A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 06-08-2021

(06-08-2021, 07:05 PM)Spears Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 06:56 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Are we talking about food?

we sure are. 

I'll be having leftovers tomorrow. I have a few extra spuds peeled that will be made into roasties. and by roasties I mean, small roasted potato cubes because normal roasties are disgusting  Confused

Define "normal roasties" before I start throwing shade pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 06-08-2021

(06-08-2021, 07:06 PM)nothing Wrote: Define "normal roasties" before I start throwing shade pac

Idk, the big ones that are dry and floury on the outside and horrible texture on the inside. the same texture as baked potato. as in, not fluffy but dry and horrible  Sad

nothing like my herby 'roasties' that are small crispy and fluffy on the inside  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 06-08-2021

The air fryer is your best friend for roasties.. lovely and fluffy on the inside with an amazing crisp on the outside

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Ectoplasm - 06-08-2021

I've a roast chicken in the oven which is sending delicious smells through the house. Roast chicken, veggies and baked potato tonight, chicken curry from scratch tomorrow Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 06-08-2021

(06-08-2021, 07:12 PM)Spears Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 07:06 PM)nothing Wrote: Define "normal roasties" before I start throwing shade pac

Idk, the big ones that are dry and floury on the outside and horrible texture on the inside. the same texture as baked potato. as in, not fluffy but dry and horrible  Sad

nothing like my herby 'roasties' that are small crispy and fluffy on the inside  Big Grin

Those ones are awful alright!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 06-08-2021

I can't cook for shit.

(06-08-2021, 07:21 PM)quickbeam Wrote: I can't cook for shit.

That's what pre made meals, takeaways and partners/mammies are for pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 06-08-2021

Me neither. The pair of us here just about survive. One is better than the other though and it definitely isn't me  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 06-08-2021

(06-08-2021, 07:15 PM)Ectoplasm Wrote: I've a roast chicken in the oven which is sending delicious smells through the house. chicken curry from scratch tomorrow Big Grin,

I like your style  Cool

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 06-08-2021

Last year we went to Kerry for a few nights and had the most amazing dinner in a pub. It was turkey and ham and all the bits and it was just gorgeous. The hotel we stayed in was fancy pants and that dinner was way nicer than their food.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Ectoplasm - 06-08-2021

I love to cook but I'm a lazy cook a lot of the time.
I'm with @Spears on the leftovers and not cooking every day!

Big Grin  Big Grin

I don't really enjoy cooking, and I fuggin hate dishes* but I like food so I've made the effort to figure out how to cook. can't imagine not knowing how to cook, must be so frustrating.

*sometimes I'll order takeout even if the fridge is full because I can't be dealing with the bloody dishes Rolleyes

(06-08-2021, 07:15 PM)Ectoplasm Wrote: I've a roast chicken in the oven which is sending delicious smells through the house. Roast chicken, veggies and baked potato tonight, chicken curry from scratch tomorrow Big Grin

Nice to see you here Ecto  Smile

Persepoly.

(06-08-2021, 07:31 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Last year we went to Kerry for a few nights and had the most amazing dinner in a pub. It was turkey and ham and all the bits and it was just gorgeous. The hotel we stayed in was fancy pants and that dinner was way nicer than their food.

I actually don't like fancy food and I don't cook anything too 'chefy'. 

give me a mid week dinner of comfort food and I'm a happy camper. 

but a michelin type meal with one mini carrot sliced lengtways in two, with three dots of 'sauce'....... dafuq outta here!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 06-08-2021

(06-08-2021, 07:05 PM)Spears Wrote: normal roasties are disgusting  Confused

[Image: wtf-david.gif]

Sounds to me like you don't know how to make proper roasties Wink

They're the most integral part of a roast dinner!

(06-08-2021, 07:44 PM)E.N. Wrote: Sounds to me like you don't know how to make proper roasties Wink

They're the most integral part of a roast dinner

That would be true, because I've never tried to make them myself.

I've never liked any I have tried so I only ever made smaller ones. I sometimes eat a corner of a roasty but I end up just pushing them to the side

(06-08-2021, 07:34 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 07:15 PM)Ectoplasm Wrote: I've a roast chicken in the oven which is sending delicious smells through the house. Roast chicken, veggies and baked potato tonight, chicken curry from scratch tomorrow Big Grin

Nice to see you here Ecto  Smile

Persepoly.

