A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 23-06-2022

(23-06-2022, 03:57 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: The heat is awful, I know I shouldn't complain because there's a lot of rain to follow.

I got a fan last week, it's small, but very effective!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 23-06-2022

[Image: qOFLc6H.png]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 24-06-2022

The Handmaid's Tale now real in America

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 25-06-2022

Got to play real life board games this morning at the library with some people from the sci fi book club, and we got tea and fancy biscuits Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 25-06-2022

Trump must be happy with the ruling, I think more unsafe illegal procedures back street will happen

I would be pro life myself but I think each individual should have a choice

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 26-06-2022

Top Gun box office top movie, Russia at war, Kate Bush top of the music charts, 80s are back

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 26-06-2022

A few days ago I was complaining about the heat and today it's like I woke up in October. Had torrential rain earlier too. ☔

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 26-06-2022

(25-06-2022, 05:12 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Trump must be happy with the ruling, I think more unsafe illegal procedures back street will happen

I would be pro life myself but I think each individual should have a choice
It's a very disappointing but not unexpected ruling given the current mess that is the US. I too believe in freedom of choice over our bodies. I do a bit of work offering support to women during a crises pregnancy and also post termination. The procedure is no joke particularly the higher the gestation.
The anguish that some of the women experience is truly terrible, the what ifs, the fear, the unnecessary feelings of guilt and shame. 

Afterwards some women do have regret and it can eat them up if they don't find a way to make a sort of peace with their decision.

I've spoken with women who have had multiple abortions but I can count them on one hand and it wasn't due to using it as contraception. It's likely that some women do use abortions as a form of contraception given the complicated nature of humans but I don't feel that's a reason to not allow women to access abortions.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 26-06-2022

(26-06-2022, 05:29 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: A few days ago I was complaining about the heat and today it's like I woke up in October. Had torrential rain earlier too. ☔

I'm roasting Leg. I'm usually a cawld enough craythur but today I'm a sweat box.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 26-06-2022

(26-06-2022, 05:29 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: A few days ago I was complaining about the heat and today it's like I woke up in October. Had torrential rain earlier too. ☔

I was out on the golf course when this hit, 50+ kmph winds too, made for a fun round 😄

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 27-06-2022

GAA fight club at Croke Park 

[Image: 90mRrHJ.png]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Butty Brennan - 27-06-2022

(27-06-2022, 01:00 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: GAA fight club at Croke Park 

[Image: 90mRrHJ.png]
The guard  is like 'nope, nothing to see here' Rolleyes

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 02-07-2022

My tv has gone kaput . .have sound , no picture..
No harm, I might actually do some work around the house tomorrow 😁

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 02-07-2022

(02-07-2022, 08:26 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: My tv has gone kaput . .have sound , no picture..
Look at it as gaining a radio rather than losing a TV. 😂

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 02-07-2022

(02-07-2022, 08:37 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 08:26 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: My tv has gone kaput . .have sound , no picture..
Look at it as gaining a radio rather than losing a TV. 😂

Lol , currently sitting in silence as I left the stereo in daughters house during the week 🙈 Still have the tablet though , netflix is on that but 
I'm fcuked if I'm going to bed this early 😂

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 03-07-2022

Sorry to hear about the break up @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Neowise - 03-07-2022

try pulling the plug out of the wall, leave for 30 minutes. then plug it back in and see if any difference.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 03-07-2022

(03-07-2022, 11:00 AM)Neowise Wrote:

try pulling the plug out of the wall, leave for 30 minutes. then plug  it back in and see if any difference.

Thank you, will try that 🙂

On the plus side , I collected the stereo!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 03-07-2022

Tra la la la la. What will I do with myself. Television? Film? Bed? 🤔 I'm all alone you see. I've forgotten how to do it and I used to be so good at it!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Kol - 03-07-2022

(03-07-2022, 09:14 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Tra la la la la. What will I do with myself. Television? Film? Bed? 🤔 I'm all alone you see. I've forgotten how to do it and I used to be so good at it!

Watch a film in bed on the television.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 03-07-2022

Is Bill Murray the lucky charm of Limerick

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 03-07-2022

(03-07-2022, 09:28 PM)Kol Wrote:
(03-07-2022, 09:14 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Tra la la la la. What will I do with myself. Television? Film? Bed? 🤔 I'm all alone you see. I've forgotten how to do it and I used to be so good at it!

Watch a film in bed on the television.
I don't have a television in the bedroom but I do have a laptop 😁

Hey guess what chocolate has it's very own shop over here??

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 03-07-2022

(03-07-2022, 09:49 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(03-07-2022, 09:28 PM)Kol Wrote: Watch a film in bed on the television.
I don't have a television in the bedroom but I do have a laptop 😁

Hey guess what chocolate has it's very own shop over here??

