A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 10-01-2023

(10-01-2023, 08:25 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Did anyone buy Prince Harry's book or do we all know enough already

One bookshop had a sense of humour...

[Image: image.png]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 10-01-2023

(10-01-2023, 08:25 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Did anyone buy Prince Harry's book or do we all know enough already
If it was edited by her Majesty the Megan, then yes we know more than enough.

He prolly has a whole 'nother volume to fill after the divorce (that book might be worth reading).

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 10-01-2023

Nah not terribly interested in all that kerfuffle tbh. Amazing that in the midst of nationwide strikes and an NHS crisis that nearly puts the HSE to shame, it's wall to wall coverage of Harry and Meghan VS the rest, such a handy distraction for the Tories.

The only thing I can really understand is Harry's visceral hatred for the gutter press in the UK, they literally hounded his mother into her grave. The rest is not remotely interesting to me.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 11-01-2023

(10-01-2023, 09:44 PM)Necro Wrote:

Nah not terribly interested in all that kerfuffle tbh. Amazing that in the midst of nationwide strikes and an NHS crisis that nearly puts the HSE to shame, it's wall to wall coverage of Harry and Meghan VS the rest, such a handy distraction for the Tories.

The only thing I can really understand is Harry's visceral hatred for the gutter press in the UK, they literally hounded his mother into her grave. The rest is not remotely interesting to me.
Henri Paul who was the driver of Diana's car that night was speeding and over the limit. While the press did zone in on Diana she was also well able to use them when it suited her. The victim narrative makes me roll my eyes.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Butty Brennan - 11-01-2023

I can kid myself no longer, Christmas is really over!
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fc.tenor.com%2FXKMrMmFH9...ipo=images]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 11-01-2023

(11-01-2023, 03:22 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Henri Paul who was the driver of Diana's car that night was speeding and over the limit. While the press did zone in on Diana she was also well able to use them when it suited her. The victim narrative makes me roll my eyes.
This same victim narrative fuels Megan.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 11-01-2023

(11-01-2023, 10:52 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote: I can kid myself no longer, Christmas is really over!
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fc.tenor.com%2FXKMrMmFH9...ipo=images]
[Image: giphy.gif] 
There, there Butty, we will get through this together.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Barna77 - 12-01-2023

(11-01-2023, 10:52 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote: I can kid myself no longer, Christmas is really over!
I've seen some Christmas decorations still up.

Disgraceful behaviour

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 12-01-2023

(12-01-2023, 09:52 AM)Barna77 Wrote:
I've seen some Christmas decorations still up.

Disgraceful behaviour

I'm removing a few baubles from the tree every few days. plan to have all the decorations down by mid feb.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 12-01-2023

(11-01-2023, 10:58 PM)DejaBoo Wrote:
(11-01-2023, 03:22 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Henri Paul who was the driver of Diana's car that night was speeding and over the limit. While the press did zone in on Diana she was also well able to use them when it suited her. The victim narrative makes me roll my eyes.
This same victim narrative fuels Megan.
I think Diana and her have many similarities.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 12-01-2023

(12-01-2023, 08:23 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(11-01-2023, 10:58 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: This same victim narrative fuels Megan.
I think Diana and her have many similarities.
Maybe, but Diana had a selfless side,  her AIDS and landmine work for 2 examples. Megan shows no sincere similarities in that regard.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 12-01-2023

(12-01-2023, 09:21 PM)DejaBoo Wrote:
(12-01-2023, 08:23 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: I think Diana and her have many similarities.
Maybe, but Diana had a selfless side,  her AIDS and landmine work for 2 examples. Megan shows no sincere similarities in that regard.
I'm not sure about that.
Kindness and giving can on the surface appear to be selfless. However there are those who use it to fill a need in themselves, boost their self worth, feel needed, receive praise. etc.

Meghan appears to care about humanity and makes attempts at supporting and advocating for particular groups. Just like Diana she strikes me as warm and open. 

The thing about human beings is that we are more than one trait, one characteristic. Being warm doesn't mean we aren't also manipulative and being selfish doesn't mean we are not giving. 

I remember long a go having a lovely and interesting chat with someone. The circumstances were unusual and I did know that he was a convicted murderer. However had I not known that then there was nothing unusual or sinister about the quiet tea making man almost gentle in his ways.

The older I get the more I can see all of a person.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 13-01-2023

(12-01-2023, 09:21 PM)DejaBoo Wrote:
(12-01-2023, 08:23 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: I think Diana and her have many similarities.

I thought Diana humanised the RF made them seem more approachable down to earth if that makes sense, she was the people's princess 

I think Meghan is her own person and won't toe the line, be ordered about plus the British media are really awful to her

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 13-01-2023

I've always felt Megan was more calculating... She has been treated awfully by a lot of people, no doubt, but she had nearly 20 years of life experience on Diana, including being a public figure, when she agreed to join the family. I feel like she would have understood what was going to happen, but it was like she just thought she could use the position to get what she wanted and that was never just about marrying him...
Diana was a kid when she got swept up in the whole thing - yes she was an idealistic, day dreaming idiot about it too, but I feel she was coming from a much more innocent/ unknowing space. I have a lot more time for Diana getting trapped in her childhood fantasy than I do Megan trying to manipulate the world since 'Megxit' 🤔😕

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 13-01-2023

Hearing how Harry was told about his mother's death with no emotion shown to him from either Charles or Willy is sad, a little lad not understanding, those brothers should have been so close

