A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV (/showthread.php?tid=72)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 25-10-2021

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 02-11-2021

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 09-11-2021

Dean Stockwell ( Quantum Leap ) dies

RIP

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - E.N. - 09-11-2021

(09-11-2021, 08:18 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Dean Stockwell ( Quantum Leap ) dies

RIP

That's very sad, loved Quantum Leap
Just looked though, he was 85 so he had a pretty good innings Smile

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - E.N. - 09-11-2021

Squid Game series two confirmed, in the least surprising news of the year

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - quickbeam - 09-11-2021

RIP

Long career. Played Gregory Peck's son in Gentleman's Agreement back in the 40s.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Zaph - 09-11-2021

RIP

I always remember him as Doctor Yueh in David Lynch's Dune.  He was one of the best things about that mess.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - cee_jay - 13-11-2021

Disney/Marvel have announced a Wandavision spin-off: Agatha The House of Harkness. I love Kathryn Hahn, so this sounds excellent!
https://www.engadget.com/wandavision-spinoff-agatha-house-of-harkness-disney-plus-kathryn-hahn-mcu-173507639.html

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Necro - 13-11-2021

It was Agatha all along!

Anyone give the new series of Dexter a spin yet? First episode is mildly promising... Given how it ended anyways

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - cee_jay - 13-11-2021

I'd never seen Dexter, so we are currently watching it from the start. We have one episode left in season 1. I've been kinda spoiled by the blurb on the new series.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - ari101 - 13-11-2021

I must rewatch the old Dexter... I always loved it (at least until a certain point? I think...) pac

I really enjoyed the BBC mini series Showtrial - it's on iplayer for anyone looking for something legal/crime drama-y.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - RSOAPS - 13-11-2021

(13-11-2021, 02:12 PM)Necro Wrote: Anyone give the new series of Dexter a spin yet? First episode is mildly promising... Given how it ended anyways

Enjoyed it. Same showrunner as the first 4 seasons, so I'm hopeful it'll be decent as a once off season anyway.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Necro - 13-11-2021

(13-11-2021, 05:53 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(13-11-2021, 02:12 PM)Necro Wrote: Anyone give the new series of Dexter a spin yet? First episode is mildly promising... Given how it ended anyways

Enjoyed it. Same showrunner as the first 4 seasons, so I'm hopeful it'll be decent as a once off season anyway.

Yeah there's lots of little links to the earlier seasons alright. Including a certain former sparring partner of Dexter's Wink (Not saying too much so as not to spoil cee_jay)

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 16-11-2021

Party Down revival ordered at Starz

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 21-11-2021

I'm a Celeb starts tonight

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - quickbeam - 27-11-2021

I know I'm 14 years late, but I just watched Season 1 of Friday Night Lights. What a great show! It even makes American Football look exciting.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 27-11-2021

(27-11-2021, 09:22 PM)quickbeam Wrote: I know I'm 14 years late, but I just watched Season 1 of Friday Night Lights.  What a great show!  It even makes American Football look exciting.

After that show, Parenthood next

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - quickbeam - 27-11-2021

Ah, I don't have Parenthood on DVD, so sticking with everything on boxset first, unless I can record from terrestrial TV.

I do love the Parenthood movie though.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 30-11-2021

Dopesick on Disney Star is a fascinating watch, great performances all round

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 02-12-2021

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 04-12-2021

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Tigger - 05-12-2021

(02-12-2021, 07:55 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Pl

Still not big enough he's smaller than me but if they feed him small actors and kk is tiny so it just might work

While I'm a long time Lee child reader and I felt worse over cruises casting as JR than as lestadet I actually enjoyed the tone of the two a omibations that were branded as reacher

The tone in the trailer seems goofyAre they books goofy I don't remember them being goofy A

Said it before and say it again 

Described as six foot five, with a fifty inch chest and weighing somewhere between 210 and 250 pounds. He has ice-blue eyes and dirty blonde hair.

The new guy is 6'2" 210 which is almost big enough considering how big the rock looks with lifts and boots and good angles and he's only 6' 3" but probably 265

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Butty Brennan - 06-12-2021

(05-12-2021, 01:05 AM)Tigger Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 07:55 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Pl

Still not big enough he's smaller than me but if they feed him small actors and kk is tiny so it just might work

While I'm a long time Lee child reader and I felt worse over cruises casting as JR than as lestadet I actually enjoyed the tone of the two a omibations that were branded as reacher

The tone in the trailer seems goofyAre they books goofy I don't remember them being goofy A

Said it before and say it again 

Described as six foot five, with a fifty inch chest and weighing somewhere between 210 and 250 pounds. He has ice-blue eyes and dirty blonde hair.

