A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 20-09-2021

(20-09-2021, 09:19 PM)thomil Wrote: Nah, I like them, this place has literally been a safe haven, but everything in moderation, including my colleagues pac

We've got a hybrid model going at work and I'll likely end up working from home 2-3 days a week anyway. I just need to see different faces.

Besides, the new office really is that nice:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMAF2Z2g2wj/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Is that where you work? I'm beyond jealous, it looks amazing.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 20-09-2021

(20-09-2021, 10:48 PM)thomil Wrote: This is the kind of scenario where "mutiny" would be a serious option for me. A Five Hour WebEx? Are you on the launch team for the James Webb Space Telescope? pac
That would at least be interesting! I think there is a lunch break scheduled in, but it's probably on European time so set for 11am or something ridiculous.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 21-09-2021

(20-09-2021, 10:34 PM)cee_jay Wrote:
(20-09-2021, 09:19 PM)thomil Wrote: Nah, I like them, this place has literally been a safe haven, but everything in moderation, including my colleagues pac

We've got a hybrid model going at work and I'll likely end up working from home 2-3 days a week anyway. I just need to see different faces.

Besides, the new office really is that nice:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMAF2Z2g2wj/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
I'm back one day a week from this week. I had decided to go in on Thursday as it was the only day I had no meetings. Today got an invite for a WebEx that is from 10am to 3pm. So I won't get to really meet anyone as I'll be locked in my office on a video call all day. Seems kinda pointless to have a commute of at least an hour for that.

Can you not swap the day this week?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 21-09-2021

(21-09-2021, 12:19 AM)Neowise Wrote:
(20-09-2021, 10:34 PM)cee_jay Wrote: I'm back one day a week from this week. I had decided to go in on Thursday as it was the only day I had no meetings. Today got an invite for a WebEx that is from 10am to 3pm. So I won't get to really meet anyone as I'll be locked in my office on a video call all day. Seems kinda pointless to have a commute of at least an hour for that.

Can you not swap the day this week?
I can, but they are all back to back meetings. It'll be grand, just seems quite arbitrary to come in to the office regardless.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 21-09-2021

Cafe-side, eating a reasonably healthy breakfast, 2 hours to kill before counselling

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 21-09-2021

Breakroom-side here, tucking into yet another free lunch. Took a later bus today, 30 minutes of extra sleep and I still arrived with plenty of time to spare.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 21-09-2021

Sofaside. Treated myself to some new clothes and a couple of books. Counselling was productive. Friend picked me up after and we went for lunch. Happy with how the day is progressing.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 21-09-2021

Sounds like my ideal afternoon nothing. What books did you get?

(21-09-2021, 04:34 PM)cee_jay Wrote: Sounds like my ideal afternoon nothing. What books did you get?

One fairly hefty one on loads of aspects of drawing, and Richard Osmans Thursday Murder Club.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - aaronjennings - 21-09-2021

Thursday Murder Club is good, read it a few months ago, looking forward to getting around to the sequel eventually

I've been reading a book called The Phantom Atlas lately- written by one of the QI researchers, incidentally - which looks at old maps and how odd mistakes came to be present on them for centuries. For example, the false idea that California was an island, or that there was a sea in the middle of Australia Big Grin

Anyone fancy a takeaway tonight? I have an Uber Eats voucher that expires in 5 days which I won't use, first person to PM me can have it Smile

Damn, pity ubereats don't deliver my way!

I enjoyed the Thursday Murder Club, it's a very easy read. Looking forward to the sequel.

That Phantom Atlas sounds very interesting @aaronjennings
I'm currently between books and can't find one to capture my attention. Although an audio book has just come through on Borrowbox so hopefully that is good.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 21-09-2021

I always have a book on the go, and dozens lined up for the future. Literally, a table full of them.

I struggle with my concentration, so I've loads to read, really shouldn't be adding more to it!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 21-09-2021

I think I get as much joy from adding more books to the pile, as I do from actually reading them. I literally feel a dopamine hit whenever I pick up new books. Though it is getting ridiculous now how many I actually have.

