A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 19-09-2021

Is anyone else exhausted? I feel like I've been hit by a bus lately.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 19-09-2021

Completely. Though probably from not sleeping too well.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 19-09-2021

(19-09-2021, 09:30 PM)nothing Wrote: Completely. Though probably from not sleeping too well.
Have you used your new art supplies yet?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 19-09-2021

(19-09-2021, 09:30 PM)nothing Wrote: Completely. Though probably from not sleeping too well.

I thought I was the only one. Last night was rather subpar, to put it mildly...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 19-09-2021

(19-09-2021, 09:42 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
Have you used your new art supplies yet?

I have not, but my induction day is tomorrow, and classes start from the 29th, so they'll plenty of use shortly!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 19-09-2021

(19-09-2021, 09:28 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Is anyone else exhausted? I feel like I've been hit by a bus lately.

I've been taking naps after work recently so I would say yes! Love an ould nap nowadays

I'm glad I'm not the only one, not sure if it's the time of year or just fatigue from all the restrictions.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 19-09-2021

Been off the last couple of weeks, back to the grind tomorrow. Oh joy. I'll actually be back in the office at least once a week in about three weeks time. That'll be weird, haven't set foot in it in over 18 months.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Purple Mountain - 20-09-2021

Strange question/admission. If I sleep during the week, sometimes I'll wake up and notice I've been drooling (gross right!?) But I never wake up in the morning with a pool of drool ?
Anyone else have said unattractive experience??

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 20-09-2021

Never happened to me, I don’t think. Where do you sleep if it’s during the day? If you don’t actually go to bed but, say, sleep on the sofa then the different angle, surface, light direction etc may just do different things to your body.

I sleep badly enough at night that I try to avoid sleeping during the day as I know it’ll just make it all that harder to sleep at night if I do. I’m not always successful in avoiding sleep during the day though.

My sleep issue is getting to sleep. I generally sleep through once I am asleep but it can sometimes be hard to get there in the first place.

I do have a sure fire way to sleep at night when I absolutely have to have a good night’s sleep. I can only use it sparingly though or it stops working for me.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 20-09-2021

I drool sometimes, lol. But like that, don't wake up in a pool of it, just sometimes if I fall asleep on the sofa.

One panic attack down, made it to college after almost turning back from bus stop

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 20-09-2021

I'd nap anywhere, couch, chair or sometimes up in bed.

Anyways some significant news I can now happily reveal, missus is pregnant with our third. She's 12 weeks gone today. First scan next Wednesday Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 20-09-2021

Congrats Necro!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 20-09-2021

Fantastic news @Necro and @Necrina!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 20-09-2021

It's very weird for me that last week I was gone to bed by 8.30 pm (I'd usually be up till midnight), and sleeping all night long! Shocking

Congrats Necro and Necrina !

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - aaronjennings - 20-09-2021

Congratulations!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 20-09-2021

Congrats Necro and Necrina Smile

Tableside in the break room at work. The new office is A-MAZING!

Feels weird to have social interactions again, though pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 20-09-2021

(20-09-2021, 09:24 AM)nothing Wrote: I drool sometimes, lol. But like that, don't wake up in a pool of it, just sometimes if I fall asleep on the sofa.

One panic attack down, made it to college after almost turning back from bus stop
Well done on facing the first day, have a little treat later!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 20-09-2021

Congrats to Necro and Necrina on the happy news of Necrette number 3!

(20-09-2021, 02:44 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(20-09-2021, 09:24 AM)nothing Wrote: I drool sometimes, lol. But like that, don't wake up in a pool of it, just sometimes if I fall asleep on the sofa.

Well done on facing the first day, have a little treat later!

Only had one more small panic, not even attack level. We finished early and my friend had rang about going for a cuppa, so she picked me up and we'd a great destress over tea by the harbour. Timetable isn't too hectic, two days online and two days in the college, mostly finished by lunchtime.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 20-09-2021

WHOO-HOO, congrats Necro-family Big Grin
How old are your first two? Are they excited?

