A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 22-09-2021

(22-09-2021, 10:25 PM)nothing Wrote: You know what you two need? A nice break, somewhere tropical, with sheep, and fabulous destinations... I bet @ari101 would agree and also have piles of suggestions to reveal!
What I'm hearing is.. you're on my side!! 
Noice! 

[Image: glare-pissed.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 22-09-2021

Tbh, I'm not pushed on cats or dogs

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 22-09-2021

(22-09-2021, 10:30 PM)nothing Wrote: Tbh, I'm not pushed on cats or dogs

GTFO!!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 22-09-2021

Not really pushed on any animals.

Or people for that matter.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 22-09-2021

(22-09-2021, 10:26 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: Take this!

I'm not afraid of you!!!! 

Much... 

[Image: hold-hold-back.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 22-09-2021

Ach, I hear you about people alright. But animals are much better than people in all and every way.

(22-09-2021, 10:35 PM)nothing Wrote: Not really pushed on any animals.

Or people for that matter.
The second part I fully support. 

But the first part is just wrong!!!!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 22-09-2021

(22-09-2021, 10:36 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Ach, I hear you about people alright.  But animals are much better than people in all and every way.

Except cats.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 22-09-2021

I'm with @nothing on the not being fussed about animals. Terrified of strange dogs, and quite uncomfortable around all pets belonging to people I know.
We have a cat, it predates me in this house, and we have mutual respect for each other, and I do spoil him.

If anything happened him, I wouldn't be agreeing to a new pet in any form.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 22-09-2021

(22-09-2021, 10:36 PM)BuileBeag Wrote:
(22-09-2021, 10:26 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: Take this!

I'm not afraid of you!!!! 

Much... 

[Image: hold-hold-back.gif]

[Image: njf5lbzmpp.jpg]

[Image: taking-notes-write-down.gif]

Nothing
Zaph
Cee-Jay

I wouldn't wish ill on any animals, and I'd pet a friends pet, I'm just not really interested. Had some fish for a while years ago. But meh. Just don't see the appeal of pets between the noise, smell, cost, cleaning up etc etc

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 22-09-2021

(22-09-2021, 10:38 PM)Zaph Wrote:
(22-09-2021, 10:36 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Ach, I hear you about people alright.  But animals are much better than people in all and every way.

Except cats.

[Image: you-just-made-the-list-chris-jericho.gif]

Tongue

(22-09-2021, 10:46 PM)nothing Wrote: I wouldn't wish ill on any animals, and I'd pet a friends pet, I'm just not really interested. Had some fish for a while years ago. But meh. Just don't see the appeal of pets between the noise, smell, cost, cleaning up etc etc

Huh. This is also how I feel about children.

(22-09-2021, 10:46 PM)nothing Wrote: I wouldn't wish ill on any animals, and I'd pet a friends pet, I'm just not really interested. Had some fish for a while years ago. But meh. Just don't see the appeal of pets between the noise, smell, cost, cleaning up etc etc

Well tbf I have a lot more respect for someone like yourself who says I have no interest and doesn't get one, than all the multitudes of assholes who have no interest and get one anyway, only to neglect it or generally treat it like shite/let it run wild.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Purple Mountain - 22-09-2021

I went off for an hour to watch Ultimate Hell Week and come back to battle of the gifs.
Yep, Seph is definitely in the house.
For the laugh, we should do a virtual Hell Week similar to forum games. We set challenges for each other and have to upload the evidence of us say, jumping out our fire escape window or waterboarding ourselves.. I'm not going first..

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 22-09-2021

(22-09-2021, 10:46 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote:
(22-09-2021, 10:38 PM)Zaph Wrote: Except cats.

[Image: you-just-made-the-list-chris-jericho.gif]

Tongue

[Image: confetti-celebration.gif]

(22-09-2021, 10:50 PM)Purple Mountain Wrote: I went off for an hour to watch Ultimate Hell Week and come back to battle of the gifs.
For the laugh, we should do a virtual Hell Week similar to forum games. We set challenges for each other and have to upload the evidence of us say, jumping out our fire escape window or waterboarding ourselves.. I'm not going first..

100% she's not joking about this either!! 

I am not.. under any circumstances.. waterboarding myself!!!!

(22-09-2021, 10:50 PM)Purple Mountain Wrote: I went off for an hour to watch Ultimate Hell Week and come back to battle of the gifs.

[Image: c185e4710b928de2610aacfbf7f2b0f5.jpeg]

Tongue

Now if I'm allowed to waterboard Seph until he spills all his filthy secrets.. I'm in!!!

Can you actually waterboard yourself? If so, who the fcuk discovered that? And how?

(22-09-2021, 11:00 PM)BuileBeag Wrote: Now if I'm allowed to waterboard Seph until he spills all his filthy secrets.. I'm in!!!

I'll never talk!

(22-09-2021, 11:01 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote:
(22-09-2021, 11:00 PM)BuileBeag Wrote: Now if I'm allowed to waterboard Seph until he spills all his filthy secrets.. I'm in!!!

