A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Trigger - 14-05-2022

Sorry to hear that Liz, mind yourself

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 14-05-2022

I'm very sorry Liz for the loss of your Dad. My condolences to you and your family xx

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 14-05-2022

(13-05-2022, 10:09 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Thank ye all, I not sure how I'm feeling, he passed peacefully comfortably not in pain, it just feels quick from his diagnosis, I do regret not being in the room for the end, I'm going to think of the good times
Sorry to hear, Liz, hope you're doing ok.
Regrets like that are completely natural, you always second guess these things in hindsight, but it's unfounded. I'm sure you were a great source of strength for him

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 14-05-2022

Hugs liz, sorry for your loss.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - lorcand1990 - 15-05-2022

Went to my first GAA match in almost 3 years today so thar was fun! Kildare won so we have the honour of getting destroyed by dublin in 2 weeks time pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 16-05-2022

@jp liz v1 I can very much relate to your feelings of regret. Maybe if it wasn't that particular thing it would be something else, such is the strangeness of grief. Try to keep in mind that you did what you were able to do and your dad knew that you loved him.

The days leading up to Mam's death were weird because she could go at any time and I live in a different county. So the nurses would ring in the early hours to let me know if there was further deterioration. The day before she passed I had told them to not do that and instead ring me when she had passed. I wasn't there with her for her final hours. In my darker moments I feel I failed her in life and in death.

So I need to hold on to what I know with certainty. That I didn't have the capacity to be there. I'm a great one for believing that there are times when we need to show up, need to put our stuff aside and be present. Yet when it came to myself emotionally I just didn't have it in me Liz and that's ok. It has to be. We do what we can x

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Declan A Walsh - 16-05-2022

Sorry to hear about your loss @jp liz v1

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Declan A Walsh - 16-05-2022

(06-05-2022, 05:10 PM)kitten_k Wrote: Is this where all the cool kids hang out?

Just saw your post today. Not usually on this specific thread. Plenty of Forum Games have been going on including a "quickie" this evening.
@kitten_k

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 20-05-2022

Werk werk werk. A bad woman's werk is never done.

It's a rainy day out there. I want to go home and spy on my neighbours. 😆

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 20-05-2022

Yay covid negative but damn cough and throat sore, eyes too, high pollen

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 20-05-2022

(20-05-2022, 12:57 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: .... I want to go home and spy on my neighbours. 😆

One of them is wondering just when you will get back

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 20-05-2022

(20-05-2022, 12:57 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Werk werk werk. A bad woman's werk is never done.

It's a rainy day out there. I want to go home and spy on my neighbours. 😆

Oy I installed that hot tub for me not you!

[Image: two-sync-hot-tub.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 20-05-2022

I joined the neighbourhood watch committee and it's seriously lacking in excitement. I thought it would finally be my chance to live my dream.....DCI Frost Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 22-05-2022

Bloody sleep! Dr Google reckons I have Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome (basically my body clock is a jerk), fitbit sleep data seems to back that up, so going to try some non medication solutions over the next few weeks and if it's not sorted I'll bring it up with gp or the psychiatrist. The excitement.

There's a craft group in my local library on a Monday, been trying to get up and out to it for a good few weeks, hoping tomorrow to finally make it.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 22-05-2022

(22-05-2022, 06:19 PM)nothing Wrote: Bloody sleep! Dr Google reckons I have Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome (basically my body clock is a jerk), fitbit sleep data seems to back that up, so going to try some non medication solutions over the next few weeks and if it's not sorted I'll bring it up with gp or the psychiatrist. The excitement.

There's a craft group in my local library on a Monday, been trying to get up and out to it for a good few weeks, hoping tomorrow to finally make it.
Is it that your natural rthym is to sleep late and wake late?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 22-05-2022

(22-05-2022, 07:00 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(22-05-2022, 06:19 PM)nothing Wrote: Bloody sleep! Dr Google reckons I have Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome (basically my body clock is a jerk), fitbit sleep data seems to back that up, so going to try some non medication solutions over the next few weeks and if it's not sorted I'll bring it up with gp or the psychiatrist. The excitement.

Is it that your natural rthym is to sleep late and wake late?

Something like that, yes. A big problem when I have to be somewhere before noon. Or trying to keep any kind of eating schedule.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 22-05-2022

It can be a real vicious cycle when it is not working 🤗

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 22-05-2022

I've tried loads of medicated and non medicated to help me sleep which is worse since I had covid, it's an awful nightmare not being able to sleep at a reasonable time and length

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 22-05-2022

(22-05-2022, 07:46 PM)nothing Wrote:
(22-05-2022, 07:00 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Is it that your natural rthym is to sleep late and wake late?

