A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 29-01-2023

(29-01-2023, 07:11 PM)Barna77 Wrote: Moving is no fun

Can you do it stages by any chance? Move some of your stuff bit by bit ?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 29-01-2023

One of the most stressful things you can do, apparently.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 30-01-2023

(29-01-2023, 07:18 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote:

Can you do it stages by any chance? Move some of your stuff bit by bit ?

It was done in two trips. I was happy to throw the mattress on the floor and sleep there. I couldn't be arsed to assemble the bed. 

(29-01-2023, 07:34 PM)nothing Wrote:

One of the most stressful things you can do, apparently.
It is

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 30-01-2023

(30-01-2023, 10:40 AM)Barna77 Wrote:
(29-01-2023, 07:18 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: Can you do it stages by any chance? Move some of your stuff bit by bit ?

It was done in two trips. I was happy to throw the mattress on the floor and sleep there. I couldn't be arsed to assemble the bed. 

(29-01-2023, 07:34 PM)nothing Wrote: One of the most stressful things you can do, apparently.
It is

Too right, I'd do the same tbh ! 
Happy New Home 😊

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 30-01-2023

(30-01-2023, 10:40 AM)Barna77 Wrote: It was done in two trips
Good work!

My last move was about two trips a day for two weeks 🤣

That said, I'm never moving again so it was worth it

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Wichita Lineman - 30-01-2023

My grandparents said things my parents wouldnt, but then they say things I wouldnt and for sure I say things my kids wouldnt. Generations are different and no one is perfect.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 30-01-2023

(30-01-2023, 05:00 PM)Wichita Lineman Wrote: My grandparents said things my parents wouldnt, but then they say things I wouldnt and for sure I say things my kids wouldnt. Generations are different and no one is perfect.
Mammy's been gone awhile now, but I can still recall one particular phrase  she would use quite often,   one that I would never say in my worst moment.... I think mammy must've been a sailor in another life.  Rolleyes

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 31-01-2023

Anyone want a Just Eat €6 voucher needs using today

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 03-02-2023

Katie Taylor getting her Irish fight but not at Croke Park, 3 Arena Dublin it seems, Croke Park more expensive than Wembley, I'm sure a sell out fast be great to see her fight live

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 03-02-2023

(03-02-2023, 01:56 AM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Katie Taylor getting her Irish fight but not at Croke Park, 3 Arena Dublin it seems, Croke Park more expensive than Wembley, I'm sure a sell out fast be great to see her fight live

Hearn wants the GAA to pay for policing the event which is absolutely ridiculous, at 60 euros a ticket minimum for 80k the gate alone would make 4.8 million, that's before TV rights etc so don't heed what that clown says, he won't pay so Katie sadly won't get Croker.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 03-02-2023

I'm not familiar but is security not included in the venue price at least that is what I thought, her fighting at Croke Park would sell out

Beyonce was rumoured for Croke Park but now no Irish date

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 03-02-2023

(12-01-2023, 12:59 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(12-01-2023, 09:52 AM)Barna77 Wrote: I've seen some Christmas decorations still up.

Disgraceful behaviour

I'm removing a few baubles from the tree every few days. plan to have all the decorations down by mid feb.

Just a quick update for Barna,

The tree is now completely de-baubled. I've started removing the tinsel now.

Should be finished that early next week, and then I can start on removing the ferry lights.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 03-02-2023

(03-02-2023, 04:28 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: I'm not familiar but is security not included in the venue price at least that is what I thought, her fighting at Croke Park would sell out

Beyonce was rumoured for Croke Park but now no Irish date

No, it's purely venue hire. Same for any concerts that take place they organise their own security.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 07-02-2023

Is anyone else having issues with the site this evening, or is it just my Internet connection???

Keeps lagging, & when I try post my message, it doesn't always send through & brings me back to a clear message box to start over again  Dodgy

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 08-02-2023

Not noticed anything here @Spears

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 08-02-2023

(08-02-2023, 02:11 AM)E.N. Wrote: Not noticed anything here @Spears
Thanks a lot E.N, it must have been just my connection so.. Undecided

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 12-02-2023

[Image: BoKGWYJ.png]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 12-02-2023

I love watching the ads

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ShaneU - 12-02-2023

I'd sooner watch a Superb Owl

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 12-02-2023

(12-02-2023, 07:52 PM)nothing Wrote: I love watching the ads

Me Too

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 13-02-2023

Ah lads I was peeling onions I swear... Absolute wreck after watching the video too

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 14-02-2023

Happy Valentine's Day to all my lovely Valentine's! You know who you are!! 

