in conjunction with bacon lardons and mustard when trying to put some life into some pork dishes

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 04-10-2021

Devils Bit and Linden Village were designed to be drank from the bottle in a field when your naive parents thought you were in a friend's house. The biggest obstacle was getting someone over 18 to buy it for you. Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 04-10-2021

Can honestly say I never drank in a field. I was a fairly good girl.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Night owl gal - 04-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 12:26 AM)Zaph Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 12:14 AM)Night owl gal Wrote: hello all  Smile

Hey there, always good to have more people join us Smile

Thanks for the welcome Smile

Just home now from a meeting, I got soaked from the rain

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 04-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 05:01 PM)Night owl gal Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 12:26 AM)Zaph Wrote: Hey there, always good to have more people join us Smile

Thanks for the welcome Smile

Just home now from a meeting, I got soaked from the rain
Yay, you made it Nog! Welcome aboard! Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 04-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 04:31 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Can honestly say I never drank in a field.  I was a fairly good girl.

Does a football pitch count as a field? Mostly drank at home tbh. Mine was the house of choice for my crew as my parents preferred knowing where we were. Never went too wild as a result either Big Grin

What do you call an omelette that you add flour to? Is it a pancake, even if there's no milk added? I may have just invented a new meal. I don't tend to like omelette-like dishes, but with lots of cheese added this isn't bad.

Crap day. Pished now. Sorry in advance if I don't make much sense.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 04-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 05:41 PM)quickbeam Wrote: What do you call an omelette that you add flour to?  Is it a pancake, even if there's no milk added?  I may have just invented a new meal.  I don't tend to like omelette-like dishes, but with lots of cheese added this isn't bad.
afaik, german pancakes  or 'dutch baby' - but they are generally on the the sweet side - your savoury dish sounds awesome! hope your day turns around qb!

Roger Black on Richard Osman's House of Games. Used to be such a hottie. Honestly, aged 55 he still is.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 04-10-2021

*switches over immediately*

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 04-10-2021

Not drinking in fields??

Some poshos in here..

Now Where's me can of Dutch gold

Definitely not a posho. Lots of things you could call me, but not that.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 04-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 01:32 PM)dawg Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 12:24 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Or devils bit!!

Was that really something that was meant to be poured into a glass and then drunk ?

Wasn't it an essential to get the flavours to flow when making 'mince' ( of dried fruits )  for Christmas  ?

Might also have been used in conjunction with bacon lardons and mustard when trying to put some life into some pork dishes
Well I remember drinking it straight from a plastic bottle when I should have been in a lecture hall. I never drank in fields but I made up for my saintly ways in college  Wink Also whatsapp is down.

All this drink talk has me down memory lane. I remember a poor soul who was a friend of a friend and all he drank was dutch gold. Morning noon and night and not a pick on him. He died of a brain haemorrhage about 3 years ago. Such an interesting and intelligent man. Awful sad.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Purple Mountain - 04-10-2021

Whatsapp, Facebook and Instagram are all down globally.
Don't panic, people. Read a book!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 04-10-2021

I'm having the Monday-est of all Mondays.
Put the washing machine on this morning, came down at lunch to an error and washing full of water, door locked - Mr CJ currently trying to see if it is the filter that is blocked.
Online shopping arrived, I dropped the box of 6 eggs. Nice mess to clean.
Cooking dinner, splashed boiling water all over my hand.
The only way is up after today?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 04-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 08:11 PM)cee_jay Wrote: I'm having the Monday-est of all Mondays.
Put the washing machine on this morning, came down at lunch to an error and washing full of water, door locked - Mr CJ currently trying to see if it is the filter that is blocked.
Online shopping arrived, I dropped the box of 6 eggs. Nice mess to clean.
Cooking dinner, splashed boiling water all over my hand.
The only way is up after today?

Our dishwasher and heating has gone down too so yeah it's one of those days surely Sad

(04-10-2021, 08:09 PM)Purple Mountain Wrote: Read a book!