Where are you @Kol

Lindt?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 04-07-2022

I want to go to Avoca but I don't want to get ready or drive. What I really want is to snap my fingers and be there! Just go 'snap' and be sitting with a big slice of cake in front of me and thousands of euro in my pocket 😁

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 04-07-2022

My friend brought me a piece of cake!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 04-07-2022

(04-07-2022, 04:31 PM)nothing Wrote: My friend brought me a piece of cake!
👀👀👀👀 Cake.

What sort of cake? 😋

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 04-07-2022

(04-07-2022, 06:08 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(04-07-2022, 04:31 PM)nothing Wrote: My friend brought me a piece of cake!
👀👀👀👀 Cake.

What sort of cake? 😋

A slice of lemon loaf. It was lovely. Also stocked up on chocolate while I was out

(04-07-2022, 07:00 PM)nothing Wrote:
(04-07-2022, 06:08 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: 👀👀👀👀 Cake.

What sort of cake? 😋

A slice of lemon loaf. It was lovely. Also stocked up on chocolate while I was out
Load always sounds far more substantial than cake 😁 I have an atrocious sweet tooth so tend not to buy anything too nice because I can't have 'just one'.  But I do like having a since of cake and a coffee on a Monday and I did buy lovely Lindt chocolate on Saturday 😋 
I've been off work with 'my nerves' so all the more reason to be good to me 😆

Lol I'm permanently off work with "my nerves" pac

My friend sent me a great thing yesterday -
Quote: Never feel bad about eating unhealthy things like cheesecake. Use the science of relativity. Cheesecake is healthier than crystal meth. Take another slice and be thankful.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 04-07-2022

I want cake... well no, I want a big dirty burger and chips with garlic sauce, and a big bag of crisps, and some chili coated peanuts... and maybe a nice apple pastry... oooh and pizza... All these things should just be calorie free Big Grin

I have mastered a relatively healthy but tasty tuna melt (forcing myself to measure and ration the mayo and cheese 🤦‍♀️).
Covid gifted me with a good weightloss week so I am going try keep it going now that I am feeling better - likely lunch plans for Saturday so I'll plan for bold stuff then for something to look forward to 🤣

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 05-07-2022

(04-07-2022, 09:46 PM)ari101 Wrote: I want cake... well no, I want a big dirty burger and chips with garlic sauce, and a big bag of crisps, and some chili coated peanuts... and maybe a nice apple pastry... oooh and pizza... All these things should just be calorie free Big Grin

I have mastered a relatively healthy but tasty tuna melt (forcing myself to measure and ration the mayo and cheese 🤦‍♀️).
Covid gifted me with a good weightloss week so I am going try keep it going now that I am feeling better - likely lunch plans for Saturday so I'll plan for bold stuff then for something to look forward to 🤣
Are you me? 😆 Honest to God I'm the exact same. My eyes are bigger than my belly but if I keep going the way I am that saying won't work anymore 😆
Well done on the weight loss though it's a tough road. A little bit can be very motivating 😊

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 05-07-2022

(05-07-2022, 12:23 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Are you me? 😆 Honest to God I'm the exact same. My eyes are bigger than my belly but if I keep going the way I am that saying won't work anymore 😆
Well done on the weight loss though it's a tough road. A little bit can be very motivating 😊

🤣 Neo should be able to vouch there is only one Frostie 😉

Thanks, I find I can work fairly hard at it for months and feel like I'm get nowhere 😐 so seeing some change in the right direction is definitely motivational 🥳
I'm going for a weekend away later this month to visit family so short term goal is to expand my wardrobe choices slightly by losing a couple of more pounds by then 😁
And I have access to a free personal trainer for a session once a week at the moment on a fitness rehab study I'm doing, so that will keep me honest til the end of August 🤞
By then I'm hoping to be in a good routine that I can keep up. I'm trying to get back to my March 2020 pre-pandemic, pre-cancer, pre-hypothyroidism weight and fitness, so its a right old challenge! 😅🤣
I know if I get back there I should be able to maintain it if I stay active and only eat the bold things in moderation 🙂

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 05-07-2022

You've dealt with a hell of a lot already Ari, so best of luck with your health and fitness goal.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 05-07-2022

Browsing fancy handmade catan games, so tempted to do one myself, but the last thing I need is another craft project

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - lorcand1990 - 07-07-2022

Cut the grass at lunch today.. Needed to be done but was seriously sweating afterwards!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 07-07-2022

I nearly want to get into the fridge

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 07-07-2022

[Image: S36C9FW.png]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 11-07-2022

It's cake day!!!!!!! 😁😁

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 11-07-2022

Hooray for cake!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - lorcand1990 - 11-07-2022

(11-07-2022, 01:40 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: It's cake day!!!!!!! 😁😁