A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 08:21 PM)nothing Wrote: I have not but they sound good!

They are !! Worth trying anyway , four for €2 ☺

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 02-09-2021

I'll make a note to pick some up after counselling next week!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 08:02 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: Anyone tried Dunne Stores own brand Lemon and White Chocolate muffins? They're lovely , just a little chocolate thankfully !

lidl used to do one of those a few years ago and then they stopped. they were delish. gonna have a nosy out for the Dunnes ones now..

I love the Dunnes Simply raspberry & almond bakewell slices. with a bottle of squirty cream.

had three in one day a few days ago, then polished off the last one for breakfast the next day hehe  Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 03-09-2021

The bakewell slices would be lovely , except almond...nope...up there with cinnamon for me !

Have a lovely weekend all, no matter how you spend the time☺

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 03-09-2021

Oooh same as, mam! Almond and cinnamon, yuck!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 03-09-2021

Not a fan of almonds, but for some reason I love bakewells. Can't stand them in anything else. If I'm eating something with cinnamon in it, there's basically never enough. Whatever the recipe says, double it and I'll be happy.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 03-09-2021

I love almonds but hate cinnamon!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 03-09-2021

I love almonds whole and raw. In fact I love all nuts. I don't like bakewells though as I don't like sponge or pastry.

I don't really have an opinion on cinnamon. I don't think I can taste it actually.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Kol - 03-09-2021

Cinnamon roasted almonds are delish, whats wrong with you people.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 02:17 PM)quickbeam Wrote: I don't really have an opinion on cinnamon.  I don't think I can taste it actually.
Try a spoonful on its own

Don't google "cinnamon challenge" first. Trust me, there's no need Wink

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 03-09-2021

What QB posted:

(03-09-2021, 02:17 PM)quickbeam Wrote: I love almonds whole and raw.  In fact I love all nuts.  I don't like bakewells though as I don't like sponge or pastry.

I don't really have an opinion on cinnamon.  I don't think I can taste it actually.

What Trigs mind sees..

(03-09-2021, 02:17 PM)quickbeam Wrote: In fact I love all nuts.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952c92c734c9f475ba116...y.gif&ct=g]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 03:12 PM)Trigger Wrote: What Trigs mind sees..

That's what I said Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 03-09-2021

(21-08-2021, 06:23 PM)E.N. Wrote: I'm the same - toddler, baby and lockdown mean I've barely drunk for 18 months. I've got a stag do in two weeks... I'll be OK, won't I?! Confused

That stag do starts after work, wish me luck!
If you never hear from me again, you know what happened pac

It was nice knowing you EN. You'll be missed Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 02:17 PM)quickbeam Wrote: In fact I love all nuts.

Peanuts and hazelnuts are my particular favourites.  I developed a nut allergy out of the blue a few years ago.  Guess which are the only nuts I'm allergic to...   Sad

Urgh, that sucks! I actually think I have a mild allergy to nuts too, so I have to be careful but I seem to get away with it if I don't eat too many of them too often.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 03-09-2021

Tesco have selection boxes out already

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 04:23 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Urgh, that sucks!  I actually think I have a mild allergy to nuts too, so I have to be careful but I seem to get away with it if I don't eat too many of them too often.
Same as me. I can eat a small handful and be grand but anymore than that and I'm sick. 

Cashews are the only ones I can eat lots of. So I drink Cashew milk. 

And I feckin love cinnamon.

(03-09-2021, 04:23 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Urgh, that sucks!  I actually think I have a mild allergy to nuts too, so I have to be careful but I seem to get away with it if I don't eat too many of them too often.

Well it was peanuts that set it off, and it was bad enough, although non-life threatening, to need to go to the doctor fairly quickly.  I only found out about the hazelnuts after I went to get properly tested.  Seemed to be fine for any other nuts he tested me for, although I'm also apparently allergic to shellfish, but I don't eat that anyway so it didn't bother me.  He said it wasn't bad enough to be dangerous, just a bit unpleasant for a while, so I don't even chance them.  Thankfully I'm not allergic to Lidl's roasted, salted macadamias, that would be really unbearable.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 03-09-2021

Mmmmmm hazelnuts (and all other nuts really) and cinnamon in apple tart (or ginger for rhubarb). I stop in here for a read and the healthy eating plans go out the window pac Tesco do a bake at home apple strudel in the freezer section (a big, feed lots of people, or gorge yourself until you are sick, size one) that I think is a very good value treat, but I adore pastries... And much as I like almonds, the almond flavour and the cherry in bakewells is not for me...

