A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - lorcand1990 - 21-01-2023

(21-01-2023, 06:22 PM)DejaBoo Wrote:
(21-01-2023, 11:52 AM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Did you watch along for any of it?? Would you consider giving it a go!?
Is it over already?

No, I am technologically impaired lorcand. I couldn't make the offsite  discord thing work, or rather I couldn't get my email to work for signing up, so no I didn't watch any of it... Think I tried following a cooking one here a few years ago, but couldn't make sense of it.
Ah ok no worries,  yeah it's hard to pick up unless you're playing but once you get the concept it gets easier!

Yeah we finished up Friday night

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - lorcand1990 - 21-01-2023

(21-01-2023, 07:02 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote:
(21-01-2023, 03:46 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Haha were you good or bad? What was the weapon?

I was trying to convince them I wasn't the wolf and got into an argument with someone  Smile
This pretty much sums up werewolf, we should put it on a plaque!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Kol - 21-01-2023

(21-01-2023, 07:02 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote:
(21-01-2023, 03:46 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Haha were you good or bad? What was the weapon?

Good I think, I can't remember think it was a lazer weapon or something. I think it was the mario and sonic game I took part in, I was trying to convince them I wasn't the wolf and got into an argument with someone  Smile

I modded the Mario vs Sonic game over on the other site with Baggly and Kitten K, that must be 3 or 4 years ago. Cant remember any lazers, wonder was it that game?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 21-01-2023

(21-01-2023, 03:46 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote:
(21-01-2023, 02:51 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: I played it once and well I never wanted to try again, was booted out early on and all, I had a secret weapon my team wanted me to use that I was unaware of hahahahahaha  Smile .
Haha were you good or bad? What was the weapon?

Was it a robotic killing cat  Big Grin Tongue

(21-01-2023, 08:09 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote:

Was it a robotic killing cat  Big Grin Tongue
Oh now there's an idea for a werewolf game.. everyone gets a power based on their profile/playstyle/something about them we know

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 21-01-2023

(21-01-2023, 07:44 PM)Kol Wrote:
(21-01-2023, 07:02 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: Good I think, I can't remember think it was a lazer weapon or something. I think it was the mario and sonic game I took part in, I was trying to convince them I wasn't the wolf and got into an argument with someone  Smile

I modded the Mario vs Sonic game over on the other site with Baggly and Kitten K, that must be 3 or 4 years ago. Cant remember any lazers, wonder was it that game?

seph played mario vs sonic and was a wolf.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 21-01-2023

(21-01-2023, 08:11 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote:
(21-01-2023, 08:09 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Was it a robotic killing cat  Big Grin Tongue
Oh now there's an idea for a werewolf game.. everyone gets a power based on their profile/playstyle/something about them we know

Oooh that would be such fun! Unless I got no power... 😂

(21-01-2023, 09:26 PM)nothing Wrote:
(21-01-2023, 08:11 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Oh now there's an idea for a werewolf game.. everyone gets a power based on their profile/playstyle/something about them we know

Oooh that would be such fun! Unless I got no power... 😂
You get to give someone tainted Chinese takeaway that poisons and kills them within 2 days

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 21-01-2023

(21-01-2023, 09:36 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote:
(21-01-2023, 09:26 PM)nothing Wrote: Oooh that would be such fun! Unless I got no power... 😂
You get to give someone tainted Chinese takeaway that poisons and kills them within 2 days

Haha love it!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 21-01-2023

(21-01-2023, 08:11 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote:
(21-01-2023, 08:09 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Was it a robotic killing cat  Big Grin Tongue

I'd get confusion brain fog fluff

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 21-01-2023

I'd get the ability to convince people I'm suspect by making confusing panicked posts 🤣

(21-01-2023, 10:17 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote:
(21-01-2023, 08:11 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Oh now there's an idea for a werewolf game.. everyone gets a power based on their profile/playstyle/something about them we know

I'd get confusion brain fog fluff
If you accuse every player of being a wolf on day 1 you get to chose whether to be a wolf of villager

I should probably stop giving away my ideas!

(21-01-2023, 10:21 PM)ari101 Wrote: I'd get the ability to convince people I'm suspect by making confusing panicked posts 🤣
That could be used for quite a few of us  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Kol - 21-01-2023

As long as no one wins shields they should be grand!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 22-01-2023

Happy Lunar New Year every buddy 

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 22-01-2023

I'd get the ability to have people believe Leggy Logic. Big Grin

@DejaBoo, the game was played here if you want to read it, then try to get into Discord for some context.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 22-01-2023

Chinese Food for All, Rabbit Curry  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - lorcand1990 - 23-01-2023

(22-01-2023, 12:22 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I'd get the ability to have people believe Leggy Logic. Big Grin

@DejaBoo, the game was played here if you want to read it, then try to get into Discord for some context.
You get told everyone else's power/prize, however the information you get is wrong  Tongue

That, or if you can go the whole game without calling me a wolf, you win

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 24-01-2023

I think the Government will finally have to do something, cap the amount in, better checks and vetting as more protests will happen now brawling in City West

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 25-01-2023

Have book club on Thursday and I've only read 1 chapter and the mild panic is really stopping me reading!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 25-01-2023

(25-01-2023, 12:02 AM)nothing Wrote: Have book club on Thursday and I've only read 1 chapter and the mild panic is really stopping me reading!

