A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 23-09-2021

(23-09-2021, 05:56 PM)nothing Wrote: QB, would you like some cake? Or ice cream?

What type of cake? Shy

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 23-09-2021

Coffee! From the local coffee shop, she bakes it herself. It's yummy

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 23-09-2021

(23-09-2021, 07:52 PM)nothing Wrote: Coffee! From the local coffee shop, she bakes it herself. It's yummy
Ooh, yes please! Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 23-09-2021

I'll pick you up a slice tomorrow

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 23-09-2021

(23-09-2021, 06:08 PM)quickbeam Wrote: No thanks.

I have salt and vinegar hunky dorys...?
An apple turnover and a begrudging willingness to share the end of my wine also available Wink

(Dinner of champions: a hangwich, some salt and vinegar hunkies, a glass of Willem Willems Saar Blanc de Noir (nom nom nom), and an apple turnover waiting for me for afters pac)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 23-09-2021

Missed dinner so tempting but too late now.

I’m not fit to live among humans. That’s not a new revelation. I’ve known it for ages. But reminded again today. If I had a hole in the ground with room for me and my pet and light enough to read, I’d happily stay there forever.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 23-09-2021

(23-09-2021, 09:43 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Missed dinner so tempting but too late now. 

I’m not fit to live among humans.  That’s  not a new revelation.  I’ve known it for ages.  But reminded again today. If I had a hole in the ground with room for me and my pet and light enough to read, I’d happily stay there forever.

Just remember it's a two way street, at the very least some of those 'humans' are not fit to live among us Smile Nearly the weekend, I think  Confused

Other people are the worst

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time, quickbeam, it can be a lonely place when you feel like that.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 23-09-2021

[Image: NtSS.gif]

Someone mention cake?

I'll get you a slice tomorrow Seph Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 23-09-2021

There is cake??

Ok, 3 slices plus my own. Anyone else?

Mention cake and Seph appears! Tongue

Seph, I'll share my slice with you.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 23-09-2021

What's everyone's favourite cake? I love carrot and banoffee and cheese and chocolate and lemon drizzle and victoria sponge Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 23-09-2021

Anything that the missus makes.. she makes smashing cakes!

(23-09-2021, 11:30 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: What's everyone's favourite cake? I love carrot and banoffee and cheese and chocolate and lemon drizzle and victoria sponge  Big Grin
Coffee cake is my favourite!

I like banoffee, black forest gateau, lemon cheesecake, strawberry cheesecake and good, old-fashioned ginger cake. Once a year I love Christmas cake with marzipan.

Lemon meringue pie is my number 1, then coffee cake.

Also lemon drizzle, chocolate, cheesecake, sponge, swiss roll, apple crumble or tart... Christmas pudding! Carrot, muffins, cupcakes, cream buns, donuts... The list goes on!

Oh, swiss roll - raspberry ripple or pineapple please.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 24-09-2021

Thats a most impressive looking cake your wife baked Trigger. 

Marzipan is the best!! Its my favourite part of Christmas cake. Love an auld Swiss roll too. Black forest though is rotten. It is the poo of cakes.

Sorry Leg   Tongue  Heart

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 24-09-2021

You've no taste, Diamonds!

None whatsoever.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 24-09-2021

If I had a gun to my head and had to make a cake it would look like this

[Image: BLyIichCQAA2cTa?format=jpg&name=small]

The kitchen and I are not on speaking terms.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 24-09-2021

(24-09-2021, 12:27 AM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Black forest though is rotten. It is the poo of cakes.

Yeah, just what a marzipan lover would say. Tongue 

Anything with marzipan or dried fruit in it is the work of the devil as far as I'm concerned.  And you'll never be able to convince me that carrot is a a real cake ingredient.

Anything chocolatey or coffee cake does it for me.  I make a pretty good chocolate fudge cake myself, but Toto is the real star baker in the house.  Pretty much anything she bakes is amazing.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 24-09-2021

Victoria sponge and lemon drizzle are the best.
I like banoffee and lemon meringue but they are pies Big Grin
Marzipan is awful. Not a fan of chocolate or coffee cake. Carrot cake is meh. Also don't like cheesecake.

I made a gin and tonic loaf cake last week on Thursday as Mr, CJs parents called on Friday. His dad instructed me to go heavy on the gin. They said it was lovely, I went out Friday night and drank way too many gins, and was unable to try it then.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - lorcand1990 - 24-09-2021

Probably chocolate biscuit cake for me.. Or anything with salted caramel in it!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 24-09-2021

(24-09-2021, 12:44 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote: You've no taste, Diamonds!