Sounds like you're doing great nothing Smile

Finally complete the sale of the house in Dublin, it's taken that long it's just relief with some disbelief still in the mix. Just have to be patient for a few months now for the builders to finish our new house and then we move for the last time in our lives, at least that's the plan!

Congrats @E.N.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 20-09-2021

Congratulations Necro and Necrina! !

Great news EN !

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 20-09-2021

(20-09-2021, 04:21 PM)E.N. Wrote: WHOO-HOO, congrats Necro-family Big Grin
How old are your first two? Are they excited?

Sounds like you're doing great nothing Smile

Finally complete the sale of the house in Dublin, it's taken that long it's just relief with some disbelief still in the mix. Just have to be patient for a few months now for the builders to finish our new house and then we move for the last time in our lives, at least that's the plan!

That's great stuff about the house EN.

Kids are 7 and 4 so eldest is very excited while the younger is still... processing the information Tongue

Having baked potato, baked beans, curry powder and melted cheese per recommendation on here recently.

(20-09-2021, 05:21 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Having baked potato, baked beans, curry powder and melted cheese per recommendation on here recently.

I've got all the bits in to make a few this week! My favourite quick comfort food

Was delish.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Kol - 20-09-2021

Congrats @Necro @Necrina

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 20-09-2021

Brilliant news, congratulations to the Necros.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 20-09-2021

Congratulations all round!
To @Necro and @Necrina, my friend says with 3 they now outnumber you two so it's when the fun really starts!

@E.N. great news on the house!

@nothing for conquering the panic and getting to college. That's an achievement!

We have a christening, a housewarming and a graduation to attend next year. Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 20-09-2021

Loads of social events all around. Meanwhile, the only thing I've got to look forward to are two work dinners tonight pac

Anyway, first day in a loooooong time that I actually saw my co workers face to face. Feels good to just have a chat at the water cooler or while getting a coffee. As much as I like my apartment, my colleagues are thankfully a lot more sociable than the walls here at home...

Personally, I prefer my walls.

Nah, I like them, this place has literally been a safe haven, but everything in moderation, including my colleagues pac

We've got a hybrid model going at work and I'll likely end up working from home 2-3 days a week anyway. I just need to see different faces.

Besides, the new office really is that nice:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMAF2Z2g2wj/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Oh, I totally get that. I also get that my preference isn't the usual mindset.

I get where you're coming from, absolutely. I have a colleague like that at work. I just found out during lockdown that I'm a bit more social than I thought I was... there goes my plan of moving onto an island as a hermit pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 20-09-2021

(20-09-2021, 10:00 AM)Necro Wrote: I'd nap anywhere, couch, chair or sometimes up in bed.

Anyways some significant news I can now happily reveal, missus is pregnant with our third. She's 12 weeks gone today. First scan next Wednesday Big Grin

Congratulations to you both!!!!! That's lovely news Necro. I'm delighted for you Big Grin  Heart

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 20-09-2021

(20-09-2021, 10:00 AM)Necro Wrote: I'd nap anywhere, couch, chair or sometimes up in bed.

congrats.

Maybe you'll complete the set this time Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 20-09-2021

(20-09-2021, 09:19 PM)thomil Wrote: Nah, I like them, this place has literally been a safe haven, but everything in moderation, including my colleagues pac

We've got a hybrid model going at work and I'll likely end up working from home 2-3 days a week anyway. I just need to see different faces.

Besides, the new office really is that nice:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMAF2Z2g2wj/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
I'm back one day a week from this week. I had decided to go in on Thursday as it was the only day I had no meetings. Today got an invite for a WebEx that is from 10am to 3pm. So I won't get to really meet anyone as I'll be locked in my office on a video call all day. Seems kinda pointless to have a commute of at least an hour for that.

This is the kind of scenario where "mutiny" would be a serious option for me. A Five Hour WebEx? Are you on the launch team for the James Webb Space Telescope? pac