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 13-01-2023

(13-01-2023, 06:26 AM)ari101 Wrote: I've always felt Megan was more calculating... She has been treated awfully by a lot of people, no doubt, but she had nearly 20 years of life experience on Diana, including being a public figure, when she agreed to join the family. I feel like she would have understood what was going to happen, but it was like she just thought she could use the position to get what she wanted and that was never just about marrying him...
Diana was a kid when she got swept up in the whole thing - yes she was an idealistic, day dreaming idiot about it too, but I feel she was coming from a much more innocent/ unknowing space. I have a lot more time for Diana getting trapped in her childhood fantasy than I do Megan trying to manipulate the world since 'Megxit' 🤔😕
Oh yes ari Meghan entered the Royal family as an adult with life experience. Perhaps if Diana had have been in her thirties when she met Charles we wouldn't have any experience of her being idealistic and swept away. She does evoke more sympathy and I can see why. I'm not a fan of hers or Harry or Meghan but I like to try and understand how it must have been, is, for them. Why people are the way they are is my thing, I like to wonder 😊

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 13-01-2023

(13-01-2023, 06:26 AM)ari101 Wrote: I've always felt Megan was more calculating... She has been treated awfully by a lot of people, no doubt, but she had nearly 20 years of life experience on Diana, including being a public figure, when she agreed to join the family. I feel like she would have understood what was going to happen, but it was like she just thought she could use the position to get what she wanted and that was never just about marrying him...

You have good insights Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 14-01-2023

We are watching The Traitors 'celebrity' edition Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 14-01-2023

(09-01-2023, 08:40 PM)Spears Wrote: Chicken on a pizza is disgusting, far too dry.

I think I'd be happier with the pineapple 🤢

Take that back immediately 🤬!

😜

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 14-01-2023

(09-01-2023, 08:40 PM)Spears Wrote: Chicken on a pizza is disgusting, far too dry.

Put some bbq sauce on it (so good!) ....nom nom nom

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 14-01-2023

(14-01-2023, 12:16 AM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: We are watching The Traitors 'celebrity' edition Big Grin

Just watched the first episode. "celebrity" is right, capital Z listers

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 15-01-2023

[Image: 9kyqlkU.png]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 15-01-2023

(14-01-2023, 03:34 AM)DejaBoo Wrote:

Put some bbq sauce on it (so good!) ....nom nom nom

🤮🤮🤮🤮

All the things that have no place near a pizza 🤒

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 16-01-2023

Blue Monday

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 16-01-2023

[Image: Xj77OFu.png]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 16-01-2023

Feels like an echo chamber with everyone else werewolfing.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 16-01-2023

It's effing chilly out there, back wearing mask for keeping my face warm!

I've a blue red nose

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - aaronjennings - 16-01-2023

I love going for a walk in the cold... am I crazy? Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 16-01-2023

(16-01-2023, 08:54 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: I love going for a walk in the cold... am I crazy? Big Grin

Yes.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 16-01-2023

I went for a lunch time walk and it was lovely despite the cold, because it is sunny, dry and not too windy!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 16-01-2023

(16-01-2023, 08:54 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: I love going for a walk in the cold... am I crazy? Big Grin

Cold I can deal with, rain and wind can piss right off though. Doing this Healthy Steps challenge for the GAA club at the moment and there hasn't been a single feckin day it hasn't been raining so far, it's really frustrating!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 18-01-2023

Oooh snow! Bit more and the bus might get cancelled and I can skip my appointment tomorrow!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 18-01-2023

a very light skim here too.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - lorcand1990 - 21-01-2023

(16-01-2023, 07:22 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: Feels like an echo chamber with  everyone else werewolfing.
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b8yyt0jjgcq5zkht8o8...y.gif&ct=g]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - lorcand1990 - 21-01-2023

(16-01-2023, 07:22 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: Feels like an echo chamber with  everyone else werewolfing.
Did you watch along for any of it?? Would you consider giving it a go!?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 21-01-2023

(21-01-2023, 11:52 AM)lorcand1990 Wrote:

I played it once and well I never wanted to try again, was booted out early on and all, I had a secret weapon my team wanted me to use that I was unaware of hahahahahaha  Smile .

(21-01-2023, 02:51 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote:
(21-01-2023, 11:52 AM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Did you watch along for any of it?? Would you consider giving it a go!?

I played it once and well I never wanted to try again, was booted out early on and all, I had a secret weapon my team wanted me to use that I was unaware of hahahahahaha  Smile .
Haha were you good or bad? What was the weapon?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 21-01-2023

(21-01-2023, 11:52 AM)lorcand1990 Wrote:
Is it over already?

No, I am technologically impaired lorcand. I couldn't make the offsite  discord thing work, or rather I couldn't get my email to work for signing up, so no I didn't watch any of it... Think I tried following a cooking one here a few years ago, but couldn't make sense of it.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 21-01-2023

(21-01-2023, 03:46 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote:
(21-01-2023, 02:51 PM)Sephiroth_Dude Wrote: I played it once and well I never wanted to try again, was booted out early on and all, I had a secret weapon my team wanted me to use that I was unaware of hahahahahaha  Smile .
Haha were you good or bad? What was the weapon?

Good I think, I can't remember think it was a lazer weapon or something. I think it was the mario and sonic game I took part in, I was trying to convince them I wasn't the wolf and got into an argument with someone  Smile