A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 30-08-2021

(30-08-2021, 08:22 PM)nothing Wrote: Anxiety rising for meeting new counsellor tomorrow, but also glad it's happening. Will be treating myself to something from the art shop after.
I hope it goes well, nothing. Post a pic of what you buy! Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 31-08-2021

Home , where else ?! Tis cool enough this evening , back to lighting fires time ☺

@E.N. , how'd your little one get on at Montessori?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 31-08-2021

(30-08-2021, 08:31 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(30-08-2021, 08:22 PM)nothing Wrote: Anxiety rising for meeting new counsellor tomorrow, but also glad it's happening. Will be treating myself to something from the art shop after.
I hope it goes well, nothing. Post a pic of what you buy! Smile

[Image: pT4eTUh.jpg]

Went really well, it was an assessment, passed into full sessions with flying colours!

Popped into the art shop for the first time in nearly 2 years, only wanted a putty rubber and a dip pen. Also got a nice charcoal set, black painting paper, blue ink, a bunch of whiteboard markers so I can colour code things and 2 mesh bags so I can easily switch between what I need for subjects when I'm back in classes Smile

Had a good day overall.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Kol - 31-08-2021

Looks great nothing, do you do much artwork?

I do a bit myself when I get time which is not very often these days

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 31-08-2021

(31-08-2021, 07:02 PM)Kol Wrote: Looks great nothing, do you do much artwork?

I do a bit myself when I get time which is not very often these days

I'm doing a level 6 art course at the moment. I struggle with motivation and concentration, so don't do as much as I'd like to.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 31-08-2021

(31-08-2021, 06:16 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: @E.N.  , how'd your little one get on at Montessori?

She did great, thanks Mam Smile

Didn't even look back at me going in, full of confidence. Said she had fun, teacher (is that what they're called at Montessori?) said she was great. She was excited to be going back today, so we're delighted Smile

The only downside is that it's right beside our new house, but that's been delayed. So for a couple of months it's a 45min round trip, twice a day, trying to squeeze that in around work. We'll be in the new house eventually though, then it'll be great!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 31-08-2021

Aw , delighted she loves it EN , it's great to see them get more confident in themselves and happily go on in without ye ☺
Best of luck in the new house when it's move in time !
(We'll all go help ye , food and drink as payment pac )

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 31-08-2021

Greetings, fellow carbon-based bipeds pac

Great to hear EN. Oh, and I second Mam's offer of assistance at move in time for food and drink Wink

Tableside here, having a downer of a day for no apparent reason. Things went good at work, but there must be a black hole somewhere around here that's sucking up all my energy...

Damn Spider Pig gif made me ask Google to play the spiderman theme tune... She obliged with a version by Michael Buble... It's perfect

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 31-08-2021

(31-08-2021, 08:20 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: Aw , delighted she loves it EN , it's great to see them get more confident in themselves and happily go on in without ye ☺
Best of luck in the new house when it's move in time !
(We'll all go help ye , food and drink as payment pac )
How did your granddaughter get on? Hopefully she had fun too!

I hear ya, thomil, the dark, cooler evenings aren't helping much either.

Delighted today went well, nothing. Smile Hopefully you settle into a routine when you get back to your course.

@Leg End Reject , she loved it thank you , and her little sister started playschool the same day too !

The evenings are getting dark and cool alright , seemed to be a very quick transition from the lovely warm evenings to this

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 31-08-2021

That's great, Mam!

No tears and tantrums for you or Nitters (apart from your own Nitters with the commute Big Grin).

Lol Leggy , I can remember my own starting school, crazy , truthfully they were probably glad to get away from me ☺

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 31-08-2021

Can anyone tell me what's going on in the Cork area today? I've seen more Air Corps helicopters over the last five hours than I did in the last nine years. Just had another one fly over at low level not too long ago.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 01-09-2021

Why the fuck can’t I sleep?? Sad

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 01-09-2021

(31-08-2021, 10:23 PM)thomil Wrote: Can anyone tell me what's going on in the Cork area today? I've seen more Air Corps helicopters over the last five hours than I did in the last nine years. Just had another one fly over at low level not too long ago.

Sounds like Seph released all the cats in the city at once.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 01-09-2021

@nothing, that looks like Christmas! Smile
Will you be doing hand lettering calligraphy? or do you use the nib pens in your artwork? I've never used dip pens, very professional! .....Never known how to use charcoals either, doesn't it smear everywhere?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 01-09-2021

@quickbeam, must be the moon phases... atleast that's what I tell myself every blessed  night.  Rolleyes
Hope you were able to sleep some.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 01-09-2021

(01-09-2021, 07:34 AM)DejaBoo Wrote: @quickbeam, must be the moon phases... atleast that's what I tell myself every blessed  night.  Rolleyes
Hope you were able to sleep some.

