A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV (/showthread.php?tid=72)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - cee_jay - 16-08-2021

(15-08-2021, 02:32 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(14-08-2021, 10:08 PM)HeyV Wrote: Not tv exactly but I started watching Greys Anatomy lately on Disney+ after years of loads of people in work telling me to watch it...
I’m now on season 12 and totally hooked! Smile
Had never seen any of it before, so it’s totally new, fresh viewing for me!
No spoilers please   Big Grin

I've also gotten into Grey's Anatomy for the very first time thanks to Disney + and loving it.

I'm obviously moving at a much slower viewing pace though, as I'm only quite early on in Season 3, but it's great.

I do know certain things that happen along the way, certain cast changes and the like, simply due to pop culture osmosis, so I'm perhaps trying to savour the experience of the early seasons a bit more knowing that perhaps not all of the characters I've become most attached to will be around forever.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan was the best thing to happen to that show  Heart

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 16-08-2021

(16-08-2021, 08:36 AM)cee_jay Wrote:
(15-08-2021, 02:32 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: I've also gotten into Grey's Anatomy for the very first time thanks to Disney + and loving it.

I'm obviously moving at a much slower viewing pace though, as I'm only quite early on in Season 3, but it's great.

I do know certain things that happen along the way, certain cast changes and the like, simply due to pop culture osmosis, so I'm perhaps trying to savour the experience of the early seasons a bit more knowing that perhaps not all of the characters I've become most attached to will be around forever.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan was the best thing to happen to that show  Heart

He makes any show great

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - RSOAPS - 17-08-2021

Started watching My Unorthodox Life on Neflix and even though I'm only an episode and a half in, I am absolutely loving it.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - ari101 - 17-08-2021

(14-08-2021, 10:08 PM)HeyV Wrote: Not tv exactly but I started watching Greys Anatomy lately on Disney+ after years of loads of people in work telling me to watch it...

I've also gotten into Grey's Anatomy for the very first time thanks to Disney + and loving it.

I wish I hadn't already watched it (almost) all, I'm filled with nostalgia at the thought of only being on season 3 and knowing it was all ahead of me! Big Grin I did a rewatch a couple of years ago, and I was expecting a season 2/3 peak, but I remember rediscovering storylines in later seasons that made me appreciate it across most of the years Smile For me it is probably a top 10 'non-crime drama' tv.
So much of my favourite tv is crime, or scandi noir inspired these days that it needs to have it's own category of its own ? I watched the two seasons of BBC Wales' Hidden with great enjoyment recently.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 18-08-2021

This is coming on BBC 2 soon, Colin Farrell getting praise for it 

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - E.N. - 19-08-2021

With Sean Lock's passing, I've seen lots of high praise for his sitcom, 15 Storeys High. Somehow I'd never heard of it, anyone watched it? The entire series is on YouTube, I'm adding it to my list

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0PP4cRAA7PqMmFsqSOCCXPNlhVrS03oG

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - nothing - 19-08-2021

(19-08-2021, 06:43 PM)E.N. Wrote: With Sean Lock's passing, I've seen lots of high praise for his sitcom, 15 Storeys High. Somehow I'd never heard of it, anyone watched it? The entire series is on YouTube, I'm adding it to my list

I'd never heard of it either! Thanks for the link

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 19-08-2021

(19-08-2021, 06:51 PM)nothing Wrote:
(19-08-2021, 06:43 PM)E.N. Wrote: With Sean Lock's passing, I've seen lots of high praise for his sitcom, 15 Storeys High. Somehow I'd never heard of it, anyone watched it? The entire series is on YouTube, I'm adding it to my list

I'd never heard of it either! Thanks for the link

Same never heard of it so thank you

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Neowise - 20-08-2021

thanks, but i think ones enough for me.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - cee_jay - 20-08-2021

I have only seen one episode of it so far, but Dead Pixels on All4 is quite funny. It is a group of Kingdom Scrolls (aka WoW) gamers.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - RSOAPS - 21-08-2021

Looks like I made the right call with the slow approach as I've just spotted Private Practice is coming to Disney+ on September 8th, so I'll be able to watching the spin-off alongside Season 4 in the correct viewing order so that any crossovers will line up nicely...

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47azckw1wtkcngc5o7cm...y.gif&ct=g]

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - HeyV - 21-08-2021

(21-08-2021, 07:45 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(15-08-2021, 02:32 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: I've also gotten into Grey's Anatomy for the very first time thanks to Disney + and loving it.

Looks like I made the right call with the slow approach as I've just spotted Private Practice is coming to Disney+ on September 8th, so I'll be able to watching the spin-off alongside Season 4 in the correct viewing order so that any crossovers will line up nicely...

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47azckw1wtkcngc5o7cm...y.gif&ct=g]

Will definitely be watching that!  Smile

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 24-08-2021

I really enjoyed Why Women Kill series 1 but finding series 2 a slow burner so far

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 27-08-2021

Cobra Kai renewed for 5th season

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - ari101 - 27-08-2021

I really enjoyed The Chair (New miniseries with Sandra Oh + great others whose names I struggle with) and I'm excited for Vigil this weekend Big Grin

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 28-08-2021

(27-08-2021, 11:38 PM)ari101 Wrote: I really enjoyed The Chair (New miniseries with Sandra Oh + great others whose names I struggle with) and I'm excited for Vigil this weekend Big Grin

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 29-08-2021

RIP Ed Asner

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - ari101 - 29-08-2021

(28-08-2021, 01:07 AM)jp liz v1 Wrote:
(27-08-2021, 11:38 PM)ari101 Wrote: I really enjoyed The Chair (New miniseries with Sandra Oh + great others whose names I struggle with) and I'm excited for Vigil this weekend Big Grin

Tis time Big Grin (hopefully the suspense is not too scarey for me, I'm a wimp pac)

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - quickbeam - 29-08-2021

Finished Season One of The Good Wife. Yeah, yeah, I know I'm like 12 years behind here. But thought it was really good.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - ari101 - 29-08-2021

(29-08-2021, 09:07 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Finished Season One of The Good Wife.  Yeah, yeah, I know I'm like 12 years behind here.  But thought it was really good.