(03-09-2021, 04:18 PM)quickbeam Wrote: It was nice knowing you EN.  You'll be missed Big Grin
[Image: InfantileRequiredEidolonhelvum-max-1mb.gif]

Thanks QB Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 04:58 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 04:18 PM)quickbeam Wrote: It was nice knowing you EN.  You'll be missed Big Grin
[Image: InfantileRequiredEidolonhelvum-max-1mb.gif]

Thanks QB Tongue

I'd much rather dispense with you via a battle of sheep so do come back next week dear nemesis Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 03-09-2021

I've come to posst about the lovely food what I am enjoying presently (it's so rare I have something good to share - where is chef grandeeod anyway?!) but couldnae find the "what are you eating" thread, forgetting that was on Boards not here. And low and behold, here we be talking of food on wherers, woohoo!

My favourite Friday (avocado n' dried onion) Sushi, which I havenae had in like a year is ...IN MA BELLY! Big Grin .... happy out  pac

Carry on Wink

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 07:24 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: I've come to posst about the lovely food what I am enjoying presently (it's so rare I have something good to share - where is chef grandeeod anyway?!) but couldnae find the "what are you eating" thread, forgetting that was on Boards not here. And low and behold, here we be talking of food on wherers, woohoo!

My favourite Friday (avocado n' dried onion) Sushi, which I havenae had in like a year is ...IN MA BELLY! Big Grin .... happy out  pac

Carry on Wink
Is that a veggie sushi substitute?

We're always talking about food, I think a cake discussion derailed a whole day of the first Week of Sheep Thread pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 07:26 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 07:24 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: I've come to posst about the lovely food what I am enjoying presently (it's so rare I have something good to share - where is chef grandeeod anyway?!) but couldnae find the "what are you eating" thread, forgetting that was on Boards not here. And low and behold, here we be talking of food on wherers, woohoo!

Carry on Wink
Is that a veggie sushi substitute?
I wish it was, this one is called Spicy Crunchy Roll - has crabmeat, cucumber, rice, avocado, seaweed, dried onion and eel sauce.

(03-09-2021, 07:28 PM)ari101 Wrote: We're always talking about food, I think a cake discussion derailed a whole day of the first Week of Sheep Thread pac
I knew I liked this forum!  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 03-09-2021

I have baked potato, beans and cheese on the menu... Just need to actually make it

I could make some chicken and veg stirfry, but I'm feeling the energy levels might equate to something from the freezer that can be shoved into the oven or microwave pac

(03-09-2021, 07:44 PM)nothing Wrote: I have baked potato, beans and cheese on the menu... Just need to actually make it
I saw a recommendation for baked potato with red pepper and chilli hummus, I'm definitely going to try it topped with a mix of grated cheddar and mozzarella. If I'm lazy I'll microwave the potato.

(03-09-2021, 07:54 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 07:44 PM)nothing Wrote: I have baked potato, beans and cheese on the menu... Just need to actually make it
I saw a recommendation for baked potato with red pepper and chilli hummus, I'm definitely going to try it topped with a mix of grated cheddar and mozzarella. If I'm lazy I'll microwave the potato.

It'll be microwave here, with a little curry powder in the beans, and have exactly that cheese mix lol

(03-09-2021, 07:56 PM)nothing Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 07:54 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I saw a recommendation for baked potato with red pepper and chilli hummus, I'm definitely going to try it topped with a mix of grated cheddar and mozzarella. If I'm lazy I'll microwave the potato.

It'll be microwave here, with a little curry powder in the beans, and have exactly that cheese mix lol
I'm all about quick, easy dinners! If I put effort into a dinner I make sure it's something that can be batch cooked and frozen.

Haha same leggy! A lot of chopping and cook time better get me 4 to 6 meals

It's the chopping, I can do the waiting, but I need to be energyful to do chopping (or the consistent stirring, etc.)...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 07:24 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: I've come to posst about the lovely food what I am enjoying presently (it's so rare I have something good to share - where is chef grandeeod anyway?!) but couldnae find the "what are you eating" thread, forgetting that was on Boards not here.

I'm going to miss him so much.

and Rows too.

..two absolute legands they are/were  Sad

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Kol - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 07:54 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
Microwaved spuds, jasus I've heard it all now

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - lorcand1990 - 03-09-2021

While we're on food, had a lovely fillet steak for dinner and about to pop open a can of 10.2% triple IPA.. pray for me...

(03-09-2021, 08:09 PM)Kol Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 07:54 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I saw a recommendation for baked potato with red pepper and chilli hummus, I'm definitely going to try it topped with a mix of grated cheddar and mozzarella. If I'm lazy I'll microwave the potato.

When it's an option between 90 mins in the oven or less than 10 in the microwave, and you're starving, microwave wins!

(03-09-2021, 08:13 PM)nothing Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 08:09 PM)Kol Wrote: Microwaved spuds, jasus I've heard it all now

When it's an option between 90 mins in the oven or less than 10 in the microwave, and you're starving, microwave wins!
Oh I get the convinience of it. Though I'd rather wait and make them properly. 

I can't imagine they taste as good

(03-09-2021, 08:09 PM)Kol Wrote:
Wash them, stab repeatedly with a knife so they don't explode and eat. The lazy person's choice of spud!