A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 19-08-2021

(19-08-2021, 07:01 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Oh, and Function keys don't work without the Ctrl button, so refreshing is Ctrl+F5 instead of just F5 as it ought to be.

my laptop came setup like that, but i quickly changed it back so that the fkeys are default and the volume and other shit was done using fn key.

maybe your laptop has similar setting you can change https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/content/en-us00688765/

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 20-08-2021

(19-08-2021, 11:28 PM)Neowise Wrote: my laptop came setup like that, but i quickly changed it back so that the fkeys are default and the volume and other shit was done using fn key.

maybe your laptop has similar setting you can change https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/content/en-us00688765/

Genius!! Thank-you, I got my Function keys back!!!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 20-08-2021

How are the foggers? Smile

I'm in bed with coffee and bit of choccie. Girl in work is going on maternity leave today so I'm going in to give her very cute baby presents.
I got them in Boots and it was all very confusing. Loads of different things for mammy to bes. There was even a special cream for...haemorrhoids....after the birth. Yikes.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 20-08-2021

Deskside here, burning down the clock as my work calendar is already completely clear. Oh, and I'm thanking my blessings that I don't have to commute today, given the weather Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 20-08-2021

3 hrs left here and I'm off till Wednesday Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 20-08-2021

Also deskside, 3 hours until I can shut the PC off for the weekend. The next 3 hours will be spent pulling my hair out.
I got a request for a change to a report, so requested the current output to be sent to me with the list of changes required. Just got a print out of the excel report, highlighted and written on with notes, and rescanned in....

Going to the cinema this evening for the first time since before lockdown to see Free Guy!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 20-08-2021

Three hours left here too, and I'm off until .... Monday!

Well, I guess beggars can't be choosy.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 20-08-2021

Ooh I wanna see that Free Guy movie.

I'm only working three days next week. SmileSmileSmile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Irish Aris - 20-08-2021

Good afternoon everyone, Happy Friday!!
No meetings today, so trying to finish the remaining urgent items and call it a weekend!!

And 7 days until my trip back (to the original) home!!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 20-08-2021

Deskside too, having an email back and forth with the other side of the water while wondering why (some) Americans  __________. 
a) are idiots
b) are stupid
c) are not the sharpest tool
d) all of the above. I understand now how Trump was elected

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 20-08-2021

(20-08-2021, 02:54 PM)Barna77 Wrote: Deskside too, having an email back and forth with the other side of the water while wondering why (some) Americans  __________. 
a) are idiots
b) are stupid
c) are not the sharpest tool
d) all of the above. I understand now how Trump was elected

and yet, stats would show that ireland has a greater percentage of idiots.

(20-08-2021, 03:19 PM)Neowise Wrote: and yet, stats would show that ireland has a greater percentage of idiots.

What stats are those?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - aaronjennings - 20-08-2021

(20-08-2021, 02:14 PM)BuileBeag Wrote: Ooh I wanna see that Free Guy movie.

I'm only working three days next week. SmileSmileSmile

Very fun movie, saw it yesterday

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 20-08-2021

(20-08-2021, 03:32 PM)quickbeam Wrote:
(20-08-2021, 03:19 PM)Neowise Wrote: and yet, stats would show that ireland has a greater percentage of idiots.

What stats are those?

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/average-iq-by-country

countryrankiq
USA2398 
IRL5292

https://www.worlddata.info/iq-by-country.php

rankcountryiq
25United States98
35Ireland94

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 20-08-2021

[Image: zo2dt.jpg]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - iammetaldave - 20-08-2021

Pintside having pints Smile

Posting pics won’t work for me otherwise I’d share my Guinness (pic only) with you all Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Homer J. Fong - 20-08-2021

I survived my first week of work! \o/

Now for lots of wine and Spotify this evening.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 20-08-2021

Hope you're settling in, Homer, the first week in a new job is always a bit daunting.

What a week this has been, beer and mindless tv for me.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 20-08-2021

First week back in the office done and dusted here. Thankfully, it was pretty quiet. Still, can someone extend the weekend until next Friday?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 20-08-2021

(20-08-2021, 06:00 PM)Homer J. Fong Wrote: I survived my first week of work! \o/

Now for lots of wine and Spotify this evening.

