A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 01-10-2021

I'd rather bingo than going to a club, and I really didn't enjoy bingo the one time I played it.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Kol - 01-10-2021

(01-10-2021, 01:19 PM)ari101 Wrote: Never too young for a bitta bingo! pac

Can be too old for a bit of clubbing though Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 01-10-2021

Woohoo! College done for the week, few bits to be working away with for the next few days.

Not so woohoo, have a kidney infection. Sad

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 01-10-2021

(01-10-2021, 01:48 PM)Zaph Wrote: I'd rather bingo than going to a club, and I really didn't enjoy bingo the one time I played it.

Me too. Never enjoyed clubbing even when I was young.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 01-10-2021

Thank Crunchie it's Friday, I wouldn't even have the energy for bingo.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 01-10-2021

Homeside, FINALLY!!! Some colleagues of mine can really count their blessings that they're 1400 kilometres and one time zone away.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Purple Mountain - 01-10-2021

Oh God. Bob Geldof's birthday. Nooooooo.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 01-10-2021

Quick! Turn the tv off!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 01-10-2021

*Pulls out a shotgun and blows the TV to pieces*

Hey, you can't take any chances with things like this  Cool

(01-10-2021, 10:10 PM)thomil Wrote: *Pulls out a shotgun and blows the TV to pieces*

Hey, you can't take any chances with things like this  Cool

It was the right call. 

RIP TV

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Purple Mountain - 01-10-2021

I'm finishing the bottle of wine I started on Wednesday night. I never drink wine but it was one of those long weeks.
I actually stuck out the Bob Geldof tribute and there has just been an awkward moment between him and Mary Robinson where he took her to task. Tubs uncomfortable!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 01-10-2021

(01-10-2021, 10:10 PM)thomil Wrote: *Pulls out a shotgun and blows the TV to pieces*
[Image: 9780007271726_l.jpg]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 01-10-2021

(01-10-2021, 08:37 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Thank Crunchie it's Friday, I wouldn't even have the energy for bingo.

Now have urgent need to know......

Are 'fun sized' Crunchies still made ?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 01-10-2021

(30-09-2021, 11:08 PM)Purple Mountain Wrote: @Diamonds of Frost you're too young for bingo, get yourself to an illegal rave somewhere.

The bingo I've been at is very rave-y  Big Grin

I actually don't know the rules of bingo so I couldn't play it!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 01-10-2021

(01-10-2021, 01:50 PM)Kol Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 01:19 PM)ari101 Wrote: Never too young for a bitta bingo! pac

Can be too old for a bit of clubbing though Big Grin

You certainly can not be too old for clubbing!   Tongue I'm more of a late bar with dancing person than an actual real club lover. I have amazing memories of nightclubs from my younger years but now I'd be happy with a bop around Whelans.
I love dancing. Its a real form of escape for me.

(01-10-2021, 10:54 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: ....

I have just the place for you so.
.[Image: Affiche-the-dansant.jpg]

Five and one half hours on the poor feet and only 10 francs.  If lucky, there will be a string quartet.

(01-10-2021, 10:53 PM)Purple Mountain Wrote: I actually don't know the rules of bingo so I couldn't play it!
Smile
and there I was all these years thinking I was the only one that didnt have a clue  about the bingo rules

Now tell me, PM, do you understand about betting on the gee-gees ?

'cause i dont Sad   ( not that I want to )

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 01-10-2021

(01-10-2021, 10:45 PM)Purple Mountain Wrote: I'm finishing the bottle of wine I started on Wednesday night. I never drink wine but it was one of those long weeks.
I actually stuck out the Bob Geldof tribute and there has just been an awkward moment between him and Mary Robinson where he took her to task. Tubs uncomfortable!
Oooh, what happened? Was she nodding away like a mad thing?

(01-10-2021, 10:48 PM)dawg Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 08:37 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Thank Crunchie it's Friday, I wouldn't even have the energy for bingo.