The new guy is 6'2" 210 which is almost big enough considering how big the rock looks with lifts and boots and good angles and he's only 6' 3" but probably 265

When you are looking for a 6 foot 5 actor who is well built and can look menacing you won't have a massive pool to choose from unless they can find a newcomer.
Dolph Lundgren in his prime would would have looked the part but his American accent isn't very convincing. Maybe Jason Mamoa with a haircut and dye? He's just one inch under at 6'4.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 06-12-2021

I liked Tom Cruise's first Reacher film

Edge has done acting, could have been a contender, height wise

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Butty Brennan - 06-12-2021

(06-12-2021, 07:29 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: I liked Tom Cruise's first Reacher film

Cruise might not have matched up with the books but I liked what he did with the role as well. He gave off  an aura of someone you didn't want to mess with.
It was the same with Trainspotting, if you read the books Begbie is portrayed as a big muscle-bound thug but despite him being quite small Robert Carlyle did a great job in the film, he made him a very menacing character.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Tigger - 07-12-2021

(06-12-2021, 07:59 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 07:29 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: I liked Tom Cruise's first Reacher film

Cruise might not have matched up with the books but I liked what he did with the role as well. He gave off  an aura of someone you didn't want to mess with.
It was the same with Trainspotting, if you read the books Begbie is portrayed as a big muscle-bound thug but despite him being quite small Robert Carlyle did a great job in the film, he made him a very menacing character.
I've read trainspotting a f w tim s and I dnnt racall but it's probably been 20years since I last read it 
Thwrw were a few gym rats in IW s world of Leith or whatey but I don't r member Franco being one of them

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 07-12-2021

Colin Farrell has officially signed on to star in and executive produce a series spinoff of "The Batman" as The Penguin for HBO Max

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Butty Brennan - 07-12-2021

(07-12-2021, 12:37 AM)Tigger Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 07:59 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote: Cruise might not have matched up with the books but I liked what he did with the role as well. He gave off  an aura of someone you didn't want to mess with.
I've read trainspotting a f w tim s and I dnnt racall but it's probably been 20years since I last read it 
Thwrw were a few gym rats in IW s world of Leith or whatey but I don't r member Franco being one of them
He is a big guy in the books, and he's a skinhead in Skagboys iirc. In fact Welsh thought that Carlyle was a dodgy choice for the character at first due to his small size but Danny Boyle said that the most dangerous psychos are the small guys, they will always go that bit further.
It was a great bit of casting, when I read the books I always picture Begbie as Carlyle.
On the subject: Sickboy was from an Italian family in the books, he got all the girls with his suave latin looks so Johnny Lee Miller with his spiky blonde hair was a bit of a departure there too.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 11-12-2021

A follow-up to “Six Feet Under” is in very early development at HBO, Variety has learned exclusively from sources.

At this time, no writer is attached to the project. Likewise, no plotline has been decided, meaning it could be a reboot or more of a sequel series following up on existing characters from the show in the present day, but no decision has been made.

Original series creator Alan Ball and executive producers Bob Greenblatt and David Janollari are all attached to executive produce the new project. At this time it is unclear if the project will move beyond the discussions phase, particularly given that the original series finale is held up as one of the best and most definitive of all time.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 15-12-2021

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - cee_jay - 23-12-2021

Gurls5Eva. I have watched 2 episodes so far, and it's great.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/dec/21/girls5eva-review-tina-feys-gags-are-so-good-they-should-be-revered

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - aaronjennings - 24-12-2021

If anyone hasn't seen I've Literally Just Told You on Channel 4, the first episode was good, but last night's episode was an absolute shit-show and I highly recommend everyone watch it Big Grin

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - nothing - 24-12-2021

(24-12-2021, 04:27 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: If anyone hasn't seen I've Literally Just Told You on Channel 4, the first episode was good, but last night's episode was an absolute shit-show and I highly recommend everyone watch it Big Grin

I haven't laughed that much in ages, I second the recommendation! It's available free on all4 app

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Butty Brennan - 26-12-2021

The best thing I watched over Christmas was CU Burn on TG4 on Christmas Eve. I just found it flicking around, It's a comedy in Irish about a dodgy undertaker who is a bit like Del Boy. It must be an old show because the cars all looked terrible. There was a running joke where the two rival undertakers kept stealing a dead body from each other and replacing it with a another body dressed in a Santa suit.
The funniest thing I've seen in ages Big Grin

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Barna77 - 26-12-2021

I've watched too many Christmas movies. These people get their lives sorted in a week, meanwhile mine is pure drama ...

Binging on The Office

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - nothing - 26-12-2021

Watching Around the world in 80 days, quite enjoying it

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - TheValeyard - 26-12-2021

Going through the auld Harry Potter films.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 29-12-2021

I'm binging on Clash of the Coverbands, some excellent acts on it, I would think of some of them the real act

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 01-01-2022

RIP Betty White, a comedy legend, last Golden Girl, aged 99 just a few weeks away of 100

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - nothing - 05-01-2022

(30-11-2021, 07:09 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Dopesick on Disney Star is a fascinating watch, great performances all round

Started watching yesterday, its a bit confusing at the start with time jumping around, but once you get used to it, fantastic.