A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 08:08 PM)Spears Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 07:24 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: I've come to posst about the lovely food what I am enjoying presently (it's so rare I have something good to share - where is chef grandeeod anyway?!) but couldnae find the "what are you eating" thread, forgetting that was on Boards not here.

I'm going to miss him so much.

and Rows too.

..two absolute legands they are/were  Sad
Fear not! You've nothing and I with our microwave spuds now. Confused Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 03-09-2021

Oh they're definitely not as good @Kol , no crispy skin and not as fluffy, but it does in a pinch

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 03-09-2021

I had takeaway , I asked for a Junior Box , instead I got a breast and a thigh of chicken , with enough chips for at least three people pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 08:23 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 08:08 PM)Spears Wrote: I'm going to miss him so much.

and Rows too.

Fear not! You've nothing and I with our microwave spuds now.  Confused Big Grin

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47sg5j2upumyhcev5m8a...y.gif&ct=g]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 03-09-2021

I love microwaved spuds. I'd even almost say I prefer them to baked, and the shorter time is really just the cherry on top.

Baked beans with curry powder and cheese on top of a microwaved spud though sounds great. I'm going to try that.

PS I don't put cherries on top of my potatoes.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 03-09-2021

I also microwave my eggs. The easiest, quickest and best way to cook them.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - lorcand1990 - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 08:03 PM)ari101 Wrote: It's the chopping, I can do the waiting, but I need to be energyful to do chopping (or the consistent stirring, etc.)...
Sometimes the thoughts of having to chop is worse than actually doing it!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 03-09-2021

I do the potato first, cut open and top with cheese while the beans are in the microwave, then beans on top and the cheese melts perfectly

Also agree with the evils of chopping. It's the absolute worst!

(03-09-2021, 08:39 PM)quickbeam Wrote: I also microwave my eggs.  The easiest, quickest and best way to cook them.

Hmm, I can never get scrambled eggs perfect in the microwave, but in the saucepan *chef's kiss*

(03-09-2021, 08:41 PM)nothing Wrote: Hmm, I can never get scrambled eggs perfect in the microwave, but in the saucepan *chef's kiss*

Ah, we've had this conversation before. I don't do eggs where white and yoke get mixed a la scrambled or omelette. I poach my eggs in the microwave.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 08:08 PM)Spears Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 07:24 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: I've come to posst about the lovely food what I am enjoying presently (it's so rare I have something good to share - where is chef grandeeod anyway?!) but couldnae find the "what are you eating" thread, forgetting that was on Boards not here.

I'm going to miss him so much.

and Rows too.

were ???  Confused  ...expound please - wha happened?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - lorcand1990 - 03-09-2021

I'm not too keen on scrambled eggs, do enjoy a good omelette though

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 08:45 PM)DejaBoo Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 08:08 PM)Spears Wrote: I'm going to miss him so much.

and Rows too.

were ???  Confused  ...expound please - wha happened?
both called it a day! 

Rows first, then Grandeeod posted a few weeks later, just after the switch over that he was exiting too. sad times indeed  Cry . I loved their posts

(03-09-2021, 08:42 PM)quickbeam Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 08:41 PM)nothing Wrote: Hmm, I can never get scrambled eggs perfect in the microwave, but in the saucepan *chef's kiss*

Ah, we've had this conversation before.  I don't do eggs where white and yoke get mixed a la scrambled or omelette.  I poach my eggs in the microwave.

Ah yes, we have indeed! What do you put them in to poach? I cannot poach in a pot for love nor money!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 08:47 PM)Spears Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 08:45 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: were ???  Confused  ...expound please - wha happened?
both called it a day! 

Rows first, then Grandeeod posted a few weeks later, just after the switch over that he was exiting too. sad times indeed  Cry . I loved their posts
That is sad indeed, always enjoyed their posts! Thanks Spears. I do hope Boards can recover, we have lost too many good folk. Sad

I've never had a poached egg. don't think I ever will either. think it's a texture thing  Sick

(03-09-2021, 08:51 PM)nothing Wrote: Ah yes, we have indeed! What do you put them in to poach? I cannot poach in a pot for love nor money!

I use a glass pyrex type dish. I put in boiling water, crack in two eggs, and microwave for 2 mins 10 seconds, and then use a slotted slicer thing to pick them up, drain them, drop them on some toast, dust with salt and chili flakes. Divine!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 08:12 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: While we're on food, had a lovely fillet steak for dinner and about to pop open a can of 10.2% triple IPA.. pray for me...

Sure you're only getting warmed up with 10.2% Big Grin

What is it, and is it any good?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Purple Mountain - 03-09-2021

Seph, did you watch The Cat Hospital? So cute ?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 08:56 PM)quickbeam Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 08:51 PM)nothing Wrote: Ah yes, we have indeed! What do you put them in to poach? I cannot poach in a pot for love nor money!

I use a glass pyrex type dish.  I put in boiling water, crack in two eggs, and microwave for 2 mins 10 seconds, and then use a slotted slicer thing to pick them up, drain them, drop them on some toast, dust with salt and chili flakes.  Divine!