I'll never talk!

You'll sing like a canary!

(22-09-2021, 11:03 PM)BuileBeag Wrote:
(22-09-2021, 11:01 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: I'll never talk!

You'll sing like a canary!

Ohh look at the time, gotta run, so long meep meep

[Image: beep-roadrunner.gif]

Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 23-09-2021

Sofaside, working from here today and not moving, cuppa in hand..

Mental week in work this week, thank god its nearly over

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 23-09-2021

I'm in the office. It's really weird. I started a new job in May - apart from my first day going in to collect a laptop, I have never been here. I got lost trying to find where in the building to go initially Big Grin
There are all these people who I've never met or even had an interaction with.
It's all very strange!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 23-09-2021

(23-09-2021, 09:34 AM)cee_jay Wrote: I'm in the office. It's really weird. I started a new job in May - apart from my first day going in to collect a laptop, I have never been here. I got lost trying to find where in the building to go initially Big Grin
There are all these people who I've never met or even had an interaction with.
It's all very strange!
Have to attend for UAT week in Oct as we have no one else to cover, will be my first time in since Mar 2020. There is actually a few new staff members that I worked with for 10-12 years in another area that joined in the last few months.  Be nice to catch up, but still dreading it

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 23-09-2021

My social anxiety is coming to the fore this morning. Do I go around the open plan area and start introducing myself to all these strangers? Or stay in my office and meet organically? It'll get easier I'm sure.

@Trigger personally the thought of it was definitely worse than the reality. It isn't too bad now that I'm in, luas definitely not at old levels of busy and more comfortable.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 23-09-2021

(23-09-2021, 10:48 AM)cee_jay Wrote: My social anxiety is coming to the fore this morning. Do I go around the open plan area and start introducing myself to all these strangers? Or stay in my office and meet organically? It'll get easier I'm sure.

Gosh, I'd not be proactive in that situation. But then I'd probably not be the best example.

Yeah it's really strange - I'm especially conscious that is the first day back for many people and trying not to cross boundaries etc. I have met my boss, and another member of the senior management team who I'd only seen on calls. One of my team is in, so met him for the first time and we have had a few shooting the breeze chats which is good. Definitely less productive in the office though.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 23-09-2021

@Purple Mountain Where are ya? I just checked every bush & shrub on the property and couldn't find you. I even checked that totally not suspicious patch of pampas grass that seemingly appeared out of nowhere, but no trace of you pac

Anyway, lunch side with a small fruit salad. Got another dinner invite tonight, so I'm keeping it light tonight Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 23-09-2021

Sofaside, dinner in the oven, need to write up a to do list for the next week or so before classes kick off properly. Nothing huge to do, just lots of little things.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 23-09-2021

I love to do lists. They really help with my stress. Okay, it may highlight how much I have to do. But having it all in your head and worrying about maybe forgetting some of it is far, far worse.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 23-09-2021

Agreed! I get overwhelmed if it's all in my head, because it usually seems much more, and that fear of forgetting, totally.

I like ticking it off too, sometimes I'll add things I did already so I can tick those off too.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 23-09-2021

I'm partially back in work too and partially online, I miss the extra sleep in the mornings and I dread winter.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 23-09-2021

(22-09-2021, 10:25 PM)nothing Wrote: You know what you two need? A nice break, somewhere tropical, with sheep, and fabulous destinations... I bet @ari101 would agree and also have piles of suggestions to reveal!

Haha yes, next week resurrecting sunshine sheep! Today is a big tax deadline and there will be some hangover follow up for all the 'ok, so there no tax payable, it can wait' companies pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 23-09-2021

I am a part time animal and people lover... Big Grin

I got to cuddle a very cute kitten yesterday on a trip via my brothers (his house mate adopted a rescue kitten), but realistically I am skittish of animals general, I like them calm and quiet or they scare me a tad, but the cute fluffy ones always look and feel so lovely  Heart Blush

I would never agree to own or live with a pet, other than maybe a goldfish - I can't even keep a plant alive, and I don't want the responsibility/planning they come with (might as well have bloody kids and I'm not so sure about those either - hand them back when there cry or smell please!) pac

Return to office will happen when things settle down, too busy to relocate this week, but I pretty much work alone, so I am looking forward to the structure of getting in there for somewhat set times, lower level of distractions and varied options for lunch. I won't really have extra people to deal with other than Luas (and I flexi my times a bit to make that more manageable).

Loads of good news doing the rounds (babies/houses/nice food/etc. Congrats to everyone on all the good stuff, even if the victories are only small, they are still victories. I feel like I'm managing to line some ducks up (or are they kittens???) and I'm taking that as good stuff!). Hopefully we can manage the not so good stuff like return to long commutes and dealing with partially delayed new job stress - neither being fun.

[Image: cute-kittens.gif]

Another fuck off day Sad

QB, would you like some cake? Or ice cream?

No thanks.