Always!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 04-10-2021

I'll say one thing for this outage. It gives me an excuse to get back to my blog again pac

(04-10-2021, 08:51 PM)thomil Wrote: I'll say one thing for this outage. It gives me an excuse to get back to my blog again pac
There's a Halloween MSpaint, you can join in the sign up thread.

Anyone else for painting or describing? The reveals are always great craic ... and it's a Halloween theme hosted by @DejaBoo.

Geddit? Boo!

(04-10-2021, 09:11 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 08:51 PM)thomil Wrote: I'll say one thing for this outage. It gives me an excuse to get back to my blog again pac
There's a Halloween MSpaint, you can join in the sign up thread.

Anyone else for painting or describing? The reveals are always great craic ... and it's a Halloween theme hosted by @DejaBoo.

Geddit? Boo!

I hope Deja is paying you well for your promotional work Tongue

(04-10-2021, 09:12 PM)quickbeam Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 09:11 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: There's a Halloween MSpaint, you can join in the sign up thread.

Geddit? Boo!

You might have missed it earlier but I'm the local busybody around these parts. I try to get everyone to sign up to sheep, werewolf and paint! Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Purple Mountain - 04-10-2021

Are you a curtain twitcher, LegEnd Reject? I'll get on Deja about the paint but not a hops you'd get me into Werewolf. Psychological warfare isn't my thing!

(04-10-2021, 09:33 PM)Purple Mountain Wrote: Are you a curtain twitcher, LegEnd Reject?  I'll get on Deja about the paint but not a hops you'd get me into Werewolf. Psychological warfare isn't my thing!
It appears I am here! Big Grin

You'll enjoy paint, PM.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 05-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 09:12 PM)quickbeam Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 09:11 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: There's a Halloween MSpaint, you can join in the sign up thread.

Geddit? Boo!

[Image: pay-day-cash.gif]  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 05-10-2021

Eugh. Sofaside, sore, grumpy. Back to gp later. Pesky infection doesn't want to go away.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 05-10-2021

Homeside, finally! Been quite some time since I had to do overtime due to End of Quarter...

Did anyone else have a real WTF Day? Nothing went catastrophically wrong, but a lot of things just felt strange today.

Oh, and when I come home, there are two ambulances in our apartment complex, both already occupied, one of the apartments is lit up like a Christmas tree and gardaí are going from door to door making enquiries  shock

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 05-10-2021

Bloody hell!

I had a rough day but looking forward to a bake off date with my bestie at 9

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 05-10-2021

I'd an okay day. I made a monumental decision yesterday and it seems to be working out well so far.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 06-10-2021

An unGodly hour. Oh for my bed. What's that Shakespearean quote? A bed A bed my freedom for a bed!!!!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 06-10-2021

"A couch, a couch, I'm going to work from my couch"

I think it was

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 06-10-2021

(06-10-2021, 10:02 AM)Trigger Wrote: "A couch, a couch, I'm going to work from my couch"

I think it was
I have an armchair in work so will have a daydream for an hour or two Smile

Just off the phone with my aunt. She was in full flight with her comments of doom regarding daddy "He was dizzy this morning again" yes his vertigo
"His memory is very bad" we know
"He isn't great" I was with him yesterday and he laughing and joking.

Sake.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 06-10-2021

(06-10-2021, 01:13 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Just off the phone with my aunt. She was in full flight with her comments of doom regarding daddy  "He was dizzy this morning again" yes his vertigo

Sake.

Thought you were posting about me untill I remembered I dont have a daughter .... or do I Confused ?

(06-10-2021, 01:20 PM)dawg Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 01:13 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Just off the phone with my aunt. She was in full flight with her comments of doom regarding daddy  "He was dizzy this morning again" yes his vertigo

Sake.

Thought you were posting about me untill I remembered I dont have a daughter .... or do I Confused ?
Daddy?? Is that you?  Undecided Big Grin