I must try the a glass dish, I bought a little plastic egg poaching thingie for the microwave (put in boiling water and the egg in a round shallow thing with a lid), but I still wasn't happy with the outcome, but I cannot get a swirl going in a pot of water to save my life, so I just usually soft boil. I will scramble in a microwave, but on lower power, stirring often, with a dash of milk.

(03-09-2021, 09:01 PM)Zaph Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 08:12 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: While we're on food, had a lovely fillet steak for dinner and about to pop open a can of 10.2% triple IPA.. pray for me...

Sure you're only getting warmed up with 10.2% Big Grin

It's called Push The Button, from wicklow. nothing to do with the sugababes I'd imagine.. considering the strength its quite nice actually,  wouldn't recommend more than one or two though!!

(03-09-2021, 09:04 PM)ari101 Wrote: I bought a little plastic egg poaching thingie for the microwave (put in boiling water and the egg in a round shallow thing with a lid), but I still wasn't happy with the outcome

Yeah, I bought those, and they're absolutely useless. It took a lot of experimenting to learn how to make the perfect eggs, but I finally found my way.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 03-09-2021

I try to cook most nights(well we alternate).. I feel out of place here pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 09:04 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 09:01 PM)Zaph Wrote: Sure you're only getting warmed up with 10.2% Big Grin

It's called Push The Button, from wicklow. nothing to do with the sugababes I'd imagine.. considering the strength its quite nice actually,  wouldn't recommend more than one or two though!!
Yeah, when I'm drinking beers that strong I tend to stick to just the one.  Anything else I might have is more normal strength.  I'll be in the offie tomorrow, must keep en eye out for that one.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 03-09-2021

Trick for poached eggs, clingfilm over a bowl (dipping in a bit, coat it with spray oil(to stop the egg sticking to it), break the egg into it, close it up and tie it, and put it into a pot of boiling water

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 09:17 PM)Zaph Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 09:04 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: It's called Push The Button, from wicklow. nothing to do with the sugababes I'd imagine.. considering the strength its quite nice actually,  wouldn't recommend more than one or two though!!
Yeah, when I'm drinking beers that strong I tend to stick to just the one.  Anything else I might have is more normal strength.  I'll be in the offie tomorrow, must keep en eye out for that one.

I wish my office stocked beer, I'd go in more often!

(03-09-2021, 09:38 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 09:17 PM)Zaph Wrote: Yeah, when I'm drinking beers that strong I tend to stick to just the one.  Anything else I might have is more normal strength.  I'll be in the offie tomorrow, must keep en eye out for that one.

I wish my office stocked beer, I'd go in more often!
The offie, not the office Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 03-09-2021

Got word last night that we're back in business for the annual panto after having to take a year off last year for obvious reasons.

First reading Tuesday night and I'm super excited. Committee have decided we also have to be fully vaxxed to take part which I think is quite a good idea tbh, less risk for everyone. (Not no risk, but less anyways)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 09:51 PM)Necro Wrote: Got word last night that we're back in business for the annual panto after having to take a year off last year for obvious reasons.

First reading Tuesday night and I'm super excited. Committee have decided we also have to be fully vaxxed to take part which I think is quite a good idea tbh, less risk for everyone. (Not no risk, but less anyways)

happy for you.

(03-09-2021, 09:56 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 09:51 PM)Necro Wrote: Got word last night that we're back in business for the annual panto after having to take a year off last year for obvious reasons.

happy for you.
Oh no he isn't! Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 03-09-2021

Roadtrip to Sligo for the Panto!  pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Kol - 03-09-2021

Yeah we have had that scrabbled egg arguement before. All I can say is you're all lucky Michael isn't here.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 08:26 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: I had takeaway , I asked for a Junior Box , instead I got a breast and a thigh of chicken , with enough chips for at least three people pac

What noise did your chicken make  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 04-09-2021

What panto you doing this year?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Purple Mountain - 04-09-2021

Mam, it sounds like they upgraded you to a senior box Smile
Necro, we'll do a road trip in a minibus to the panto for a night out!
Watched the first LLS of the season. Got goosebumps watching the footage of Dolores O Riordan. I was a massive fan as a teenager, their's was probably the first album I bought. Her voice was so unique, you'll never hear similar again.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 04-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 09:02 PM)Purple Mountain Wrote: Seph, did you watch The Cat Hospital? So cute ?
Watch it? I'd say he runs it!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 04-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 09:58 PM)Zaph Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 09:56 PM)Neowise Wrote: happy for you.
Oh no he isn't! Big Grin
You stole my joke! (Oh no he didn't)

Oh yes you did! Angry Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 04-09-2021

(04-09-2021, 12:01 AM)jp liz v1 Wrote:

What panto you doing this year?

Seph in Boots  Tongue

Not sure yet I will know more at the first reading I suspect

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 04-09-2021

(04-09-2021, 07:41 AM)Necro Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 12:01 AM)jp liz v1 Wrote: What panto you doing this year?

Seph in Boots  Tongue

Not sure yet I will know more at the first reading I suspect

Paws crossed it is, I have my costume ready and all Necro .

[Image: real-life-puss-in-boots]