None whatsoever.

(24-09-2021, 12:56 AM)Zaph Wrote:
(24-09-2021, 12:27 AM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Black forest though is rotten. It is the poo of cakes.

Yeah, just what a marzipan lover would say. Tongue 

Anything with marzipan or dried fruit in it is the work of the devil as far as I'm concerned.  And you'll never be able to convince me that carrot is a a real cake ingredient.

Anything chocolatey or coffee cake does it for me.  I make a pretty good chocolate fudge cake myself, but Toto is the real star baker in the house.  Pretty much anything she bakes is amazing.

The pair of yee. And liking coffee cake aswell! Himself loves it too but he does have strange taste Big Grin

If we ever have a meetup maybe Toto would come and bring one of her cakes!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 24-09-2021

I'm with Diamonds here. Carrot Cake is the best, Black Forest is grim!

....although I do love coffee cake too

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 24-09-2021

I may just buy the full cake to share with ye!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 24-09-2021

(23-09-2021, 11:24 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Mention cake and Seph appears! Tongue

Seph, I'll share my slice with you.

Ahhh thanks leggings, so half of yours and one full for me, so one and half slices of cake for me  Big Grin .

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 24-09-2021

(24-09-2021, 07:49 AM)cee_jay Wrote: I made a gin and tonic loaf cake last week on Thursday as Mr, CJs parents called on Friday. His dad instructed me to go heavy on the gin. They said it was lovely, I went out Friday night and drank way too many gins, and was unable to try it then.

Mr CJs Dad sounds like my kinda man. I need to try this loaf cake! Would you pm me the recipe?

(24-09-2021, 09:51 AM)nothing Wrote: I may just buy the full cake to share with ye!
Throw in tea and coffee for us too and it's a deal. Tongue

(24-09-2021, 09:28 AM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Probably chocolate biscuit cake for me.. Or anything with salted caramel in it!

This man knows his cake!! Salted caramel is the king of flavours. Coffee, ice-cream, chocolate, cake in fact I think I'd even eat salted caramel potatoes Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 24-09-2021

Marzipan is simply divine, Diamonds. Don't let them tell ya otherwise Big Grin I mean, what do they know, Ireland is a developing country when it comes to cakes and pastries... *runs for cover* pac

Anyway, workside for the last time this week. Going out for dinner & drinks twice was definitely not the smartest decision Sleepy It was what I needed but definitely not smart Wink

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 24-09-2021

(24-09-2021, 01:01 PM)thomil Wrote: Marzipan is simply divine, Diamonds. Don't let them tell ya otherwise Big Grin I mean, what do they know, Ireland is a developing country when it comes to cakes and pastries... *runs for cover* pac

Anyway, workside for the last time this week. Going out for dinner & drinks twice was definitely not the smartest decision Sleepy It was what I needed but definitely not smart Wink

C'mere thomil ! where's me coffee boi ? I've been waiting in the bushes all day for it !

[Image: hiding.gif]

pac

Bring down some biscuits as well will ya........the good ones now! not the cheap ones!  Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 24-09-2021

Is it 5pm yet?

[Image: iBu4WE9.gif?noredirect]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 24-09-2021

Almost!

Sofaside, just ordered pizza and a snack box because I couldn't decide

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - lorcand1990 - 24-09-2021

(24-09-2021, 04:35 PM)nothing Wrote: Almost!

Sofaside, just ordered pizza and a snack box because I couldn't decide
Eat the snack box first then if you have pizza left over that's lunch tomorrow sorted.  Mmmm reheated pizza

Gonna get a Thai red curry tonight I think

I've not had their snack box before, so the pizza is in case it's crap lol

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 24-09-2021

I've also just ordered a snack box!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 24-09-2021

(24-09-2021, 04:15 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote:
(24-09-2021, 01:01 PM)thomil Wrote: Marzipan is simply divine, Diamonds. Don't let them tell ya otherwise Big Grin I mean, what do they know, Ireland is a developing country when it comes to cakes and pastries... *runs for cover* pac

C'mere thomil ! where's me coffee boi ? I've been waiting in the bushes all day for it !

[Image: hiding.gif]

pac

Bring down some biscuits as well will ya........the good ones now! not the cheap ones!  Tongue
Sorry, coffee machine broke down, and our cookie jars are empty. Tech support returned to on-site working today pac

I do have a stroopwaffel for you, from my personal reserves *slides plate*

Homeside, finally. Working from home for Monday and Tuesday, going straight to five days in the office was a tad more taxing than expected...