What's the book, it may have a film adaption if you wanna cheat

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 25-01-2023

(25-01-2023, 03:49 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote:
(25-01-2023, 12:02 AM)nothing Wrote: Have book club on Thursday and I've only read 1 chapter and the mild panic is really stopping me reading!

What's the book, it may have a film adaption if you wanna cheat

It's Nova by Samuel Delaney. If I can get half way I'll be happy!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 26-01-2023

So, time to unload here, I think...

My dad's staying, and I've just fecking unloaded on him. He's gone to bed in tears

So... I've been in therapy for the last six months. I've been meaning to do it for ages, a decade maybe. I thought I had depression, now I'm not so sure. I have a lot of issues anyway

Actually pulling my fecking finger out and doing it was thanks to a few people, including someone here who talks about counselling a bit and completely normalises it. I don't think it's right to tag you but I'm sure you'll know reading this who I mean, and I thank you from the bottom of my soul

It's been overwhelmingly positive, and I'd encourage anyone who thinks they'd benefit from therapy to not be the scared wuss that I was. That said, it's been fucking hard. There's been walls in my brain that I've had to knock down, and some of those have turned out to be fucking dams. I still don't know where I'm going with it but I'm a better person, a better husband and a better dad as a result of the journey so far

Obviously a lot of those issues have been my dad (because I'm a boringly predictable cliche Tongue) and we've just discussed a few... I feel bad, but it needed doing. He's sexist, and he doesn't treat my wife right and I don't like the odd little thing he says to my daughter (he loves her, but makes the odd comment about being ladylike etc, which I hate). That's not it, but that's what bothers me the most

Anyway, we'll see what tomorrow brings. For now I'm sitting up by myself, drinking good whiskey and listening to some truly visceral music. I can't say who, don't want to spoil the surprise for Soapy Tongue

That's my unload. I'd been wanting to say it here for a while. I don't expect any sort of response but I do view this place as a real safe space (thanks again to Necro, Trigs, Neo and Tusk, miss you Tusk)

If you're reading this, you're part of a group of good people. You're a good person. I love you guys as much as one can love a group of anonymous online freaks Tongue

Read, reread, reread, yeah, go on, post

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 26-01-2023

Damn that sounds tough EN, but also well done on taking so many steps towards healing!

Counselling can be exhausting, confronting, and definitely hard work, fair play to you. It can be quite the journey, and so worthwhile when you're sitting across from a counsellor who's style resonates with you.

Sounds like your dad needed those home truths, and hopefully he takes them to heart and is more conscious of his words going forward. Do keep in mind that he may not change his behaviour overnight, but that you no longer need to tolerate it - firm and calm reminders or shutting him down when it does happen in future, as well as very clear boundaries *might* help you to manage it. I'm sure you don't need that advice, so feel free to disregard!

I don't imagine I'll ever get to have such a talk with my mother (I'm also a walking cliche 😂) but I have found that I'm braver with calling things out with friends, but also with letting things go, and working out which is worth a chat.

I start online group therapy at end of Feb/start of March, so I'm hoping to learn a few more healthy coping mechanisms, and work on my general discomfort and lack of confidence within group settings. I'm both dreading it and looking forward to repairing a few more long broken pieces.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 26-01-2023

Yes plus one for therapy and for the Foggy space! 😍 I learned along the way maybe not trying to fix all the broken things is also an option - there are some misunderstandings I now understand and I choose to move on from rather than try repair the damage, but I don't have kids exposed to repeat behavior etc so that's a whole other story. I'm focused on coping better in the day to day when stuff from my past triggers me - our parents generally have a lot to answer for, many they did there best I suppose 😅🙈🤣
So glad you are feeling supported about making changes in your life 🤗

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - lorcand1990 - 26-01-2023

That sounds really tough EN but we'll done for taking action

I dont talk about this too much but since we're unloading I had to confront my dad about some pretty serious issues, god it's probably going back 8 years now I did it, so I was quite young at the time. Was one of the hardest things I ever had to do but I don't regret it for a second. It kinda sounds similar to your problems, that's why I'm bringing it up now

It made things quite difficult for us for a little while but he worked through things he needed to and now we're probably in a better place than we were before, we would've generally had a good relationship before that but i had never really called him out like that before. As Nothing said it may not be an overnight fix, but hopefully in the long run you'll see the benefits. My dad has said on many times he was glad I stepped in when I did cause he was in a bad place at the time and needed the proverbial kick in the ass (family issues, ya know yourself!)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 26-01-2023

That's tough, there's some dust in my eyes so early in the morning  Tongue

Yes, therapy can be a tough path. I've done it for years after I came to Ireland. I has helped me a lot. I laughed and cried like a baby. It's something that not many people around me Know about. 
I stopped when the pandemic started and haven't gone back. I'm in better shape (mentally speaking, physically is another story Rolleyes). However, I think no amount of therapy can deal with the root of my issues. 