Aha! Nice to see you too. I thought you seemed familiar Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 06-08-2021

(06-08-2021, 07:49 PM)Spears Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 07:44 PM)E.N. Wrote: Sounds to me like you don't know how to make proper roasties Wink

They're the most integral part of a roast dinner

That would be true, because I've never tried to make them myself.

I've never liked any I have tried so I only ever made smaller ones. I sometimes eat a corner of a roasty but I end up just pushing them to the side

Phew, you just need nice ones!

Rooster potatoes, cut big. Soak for a few hours, pour the water away. Parboil for about 10mins, until just starting to go soft on the edge. Meanwhile, loads of butter in a dish in the oven, with herbs and pepper. Throw the potatoes into that and roll them around well, then roast for about 45mins

Trust me Wink

(06-08-2021, 08:11 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 07:49 PM)Spears Wrote: That would be true, because I've never tried to make them myself.

Phew, you just need nice ones!

Rooster potatoes, cut big. Soak for a few hours, pour the water away. Parboil for about 10mins, until just starting to go soft on the edge. Meanwhile, loads of butter in a dish in the oven, with herbs and pepper. Throw the potatoes into that and roll them around well, then roast for about 45mins

Trust me Wink

Butter?! No, no, no. Duck or goose fat! Also shake parboiled spuds in colander to fluff the edges, and back into the empty pot with a lid to steam dry a bit while the fat heats.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 06-08-2021

I just had toast and cheese for dinner, with a beer

Sometimes the simple things hit the spot. It'll be waffles and eggs here shortly

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 06-08-2021

(06-08-2021, 08:18 PM)quickbeam Wrote: I just had toast and cheese for dinner, with a beer

I'm going to have a takeaway, also with beer. Sometimes it's great not being able to cook.  Cool

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 06-08-2021

(06-08-2021, 08:22 PM)nothing Wrote: Sometimes the simple things hit the spot. It'll be waffles and eggs here shortly

Add in beans!

Oh I went through a waffles and egg phase recently.

I do actually make a mean poached egg in the micorwave to top on toast or waffles

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 06-08-2021

had chicken goujons and curly fries for dinner. was scrumptious

My mission this weekend is to finish the book I'm reading, and to finish watching the last few episodes of Battlestar Galactica.

Oooh I do have beans... I do my waffles in the toaster, fried eggs Smile

(06-08-2021, 08:40 PM)quickbeam Wrote: My mission this weekend is to finish the book I'm reading, and to finish watching the last few episodes of Battlestar Galactica.

What you reading? 

I loved Battlester Galactica. Let me know what you think.

Blood Meridian.

I'm on the last few episodes of Battlestar, so if I've got this far, I definitely like it.

(06-08-2021, 08:16 PM)nothing Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 08:11 PM)E.N. Wrote: Phew, you just need nice ones!

Trust me Wink

Butter?! No, no, no. Duck or goose fat! Also shake parboiled spuds in colander to fluff the edges, and back into the empty pot with a lid to steam dry a bit while the fat heats.

You're dead right about shaking, I forgot to write that!

I can see the duck fat argument, but personally I prefer butter. Both are good though Smile

Don't matter how they're done potatoes are amazing. Though I'd have to go with butter if it was roasties.

I got lazy and had a bowl of shreddies

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 06-08-2021

(06-08-2021, 09:05 PM)nothing Wrote: I got lazy and had a bowl of shreddies

The choice of champions! Love shreddies

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 06-08-2021

Pizza on the way cause I fell asleep with the kid and its now way to late to even think about what's in the fridge

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 06-08-2021

Loving the vibe here a week in. Friendly, no hassle, great engagement from everyone who joined....

I'm also 5 pints in and talking shite so FoG off the lot of ye!

I much prefer it here to boards, I might pass my boards 20 year post count in a few weeks! You lot are awesome

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - RSOAPS - 06-08-2021

Don't get too comfortable around here people...

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: tumblr_opft79TKLX1s2wio8o1_540.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - RSOAPS - 06-08-2021

(06-08-2021, 10:22 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Don't get too comfortable around here people...

[Image: giphy.gif]

Sorry, sorry, was getting a bit confused there, was possibly thinking of a different website, what I actually meant to say was we should probably get settled in here because by the way things are going in the other place...

I need to stop reading here at bed time, between baby shark the other night and this terrible fright tonight! And reading WW at 5am, definitely a bad idea!

Soapy, I demand you join this weekends speed paint to make up for that traumatising post... Wink