A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 11-09-2021

(11-09-2021, 06:27 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: Then the realisation that I was watching people going in to try save others , knowing they were willingly putting their own lives at risk ...
[Image: look-for-the-helpers---and-thank-them.jpg]

It is true, it's things like that that keep your faith in humanity when it could otherwise be shattered. Like everyone, I still clearly remember the feeling of watching it unfold. Or rather, the lack of feeling, it was almost too unreal to fathom what was happening, I still don't think I can really comprehend it

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 11-09-2021

Isn't it amazing how events can affect us when we have no personal involvement?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 11-09-2021

I was out the back cleaning my car, listening to Gareth O'Callaghan on the radio when he mentioned there were some reports of a plane hitting the twin towers. I went in to the house to say it to my mam, we turned on Sky News, and just sat there watching it in disbelief.
My best friend was in New York at the time, luckily away from the scene, but only because she was staying with her brother, and he asked them to stay in to meet a repair man as their air con had broken. They had planned to visit the towers that day.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 11-09-2021

(11-09-2021, 08:10 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Isn't it amazing how events can affect us when we have no personal involvement?

Yes indeed. I went out for drinks that night and felt so strange, like I shouldn't be having fun when others are suffering. It's that kind of feeling you get when someone you know has died but you go on living.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 12-09-2021

(11-09-2021, 06:42 PM)Trigger Wrote: I was in new York the previous year with the Irish and American physically challenged Youth team and one of the sponsors offices was in the towers so we had a trip to their office and then to the top floor restaurant, where they had a lunch for us and chats. I always think about that around this time and wonder if they made it out alive.

I visited Boston in 2000. The cheapest flight home we could get was Boston-JFK-Dublin, so we added a couple of days in New York on the way back. About 2 years later I needed my camera for something and realised that I hadn't gotten the film developed from that holiday (pre-digital camera days). When I got the pics back there were several of me and my friends on top of the World Trade Centre. I couldn't say for definite if it was September 11th 2000, but it was within a couple of days of it, either before or after. It was a very strange feeling looking at those pics when I got them.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 12-09-2021

Seems this thread has kinda fallen off. How's everyone doing?

Deskside here myself, enjoying my last bit of freedom before it's back to work tomorrow...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 12-09-2021

Sofaside, debating going to bed, avoiding housework all weekend so have loads to do tomorrow.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 12-09-2021

Sofaside with a serious dose of the Glenroes. Why are weekends only 2 days? I think 3 would be a lot fairer.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 12-09-2021

Kitchen chair side having a cuppa and toast , which is ridiculous because the comfortable couch is right beside me ! Time to move my ass ......a few inches to the left pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 12-09-2021

Some countries are already experimenting with the four-day working week. I think Ireland should move that way as well.

It would certainly make life a lot easier for me at work, a lot of our back-office departments are based in the Middle East, where the weekend starts on Friday anyway...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 12-09-2021

(12-09-2021, 10:26 PM)thomil Wrote: Some countries are already experimenting with the four-day working week. I think Ireland should move that way as well.

It would certainly make life a lot easier for me at work, a lot of our back-office departments are based in the Middle East, where the weekend starts on Friday anyway...

Giving contractors less time to fix things for me? No thanks they already take the piss pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Strawberry Milkshake - 13-09-2021

Morning all!

My boards account is now closed. Can you not read boards anymore without being registered?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 13-09-2021

(13-09-2021, 10:52 AM)Strawberry Milkshake Wrote: Morning all!

My boards account is now closed. Can you not read boards anymore without being registered?

I'm not signed into my boards account in this browser and it still lets me read threads.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Strawberry Milkshake - 13-09-2021

(13-09-2021, 10:56 AM)ari101 Wrote:

I'm not signed into my boards account in this browser and it still lets me read threads.

oh. Maybe I need to clear cookies n stuff.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 13-09-2021

Did you find out if all your data will be deleted?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 13-09-2021

Sofaside, watching tenable, need to fire up the PC and get sorted for werewolf!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 13-09-2021

(13-09-2021, 03:36 PM)nothing Wrote: Sofaside, watching tenable, need to fire up the PC and get sorted for werewolf!

