A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 16-08-2021

Best of luck homie!

Remember if you want to take a nap, you have this little fella to take over for ya 

[Image: giphy.gif]

pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 16-08-2021

All available fingers are crossed, Homer. You'll do great.

Tableside, just finished with lunch. Spent the morning sorting out around 1000 unread emails at work that had come in while I was gone. The joys of work, eh?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 16-08-2021

Best of luck, Homer!

Fecking Monday again.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 16-08-2021

(16-08-2021, 01:52 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Best of luck, Homer!

Fecking Monday again.

The worst of all the days  Dodgy

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 16-08-2021

(16-08-2021, 01:57 PM)Necro Wrote:

Fecking Monday again.

It's Tuesday for me but I console myself that it's a day closer to the weekend.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 16-08-2021

(16-08-2021, 01:57 PM)Necro Wrote:

Fecking Monday again.

More bearable when you take the day off  Cool

Best of luck Homer!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 16-08-2021

Best of luck in the new job Homer

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 16-08-2021

(16-08-2021, 02:23 PM)Barna77 Wrote:
(16-08-2021, 01:57 PM)Necro Wrote: The worst of all the days  Dodgy

More bearable when you take the day off  Cool

Best of luck Homer!

Even more so when you take the week pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 16-08-2021

(16-08-2021, 03:35 PM)Trigger Wrote:
(16-08-2021, 02:23 PM)Barna77 Wrote: More bearable when you take the day off  Cool

Best of luck Homer!

Even more so when you take the week pac

I'll tell you that in a couple of weeks  Big Grin

Distressing scenes in Dublin city centre today.
Brown Thomas is setting up the C******* store. In August.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 16-08-2021

(16-08-2021, 04:36 PM)Barna77 Wrote:
(16-08-2021, 03:35 PM)Trigger Wrote: Even more so when you take the week pac

I'll tell you that in a couple of weeks  Big Grin

Distressing scenes in Dublin city centre today.
Brown Thomas is setting up the C******* store. In August.

Can't say I blame them. They just can't wait for this year to be over, just like last year. 

Almost made it to the end of day one back at work over here, just one more hour...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 16-08-2021

BT open the Christmas Shop every August, that's not a new thing.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Homer J. Fong - 16-08-2021

Getting rid of the leftover stock from last Christmas before they bring out the good stuff.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 17-08-2021

Belated good morning everyone Smile

Deskside here, waiting for the paracetamol to kick in. My back is killing me!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 17-08-2021

Hope it's kicked in thomil!

Need to do some super exciting housework today, place is a tip. And lots of fun FoG stuff too Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 17-08-2021

Ibuprofen might be better, thomil.

Some work stuff and housework here too, milk went sour in the fridge too. Sad

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 17-08-2021

Ah no! Pesky milk!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 17-08-2021

Slept two hours last night, or rather, this morning. Trying not to hit the head on the keyboard.

Luckily, my lovely manager and his micromanagement bossing style is keeping me "awake"  Angry

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 17-08-2021

Didnt sleep much at all myself. I'm in work and I can't stop yawning. Have a headache, presumably from tiredness and now I've gone and burned my baby finger. How can a small little burn hurt so much!!! SadSad

Thomil hope your back improves soon.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 17-08-2021

Poor Mark Sad So sad

(17-08-2021, 08:11 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Poor Mark Sad So sad

Really heartbreaking Sad

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 17-08-2021

(17-08-2021, 08:26 PM)nothing Wrote:

Really heartbreaking Sad

I had only been messaging him about something a week ago. Can't get my head around it all at all.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 17-08-2021

Oh no !!! Sad

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 17-08-2021

Only met him once briefly in person. Lovely guy, he'll be missed greatly.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 17-08-2021

RIP

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 18-08-2021

What a miserable morning! On my third coffee already.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - iammetaldave - 18-08-2021

Deskside, coffee and good deed for the day done, working away... ish.. Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 18-08-2021

Had a 6 and a half minute call from the psychiatrist. Checked my call logs, they rang me for less than 30 minutes since the pandemic hit, for 8 appointments and 1 follow up. Some calls less than a minute. I'm actually raging.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 18-08-2021

Deskside with a coffee

[Image: coffee-cat.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 18-08-2021

(18-08-2021, 11:49 AM)nothing Wrote: Had a 6 and a half minute call from the psychiatrist. Checked my call logs, they rang me for less than 30 minutes since the pandemic hit, for 8 appointments and 1 follow up. Some calls less than a minute. I'm actually raging.

I too have doctor rage this week, from Monday. They're all a shower of twats! Huh Cry Sick Sad

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 18-08-2021

(18-08-2021, 12:17 PM)quickbeam Wrote:
(18-08-2021, 11:49 AM)nothing Wrote: Had a 6 and a half minute call from the psychiatrist. Checked my call logs, they rang me for less than 30 minutes since the pandemic hit, for 8 appointments and 1 follow up. Some calls less than a minute. I'm actually raging.