Haha that could be part of my problem too

(21-09-2021, 07:40 PM)quickbeam Wrote: I think I get as much joy from adding more books to the pile, as I do from actually reading them.  I literally feel a dopamine hit whenever I pick up new books.  Though it is getting ridiculous now how many I actually have.
I'm the same, although most of mine are on Kindle. I have 100s unread on my Kindle, then I always have some out from library and borrowbox too.

I don’t Kindle but I do use the library which means postponing the ones I already own. I

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 22-09-2021

Sofaside with a couple of eps of What If and a sausage sandwich. Had a productive morning so can chill the rest of today

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 22-09-2021

Once again in the break room, looking out over Cork city  Big Grin

Went out for dinner & drink from work yesterday, on the company card. Great craic altogether but 18 months in solitary have certainly decimated my alcohol tolerance. A couple of glasses of wine over dinner, followed by two pints were all I could handle. I guess I need more practice pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 22-09-2021

Yes practice, practice, practice @thomil ! And eh if you need any help with that, I'm sure some of us here would be more than happy to put that company card to use with you Wink

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 22-09-2021

I got Banshee Bones in Dunnes, good times

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Purple Mountain - 22-09-2021

@thomil you're very brave to tell us where you work. I will be the woman outside in the shrubs tomorrow with the binoculars.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 22-09-2021

(22-09-2021, 06:27 PM)Purple Mountain Wrote: @thomil you're very brave to tell us where you work. I will be the woman outside in the shrubs tomorrow with the binoculars.
100% she's not joking!!!! Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 22-09-2021

(22-09-2021, 06:27 PM)Purple Mountain Wrote: @thomil you're very brave to tell us where you work. I will be the woman outside in the shrubs tomorrow with the binoculars.

Good to know, I'll keep a look out and come down with a coffee for ya  Big Grin (Company is dry, unfortunately  Undecided ) 

Anyway, just home side. As much as I love the new office, the commute simply takes up too much of my time...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 22-09-2021

*peeks in *

[Image: cute-hide.gif]

(22-09-2021, 09:33 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: *peeks in *

Your kinds not welcome here!!! 
[Image: closing-the-door-get-out.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 22-09-2021

(22-09-2021, 09:42 PM)BuileBeag Wrote:
(22-09-2021, 09:33 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: *peeks in *

Your kinds not welcome here!!! 
[Image: closing-the-door-get-out.gif]

Ok then  Sad

[Image: walks-away-sad.gif]

@Sephiroth_Dude

See you!!!!

[Image: dog-wave.gif]

(22-09-2021, 09:48 PM)BuileBeag Wrote: @Sephiroth_Dude

See you!!!!

[Image: dog-wave.gif]

See you indeed......I see you in my sights!

[Image: dakz4mgvx8671.jpg]

Tongue

*gets coat*

Ya got me!!!! 

[Image: funny-animals-dog-tricks.gif]

(22-09-2021, 09:57 PM)BuileBeag Wrote: Ya got me!!!! 

[Image: funny-animals-dog-tricks.gif]

No I didn't I terribly aim, stop playing dead  Tongue

Nope. Admit it @Sephiroth_Dude you killed the puppy!!!!

[Image: monster-gingerbread-man.gif]

(22-09-2021, 10:11 PM)BuileBeag Wrote: Nope. Admit it @Sephiroth_Dude you killed the puppy!!!!

[Image: monster-gingerbread-man.gif]

[Image: salem.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 22-09-2021

Two gifs you can hear!

@Sephiroth_Dude

Um, are we in a .... 
[Image: gif-fight-wwdits.gif]

(22-09-2021, 10:18 PM)BuileBeag Wrote: @Sephiroth_Dude

Um, are we in a .... 
[Image: gif-fight-wwdits.gif]

Ya know.......I think we are 

[Image: 200.gif]

Bah.. I win! 

[Image: playing-bully.gif]

You know what you two need? A nice break, somewhere tropical, with sheep, and fabulous destinations... I bet @ari101 would agree and also have piles of suggestions to reveal!

Take this!

[Image: giphy.gif]