A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - aaronjennings - 04-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 08:02 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: Anyone tried Dunne Stores own brand Lemon and White Chocolate muffins? They're lovely , just a little chocolate thankfully !

Bought these doing the shopping yesterday, and am tucking in to one as I type

Can confirm, they are as delicious as advertised, great shout Mam  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 04-09-2021

(04-09-2021, 03:29 PM)aaronjennings Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 08:02 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: Anyone tried Dunne Stores own brand Lemon and White Chocolate muffins? They're lovely , just a little chocolate thankfully !

Delighted you like them AJ !
Delicious and cheap pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 04-09-2021

(04-09-2021, 03:29 PM)aaronjennings Wrote:

i got some earlier too.

but I had TWO  Cool

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 04-09-2021

I need a haircut, I want a haircut.... Someoone give me a haircut, NOWWW  Exclamation

4 inches past me shoulder is  driving me stark raving mad  ....damn covid.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 04-09-2021

I have been very, very, very tempted to shave it all off in recent months. I know I wouldn't rock that look, but I still considering if the convenience it would bring would be worth it anyway.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 04-09-2021

I'll trade ye, short for long Wink

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 04-09-2021

Makes me glad to have invested in a hair clipper a little while ago. That being said, I need to get another shear over here as well.

Seem to have caught some sort of bug, probably a cold. Whatever the reason, my voice is pretty much gone...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 04-09-2021

(04-09-2021, 05:54 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: I need a haircut, I want a haircut.... Someoone give me a haircut, NOWWW  Exclamation

I've got it covered Deja

[Image: BogusHonorableDikkops-size_restricted.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 04-09-2021

@quickbeam, I am soooo there! but worry that I couldn't do it evenly!
@ari101, any time!!!
@thomil, do hope it's nothing, mind yourself!
@Necro, works for me! pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 04-09-2021

@DejaBoo I'd prefer straight-ish (I'm outta practice with the GHD), but I'm open to all, if you were willing to go for 6 inches I'd get close to a bob with those extensions pac I'm eeeking it out between cuts, it's that fine line between looking homeless  Confused and trying to grow it out... I feel for all those who had short hair during the phases the hairdressers were closed.

It's ALL yours ari! pac  
...straight even, but the colour might not be your taste - even wibbs finds nordic blonde just plain  oooogly!  Cry

(04-09-2021, 06:57 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: It's ALL yours ari! pac  
...straight even, but the colour might not be your taste - even wibbs finds nordic blonde just plain  oooogly!  Cry

Excellent, it's go nicely with my brown with accents of grey Wink

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 04-09-2021

Lordie , I get my hair cut in the barbers tbh , with a shaver....pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 04-09-2021

I cut my own. It's a disaster.

I've been paying someone to make mine respectable the last few months, never had short hair before, no idea what to do with it Big Grin At least it is growing fast so soon it might be long enough to straighten the mane of fuzz pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 04-09-2021

(04-09-2021, 06:57 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: It's ALL yours ari! pac  

Is nordic blonde your hair colour? I think that's really lovely. Definitely not plain and 100% not ugly.

I'm a regular old dark brown. Grey has taken most of it so the hairdresser takes care of that.

Yes, except for the one time I dyed it brown...but I really don't have the patience to keep that up!
Thanks, it's not my favourite.
Dark brown has a warmth to it, and grey streaks can be a really nice accent.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 04-09-2021

I've comfortable with the grey, but it's the change in hair texture as I age that bothers me more.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 04-09-2021

(04-09-2021, 10:09 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: Yes, except for the one time I dyed it brown...but I really don't have the patience  to keep that up!
Thanks, it's not my favourite.
Dark brown  has a warmth to it, and  grey streaks can  be a really nice accent.
I think colours that are very different to our natural state require a lot of maintenance alright. I have blonde highlights and that's enough for me.

Try to embrace your lovely blonde Smile

(04-09-2021, 10:29 PM)quickbeam Wrote: I've comfortable with the grey, but it's the change in hair texture as I age that bothers me more.

In what way do you feel its changed?

Coarser, kinkier.

(04-09-2021, 11:00 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Coarser, kinkier.

That is interesting. My hair has also changed. It must be age related because I can't think of any other reason.

Yep, can only be age.

(04-09-2021, 11:02 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Yep, can only be age.

And wrinkles. They come too  Undecided

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Purple Mountain - 04-09-2021

So, what have we learned today?
Mam has a sponsorship deal with Dunnes to get us all onto their confectionery!
Don't forget the #ad Mam Smile Smile
And we'll be asking you to pay our weight watcher subs too Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 05-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 04:14 PM)E.N. Wrote: That stag do starts after work, wish me luck!
If you never hear from me again, you know what happened pac
[Image: im-still-alive-doctor-who.gif]

...just about! Don't feel good Confused

So weird being back in crowded pubs. Good, but weird. Carrick-On-Shannon was heaving.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 05-09-2021

(04-09-2021, 11:06 PM)Purple Mountain Wrote: So, what have we learned today?
Mam has a sponsorship deal with Dunnes to get us all onto their confectionery! 
Don't forget the #ad Mam Smile Smile
And we'll be asking you to pay our weight watcher subs too  Smile

They could pay me with cakes and buns and I'll keep you all supplied PM pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 05-09-2021

Those muffins are definitely the business, got a pack for myself yesterday following a certain recommendation Wink And that's coming from someone who usually doesn't like lemon in their cakes/muffins...

Homeside, more or less alive, if not much else. Not running a fever thankfully, so that's something. And I still prefer coffee over tea, so I can't be too sick pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 05-09-2021

Just had some lovely cheesy curry beans on a bagel.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 05-09-2021

@thomil , glad you're feeling a bit better , and I love coffee , only drink tea if I have no other option !
(Unless I make potato cakes , then piping hot black tea is perfect accompaniment)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 05-09-2021

(04-09-2021, 05:54 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: I need a haircut, I want a haircut.... Someoone give me a haircut, NOWWW  Exclamation

[Image: th?id=OIP.dfYpFsw6IRwbtYh6aXHCWQHaEK&pid...=277&h=157]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 06-09-2021

Monday Monday....

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 06-09-2021

Woop! College rang to confirm my place and give a few dates. Still no idea on timetable yet, but will likely change from last year. Can't wait to get back into it.

Sofaside, contemplating breakfast.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 06-09-2021

Sofaside sounds nice Big Grin
Deskside, with tea, corralling client invoices; more unruly than a herd of sheep Rolleyes  pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Strawberry Milkshake - 06-09-2021

Morning all

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 06-09-2021

Painters needed for Nothings Spectacular Simpsons Paint game , shift yer rear ends over and sign up !
(Please and thank you )

pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 06-09-2021

I'll politely decline. I'm definitely not in any state to paint anything right now...

Homeside waiting on a call back from my GP.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 06-09-2021

Oh thomil, hope it's nothing too serious!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 06-09-2021

Still that bloody cold, since the symptoms are so similar to COVID, they don't want me rocking up to the GP practice, which is understandable.

I'm supposed to receive a callback within the next 30 minutes or so, regarding possible COVID test and other steps. Hope I don't end up being thrown into the back of an Irish Army van again pac

I've managed to not have any colds since it all kicked off, such relief