I too have doctor rage this week, from Monday.  They're all a shower of twats!  Huh  Cry Sick Sad

I'm just lucky my GP is a decent sort and seems to actually give a damn about how I'm doing.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 18-08-2021

That is lucky. I don't even have a GP because they're all a load of twats too!

Ah feck! The whole medical system is a joke tbh

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 18-08-2021

(18-08-2021, 12:22 PM)nothing Wrote: Ah feck! The whole medical system is a joke tbh

The Mental Health system is seriously lacking , in every way . A brief phonecall is not good enough , it's as if they're just ringing in order to check the recipients name off the list , done and dusted for another few months .

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 18-08-2021

Try to put them out of your mind.
Maybe go for a walk and try to settle your mind.

When you find calm, then maybe revisit what triggered the rage and journal it so you can figure out why it caused these emotions in you and come back to it every now and then and brainstorm on what needs to change and how to go about it. If rage returns, then step away again.

Rage won't offer solutions, so best let it move on before trying to solve.

The rage comes quickly with BPD, but sure it's gone already. I know I need to put in a complaint at some point, but will need a much clearer head. It's a mix of frustration, a feeling of not being listened to/taken seriously, the lack of care/being another box ticked, and being fed up with the system as a whole.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 18-08-2021

(18-08-2021, 01:28 PM)nothing Wrote: The rage comes quickly with BPD, but sure it's gone already. I know I need to put in a complaint at some point, but will need a much clearer head. It's a mix of frustration, a feeling of not being listened to/taken seriously, the lack of care/being another box ticked, and being fed up with the system as a whole.

Is it just a psychiatrist who you speak with Nothing? I don't mean to pry, just there are some services that exist for mental health. Overall the system is shocking though.

(18-08-2021, 01:31 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(18-08-2021, 01:28 PM)nothing Wrote: The rage comes quickly with BPD, but sure it's gone already. I know I need to put in a complaint at some point, but will need a much clearer head. It's a mix of frustration, a feeling of not being listened to/taken seriously, the lack of care/being another box ticked, and being fed up with the system as a whole.

Is it just a psychiatrist who you speak with Nothing? I don't mean to pry, just there are some services that exist for mental health. Overall the system is shocking though.

At the moment, just the psychiatrist. Waiting for the psychologist. Had previously seen a few nurses, occupational therapist, dietician, 2 other psychologists, a round of dbt and counsellors. The GP is dealing with my medication at the moment after a disaster waiting on the psychiatrist. At the top of the waiting list for some short term counselling.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 18-08-2021

(18-08-2021, 01:36 PM)nothing Wrote:
(18-08-2021, 01:31 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Is it just a psychiatrist who you speak with Nothing? I don't mean to pry, just there are some services that exist for mental health. Overall the system is shocking though.

At the moment, just the psychiatrist. Waiting for the psychologist. Had previously seen a few nurses, occupational therapist, dietician, 2 other psychologists, a round of dbt and counsellors. The GP is dealing with my medication at the moment after a disaster waiting on the psychiatrist. At the top of the waiting list for some short term counselling.

That's a lot of support which is good. It's a shame we don't have a system where it can be ongoing, for example every week you can engage with the people who are best suited to supporting you. 
DBT has a good success rate for BPD as far as I'm aware. It's difficult enough to get on to the program.

I know there are a number of low cost counselling services dotted around the country where you could be paying as low as €20. I would definitely do your research though if going down that route.

(18-08-2021, 01:47 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: That's a lot of support which is good. It's a shame we don't have a system where it can be ongoing, for example every week you can engage with the people who are best suited to supporting you. 
DBT has a good success rate for BPD as far as I'm aware. It's difficult enough to get on to the program.

I know there are a number of low cost counselling services dotted around the country where you could be paying as low as €20. I would definitely do your research though if going down that route.

DBT is touted as the be all, end all if you have BPD, unfortunately it didn't work well for me personally. And have read up the studies, it's great for certain areas of BPD, but not the ones I have.

I'm waiting on CIPC, which is free counselling, as a stop gap until I can get to the psychologist.

I'm much much better than I was before I got help some 15 years ago. Just not quite there yet.

I remember years ago being referred to a psyc in the public system. Some dude with a clipboard. Can't even remember the outcome but I didn't return. Around the same time I got a referral to Pieta. Same craic. A woman with a clipboard.

The best support I have received has been private. I was in therapy a number of years ago weekly for 4 years. Then about 2 years ago I went forthnightly. That particular lady was €80 a go and it was money extremely well spent.

Quality support for our well being shouldn't come at such a cost. However there is a lot to be said for the phrase "you pay peanuts you get monkies". The HSE should provide the care and pay their therapists an appropriate wage.