[Image: ee464a4e6c59fc51c63124022cc3c176--jaffa-...clipse.jpg]

Got to sleep around 1am, woke for no reason around 4.30am. At least it’s a WFH day.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 01-09-2021

(01-09-2021, 07:32 AM)DejaBoo Wrote: @nothing, that looks like Christmas!  Smile
Will you be doing hand lettering calligraphy? or do you use the nib pens in your artwork? I've never used dip pens, very professional! .....Never known how to use charcoals either, doesn't it smear everywhere?

I have a bottle of Indian ink, so will be using the pen for drawing mainly, or at least attempting to!

Charcoal gets everywhere and I hate hate hate when it's all over my hands, so these pencil type ones might solve that. The smearing can give lovely effects to a drawing though

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 01-09-2021

(01-09-2021, 12:35 AM)quickbeam Wrote: Why the fuck can’t I sleep?? Sad
I hear you.
I was up till 3am. Very edgy all night until I managed to doze off

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - TheValeyard - 01-09-2021

Little dude started school today.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 01-09-2021

(01-09-2021, 12:36 AM)quickbeam Wrote:
(31-08-2021, 10:23 PM)thomil Wrote: Can anyone tell me what's going on in the Cork area today? I've seen more Air Corps helicopters over the last five hours than I did in the last nine years. Just had another one fly over at low level not too long ago.

Sounds like Seph released all the cats in the city at once.

Here they are running down Patrick's street 

[Image: 68604e5cc0276eda1ecf0aad45f90ee9.jpg]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 01-09-2021

(01-09-2021, 11:39 AM)TheValeyard Wrote: Little dude started school today.
Hope he loves it!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 01-09-2021

Getting a "West Side Story" vibe from those cats, Seph Wink

Deskside here, currently on a shopping spree with company money. Gotta make use of that WFH budget before we return to the office pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - TheValeyard - 01-09-2021

Went great Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 01-09-2021

(01-09-2021, 04:09 PM)TheValeyard Wrote: Went great Big Grin
Ah that's brilliant Vale, first day is always anxiety ridden.. and that's just the parents. Always great to get it out of the way, little fella is back nearly 2 weeks to his second year in playschool. 

House has been eerily quiet without him in the AM..

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 01-09-2021

Automatic reply set.

Work email logged off.

The holiday starts, now.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 01-09-2021

(01-09-2021, 05:09 PM)Barna77 Wrote: Automatic reply set.

Work email logged off.

The holiday starts, now.

Always a good feeling.  Another two days and I'll be doing the same.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 01-09-2021

(01-09-2021, 04:15 PM)Trigger Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 04:09 PM)TheValeyard Wrote: Went great Big Grin
...little fella is back nearly 2 weeks to his second year in playschool. 

Lucky number two is on the way!
Leg End told me Wink Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 01-09-2021

(01-09-2021, 07:29 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 04:15 PM)Trigger Wrote: ...little fella is back nearly 2 weeks to his second year in playschool. 

Lucky number two is on the way!
Leg End told me Wink Tongue

Nah... the happy thread is about something totally different which will probably then lead into number 2 pac probably be 2023 by time number 2 makes an appearance Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Irish Aris - 01-09-2021

(01-09-2021, 05:19 PM)Zaph Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 05:09 PM)Barna77 Wrote: Automatic reply set.

Work email logged off.

The holiday starts, now.

Always a good feeling.  Another two days and I'll be doing the same.

Same here!!

Off to bed. Let's hope I sleep.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 01-09-2021

I sneezed and bit my tongue... Ouch!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - HeyV - 01-09-2021

(01-09-2021, 09:35 PM)nothing Wrote: I sneezed and bit my tongue... Ouch!

ouch!  shock

(01-09-2021, 09:52 PM)HeyV Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 09:35 PM)nothing Wrote: I sneezed and bit my tongue... Ouch!

ouch!  shock

Thankfully it was more the shock of it than a hard bite.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 02-09-2021

On an airplane for the first time in a million years.
Going home for the first time since Christmas 2019

Woohoo

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 02-09-2021

Anyone tried Dunne Stores own brand Lemon and White Chocolate muffins? They're lovely , just a little chocolate thankfully !

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 02-09-2021

I have not but they sound good!