[Image: flying-kiss-blow-kiss.gif]

And @nothing

[Image: really-suspicious.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 14-02-2023

* nothing scoffs all the chocolates

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 14-02-2023

[Image: 239546-Screw-Valentines-Day-I-Want-The-D...-Candy.jpg]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 14-02-2023

[Image: c7d57d723a879cb9d4eeb19b8248d152--funny-...es-day.jpg]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 14-02-2023

Happy Love Day

[Image: QDCaU9v.png]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 15-02-2023

[Image: valentines-gift-cat.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 16-02-2023

(14-02-2023, 06:58 AM)DejaBoo Wrote: [Image: 239546-Screw-Valentines-Day-I-Want-The-D...-Candy.jpg]

Just saw these on sale in MnS and was tempted! 🤣🐑

[Image: 599309011_1_640x640.jpg?identifier=97a02...334eb02879]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 16-02-2023

I saw ari's post and thought "perfect prize for a sheep"

Then remembered Reberetta used to offer prizes on boards. I presume we lost them in the move? Did anyone ever find out the family connection? I had my suspicion, and that person is here, so....

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 17-02-2023

(16-02-2023, 10:59 PM)E.N. Wrote: I saw ari's post and thought "perfect prize for a sheep"

Then remembered Reberetta used to offer prizes on boards. I presume we lost them in the move? Did anyone ever find out the family connection? I had my suspicion, and that person is here, so....

This is so before my FoG knowledge 😁 Glad I reminded you of the pre nuBoards fun times 😁

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - BuileBeag - 17-02-2023

(16-02-2023, 10:59 PM)E.N. Wrote: I saw ari's post and thought "perfect prize for a sheep"

Dave right?/

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 17-02-2023

The family connection was that Mam was his mam 🤣

*May or may not be true

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 17-02-2023

(17-02-2023, 01:50 PM)Necro Wrote: The family connection was that Mam was his mam 🤣

*May or may not be true

I'm neither confirming nor denying anything 🤔🤫🤭🤣

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 18-02-2023

Don't you just hate meeting relatives who think they are superior to you, bees knees, all their shit together, living super duper full thrilling lives etc., who just do not stop talking

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 18-02-2023

(18-02-2023, 02:13 AM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Don't you just hate meeting relatives who think they are superior to you, bees knees, all their shit together, living super duper full thrilling lives etc., who just do not stop talking
I think most who act as if they're superior are actually deeply insecure. People who really have their shit together don't need to tell anyone about it, they're content within themselves and usually quite humble

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 18-02-2023

[Image: esj01gK.png]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 20-02-2023

RIP Nicola Bulley, at least some comfort for her family in her body being found but the police, media and dive search team have questions to answer

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 20-02-2023

(20-02-2023, 09:36 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: RIP Nicola Bulley, at least some comfort for her family in her body being found but the police, media and dive search team have questions to answer

Do they? I think people always look to point the finger at someone nowadays when sometimes it's just a tragedy and (assuming no foul play which doesn't seem to be indicated anywhere) sometimes that's exactly what it is and nothing else.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 20-02-2023

(20-02-2023, 10:09 PM)Necro Wrote:
(20-02-2023, 09:36 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: RIP Nicola Bulley, at least some comfort for her family in her body being found but the police, media and dive search team have questions to answer

Do they? I think people always look to point the finger at someone nowadays when sometimes it's just a tragedy and (assuming no foul play which doesn't seem to be indicated anywhere) sometimes that's exactly what it is and nothing else.

I do think just a tragedy but some details that came out were not needed plus how well was the search when they were saying she was not in the river 

Imagine her kids being able to read all this, I feel for them

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 20-02-2023

(20-02-2023, 10:46 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote:
(20-02-2023, 10:09 PM)Necro Wrote: Do they? I think people always look to point the finger at someone nowadays when sometimes it's just a tragedy and (assuming no foul play which doesn't seem to be indicated anywhere) sometimes that's exactly what it is and nothing else.

I do think just a tragedy but some details that came out were not needed plus how well was the search when they were saying she was not in the river 

Imagine her kids being able to read all this, I feel for them

All that stuff has nothing to do with the police or the dive search team.
The personal information had to be released otherwise The Sun and Daily Mail were going to sensationalise it.
Random loopers making claims about decoy phones and her 100% not being in the river have more to answer for than the authorities.