(20-08-2021, 08:47 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Hope you're settling in, Homer, the first week in a new job is always a bit daunting.

What a week this has been, beer and mindless tv for me.

Well done Fong! Big Grin

Are you alright there Leg? Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 20-08-2021

(20-08-2021, 09:10 PM)thomil Wrote: First week back in the office done and dusted here. Thankfully, it was pretty quiet. Still, can someone extend the weekend until next Friday?

I'm back on Monday after 2 weeks off.. and it's testing week.. I should have took 3!

I might as well get up.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 21-08-2021

Waiting on my tesco delivery, trying to keep down breakfast, it's likely back to bed for me after shopping comes.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 21-08-2021

The torrential rain has arrived here , and I mean torrential . I hope to God, whoever almighty , that we don't get thunder , otherwise it'll be a very long arduous day on son.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 21-08-2021

(21-08-2021, 12:46 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: The torrential rain has arrived here , and I mean torrential . I hope to God, whoever almighty , that we don't get thunder , otherwise it'll be a very long arduous day on son.

I'm afraid Met Eireann have issued a yellow thunderstorm warning for Leinster, Cavan, Donegal, Monaghan, Leitrim, Roscommon, Sligo in effect until 8pm.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 21-08-2021

(21-08-2021, 01:39 PM)Zaph Wrote:
(21-08-2021, 12:46 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: The torrential rain has arrived here , and I mean torrential . I hope to God, whoever almighty , that we don't get thunder , otherwise it'll be a very long arduous day on son.

I'm afraid Met Eireann have issued a yellow thunderstorm warning for Leinster, Cavan, Donegal, Monaghan, Leitrim, Roscommon, Sligo in effect until 8pm.

I know , awful forecast.  Thankfully at the minute it has blown over and the sun is out . It's the continuous thunder that he can't handle . Onwards and upwards ☺

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 21-08-2021

The torrential rain has just hit here.

I am on the couch supposedly doing a college assignment, but in reality watching The White Lotus.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 21-08-2021

I'm about 8 pints deep in a day session and I love you all *hic*

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 21-08-2021

(21-08-2021, 04:24 PM)Necro Wrote: I'm about 8 pints deep in a day session and I love you all *hic*

Necro now... Tongue

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 21-08-2021

(21-08-2021, 04:24 PM)Necro Wrote: I'm about 8 pints deep in a day session and I love you all *hic*

Even me??  pac Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 21-08-2021

I had two and I'm nearly rolling down the floor.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Kol - 21-08-2021

Blimey!..if I had 8 pints I would be unconscious. 

My sessions are few and far between these day. 

I will need some practice before meeting up with you lot.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 21-08-2021

(21-08-2021, 06:20 PM)Kol Wrote: Blimey!..if I had 8 pints I would be unconscious. 

I'm the same - toddler, baby and lockdown mean I've barely drunk for 18 months. I've got a stag do in two weeks... I'll be OK, won't I?! Confused

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Kol - 21-08-2021

(21-08-2021, 06:23 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(21-08-2021, 06:20 PM)Kol Wrote: Blimey!..if I had 8 pints I would be unconscious. 

I'm the same - toddler, baby and lockdown mean I've barely drunk for 18 months. I've got a stag do in two weeks... I'll be OK, won't I?! Confused

Funny you should mention that, last session I had was Feb last year, bothers stag in Liverpool. He has had to postpone the wedding a few times, he is not married yet. Im trying to get another stag out of it Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 22-08-2021

Book completed. Now to catch up on some TV.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 22-08-2021

It's menu tasting day!! I had drinks last night and a peetza so I'm not feeling like I want to eat a load of food.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - aaronjennings - 22-08-2021

Feel free to send any spare our way, just in case ye want an outside opinion

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 22-08-2021

(22-08-2021, 03:05 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: Feel free to send any spare our way, just in case ye want an outside opinion

Tongue  Stuffdedededed. I have the energy of a snail right now. Amazingly I couldn't finish my lovely main course but had no bother gobbling up my dessert and half of himself's.
Our choices will be somewhat controversial and people talk  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 22-08-2021

Tell us everything!

(22-08-2021, 06:01 PM)nothing Wrote: Tell us everything!

Liver slices to started, cow testicle for mains and ice cream for the boring ones. 

Big Grin