Now have urgent need to know......

They do ... but what exactly are you going to suggest I do with one? Cool

You know I'm very refined and innocent! Tongue

(01-10-2021, 11:24 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 10:45 PM)Purple Mountain Wrote: I'm finishing the bottle of wine I started on Wednesday night. I never drink wine but it was one of those long weeks.
Oooh, what happened? Was she nodding away like a mad thing?

I can't stand Mary Robinson  Sick I just saw a short video clip of myself that my bestie took of me and my Goddaughter at her confirmation. My head looked like it was about to fall of my shoulders with the nodding and even my whole body was sort of nodding!!  Cry

(01-10-2021, 11:04 PM)dawg Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 10:54 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: ....

I have just the place for you so.
.[Image: Affiche-the-dansant.jpg]

Five and one half hours on the poor feet and only 10 francs.  If lucky, there will be a string quartet.
And you know how precious I am about my feet  Big Grin

(01-10-2021, 11:28 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 11:24 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Oooh, what happened? Was she nodding away like a mad thing?

I can't stand Mary Robinson  Sick I just saw a short video clip of myself that my bestie took of me and my Goddaughter at her confirmation. My head looked like it was about to fall of my shoulders with the nodding and even my whole body was sort of nodding!!  Cry
That's the menopause again! Big Grin

Seriously though, videos and voice recordings of oneself are best avoided. Leave the criticism to other people and carry on in blissful ignorance is my motto.

(01-10-2021, 11:31 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: That's the menopause again! Big Grin

Seriously though, videos and voice recordings of oneself are best avoided. Leave the criticism to other people and carry on in blissful ignorance is my motto.

Wouldnt Geldof be past that stage ? 

Hasnt he been an old woman for years now ?

( have to agree about what not to do when confronted with recordings of oneself )

(01-10-2021, 11:44 PM)dawg Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 11:31 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: That's the menopause again! Big Grin

Wouldnt Geldof be past that stage ? 

Hasnt he been an old woman for years now ?

( have to agree about what not to do when confronted with recordings of oneself )
I don't think Bob went through the menopause, but it would certainly explain a few things!

That's just an ongoing joke with Perse, but I think I might be the only one of us who finds it funny. Cool

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 01-10-2021

(01-10-2021, 10:54 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: I love dancing. Its a real form of escape for me.

I'm the complete opposite, I really hate dancing. Our wedding was the last time I danced, and that was over 9 years ago. I'd be happy enough going to my grave keeping that record intact. I have all the rhythm you'd expect of a 54 year old white Irish man, except that I also had the rhythm of a 54 year old white Irish man when I was 24.

(01-10-2021, 11:26 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 10:48 PM)dawg Wrote: Now have urgent need to know......

They do ... but what exactly are you going to suggest I do with one?  Cool

You know I'm very refined and innocent! Tongue
Well, I dont know what you do with your Crunchies

In fact it might be best if you drew a veil over the matter

Bet you have sticky fingers after whatever it is you do with them

(01-10-2021, 11:31 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 11:28 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: I can't stand Mary Robinson  Sick I just saw a short video clip of myself that my bestie took of me and my Goddaughter at her confirmation. My head looked like it was about to fall of my shoulders with the nodding and even my whole body was sort of nodding!!  Cry
That's the menopause again! Big Grin

Heh. It must be peri so because I'm only 30 years of age dontcha know   Tongue  Yourself and Dawg are spot on though about watching such things. It's better to view oneself as a graceful gazelle like creature the colour of alabaster and hair like silk  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 02-10-2021

(01-10-2021, 11:54 PM)Zaph Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 10:54 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: I love dancing. Its a real form of escape for me.