Oh I loved The Good Wife and the first season of The Good Fight too, it lost me in the politics somewhere during Season 2/3 but up until then I was a huge fan.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - HeyV - 30-08-2021

Definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but I can't wait for Glow Up Ireland to start this Thursday night! 
I loved the UK one. Maura Higgins is hosting the Irish one  Big Grin

[Image: 80297e08-e4cd-5fd1-9c04-5c454bce78e7.jpeg]

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 30-08-2021

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 30-08-2021

^

Mayor of Kingstown premieres November 14 on Paramount +

Jeremy Renner, Kyle Chandler, Hugh Dillon, Pha’rez Lass, Tobi Bamtefa, Emma Laird, Derek Webster, Taylor Handley, Dianne Wiest and Hamish Allen-Headley star in Taylor Sheridan’s upcoming series which follows the McLusky family, power brokers in Kingstown, Michigan, where the business of incarceration is the only thriving industry. Tackling themes of systemic racism, corruption and inequality, the series provides a stark look at their attempt to bring order and justice to a town that has neither

Deadline

I hope it is picked over here, Taylor Sheridan is a plus plus

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 01-09-2021

Gogglebox Ireland is back tonight at 10pm

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - HeyV - 01-09-2021

(01-09-2021, 08:28 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Gogglebox Ireland is back tonight at 10pm
Gogglebox UK ... Pete, Mary, Andy ?

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 02-09-2021

Young Rock is on Sky Comedy on Friday September 17th at 8pm with a double-bill

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - HeyV - 02-09-2021

(30-08-2021, 03:40 PM)HeyV Wrote: Definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but I can't wait for Glow Up Ireland to start this Thursday night! 
I loved the UK one. Maura Higgins is hosting the Irish one  Big Grin

[Image: 80297e08-e4cd-5fd1-9c04-5c454bce78e7.jpeg]
For anyone that thanked this, it is starting in about 10 mins or so  Smile

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Strawberry Milkshake - 06-09-2021

I changed my broadband over to eir so get Prime free for the year.

Over the weekend I watched Kevin can F himself. Im having a do I/don’t I like it feeling. Last episode left to watch.

Also, myself and himself watched a good few episodes of Clarkson’s Farm and I love it!

Married at First sight Uk started last week too and it’s my guilty pleasure. Have to catch up on Thurs and Fri episodes.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 06-09-2021

Michael K. Williams (The Wire and Boardwalk Empire) dead at 54

RIP

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - RSOAPS - 06-09-2021

Shit, that one stings. Such a talented actor who gave us one of the most iconic and memorable TV Characters of all-time as Omar Little in The Wire.

RIP

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Necro - 07-09-2021

(06-09-2021, 11:43 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Shit, that one stings. Such a talented actor who gave us one of the most iconic and memorable TV Characters of all-time as Omar Little in The Wire.

RIP

[Image: the-wire-all-in-the-game.gif]

Still putting in great performances up to this year too, was nominated for an Emmy for his role in Lovecraft Country

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - quickbeam - 07-09-2021

I’ve never seen The Wire so didn’t know the name but it does show the legacy of his work that even I’ve heard of Omar Little.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - ari101 - 07-09-2021

(07-09-2021, 06:51 AM)quickbeam Wrote: I’ve never seen The Wire ...

^ this needs to be fixed Big Grin Do it to honour 'Omar' if nothing else, may he RIP.

(07-09-2021, 08:34 AM)ari101 Wrote: ^ this needs to be fixed Big Grin Do it to honour 'Omar' if nothing else, may he RIP.

So many other things in the queue ahead of it. But ... now that I know how to stream and VPN, I may do it sooner than otherwise.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 07-09-2021

(07-09-2021, 05:11 AM)Necro Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 11:43 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Shit, that one stings. Such a talented actor who gave us one of the most iconic and memorable TV Characters of all-time as Omar Little in The Wire.

RIP

[Image: the-wire-all-in-the-game.gif]

Still putting in great performances up to this year too, was nominated for an Emmy for his role in Lovecraft Country

Hap and Leonard also worth a watch, underrated, 3 season show with Michael and James Purefoy

(07-09-2021, 09:46 AM)jp liz v1 Wrote: James Purefoy

Sold!

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - ari101 - 07-09-2021

Accidentally watching The Young Offenders (I don't normally have access to a TV), pi$$ing myself laughing, maybe there is something to be said for watching random TV pac

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Sephiroth_Dude - 07-09-2021

(07-09-2021, 10:57 PM)ari101 Wrote: Accidentally watching The Young Offenders (I don't normally have access to a TV), pi$$ing myself laughing, maybe there is something to be said for watching random TV pac

Its a masterpiece now go watch the rest  pac

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Mam of 4 - 08-09-2021

I started watching Chicago Med on Netflix last night .

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - aaronjennings - 08-09-2021

(08-09-2021, 11:58 AM)Mam of 4 Wrote: I started watching  Chicago Med on Netflix last night .

I've only seen the most recent season, and last season's crossover, but it is so good. And I say that as someone who would never usually watch medical dramas