Something like that, yes. A big problem when I have to be somewhere before noon. Or trying to keep any kind of eating schedule.
Sleep is such a fascinating thing and I really think that the impact of it's lack is underrated. I'm a natural night owl so find it difficult to wake early in the morning and I'm really not my best. I think the modern world of work and study should cater for different body clocks. Our mental health will play a part as well of course. When I'm not great emotionally I am more tired and no matter how much I sleep it doesn't make a difference.

My GP often says that he could make anyone do anything by depriving them of sleep. I've read it's used as a form of torture.

I love the silence at 4am. If it didn't interfere with courses, appointments, social life, I'd happily not bother "fixing" it. Alas, this world is built for the 9 to 5

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 22-05-2022

If you havn't already, this is a useful read ( at least I found it )

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fkbimages1-a.akamaihd.ne...f=1&nofb=1]

In the public library system as audio and print formats

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 23-05-2022

Went for family meal today, felt so strange without dad and visiting the grave is just surreal, I keep thinking oh I must pick this up for dad

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 24-05-2022

Another mass shooting in a primary school in Texas. 14 kids and 1 teacher killed.

It's tragic but at this stage not even remotely surprising.

The US will never, ever learn and more and more innocents will die because of their obsession with the 2nd Amendment.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 25-05-2022

Just for Sephers

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 25-05-2022

(24-05-2022, 10:18 PM)Necro Wrote: Another mass shooting in a primary school in Texas. 14 kids and 1 teacher killed.

It's tragic but at this stage not even remotely surprising.

The US will never, ever learn and more and more innocents will die because of their obsession with the 2nd Amendment.

RIP the victims 

It seems gun crimes are rife, every day a case or cases, damn Republicans and their love of guns

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 26-05-2022

RIP Ray Liotta. ...

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - lorcand1990 - 26-05-2022

(26-05-2022, 06:26 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: RIP Ray Liotta. ...

He was great in Goodfellas, one of my favourite films ever

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 26-05-2022

Google says he was only 67!  Undecided

I haven't seen Goodfellas I don't think, I only know him ''The Bee Movie''  Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 26-05-2022

I enjoyed Heartbreakers and Copland

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 26-05-2022

(26-05-2022, 07:07 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote:
(26-05-2022, 06:26 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: RIP Ray Liotta. ...

He was great in Goodfellas, one of my favourite films ever

One of mine too ,fantastic film , plus the soundtrack is phenomenal. 
I liked him in Field Off Dreams too though , much softer side to him (I thought this gif was quite apt though)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 28-05-2022

I've just cut the grass and I'm on the verge of heat exhaustion, it's hot out there.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 28-05-2022

I stayed in today, too warm for me altogether. Have stocked up on ice pops though

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 28-05-2022

Was out at a 5 year olds birthday party with the young fella as he was invited. Absolutely gorgeous out!

But I now need a new windscreen as there's a bit crack in mine, think a passing car kicked up a rock. Booooo!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 28-05-2022

(28-05-2022, 05:43 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I've just cut the grass and I'm on the verge of heat exhaustion, it's hot out there.

I went out to cut the grass , changed my mind ,got a book , a hat and a bottle of water and switched off for a few hours instead ☺

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 28-05-2022

(28-05-2022, 07:31 PM)Necro Wrote: Was out at a 5 year olds birthday party with the young fella as he was invited. Absolutely gorgeous out!

But I now need a new windscreen as there's a bit crack in mine, think a passing car kicked up a rock. Booooo!

Are you covered by insurance, it might just need filler if small chip crack

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 28-05-2022

(28-05-2022, 09:34 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote:
(28-05-2022, 07:31 PM)Necro Wrote: Was out at a 5 year olds birthday party with the young fella as he was invited. Absolutely gorgeous out!

Are you covered by insurance, it might just need filler if small chip crack

Nah it's a big dirty spidering one Sad

Checked my policy and I'm not covered unfortunately.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 28-05-2022

(28-05-2022, 10:21 PM)Necro Wrote:
(28-05-2022, 09:34 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Are you covered by insurance, it might just need filler if small chip crack

Nah it's a big dirty spidering one Sad

Checked my policy and I'm not covered unfortunately.
[Image: oo-ouch.gif]

Shop around when it's up for renewal, free windscreen replacement (no excess, NCB not affected) is standard on a lot of policies.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 29-05-2022

The crowd scenes at Dublin airport, omg, what happens if flights missed over delays checking in, will DAA reimburse, put people up in accommodations?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - jp liz v1 - 01-06-2022

Johnny Depp wins

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 01-06-2022

(25-05-2022, 12:05 PM)dawg Wrote: Just for Sephers

Is someone cutting the onions?