A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV (/showthread.php?tid=72)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - nothing - 06-10-2023

I quite enjoyed Lokis return. Different strokes, eh?

Quite enjoying Gen V (The Boys spin off) and about to go get first ep of new season of Quantum Leap, really enjoyed the first season.

Krapopolis is ok-ish, and new Futurama was alright. Lower Decks is back too, enjoying that.

Delighted that the writers strike is over, I really missed the late night US shows.

Oh, neighbours is back, available to us on the RTE player. Watched the first few, it was a shark jump of a shark jump, but sure it's nice mild mindless drama and sometimes I need that to decompress.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - fixxxer - 09-10-2023

Before watching Ashoka I'm rewatching Clone Wars, then Rebels. The animated stuff is really fun to be back to.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - ShaneU - 09-10-2023

Watched the first 2 episodes of Silo. Similar story to Fallout 3. Mysterious enough but I feel like I've figured out what's going on already.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - nothing - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 03:17 PM)ShaneU Wrote: Watched the first 2 episodes of Silo. Similar story to Fallout 3. Mysterious enough but I feel like I've figured out what's going on already.

I watched it a while ago, enjoyed it, bit of an unexpected twist at the end for me

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - RSOAPS - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 03:17 PM)ShaneU Wrote: Watched the first 2 episodes of Silo. Similar story to Fallout 3. Mysterious enough but I feel like I've figured out what's going on already.

I read the book series years ago, and even when you think you have something figured out, you usually then find out you were only half right, and then more questions unfold and then just when you think you have the next thing right, you discover you were either way off or only had half the story again.

Its a solid and satisfying book series, and having watched the first season of Silo (I watched the whole thing in two sittings one weekend even though I already knew where it was going having read the books, which is a good indicator its a well done show), I think it has potential to be an amazing adaptation - they've made some changes to the book on the show, but so far it has only enhanced the story, and as long as they stay true to the core story certain changes will add to proceeding.

If they stay true to the book series and don't try to go on beyond or stray too far from the source material it'll be a solid series - I reckon they could go for 3 (maybe 4 seasons, depending on how they pace things) and do it justice.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 09-10-2023

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - ShaneU - 16-10-2023

Finished Silo, very good. Looking forward to the next series.

Also finished Cyberpunk Edgerunners, really good! Reminded me of Evangelion, what a crazy series.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 19-10-2023

The Reckoning about Jimmy Savile is a real tough watch but Steve Coogan is amazing in his portrayal

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Spears - 22-10-2023

(31-08-2023, 07:13 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote:

@jp liz v1 Binge watched this on rainy Friday and really enjoyed it 👌

(Wasn't so keen on the casting of young Elias. Found him very creepy. His character was supposed to be troubled, not creepy. Just didn't like him. His hair annoyed me, his eyes annoyed me & the stupid yellow coat bothered me too)

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 22-10-2023

Starting tonight on RTE 1

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - fixxxer - 23-10-2023

The Fall of the House of Usher is proving interesting so far. Not really scary, but I'm desensitized from years of horror watching. Enjoying the characters a lot so I'll probably watch this one to the end.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Spears - 23-10-2023

^ There's a bit of filth in that show. 

Do NOT watch it with any kiddo's sitting beside you. Things may get a bit awkward like- what happened with me 🙈

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 29-10-2023

It seems Matthew Perry aka Chandler Bing in Friends has died from drowning, really saddened by this, what an iconic character, could he be anymore funny and missed

RIP

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - ShaneU - 29-10-2023

Very sad

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 13-12-2023

RIP Andre Braugher (Homicide and Brooklyn Nine-Nine)

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 04-01-2024

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Necro - 05-01-2024

Anyone watching the second season of The Traitors (UK)? Been really good so far.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Neowise - 05-01-2024

(05-01-2024, 11:45 AM)Necro Wrote: Anyone watching the second season of The Traitors (UK)? Been really good so far.

I am, binged the first 3 episodes last night.
Very enjoyable.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Necro - 05-01-2024

(05-01-2024, 12:19 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(05-01-2024, 11:45 AM)Necro Wrote: Anyone watching the second season of The Traitors (UK)? Been really good so far.

I am, binged the first 3 episodes last night.
Very enjoyable.

Yeah myself and Necrina watched episodes 2 and 3 last night. It's much better than the last season there's less wallflowers and more personalities which makes roundtable exciting!

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - nothing - 06-01-2024

Also watching, enjoying so far. Laughed my head off tonight

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 06-01-2024

Yes liking it, shame Sonia and Aubrey went out early

I feel for Brian, kinda like me in werewolf games  Big Grin

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Necro - 10-01-2024

If anyone was interested, BBC are taking applications for season 3 of The Traitors at the moment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/take-part/the-traitors

There's a fair bit on the form. Have filled out half of it myself already but I don't know if I'll complete it as dates for filming don't really suit me this year (Spring/Summer 2024)

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 13-01-2024

I think bar Jaz and maybe Diane, the faithful are sh!te, how is Paul not getting more suspicions on him and he has practically outed Harry as a fellow cohort, Jaz needs to speak up more - TraitorsUK

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 17-01-2024

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 18-01-2024

What an episode of Traitors UK but FFS I really want Paul gone just to see the faces hearing their hero is a traitor, Harry to win

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 19-01-2024

OMG Harry is the master not Paul, stirrer cleverly, he has to win, the traitors are technically helping the faithfuls getting traitors by instigating the bus on, planting the seeds

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Neowise - 19-01-2024

Andrew is a bit of a liability, he keeps turret talking during the day, needing to be reassured.
Hopefully he will gain in confidence so as not to need to have them conversations and thoughts during the day.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 19-01-2024

(19-01-2024, 02:21 AM)Neowise Wrote: Andrew is a bit of a liability, he keeps turret talking during the day, needing to be reassured.
Hopefully he will gain in confidence so as not to need to have them conversations and thoughts during the day.

He is an uncomfortable traitor and knows Harry probably will sell him out 

Maybe Jaz will vote him again, clearly the real clairvoyant to see into the future of a recruited traitor

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 25-01-2024

Ross a terrible faithful and terrible traitor, really can't see the traitors losing now, no one listening to Jasmine and Jaz

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 27-01-2024

Well played Harry, Mollie completely taken in, was she crushing on him?

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 23-03-2024

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 03-04-2024