Yikes!!! Confused Huh Sad

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 13-09-2021

Sofaside with dog on lap and looking after 2 covidites.. have another test myself tomorrow as I cannot shake the symptoms..

Work was very tough today. Fit to sleep RN

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Purple Mountain - 13-09-2021

It's lashing rain. Im supposed to be supervising outdoor sports later for my young fellas club.
Please, please let it be cancelled

(13-09-2021, 03:34 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:

Did you find out if all your data will be deleted?

I have no idea if it has or not. I think my posts now call me “unknown user”. 

I also got an email back from the data protection agency saying it’s nowt to do with them.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 13-09-2021

(13-09-2021, 04:36 PM)Trigger Wrote: Sofaside with dog on lap and looking after 2 covidites.. have another test myself tomorrow as I cannot shake the symptoms..

Hope you feel better - take the day off tomorrow and rest!

(13-09-2021, 05:30 PM)Strawberry Milkshake Wrote:
(13-09-2021, 03:34 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Did you find out if all your data will be deleted?

I have no idea if it has or not. I think my posts now call me “unknown user”. 

I also got an email back from the data protection agency saying it’s nowt to do with them.
That explains why they didn't seem worried about being reported. Strange all the same though!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Auto - 13-09-2021

It’s been a strange auld day today

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 13-09-2021

That's putting it mildly, Auto. It's been weird as f***

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 13-09-2021

Well, did I miss anything?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 13-09-2021

(13-09-2021, 04:36 PM)Trigger Wrote: Sofaside with dog on lap and looking after 2 covidites.. have another test myself tomorrow as I cannot shake the symptoms..

Hope you and your Covidites get better soon!

(13-09-2021, 10:27 PM)ari101 Wrote:

Hope you and your Covidites get better soon!
Sure isn't Werewolf the perfect tonic? Big Grin

It has been another long Monday, I'm off to bed and hope I wake up on Friday evening.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 13-09-2021

Don't mention that game, Leg End pac

Just finishing the last couple of software updates here and then I'll turn in as well...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 14-09-2021

Busy in work, is there an incredibly wealthy man here who wants a contrary wife?? Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 14-09-2021

I hear Jeff Bezos is available  Tongue

Deskside here, trying to make heads or tails of this rather weird day. Seems like it's WTF week at the moment...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 14-09-2021

@Mam of 4 I think those Dunnes lemon muffins were your recommendation?
If so, thank you! They are lovely!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 14-09-2021

@cee_jay You're welcome!
It seems we now have a group of lemon muffin lovers (they are delicious!)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 14-09-2021

They are indeed, just stocked up on them yesterday Smile

Though I doubt even they would be able to lift my mood today. I don't know why, but nothing feels "right" today...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 14-09-2021

Do you think it could be lingering effects from whatever had you under the weather last week Thomil? I find sometimes antibiotics/medications can run down your system, if that makes sense?

Possible, could be the fact that it's getting darker earlier again, or a myriad of other reasons. Hell, it could even be that werewolf game...

A combination of everything, I hear ya.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 14-09-2021

(14-09-2021, 08:45 PM)thomil Wrote: Possible, could be the fact that it's getting darker earlier again, or a myriad of other reasons. Hell, it could even be that werewolf game...

Werewolf can feck with my mood, especially on an off day.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 14-09-2021

nothing Wrote:Werewolf can feck with my mood, especially on an off day.

Me too Sad

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 14-09-2021

(14-09-2021, 08:59 PM)quickbeam Wrote:
nothing Wrote:Werewolf can feck with my mood, especially on an off day.

Me too Sad

Running it is much less roller-coaster mood inducing

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 14-09-2021

The evening only games are much less taxing, anyone curious about playing should join one.

Sorry you're feeling out of sorts, thomil. I think Mam is right about you recovering, it takes time to bounce back.