Thanks for sharing that @E.N. 
There goes a virtual bear hug / high five / hat off
(pms always open)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 26-01-2023

Thanks guys, really nice to read all those replies this morning

My dad isn't up yet, today might be awkward Tongue

...then I've got to talk to my mum! Been trying for months but she's not a great listener. She's easier though, she's a good person and I love her, but she's so riddled with anxieties herself that I find her company stressful and we always clash. I've got so much better at that though, that's probably the best thing to have to come from therapy so far

Then I've got to work on my own issues 🤣

Anyway, I'm in a good place, just in case it didn't seem like it. I'm glad I posted here though. As I said, people taking about counselling and normalising it was a massive help for me taking the first step, so I want to be that person now

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 26-01-2023

@E.N. , good on you and continued progress with the counselling .

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - aaronjennings - 26-01-2023

It's great to hear about so many positive experiences with therapy

I've never been myself but I have been tempted to go on occasion. I was bullied when I was in school and in some ways I am still affected by it to this day

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 26-01-2023

Fair play @E.N., you were inspire me to put the past to bed rather than keep it compartmentalised in my head.

Families eh?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 26-01-2023

Good on @E.N. no one knows what anyone goes through so take care, it can be easier to talk to a stranger or even off load here

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 26-01-2023

(26-01-2023, 06:43 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Fair play @E.N., you were inspire me to put the past to bed rather than keep it compartmentalised in my head.

Families eh?

I know I'm older than you, but I think our generation was the -ssh , don't talk about it,sweep it under the carpet - era .  Many of us, me included, became quite adept at putting things into boxes and shoving them into the corner of our brains. Out of sight, out of mind... except that doesn't really work.

Most people think it's just their own family that have issues, truth be known, it's more common than we think. Except most don't admit it. 

Hugs 🤗🤗

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 26-01-2023

(26-01-2023, 07:18 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote:
(26-01-2023, 06:43 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Fair play @E.N., you were inspire me to put the past to bed rather than keep it compartmentalised in my head.

Families eh?

I know I'm older than you, but I think our generation was the -ssh , don't talk about it,sweep it under the carpet - era .  Many of us, me included, became quite adept at putting things into boxes and shoving them into the corner of our brains. Out of sight, out of mind... except that doesn't really work.

Most people think it's just their own family that have issues, truth be known, it's more common than we think. Except most don't admit it. 

Hugs 🤗🤗
We're all aware of "things" going on in other families, yet we still try to pretend our own are perfectly happy and well adjusted, it becomes a viscous circle, especially if things are justified by comparing to others.

(26-01-2023, 07:53 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(26-01-2023, 07:18 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: I know I'm older than you, but I think our generation was the -ssh , don't talk about it,sweep it under the carpet - era .  Many of us, me included, became quite adept at putting things into boxes and shoving them into the corner of our brains. Out of sight, out of mind... except that doesn't really work.

Hugs 🤗🤗
We're all aware of "things" going on in other families, yet we still try to pretend our own are perfectly happy and well adjusted, it becomes a viscous circle, especially if things are justified by comparing to others.

Get ta feck , anyone ever asked me I'd answer it's dysfunctional or fragmented but at it's core there is love there - (Just might be hidden extremely deep.)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 26-01-2023

[Image: JPOdOjt.png]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 26-01-2023

Well done @E.N. on posting about your experience and opening yourself up to therapy. It can be a painful road but the rewards are often immense.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 26-01-2023

I'm pretty honest about my family dysfunction these days, it's part of life - I think lots of people don't know how to react to the honesty though, we are a national of 'sure it's grand' people, so they get a shock when you are matter of fact about something not so good. Doesn't mean I don't love my family but I see the warts fairly objectively and I can be upfront about them.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 26-01-2023

There's no such thing as the perfect family because there is no such thing as the perfect person. It still amazes me how so many people feel shame when describing their family and assuming others are 'right'. But that happens with all aspects of the self. "I'm x and y why can't I be like that person there who is 'normal". Not realising that normal is a myth and we all have stuff.

Mind you there are always the extremes. Mam and dad having weird quirks and rules isn't dysfunctional. Mam and dad abusing their children is.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 29-01-2023

Moving is no fun