I'm the complete opposite, I really hate dancing.  Our wedding was the last time I danced, and that was over 9 years ago.  I'd be happy enough going to my grave keeping that record intact.  I have all the rhythm you'd expect of a 54 year old white Irish man, except that I also had the rhythm of a 54 year old white Irish man when I was 24.
Zaph you just need to put on a bit of music and let yourself go. Move those hips and shake those arms. And you know what you they say about men who can dance........... Dodgy Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Purple Mountain - 02-10-2021

Dawg..I could actually be more confident backing a horse than playing bingo. I had a bf in the past that gave me a crash course in studying "form". But I only back a horse once every 4 years or so because it's not my thing. But I genuinely wouldn't know when to shout house in a bingo game. Lol.
Diamonds..were you nodding furiously at the part where you have to renew your baptism promises?? Do you reject Satan? Nod nod..
And all his empty promises? Nod Nod..
No Leggy, she actually wasn't nodding tonight but she made a comment (a silly one imo which Bob took the wrong (right?) way and he absolutely refuted her. You could cut the tension with a knife for a minute or so and Tubs had to deflect the situation.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 02-10-2021

(02-10-2021, 12:05 AM)Purple Mountain Wrote: Dawg..I could actually be more confident backing a horse than playing bingo. I had a bf in the past that gave me a crash course in studying "form". But I only back a horse once every 4 years or so because it's not my thing. But I genuinely wouldn't know when to shout house in a bingo game. Lol.
Diamonds..were you nodding furiously at the part where you have to renew your baptism promises?? Do you reject Satan? Nod nod..
No Leggy, she actually wasn't nodding tonight but she made a comment (a silly one imo which Bob took the wrong (right?) way and he absolutely refuted her. You could cut the tension with a knife for a minute or so and Tubs had to deflect the situation.
It was the part where you have to stand beside the child and place your hand on her right shoulder. The priest was making small talk *grimace* And my practise child forgot my name for a whole second!!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Purple Mountain - 02-10-2021

What's a practice child? Lol.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 02-10-2021

(01-10-2021, 11:52 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: ...
I don't think Bob went through the menopause, but it would certainly explain a few things!

He can be very cranky.  Its almost as if the 'oul hormones are playing up on him ....

Poor Bob.

God help him

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 02-10-2021

(02-10-2021, 12:05 AM)Purple Mountain Wrote: But I genuinely wouldn't know when to shout house in a bingo game.

That’s easy. It’s when you have a pair and a three of a kind together. Wink

(02-10-2021, 12:12 AM)Purple Mountain Wrote: What's a practice child? Lol.

A practice child is when your best friend has a baby and you help out and spend lots of time with the new little person. You think to yourself how it will be good learning for when you have your own. 12 years later you still don't have your own because you prefer the practice version  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 02-10-2021

I love a man who dances. Not the professional dancers but just your ordinary everyday guy giving it wellies or confidently leading a woman around.

The only time I was godmother was in a foreign country in a foreign language. Fuck knows what I renounced.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 02-10-2021

(02-10-2021, 12:05 AM)Purple Mountain Wrote: Dawg..I could actually be more confident backing a horse than playing bingo. I had a bf in the past that gave me a crash course in studying "form". But I only back a horse once every 4 years or so because it's not my thing. But I genuinely wouldn't know when to shout house in a bingo game. Lol.
It must have been bad if Tubs, with all the personality and charisma of damp cardboard, had to diffuse the situation.

I'm with Bob on not liking Mondays though.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 02-10-2021

(02-10-2021, 12:03 AM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 11:54 PM)Zaph Wrote: I'm the complete opposite, I really hate dancing.  Our wedding was the last time I danced, and that was over 9 years ago.  I'd be happy enough going to my grave keeping that record intact.  I have all the rhythm you'd expect of a 54 year old white Irish man, except that I also had the rhythm of a 54 year old white Irish man when I was 24.
Zaph you just need to put on a bit of music and let yourself go. Move those hips and shake those arms. And you know what you they say about men who can dance........... Dodgy Big Grin

Well then...

pac  Wink

OMG and there's millions of them!! Big Grin Big Grin